(See All?) Announcements
480 Users Online
Bing, Google

They Don't Really Know Me — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Marina who has 189 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Larkspur Ritter
Soon Sahalie had said. Lark didn't like soon, and had he been in charge (and actually in charge, not the half-assed team bullshit they were doing) they would have left ages ago. But the girl had other wolves to think about, whereas Lark usually was left thinking of himself. She had to go talk to Spieden, and then do... whatever the hell else she was planning to (he hadn't bothered asking her). Still, the wait was making him anxious, and after a coyote had taken an antler he'd been chewing on, he went to chewing on himself. He could only chew himself for so long before it got to be a little bit too ridiculous, and Larkspur had taken it past that point. He looked ragged (raggeder, if you will) with globs of saliva and patches of fur missing from his legs. He had to do something, anything to make the time pass by.

The man left the large rock that he spent most of his time at and headed towards the den that he could usually find Sahalie or Alastor. Approaching, he couldn't smell the dark girl close, just her old, lingering scent. Which left the boy.He was hesitant for a moment, anxiety causing that same prickling, itchy feeling under his skin. Lark's face scrunched, his tail giving an annoying flick. It took him a good minute or two to swallow the gross taste that he got when he stood around the boy.

"Alastor," Larkspur demanded, then patiently waited for the boy to appear. He didn't know much about Alastor, or at least nothing past what Sahalie told him. Although it might have seemed like the two had gone a long way in their... relationship, it was more than doubtful that the two would get on good terms easily. This pack that Sahalie had planned was in Lark's best interest, and so he was forced to grin and bare the blue eyed boy. When Al appeared, Lark smiled. Not really in a kind way, because it was rarely like the white man to do anything kind just for the sake of it. "C'mon," and with no explanation, Lark turned, fully expecting Alastor to be the Good Little Boy that he was and follow. After all, this had been the first time that the scarred man had ever sought @Kino out on his own.
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
Going to date this for the morning of 2/4 bc thread reasons. Let me know if this is a problem!

If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

Kino was thinking about sleeping in a little that day, considering the trip he planned to start by noon. Once he began, he’d have about a day’s journey to the timbers and he knew he’d likely only stop once the moon was high in the sky. For the moment, he was content to curl up with Hal tucked against him and relish another hour or so with the sleepyheaded girl. His eyes had just begun to drift shut again when a harsh voice entered from the outside, the tall boy’s head raising and eyes narrowing at the tone. What the hell could Larkspur want. He had half a mind to ignore the man all together, but if he kept up his racket he’d definitely wake the Tainn. So, with a huff he disentangled himself from her warmth and crept from the den with a less than pleased look.

He didn’t even get the chance to ask what was going on before more was being demanded of him, not even a moment to consider but rather the pale man had simply turned as if expecting Kino to follow and he scowled. But, in truth it was rare that Larkspur come after him. There had been a sort of unspoken rule between them: you don’t bother me and I don’t bother you. For him to disrupt that it had to have been important. It better had been important. He followed after until he had leveled up shoulder to shoulder with him. “What’s this about,” he asked gruffly, stifling a yawn that threatened to pass.

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
Inactive No Rank
Larkspur Ritter
That's a-okay w me!

At least Alastor hadn't asked for an explanation before following him. He couldn't rely on silence forever, because soon enough the large boy was walking alongside him, asking the question he didn't exactly have the answer to. And for a couple of steps, Larkspur didn't reply. It'd be better if the two could just not talk for a little while, as he doubted that the two would get along for very long. Which, essentially, was an issue. A grumble rumbled in the man's throat, but finally he looked at @Kino from the side. His lips curled back in an awkward grin. "What? Is the Little Boy too Good to hang out with me?" the man prodded, unable to hold himself back. "Not concerned with me maiming anyone anymore? You're slacking a little bit, boy, you should keep up," he trotted ahead of him, swatting Al's face with his tail as he made his way towards the borders.

"I thought we could do a little exercise," he called back to Alastor, "because you children don't exactly know what all to do, and yet you're all running around, trying to get a pack together." His words were not mocking, and instead neutral. "It's a bit endearing. Reminds me of myself, when I was young and big and tough. Just like you are now," he flashed the boy another grin. Larkspur knew he was not big, nor tough, and definitely not young. He played it off alright, but he did not think on this too often. His own mortality was a terrifying thought; he did not know what would happen when he died.

"But I didn't have someone who knew all the rules to help me hanging around," his own dad had been gone before he and Laurel stepped up, and the older generations had been unwilling to help them. "@Sahalie doesn't really mind to ask for help or advice when she needs it," Larkspur then turned around and stopped in front of Alastor. He stood tall, his face scrunched up, but smiling. It was not a friendly smile. Lark's smiles rarely could be considered friendly.

"But it's your turn, Little Boy. It's been your turn. I'm here to help, but I can't help unless you're willing to admit that you need it." It was Lark's turn to feel big, it was his turn to feel in control. It wouldn't be much longer before the pretty, blue eyed boy was above him in rank. The realization, when he thought of it, made his mouth taste like bitter poison. Regardless of that fact, the man wanted to be recognized.

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

Which each step they took that he went unanswered Kino grew more frustrated. So he was just going to lead him off without explaining what was going on? What kind of bullshit? He honestly contemplated for the millionth time just turning around. But, a reply finally came from the yellowed mouth of the man and Kino gave him a sideways glance at the quite frankly creepy grin he was given. When he was smacked in the face, yet again, by the man’s tail his jaws opened and closed with a snap but the scraggly appendage managed to evade his attack. As the old coot picked up his pace into a trot Kino’s brows rose as if to say ‘really?’ But he picked up his own, easily matched the pace of the other with his long legs. “Careful, old man. You’re gonna strain yourself. Probably been forever since you’ve done anything this strenuous.” he quipped back. Their deprecating banter had become normal for the pair and Kino didn’t mind it.

Suddenly, they were stopped and Larkspur was puffing himself up into something high and mighty and a feeling of aggravation swelled in the boy’s chest, the instinctual need to put the man in the place that Kino thought he deserved but he held back. Here, as much as it annoyed him, the man was still above him. But like hell that meant that he would submit to him. His muzzle scrunched as the white wolf basically gloated that the silver lad needed his advice, topaz gaze narrowing. “So this is what this is about? A pissing contest to show that you have more experience than me? Fuck that, I’ve figured out almost everything in my life on my own anyways I can figure this out too,” he bit out, muscles tensing in anger. Kino was no prideful fool, but it would be the last thing he would do if he had to ask the flea-bitten mongrel for help.

Inactive No Rank
Larkspur Ritter
"No," Larkspur snapped, "I'm certain both you and Sahalie can figure it all out without me. You're both not idiots," they were children. There was a difference. "And if you're too close minded to hear it, that was a compliment. But I'm tired of this stupid, petty bullshit that's going on between us," which was a lie, of sorts. He couldn't have cared less what @Kino thought of him, he would have been content with their unspoken rules and the flickers of annoyance that lit up in Alastor's blue eyes. But Larkspur had to play his game carefully, and maybe even more so now that more important plans were coming to fruition. He stepped closer to the boy, his fur on its end. Lark was well aware that this could go the opposite of how he'd like, but he dared to put his face close to Al's.

"This is a truce, Alastor. Soon," whenever soon was, anyways, "you'll be on top, and I'll be just one step below you. But it's time to be done with these games, especially now that we're on the same side. Until you get it through your thick skull that I am here to help, we can't really get anywhere, now can we?" The tension was tangible, making his heart beat wildly in his chest. "We can work together and make our pack strong, but you're going to have to trust me a little bit. It might not seem like it, but I know my place," to demonstrate Lark's ears fell back against his skull as he finally lowered himself below the large boy, laying on the ground and exposing his belly to submit to him.

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
Guardian post 1/3

The boy’s blue gaze narrowed into little slits as the man skulked forward, words tumbling from his maw both shocking and making him angrier. Every part of him was tense, his tail slowly lifting in indignance. Everything that the man did always felt underhanded to him, like he had an ulterior motive to whatever it was that he was doing. Even now, with the compliments and the insistence of peace it felt like he was searching for something else and the boy couldn’t quite pinpoint what it was. More than likely, though, it was to save his own hide in some way shape or form.

Parts of those thoughts were dashed, though, when suddenly the man was on his back groveling in the ground at the moon-child’s paws and he couldn’t mask his shock. Moments before he’d been wanting this exact thing, but now as it was happening it just made him...uncomfortable. He knew that the Ritter man’s pride would never allow him to submit if he didn’t mean his words. Kino paused before letting out a frustrated sigh. “Get up,” he said, stepping around the man and continuing toward the border. They might as well be productive while they were having a chat. Once there he allowed the tension to dissipate, placing his own scent over the others to reinforce what was theirs.

“I don’t even know what to question. I’m more of a get to things as they happen sort of guy. Everything honestly seems sort of self-explanatory to me. Scope out a territory, mark it, set up shop, done,” he said.

Inactive No Rank
Larkspur Ritter
Larkspur only seemed like he had an ulterior motive because... well, he had one, of course! And, honestly, the ex-alpha could hardly be blamed. Sahalie was an opportunity, and her pack gave him a little bit of solid ground to stand on. He needed that, and he needed it so desperately that being on the ground, belly up below Alastor did not bother him. It was clear that it bothered the boy, though, and had he not been pretending that the two would start to be on good terms from this point on, he would have smiled. But Lark had to tread lightly, and so he waited in silence, looking up at the confused boy for an answer.

Get up, @Kino said, and continued on their walk. Larkspur did, his tail proudly swishing behind him as he caught up to the large boy. He sniffed here and there, their little border patrol was likely to be fruitless. He could smell old scents of wolves, his fur bristling as he thought he cough whiff of that lynx. Maybe it wasn't one lynx, but at this point Lark firmly believed that the thing was watching him. He shook the anxious feeling off and walked in step with Alastor, who confessed to pack-making being more or less easy. It always sounded easy, but getting a bunch of wolves together and making them get along was never easy.

He gave a half-shrug. "That's the first step. Then there's making everyone happy, and making sure everyone gets along," he paused every now and then to sniff around, but nothing but the staleness of loners and Monadnock wolves seemed to be there. "Then you and Sahalie have to raise your family and all," he said this nonchalantly, while also knowing how the two often denied their boy/girlfriend status. "Like I said. I'm here to help. I'm certain if you've got a question, I can answer it. If you need something, I can be counted on...

"Not that you'll like to hear all of the right answers, but I have them."

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
Guardian post 2/3 and just so it's clear they are walking the borders, marking, and keeping a look out for a lynx.

Larkspur was quick to follow along, a certain pep in his step which the silver boy was quick to notice but also quick to let it go. Even if he didn’t like the man, he couldn’t deny that he was correct on one thing. If they were to successfully keep a pack up and running they would need a truce and Kino would need to learn again the importance of letting go.

The scent of lynx also crossed his path a few times, and his head lifted to keep himself alert, topaz gaze scanning warily but remaining otherwise calm. They progressed, following along the well worn path driven by the other wolves of the Monadnock. Soon, he would have a border of his own to protect, something he could call his and something he could strive to be proud of and protect without reservation. That was something he found he was, in fact, a bit excited for. "Then you and Sahalie have to raise your family and all," he quipped and Kino let out a frustrated sigh. Of course the thought of it made his heart do a weird thing in his chest, forming a mixture of worry and excitement at the thought of such a thing even remotely possibly occurring. “Why do you keep insisting that we’re together? We’re not, Hal has made it perfectly clear that she doesn’t want anything like that with anyone. There won’t be any…puppies, he cringed a bit, “following along with us,” he huffed giving his pelt a shake. It was a fact he was all too aware of. A flicker of movement caught his eye and his gaze narrowed, but a crow and a flap of wings proved it to be a crow and he continued on his way.

At the next statement he thought, tried to really decide if he had any questions but...truthfully he couldn’t think of anything. When the time got closer he might, but for the moment he was content. “Okay...I’ll try to keep it in mind. But, when we do start the pack perhaps you’d want to be an advisor. You know since you have all the answers. he said. The moon-boy didn’t need to ask @Sahalie to know that she’d agree with it. And, as much as he hated to admit it they would would likely need all the help they could get.

(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 09:15 PM by Kino.)
Inactive No Rank
Larkspur Ritter
Larkspur's eyes could have rolled out of his head. If only @Kino had known how often the girl went around talking about him. First she'd come to him to complain about how Al had left, then complained to him about her stupid, meaningless girl problems (despite his constant complaints about it). He almost thought to tell the boy, but then held his tongue. He let out a loud, frustrated sigh. "Alright," he said, "if you can't talk to her, then I will." It wasn't even that Larkspur liked, or wanted puppies. In fact, even the thought of them made his heart hurt and made his stomach do that awful, knotting thing that it did when he felt guilty of something. He would have preferred there be exactly zero puppies, but that wasn't exactly how packs were run. "It's not about love, it's just how things are. Packs don't magically get bigger and stronger and closer because you try really hard and take in wolves that need homes. Packs are families, and in most instances, families end up being a little bit stronger," he couldn't speak for Alastor's family, but for the most part his own family had been....

That knotting feeling came back, ten fold. He pushed the thoughts away.

The caw caught him off guard, and Lark's fur bristled for a moment before he finally saw the bird. He sniffed again, still able to smell that lynx. He casually guided them both towards the scent, almost praying that they'd find the dumb thing. Most wolves would probably scare it out, but lately Lark was hell-bent on killing any of those stupid, big-pawed, fluffy beasts on sight.

Alastor's next words sort of caught him off guard, as it was apparently his turn to be genuinely shocked. He almost thought the kid was kidding (hah, get it?), but upon further inspection, he was not. He tried to appear humble and appreciative, but inside his heart was doing great big leaps. Lark's tail happily swished behind him. "Alastor, I would be honored to be an advisor."

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

Kino did not like the way that Larkspur insisted that it would be almost a requirement of he and Hal to create children. To him that was not the way it was done, even with his little experience he knew that he himself has been created out of love. Spieden and Triell hadn’t gotten together simply because they were both the alphas of the Bend. And, he could not ever bring himself to do something like that to Sahalie if she didn’t want it herself. What kind of parents would they be to let their children know that they were a product of necessity, not of two wolves who cared about each other? And why did he even have to think about that stuff now? Despite the fact that his future was looking to being the alpha of a pack, he still wasn’t even considered an adult yet. In a month that would change, but even then they were just on the cusp. It was just...wrong.

To his statement he thought that Larkspur was going to crap himself, his eyes bugging out in a more extreme way of his reaction to the man’s submission. A snort came from his jaws and for once in the presence of the man his lips actually lifted upwards into a smirk. “Don’t let that go to your head, old man. Even you don’t have experience in that field I’m guessing. Better get to working on it,” he mused as they meandered toward the growing scent of the animal. It seemed that the scraggly man was set on finding it and ending it, which Kino wasn’t opposed to. Something to sink his teeth into, something to alleviate his boredom and prove a worth he didn’t know he cared for in this pack.

Soon the scent grew over powering as they came across a den, buried into the frozen soil. It was clear that the feline resided within and his gaze traveled to Larkspur, trying to see if he wanted to make the calls or if he’d leave it to the boy.