525 Users Online
Google, Bing

What the... — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Random Event: Spinning Ice Disks

@Moonshadow I power played her walking to the lake with him... if you want me to change it let me know.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 239

Weather: Sunny, 20F/-7C, mid-morning

Tagg woke suddenly.  He knew he’d been dreaming, but it was fading too quickly for him to catch the memory of it. The prickling in his fur told him it had been another nightmare, though. Sunlight filtered through the entrance of the cave; he’d overslept.

“Moon, it’s time to get up.” He said softly, nudging the sleeping woman beside him. He crawled out of the den and stretched in the sunlight.  Its warmth felt good against his fur and he just enjoyed its heat for a moment while he waited for his love.  When she finally joined him, he greeted her with lick to the cheek and a nuzzle before turning and heading to the lake for a drink.

He hadn’t made any plans for the day, so he hoped maybe he and @Moonshadow could spend it together.  With weather like this, they could do all kinds of things.  

As he approached the water, Tagg paused. What is that? He wondered.  Slowly spinning near the edge of the water was a perfectly circular disk of ice.  Curious, Tagg padded to the shore closest to it and stared at it.  He wondered if it would be strong enough to hold his weight.  It was fairly large; several wolf-lengths across. With a glance back at Moon, he took a running jump and landed a little ways inside it.  The entire structure wobbled, and Tagg froze, not wanting to get dumped into the water.

"Speech"  Thought

(This post was last modified: Jan 29, 2017, 08:16 PM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: you had an open <b> tag )
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Oh ya its fine :) and funny you did the RE cuz I was gonna suggest they have a thread with it XD

She hadn't been asleep when Tagg woke up. She had felt him moving about which is what initially woke her. Silver eyes watched with concern as she watched his fur bristle and muzzle scrunch up in a silent snarl. She watched to make sure he was okay. When he woke suddenly she had quickly laid her head back down to act as of she was asleep. Her ears listening to him to make sure her love was okay. His nudge and warm words told her that he most likely didnt remember the dream. She waited until he exited the den before lifting her head once more. Lifting herself up onto her large limbs she gave them a good stretch. She followed him out into the sunlight, shielding her eyes for a moment as they adjusted to the brightness. With the overwhelming brightness no longer an issue she strode up to him welcoming the kiss and nuzzle to her face. A hum of happiness vibrated her throat as she returned the gesture and followed him to the lake.

As the duo approached the lake the russet vet had spotted something by the shore and trotted off. Moon might have seen the disk when Tagg had if she hasn't been too busy watching and admiring him. Pulled from her thoughts as he went to the edge of the water the ebony woman finally spots the oddity. Coming up next to him she lowered her head to sniff at the spinning ice. Her head tilted in curiosity, why is it spinning she wondered fully intrigued. Having been focused on the ice she missed his look over at her but she silver tipped ears flicked at the sound of him running across the rocks. She lifted her silver gaze just in time to see his red form jump onto the disk. A gasp left her maw as she readied herself to go after him if disaster struck. He landed on the disk easily sliding a bit before coming to a halt. Her ears pressed forward listening to any protest the ice may give. "You know that could have broke. This water isn't as nice as the hot spring" she said with a bit of teasing laced into her concern. How could one just go and jump on something without know it was safe or not. 

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! haha yeah I was thinking maybe they should do something on accident instead of seeking each other out all the time xD

Word Count: 211

Tagg was pleased with how well the ice held his weight; there was no crackling, and he suspected the middle, where he now stood, was thicker than the edges.  Still, he didn’t dare move too much for fear of unbalancing it.  With him standing in the center it didn’t bob too much, but there was still that worry.

He grinned at Moon, turning his head so he could look at her as long as possible while the disk continued to spin.  “Come on, live a little.” He teased when he was facing her again. “It’s strong enough.  Besides, if I’d ended up in the water you can bet your tail I would have headed straight for the spring.”

He still might, especially if he got wet here. The last thing he wanted to do was get sick because he was being stupid.

He waited patiently as it spun around, speaking only when he could see her. “I wonder how it got here.” He’d seen ice moving in water before, but never in a perfect circle, and never so flat.  It was an anomaly that both excited and confused him.  If it wasn’t so cold he might’ve swam under it to see what the bottom looked like, though he hated opening his eyes under water.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! That was a great idea!

No sounds of cracking reached her silver tipped ears so the dark woman was able to relax a bit. His 'come on live a little' caused a smirk to form on her maw and her eyes to roll a bit. She did take chances - just usually not ones that could kill her. His claim that if he did fall in he'd go straight to the springs caused a chuckle to come from the beta. Of course he would she laughed to herself.

Her molten silver gaze watched him spin round and round finding it quite amusing. It wasn't until his inquiry of how it got there did she start to wonder once more. "I dunno its really odd" she responded to him as she stepped close to the waters edge studying the near perfectly round disk. She hadnt seen anything like it in all her life. Maybe Namid or Vespertio had since they've been in the cove the longest. "Is it sturdy?" She asked her curiosity now taking over. She would try to gather as much information as possible to see if she could dig something up from her memories but no matter how hard she tried she wouldnt find anything.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 224

Tagg was starting to feel a little weird, spinning ‘round and ‘round while Moon just stood there and looked at him.  “It is indeed.” He agreed with her statement.  They were quiet for a moment before his lovely lady asked if it was sturdy.

Deciding to test it further, Tagg took a few steps closer to the edge.  The ice wobbled a little, turning under his paws, but it didn’t dip in into the water.  “I think so.” He said.  He began walking the opposite direction it was turning, keeping pace with it so while it was moving, he was able to stay in the same place and talk to Moon uninterrupted.  “This could be useful for practicing.” He noted, remembering his spar with Namid.  He looked at Moon with a twinkle in his eye.   “Want to spar? I didn’t do so well in my last one.” He asked, wanting to train some more. He’d promised his alpha, hadn’t he?

It would be difficult, and they’d have to be careful not to fall in, but it would certainly help them both get better at being aware of their surroundings while still being focused on opponent.  This was too good an opportunity to pass up, and who knew how long the revolving ice disk would be there? Water had a habit of melting ice faster than the sun.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Sorry bout the wait! I lost my muse for a bit there DX did you want to use the rolls?

Molten silver eyes looked intensely at their russet love on the spinning ice to make sure nothing happened to him. When she had asked her question she expected he simply answer her from his current spot but instead he went to the edges. Her body tensed as she took a step towards him. She ignored the icy water that lapped at her toes. She let out the breath she didnt realize she was holding when his velvet voice reached her saying he think so. Moon agreed with his statement for she had also seen the edge not dip under his weight. The veterans next statement confused the midnight she wolf. Practice? She tilted her head ever so slightly as she tried to figure out what they could practice. Then he said it...spar.

Her large silver tipped ears folded back momentarily as the memory of her epic fail flooded her mind. The last spar she had with @Kajika had gone miserably with her not being able to land one blow. Fear soon arose in her as the thought of a repeat seeped in. She couldn't bare to face anyone after that one, if she failed again how would she be able to face anyone ever again...especially her love. Luckily her man was far enough away to not hear her breathing quicken out of fear. She couldn't let him think she couldn't do it. So mercury eyes met his emerald green one as she said "sure the ice will definitely make things interesting". It most certainly would. She gave him a warm but nervous smile as she backed up from the waters edge. Having gone far enough she took off running towards the water. She lept over the liquid onto its frozen state skidding across the disk. Having stopped she stood up to face her love. She looked to the shore and watched how it spun away. The sensation was odd, spinning while everything else stood still. Looking back towards Tagg everything seemed to not spin when her gaze was locked upon his face. Feeling a bit more confident a mischievous grin formed across her inky lips as she lowered herself into a half play bow with her tail wagging happily behind her.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! You're good. I'd rather wait a few days and get a good post than get a quick forced post :) I was visiting my family anyway

Word Count: 255

Tagg waited patiently for Moon to join him on the ice disk. He watched as she leaped across the small spanse of water, his toes flexing to grip the ice as the disk swayed in response to her sudden presence. He gave a her a second to get her balance; this was just a friendly spar after all, and he didn't want her to end up in the frigid water - though it would give them an excuse to cuddle at the hot springs.

Still, better not.

"This will be a great opportunity to practice on unfamiliar terrain." Tagg said, grinning at his lovely lady from across the ice. "I'm not used to fighting in snow, and when I sparred Namid,. I couldn't even land a single blow. I was able to learn, but it was still embarrassing."  His ears flicked back. He didn't mind her knowing, though; he didn't see a learning opportunity as something to be ashamed of. As long as he didn't repeat the scenario, he should be fine.

Since she'd had ample time to prepare herself, Tagg snaked forward. He remembered how Namid had used the snow to her advantage, and decided to use that failure to learn. He locked his legs straight, paws skidding across the ice. He crouched low, knocking her paws out from under her and shoving her sideways before quickly returning to his side of the disk. He didn't want their combined weight on one side to tip the floating anomaly and send them both for a swim.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! I hope that went well!

Her loves mention of it being good to practice on unfamiliar terrian warranted a nod from the ebony female. Indeed this would be good for practicing. When he mentioned that his spar went horribly wrong with @Namid she didnt feel so bad about hers with @Kajika. "I sparred with Kajika not too long ago and I too didn't land a single blow..." She didnt feel so bad about her spar now that she knew that even an experienced wolf like her russet hero could also have a bad spar. Smiling and lowering herself Moon readied herself for his move. Even though she prepared herself she didnt think he'd strike as soon as he did. He quickly covered the distance between them and swiped her large paws out from under her and pushed her over so she fell completely on the ice. A grunt came from the beta as she hit the ice and her silver eyes caught his rusty form moved back to the other side of the disk to keep it from tipping. Getting up carefully, Moon faced her love once more. A playful growl formed in her throat as she calculated the best move. He was standing near the middle of the disk so it would be safe to bring him down. Deciding to use her size to her advantage she charged him hoping to grab his scruff and knock him down. Her attempt was a success as she felt his body fall beneath hers and her jaws were securely around the thick skin of his scruff. Her tail wagged confidentially behind her as a result of her attempt being a success this time. Now if only the rest of the match could go the same.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! So if we could do at least one more post each of fighting after what we've already rolled, that would be great :) that way we've got the six posts with them actively sparring and I can collect the guardian LP.  We don't have to roll it beyond what we've already done if you don't want to. I did ask though and since it's a spar we don't have to report the loss of HP in our health bars.

Word Count: 278

Grinning at Moon as she climbed back to her feet, Tagg stood near the center of the ice disk, carefully watching for her attack.  He stood with his blind side turned slightly away; he didn’t want to fall prey to the same attack that Namid had used.

He saw her coming and braced himself. Is she really coming right at me? He thought smugly, setting his stance in a way that would allow him to use her momentum to his advantage.  He yelped in surprise when she grabbed his scruff and knocked him to the ground, weight crushing down on him.  He felt very stupid; she was both larger and heavier than him.  He once again had to remind himself that he wasn’t fighting the smaller coyotes, but another wolf.

Good thing I’m practicing. He noted mentally. It wouldn’t do to get cocky. He flipped his body underneath her, twisting his neck at an uncomfortable angle.  Thrusting with all four paws, the scarred man shoved his partner off of him, dislodging her jaws and sending her skidding across the disk. He shook himself to unkink his neck before setting his stance again.  He was pleased the move had worked; he wasn’t sure he would be able to move her at all, and he strongly suspected it had only been a success because of the lack of friction with the ice.  He normally would have followed up the defensive move with an attack, but she was already closer to the edge of the disk than he liked and he wasn’t trying to hurt her. “That was a good move you pulled.” He said with a smile. “Way to use your superior size to your advantage.”

"Speech"  Thought

l