(See All?) Announcements
515 Users Online
Google, Bing

we were running somewhere in the dark — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Lots of fun to join in on! || All Welcomed, Evening, -7 ° F, -21 ° C, backdated to February 4th
Territory Creation!
Name: Blackened Down
Location Image: here
Description: Located between Charred Ash Draw and the old Hidden Tree spot is an uneven field that once is covered in burnt trees that are no longer growing or are merely charred stumps. Tall grass has covered the ground making the perfect hiding place for small wolves and prey. On most days a light fog covers the area, but on the brightest summer days, the area seems to come to life.

He had crept out around the late afternoon headed east. He wasn't sure where he was going but he wouldn't go further than the old den they had been using not too long ago. Kerberos knew Maera would worry if he was gone for too long and surely Reiko would notice too. Perhaps even Treyah would point out that he was gone from the den. Granted he noticed that some nights she opted to sleep down from the den in the cold. He knew understood why exactly but if she was safe and comfortable he couldn't fuss.

With the sun setting he figured he'd have to go back sometime soon. Not just yet, though. The tawny man kept pushing on as a fog seemed to grow around him. He didn't panic. Kerb had dealt with fog back in the valley where he was from. Sometimes it would settle in and above the valley for days during the rainy seasons. Luckily the moon was bright tonight and gave off some light. Not enough for him to see as well as he liked but it was enough.

He noticed how the land was uneven here and had to wonder what grew beneath the snows after winter. Certainly, no bushes or trees as everything seemed to have a touch of char to it. Some fallen trees, some stumps, some still tall but blackened and stunted from a fire that must have swept through here some time ago. He had grown to like the burnt, though. Even his scent had been touched by the ash, dogwoods, spruce and pine of the Draw. It made him feel like he was meant to be here and nowhere else.

(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2017, 04:38 AM by Kerberos.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Killi who has 36 posts.
Inactive
Lyris Cantata

thanks for letting me post!

A thick fog rolled over the lands. Visibility was poor, so the she-wolf had to rely on her nose and ears to navigate where she was going. She had traveled all day, attempting to head back north, back to her home. She knew approximately where it was that she found herself. The Wildwood, for sure, close to where she had encountered Maera. Nevertheless, she was filled with the prospect of becomming lost, and should the weather turn stormy again, that prospect would surely grow.

It was when night had begun to fall that Lyris noticed the trees thinning. But they thinned not just because of density. Their trunks were stunted, and the snowy earth was littered with broken twigs. Tall grasses protruded through the depths of the snow, and some of these grasses were taller than the stunted tree trunks themselves. It was an eerie place, a place she would not have enjoyed becoming lost within.

A creature-shaped shadow materialized in the mist. It was long-legged, about her size, with a slender face and triangular ears. Another wolf; however, Lyris squinted her eyes, reassuring herself that what she gazed upon was not a bear or cougar. Cautious pawsteps brought her closer to the individual, and as the distance between them closed, she became certain that what she was seeing was indeed on of her own kind.

With a soft chuff, the masked she-wolf called out to him. Hello? Do you know where we are?

Lyris Cantata
even my memories cannot drown me
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2017, 04:54 AM by Lyris.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
No problem! @Lyris

He was content to roam between the burnt trees in the moonlight but it seemed the Ancestors (as Mae had told him about) had different plans for him. "Over here." He spoke kindly and moved forward so the female could find him better. "We're somewhere between Charred Ash Draw and an old pack den." Even if she might not be able to see it his tail swayed happily. "I'm actually from Charred Ash Draw. My name is Kerberos, it's a pleasure to meet you mystery girl." He chuckled softly.

Kerberos looked around and above to the sky. The fog was lower for now which was a partial blessing. His yellow eyes could be seen in the moonlight. He wondered if Maera was looking to the stars tonight, perhaps trying to talk with the elders and ancestors. The Rigel quickly remembered he was in company and returned his attention. "I'm not sure what exactly this place is but I like it." He looked at the dark silhouettes of the burnt trees. Kerb wondered if Treyah had found this before. If not he would love to drag her and her brother out here to explore in the light. There were plenty of fallen trees to jump over or crawl under. "Wanna explore? I know it's dark and all but if we stick close we won't get lost." His voice was soft but eager nonetheless. Meeting new wolves was always exciting.
Inactive
Lyris Cantata

The wolf moved away from the shadow, so that his silver-gray fur was somewhat exposed in the moonlight glinting upon the minuscule water droplets of the mist. He was medium sized, but stronger than she. But by his words, she could guess that he was friendly enough, and did not pose much of a thread to her. Lyris was relieved, also, by his description of where they were. If she recalled correctly, Maera was a wolf belonging to Charred Ash Draw, as well, and she knew approximately where that pack resided.

The male looked up into the misted sky, as if searching for sunlight. She watched him silently, wondering what he was thinking, her pale lemon gaze darting awkwardly. She did not know what to say. As it turned out, she needn't say anything, for Kerberos had a suggestion to make. They would explore this interesting territory, with its many tree stumps and old growth.

Nodding her agreement, she offered him one of her customary, warm smiles. I'd love to. I'll stay near you. She sidled up to him, leaving him enough personal space, and prepared to follow him into the thicket. My name is Lyris. It's a pleasure to meet you. With that, she inclined her snout, punctuating her introduction. This place is new to you, then?

Lyris Cantata
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2017, 06:27 AM by Lyris.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
@Lyris think you might be mixing up Leotie and Maera? c:

He was glad that she took so well to his offer. Kerberos had grown used to being touchy-feely with others but if she didn't want to touch him that was fine. Might be best if he didn't go home smelling like some lone girl anyway. Reiko and Treyah might tease him and Maera might not exactly be excited that he was out romping through the fog with some stranger.

"Lyris," He tested the name out and was fond of how it sounded. "I like the name. Very pretty." Kerberos happily continued forward into the fog with hopes she'd keep her word to sticking close. He hoped over the lower end of a fallen tree. The tawny man turned his head to look at his company and make sure she followed suit. "Yeah, actually, it is. I'm pretty surprised I've never come across it before, though. Been in this area for about two months or so." He wasn't exactly sure how long it'd been but he thought it long enough to have stumbled here. It seemed that wasn't the case.

"Where ya from, Ly? Is it okay if I call you that?" He questioned softly. Ly kind of sounded like Mae which comforted him some. Perhaps even made him feel better that he wasn't curled up back at home.
Inactive
Lyris Cantata

I have a thread with Maera too, that's newer than my thread with Leotie. But you still could be right. I dunno. :P

Lyris was not opposed to close contact, as long as it was not made under uncomfortable positions. Following close by definitely was not a source of discomfort to the friendly she-wolf, and she merrily trailed him close enough so that their pelts almost touched, but not quite. He was the leader, so she followed him through the thicket, watching him step upon a fallen log and following him there. She balanced herself for a moment before bolting across it, feeling a rush of adrenaline as she did so.

He said he had been in the area for a couple months, leaving her surprised to hear that this was the first time he had come across this particular area. It was lovely here, holding a haunting kind of beauty. She wondered if he had any plans for this place in relation to his pack, but that seemed like an odd question for her to ask, so she kept it within.

She smiled at the nickname he had given to her. Oh, thanks! And yeah, you can call me Ly. I don't think I've ever had that nickname before. Her favorite brother had called her Lyla, a name she had liked, especially coming from him. But Ly was coming in as a close second. She enjoyed it. I've been around here for a few weeks, at the most. I belong to Wild Rye Fields, spoke Lyris, hopping over a large stump to see if she could clear it without tripping. She did, and continued onward. What about you, Kerberos?

Lyris Cantata
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2017, 06:38 AM by Lyris.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
@Lyris Oo my bad o: think i've only seen your one with Leotie

She was fun so far. He liked that she didn't lag behind but she also didn't dart ahead. It left a small smile haunting his lips. With his nose slightly pointed upwards he sniffed the air. The smell of moose caught his attention and he made his way towards it. Surely she'd smell it too!

"Well you can call me whatever you like. Some call me Kerb cause it's a lot easier than Kerberos but I don't mind. Mama used to call me Kerby." He smiled. That last line was a tidbit he hadn't shared with anyone but thought it was fine. She was still a stranger so it didn't really hold any importance if she knew a few of his nicknames. "Where is Wild Rye Fields?" He inquired as polite as possible. He didn't think he'd run into any rye fields or rye wolves even (unaware that the peculiar man Askan had been one). The more he could gather about surrounding packs the better. "Uhh well, I lived way south of here before I stumbled into these woods. Pretty little valley." He noted with a quick nod of his head. "Then I was a lone wolf for a bit with a friend of mine and now I live in Charred Ash Draw just a bit east of here." His nose partially pointed in the direction of home.

As they came upon the scavenged moose carcass he could smell the coyote on it. "Better eat what you want before the little pests come back." He didn't wait to dig in. Ripping off some meat that the small canines hadn't stolen already.
Inactive
Lyris Cantata

Hee hee, it's all good!

Sometime during their adventure, a pungent aroma began to permeate the air. Having scavenged a moose with a man named Kajika recently, she immediately identified the scent. It was that of a moose, and by the lack of putrid odor, it came from a fresh carcass.

They made their way in the direction of the scent, and as they did so, Kerberos gave her several options of nicknames from which to chose from. She was one who personally preferred calling someone by their full name until she truly befriended them, but, not wishing to seem rude, she merely smiled and said nothing. It was, however, cute that he referred to his mother as "mama." Adoring her deceased mother herself, Lyris liked others who respected their own mothers. "Kerby" was definitely not something she would use to address him. It seemed too special for a stranger such as herself to utter.

Soon they came upon the fresh kill. Bits of flesh and fur were missing, a tell-tale sign that coyotes had already somewhat ravaged the carcass. I'm glad there is plenty left, she remarked, rounding to the animals neck and taking a dainty mouthful. She chewed, and swallowed. It's strange... I found a dead moose a few days ago, but we had to chase the coyotes off first. I'm glad they're gone, this time, Lyris took another bite, and as before, cleaned the excess blood from her maw before swallowing. But yes. We should hurry, before they come back.

I have met a few wolves from your pack, actually! Leotie, and Maera.

Lyris Cantata
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2017, 08:01 AM by Lyris.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
With a mouth full of food he nodded his head in agreement. He'd have to drag some back to the Draw for the others. Maybe he'd see if the moose still had Maera's favorite part left and he'd take it back to her. An apology gift for being a bit distant lately. He always fell asleep next to her but he hadn't been doing all the little things with her. Bringing her hares, patrolling, chatting as much. Kerb just assumed that he had been so consumed with working on everything for Charred Ash Draw that he forgot about those important little moments.

He just kept politely listening and chewing along of the food but when she stated Leotie and Maera's names his eyes widened a bit. "Hope Maera didn't give you too much trouble. Where'd you run into her?" Kerberos left out the part that that was his friend, packmate, and mate. He swallowed his hunk of food before continuing to chat with the dark girl. "Leotie's pretty nice." He commented with a small smile. "Hope the girls and me are giving you a good impression of Charred Ash Draw's wolves." The tawny man giggled softly. He wanted everything to think nothing less than good thoughts about the place he called home and the wolves he called family.