Bing, Google, Baidu, Viorel

if in spite of this — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
For @Wraith || Mid-Morning, Sunny, 17 ° F, -8 ° C

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me,

She had felt a little bad about bugging the large male this morning, but she didn't wanna drag Morganna along or ask Lorcan to go with. In fact, she was a little miffed with Lorcan but knew he only meant the best when asking about her recent accident. It was hard to not feel sensitive about the new addition to her appearance despite it being so boldly displayed.

Her paws shuffled through the snow that had been preserved thanks to the cold. The pale woman had hung her head down and focus on the ground most of this trip. She had asked for them to stroll down the river that through the tundra. The sound of it flowing might allow the silence to not be so noticeable. Whether it was noticeable to Wraith was unknown, but she felt it gnawing away at her. "I, uh, I'm sorry." She whispered pathetically at first. "You can go home if you want to, I'm sure there are better things to be done." Her head still hung as she trailed next to the large male. She felt bad about even dragging him out here in the first place. She constantly wondered if he even enjoyed their trips together or joined them just to be nice to her.

then in my anger I will be hostile toward you
(This post was last modified: Jan 28, 2017, 05:15 AM by Piety.)
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
Wraith had a knack for knowing when another was upset. While empathy didn't run heavily in the pack, it was far more noticeable in Whitestone than it had ever been in Willow Ridge. The black man took comfort in knowing that for the most part, everyone looked out for each other. Of course, there were spats now and then. Pointedly, the brute said nothing of Piety's recent scars. He had a feeling it was for this very reason that she invited him along over another.

Comfortable in the silence, he padded along beside her without complaint, using the opportunity to fulfill any guardian duties he'd missed out on in his travels north. While another may have asked her what was wrong, Wraith was content to wait her out. She would say when she was ready and willing.

When at last he heard her first whisper, he knew now was that time. Patiently, the male turned to @Piety fully. "What do you have to apologize for?" he asked, a brow lifted in challenge. Something was eating at her and he'd get to the root of it. One thing that had not escaped the male was the number of fights within the pack for rank. Upon their return, he would make it as known as Craw had that he would not abide by needless fighting in the midst of winter when they were meant to function as a unit, not a bunch of stupid, squabbling loners working in some loose arrangement in close quarters. They were pack, and damn it all, they would start acting like it.

"I am right where I want to be."
[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She frowned, although he likely wouldn't see it at first, as he didn't accept her apology. He questioned what she was sorry for. Her face lifted up a bit to look at his form. Not directly at his face but somewhere at his large chest. "For dragging you out here, I guess." Her shoulders shrugged softly in a weak attempt to support her reason.

Her paws slowed down to a stop as he said he was right where he wanted to be. Wasn't on top of the monadnock better with Craw, Morganna, Lorcan, and all the others? Was one of the edges that outlooked the area better than here? Wasn't anywhere besides in her company by this river a better place to be? He had to have gone crazy. Maybe the cold got to him. Or hunger even.

"I'm nervous, Wraith." She stated bluntly finally. Her eyes looked up at the large man before she put her head into the lush fur that covered his shoulder. He was a good friend and she trusted him just as well as Morganna. Her tail tucked underneath her pale form as her breath left her in a shaky wave. She didn't pull back from him to explain. The Santoro was content to stay like this until her emotions would wash away with the river.

Art/Code by Becuffin

# C W T
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
Wraith's responding smile was kind and patient. In this moment, she seemed very much like a pup in need of comfort. @Kara and @Odin didn't often come to him for such things, though he was always willing to offer a shoulder when needed. But rather than coddle her, something he suspected she'd not thank him for later, he sat and regarded @Piety seriously. "I would not have come if I wasn't alright with joining you," he replied honestly.

How many others had he denied joining on trips? Most often, he kept to traveling alongside @Craw, @Morganna, @Greer and the pups. Rarely would Capable accept his presence, though it didn't offend him. Anyone else, the brute had little interest in actively devoting time to. Much of it had to do with an incomplete bond; perhaps it was time he took a vital step away from his Alphas to more deeply engorge himself within the pack bonds.

That Piety so easily earned his ear came as a shock to even him.

With infinite patience, his deep voice rumbled out. "Why are you nervous?"

While his posture communicated ease and relaxation, a subtle tension settled in his shoulders. His words would not be mistaken for disinterest, no matter what his posture, for his gaze was far too intent. Why was she nervous? Someone in the pack? Another danger? What needed fixing? No matter what it was, he would see to it. Personally.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

Sometimes she wondered how he ended up in the Monadnock's possession but perhaps some thought the same about her. It was a melting pot of characters she had found out. Some, obviously, more aggressive than others. Nonetheless, she cared for those who cared for her too. @Wraith very clearly fell into one of those spots of caring.

His question made her face frown and she pulled back from his body. Her face both warm from his fur and the still tenderness of her wounds. "What if I can't defend my place again? What if I get kicked out or the Monadnock gets too full and I have to go?" She knew the last scenario was less likely to happen but it was still a thought. "I don't wanna let anyone down." Her good ear flattened against her skull as her head hung down again.

She looked at their paws. How large and strong his own were compared to how dainty and clumsy her own were. "Do you get nervous or do you always have everything figured out?" She didn't say it in a teasing or joking manner. Her voice held true curiosity. The dark man always seemed to have a plan. Even when they had fallen into that cavern together he seemed confident they'd get out. She didn't know how he did it.

Art/Code by Becuffin

# C W T
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
As @Piety voiced her concerns, the brute let out a soft sigh. No coddling, he reminded himself. But Wraith was far from cruel, too. "What ifs are for weak minds. Yours is not weak, Piety. Muse about these things, fine. But do not let them influence you or tear you down. You are a wolf of Whitestone Monadnock, and a loyal one at that. Nothing save death or your own decisions will change that. I promise you that." Each and every one of them had their own downfalls. Craw and Morganna were far quicker to violence than Wraith, but he admired their strength all the same. And no matter how vicious their fury, the pair of them were steady, powerful leaders with a great deal of love for what was theirs. Everyone in the pack was theirs. Being tossed aside simply for lack of room was not something either of them were capable of. Besides, Craw was far too possessive to ever relinquish anything he decided was his.

"Do I get nervous? Of course." He actually snorted. Did he truly seem so unflappable to her? The northerner felt some pride in that. It seemed only the leaders knew him well enough to feel when something was off with him. "But I'll be damned if I let that control me. And nor should you." More gently now, he dipped his muzzle to lick across her forehead, careful not to ruin the healing that had begun.

With affection, Wraith draped his head across Piety's neck in comfort. "I'm glad to know you trust me with your truths. Have faith that I mean mine."
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She was left rather speechless. He told her that her mind wasn't weak and what ifs are weak minds. The pale female was comforted by his kind words and voice. She nodded her head and mouthed a small "Okay" out of fear that he voice might crack if she tried to speak. Maybe she wanted his touch or for him to tell her it would be okay but she knew that wasn't his job. He wasn't supposed to herd her like she was some child, he was her packmate and friend. Nothing else.

Piety couldn't help but smile softly at his snort. Her head still hung a little lower than it should have. Before she spoke she felt his tongue run against her forehead and he was even careful about her healing wounds. Her tail thumped softly as he continued his display of affection as his head rested on her neck. "Of course and thank you, Wraith. I do have faith. I promise." She felt nice like this, even if it was cold around them. His large form was always so nice. Each time she spent more time with him the more she realized he truly was a gentle giant.

Art/Code by Becuffin

# C W T
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
@Piety had a kind, gentle soul, but not a weak one. She was more sensitive than she let on, and there was strength in that, too. The more the umbra of a wolf got to know her, the more appreciative he became. Earnest and honest, with a sharp wit and great sense of humor, it was hard to dislike her. Wraith found it difficult to imagine that she was garnering so much trouble within the ranks.

Satisfied with her answer, the brute nodded once.

"Now," he began, pulling back a little to regard her seriously, "About that worry about defending your place..."

It was something the male had been pondering anyway. He taught the pups plenty so there was no reason not to teach an adult a thing or two about sparring. While he didn't have an inclination towards violence, Wraith was a talented strategist. Even if he never had cause to use his skills in a battle for his life, he'd come up victorious in many a sparring match with his birth packmates. He and Craw often called a draw before egos got in the way and demanded the pair of them find out just who could outmatch who in a real match. The knowledge base, at least, was there.

"Would you care to have any training in that aspect? I can spar with you a few times a week to help you build up strength and find your mettle?"
he suggested gently, smiling with the reassurance that he wouldn't be cruel in any teachings.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She felt a little cold as he pulled back. But he was still there, she reminded herself. He hadn't disappeared or become some sort of umbra. Her muddy eyes looked at him with care and eagerness. What was he about to ask about? The pale Santoro thought she had covered everything.

Why, it wasn't a question, it was an offer. Her face little up with a smile. It was a facial expression she hadn't made in a bit or made only in the company of Morganna. "Yeah, I mean, yes!" She spoke with a certain giddiness in her voice. "Morganna's been teaching me some stuff but I think having someone else's help might be good. Get more than one perspective on what to do." She nodded her head as if reassuring herself of what she said.

Piety still wondered how he was so nice but she figured that maybe he was genuinely a nice guy. Not pulling the wool over her eyes or being a danger in disguise. Besides, why would Morganna and Craw trust him if he wasn't genuine? Even she had slowly been accepted into the little trio of Craw, Morg, and Wraith. Perhaps that's why the man before Piety was so nice to her. Or maybe she had somehow wormed herself into their hearts among all the other faces of the Monadnock. The pale female accepted she may never know the true answer (and found it a bit rude to ask about it) so she was content to assume they accepted her for her.

Art/Code by Becuffin

# C W T