Bing, Google

i can move mountains — Dogwood Strath 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Fenrir who has 137 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain

Lunette Vuesain

I’ve got my love stuck in my head

It was too much. It was just too much. The entire mountain had fallen on her head and knocked her skull in, and gone on to rest solely across her shoulders and nothing else of the world. Hells, it felt like she had the entire sky resting on her head, and fifty thousand miles and impossible vertical cliffs to climb to ever get home again—the home she hated, the home she loved. She sobbed, unable to stop it, the tears burning hot with shame as they tracked down her downwards-pointing muzzle. They left darker gray streaks in her silver fur.

And Reiko just kept being too nice to her. He scrambled over, a reddish shadow in the corner of her eyes, and pressed his shoulder against hers. It only made her gasp harder, hacking breaths and sobs mingling as she suddenly pressed her face into his chest. He was warm. His heart was beating really, really fast. It was comforting. He was as fucked up and scared as her in that moment. Backwards as it was, it calmed her significantly, to the point that she could actually hear what he was saying.

She had come all the way by herself like a mistake, and she shouldn't have—only she'd been on a mountainside and it had been easier going down. And.. and he spoke of his pack with such warmth and love, even if it was in a frantic attempt to calm her, but it just hit her in the heart harder. Kerb sounded like Kajika. His dad sounded like a nice chap. He had a sister—he still had his sister. And he had a mom who protected them and would help Lunette home.

All she had to do was trot. Every part of her body told her no way, but somehow she forced herself to stand, abandoning the safety of Reiko's touch. She trembled a little, her tail limp. "O-okay..." she managed to force out, accompanied by a weak nod. She could trot. She could trot to the ends of the earth—but once there, she'd collapse in a tangle of legs and never get up. Well, at least not for a few days.