Am I friend or am I fiend — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 128 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC!

-------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 223

Anaia slipped from the Monadnock, glad nobody was around.  She wasn’t sure where she was going, but she wanted to be away for the day.  Maybe she would try to catch a little something; it would never hurt to bring some food back for the pack. Her paw still twinged with pain when she walked, but she forced herself to move without a limp.  It wasn’t bad; the snow helped. She hoped it would stop hurting soon, though.  She supposed her refusal to use up any more herbs was making it take longer, but the pack couldn’t afford to waste any more of their precious resources on her.

Sometimes she thought about slipping away in the quiet of night, but what kind of thanks would that be? She owed Whitestone Monadnock – and more specifically @Craw – everything.  Not only that, but she was afraid if she left, they would come after her.

No, best she stayed here.  

With a sigh the small woman turned north, only half looking for something that might lead to a meal. Spring couldn’t come soon enough for the pale girl; once the snows thawed, things might change.  She might be able to help her pack more… might be able to gain the alphas favor.

Still, she was afraid.  She couldn’t remember what it was like to not be afraid.

"Speech"  Thought

Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
Was thinking we could have them go around the borders for some Guardian skills or maybe a hunt for Hunting skills? c:

If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

Kino had just finished up checking some of the caches, having the initial thought of clearing them out of any bad prey but he’d quickly found there was none to be found. With all the members they had prey was always gone through quickly and never left long enough to go bad. He couldn’t decide if that was a good or bad thing, so he’d decided to just go with good. After all, that was less prey wasted right? After that he’d chosen to go out to check the borders with nothing else to do. All the walking kept his head clear and that was certainly the best thing. But, while it helped him keep his head clear it also allowed him plenty of time to think. After all, lately there had been plenty of things for him to consider.

On his way out he spotted a pale form walking across the plains. He’d almost missed them at first, their white coat blending in remarkably well with the white landscape. But, their movement had been what had caught his attention. He wondered for a moment if he should go meet them or simply go the other way, but decided that he couldn’t avoid everyone. So, with that in mind he moved to catch up with the woman. He offered a woof in greeting, slowing himself down from the lope he’d placed himself in. White clouds of hot bread came from his jaws and he offered a friendly head nod. “Hello, would you like some company on your rounds?”

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! I'm good with either :)

Word Count: 200  

Anaia was lost in her thoughts, and so didn’t notice the silvery wolf approaching. She started when he greeted her, then quickly adopted a more submissive posture.  This wasn’t one of the wolves from Craw’s past up north that had recently joined, but the pale woman was sure the man who’d joined her was someone she hadn’t seem much of or really been introduced to.

He seemed friendly enough, asking if she would like some company. She hadn’t had any sort of plan for her day, but she figured she’d best find something to do.  She shrugged, eyes fixed on his feet. “I don’t really have a specific plan.” She mumbled, ears drooping.  She’d been caught being useless again.  Would he tell Morganna and Craw?  Anaia couldn’t decide which was worse; she was equally terrified of them. “Maybe we could find something to hunt?” She hoped her suggestion would minimize any punishment she might receive.

The idea of running on her scalded paw was less than appealing, but she had to prove it wasn’t major and she wouldn’t continue being a drain on resources. She didn’t want to be kicked out because she wasn’t good enough, after all.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

Kino was rather shocked at the greeting he was given by the girl who seemed to be around his own age. The submission was nothing something he was comfortable with, especially not from someone who was likely the same rank as him. “I don’t really have a specific plan,” she replied and he nodded. He could understand that. Initially he himself was just going to go out to wander the borders rather aimlessly. Without a specific task organized, he felt like he was just sort of...there.

At the suggestion of hunting he almost agreed, but his topaz gaze traveled down at the last moment, a little flicker of a movement and in that moment he noticed something strange. Her paw seemed...swollen almost. Perhaps even vaguely charred along the tips of the fur as if she’d been burned and supposed that it had to have been hurting her. If they were going to hunt anything with two of them they might as well have gone for larger game, but despite the fact that said game was startlingly scarce, if she were injured that would hinder their luck. Plus, she was small in stature and not much larger than Hal. Even with his massive size it would take at least two of him to take down a good sized animal. “Hmm, I think a round on the borders would be best. Lots of packs pretty close to us you know, and I’ve scented a few cats roaming around,” he said nonchalantly, giving a friendly smirk with relaxed posture.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! Sorry this took so long... I didn't was lacking muse but not an overabundance of homework.

Word Count: 228

So far he didn’t seem as frightening as Anaia found some of the newer wolves, but she was reluctant to trust him just yet.  He’d joined Whitestone Monadnock, after all. She’d thought of Craw differently before… but he’d shown his true colors, she supposed.  And Morganna had always frightened her.

The small woman managed to contain her sigh of relief as he suggested a border patrol instead of a hunt. It would give her better opportunity to hide her paw injury – she didn’t know he’d already noticed it. She nodded, agreeing with him.  She’d smelled the cats too, but usually she went the other way.  She was by far no match for a feline of any sort, and preferred to stay as far away from them as possible.  She didn’t relish the idea that they might encounter one, but if they did at least she was with someone who might be able to hold his own.  She could help, for sure, but she wasn’t any kind of fighter.

“I’m Anaia.” She said quietly, his friendliness prompting her to relax a little despite her hesitation. Once upon a time she would have been all over it, talking his ear off and bouncing all around, burned paw or not. But things were different now, and she just couldn’t seem to muster the same energy she’d had only a few weeks ago.

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
You're fine! Guardian post 1/3 and overall post 6/12

It didn’t seem that Anaia trusted him just yet and if she had he might have thought her a bit naive. But, he had no intention of doing anything harmful to her. Rather, he was just looking for a little company on a walk. Now that he knew of he and Hal’s future plans he didn’t really have any reason to make any lasting relationships within the pack because they had absolutely no intention of taking anyone other than their own.

A nod of agreement was all the confirmation he needed before he turned and began to lead the way to an area of the borders he didn’t think got a lot of travel time, his pace leisurely and steps shortening naturally like he did when walking with Hal as the two girls were roughly the same size. His auds swiveled to catch her name, dipping his head in delayed greeting. “Nice to meet you Anaia, I’m Alastor,” he replied as they went. He kept note of her pace, making sure that she wasn’t acquiring a limp or showing signs of pain but mentioned nothing of his knowledge. When they reached the area he paused to apply a fresh scent to a marker before moving on again, posture relaxed but head up and alert. “So, have you been in the Monadnock long?” he inquired, trying to make conversation.

(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2017, 02:42 AM by Kino.)
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! I'm so sorry I took so long! >.< I'll try to keep on top of this from here out so you're not held up.

Word Count: 222

Alistor.  She hadn’t heard the name, but that wasn’t a bad thing.  It meant she’d been right about him not being part of Craw’s family… which was a good thing.  He wasn’t involved in that.  

She was so focused on not limping – her paw was recovering quickly, but it still hurt – she almost missed his question.  “A few months.” She answered quickly.  “Since the beginning of winter.” She didn’t want to mention that she’d been hurt then, too. Most of the pack already seemed to think she was worthless; she didn’t need him thinking that too.

But what if he was here to test her on orders from @Craw or @Morganna? She suppressed a shudder.

“You?” She asked.  She may not be feeling particularly talkative, but perhaps making conversation would help distract him from… her, she guessed. Since when was I so paranoid? She wondered. She’d never been like this, but then she’d never had an alpha that frightened her as much as the leading pair of this pack did.

Sometimes she wondered if she should just leave.

But no, she couldn’t.  She owed them. If she left, Craw and Morganna would probably follow her and drag her back, if they didn’t kill her for abandoning them. She took a deep breath to calm herself.  She couldn’t leave, so she might as well not think about it.

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
Guardian post 2/3 and over all post 8/12. Are you still wanting to go for skill points? If so you might want to make your posts pertain more toward traveling along the borders c: we need 3 dem. posts from each.

The silver boy could tell that her thoughts were scattered by her quick answer, but he nodded all the same. It seemed she’d only joined about two months before them, but that was still a relatively long amount of time. At least it was in his eyes. The boy paused as the scent of lynx crossed their path, nose twitching and auds swiveling alertly but he dubbed the scent at least a day or two old. He made a mental note of the area to check it more frequently to make sure that the cat wasn’t using this as a gateway into the territory.

They traveled slowly, still taking time to beef up the markers where needed. He turned his head to look at her as she asked and he offered another friendly smirk. “Hal, Larkspur, and I joined about a month ago. We’re pretty new,” he replied, turning his attention back forward. “They’ve treated us well so far. But between you and me I can’t really say I like the terrain. I’m more used to forests where there’s more cover, the wind out here gets pretty ridiculous,” he said, giving his pelt a good fluff as if to prove the fact. Kino was a big guy but he still found himself frozen by the buffeting winds.

Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! Yeah, I'm sorry... Spring break and midterms are over so hopefully I can be more on top of things.

Guardian post 2/3

Word Count: 211

Anaia was trying to focus – she really was – but it was just so hard right now. She didn’t want to cause any suspicion, but she couldn’t seem to keep her attention on what she was doing. She paused to sniff at something on the border, but it was likely just a rodent.  Nothing threatening or useful. She kept moving.  She forgot about her paw for a moment and limped for a few steps before she remembered she was not supposed to.

“I’m from further north,” She told him, hoping to distract him from her slip up, “so I’m used to the cold. But my pack was smaller so we were less worried about food.”

She glanced away, out into the land beyond their territory.  If she left, where would she go? She wasn’t sure she would even be able to find her family anymore. It had been months and they’d been on the move; it was stupid of her to ever think she might be able to go home.

She supposed she could go further south, but she would need to travel a great distance quickly if she wanted to stay out of Craw and Morganna’s grasp.

“Are Hal and Larkspur your family?” She asked to keep her mind on what they were doing.

"Speech"  Thought