(See All?) Announcements
360 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Oleander, Armand

you cannot wrestle a dove — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
For @Namid <3 || Feb. 7, Mid-morning, Mist, -12 ° F, -24 ° C, Nearing the edge of the mountain's base in Sacred Grove

He had left late last night. Whispered a good-bye to @Maera with a promise of being home the following day. He wondered if she got tired of him wandering. Sometimes he thought that maybe she was mad at him for wanting to settle with a pack when he still romped about through the day. He shrugged off those thoughts, though. Perhaps after this trip, he'd lay low for a few days.

He had come out here for a reason. Yes, yes. He needed to find some sticks for Naira to make up for giving Leotie one to borrow that one he gave her for a bit when he was checking her paw. How hard could it be? He knew what it looked like and could have sworn he'd seen some around the grove. It was in fact, the only reason he had come this far. Kerberos was unaware of just how east he was going, the base of the mountain grew closer with each daring step. His yellow eyes kept looking around for something that resembled the stick Naria was always gnawing on.

What would you know! There was a tree (White Fir) that looked like it held the branches he was looking for. He stuck his head in and was met with snowing falling off the branches and onto his back. Kerberos was quick to pull back with a rather shocked look. "Huh..well." He stuck his head back in but this time was prepared for any snowing wishing to attack him. He broke off a smaller branch at first. A small frown painted his face. That wasn't exactly a fair size for Naira. Especially with the way she could gnaw. He went back in and tried to break off a bigger piece. As he pulled, bent, and tugged he was suddenly sent tumbling back into the snow and mist. Despite now being covered in the cold wetness there was a large smile on his face as the much more appropriate sized stick sat between his jaws. He dropped it for a moment to shake out his fur. Once he had gotten as much as he could out he picked up the stick and set out deeper into the woods. Might as well see what was out here while he was around.

He trotted around with a branch hanging out of his mouth. Quite honestly, he looked as happy as good be! A certain bounce in his step as he moved along. Why the tawny male was thinking this was a wonderful day so far! He wondered if it could get any better.

(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 06:59 PM by Kerberos.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
I have loved the stars too fondly

@”Neha” had informed her that they were running low on white fir bark, one of the few things that were accessible during the winter months and massively helpful for it’s effectiveness with cuts, sores, and aches. Normally she would venture to their normal gathering spot on the mountain, but she worried that if she stripped any more of the bark she might end up killing the trees. So, she’d opted to going down the mountain to look for the tree. It was cold and misty causing the rocks to be a little slipperier than usual but her experience proved valuable. She was able to make it down in one piece and now was traversing the floor of the Grove seeking her goal.

Sounds of mumbling and movement caught her attention and she paused, tilting her head curiously. What could that be? From the sounds of it, it seemed like it could be a wolf in trouble and she was off in an instant to assist. Her smaller body traverse the area well and as she came upon the scene she almost laughed. The younger, tawny colored male was carrying a stick like a pup who’d found a prize and it warmed her heart. A smile traveled onto her maw and she let out a chuff of greeting. “Looks like you found quite the trinket,” she mused, her mismatched gaze crinkling in the corners.

To be fearful of the night
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

His head had been whipping around, the stick followed suit. Pale yellow eyes took in everything there was to see. Except for one thing it seemed.

"Looks like you found quite the trinket,"

The tawny male couldn't stop his tail from wagging furiously like a proud child. He lightly placed it on the ground in front of his paws before barking softly. "Oh yeah! If you want one I can help you find a few to pick from. I think they help with pain because my alpha is always chewing on them when she's feeling sore." He smiled happily and took in her appearance. She was covered in silver and whites. A much more reverse look than his own dark creams and browns. Wait..she even had those eyes too! The ones that were so different but still so pretty. "Your eyes! You have them too! I met a girl at a creek west of here and she had them." It was obvious that he was excited to see it more than shocked or appalled. "How do you get them? Do the stars give them to you?" He mused softly hoping he wouldn't sound wild. @Maera never said anything about the stars changing your appearance but maybe that was reserved for something special. Or maybe she was just lucky and was given two colors.

He took in a deep breath and offered a softer smile. "Sorry, I get excited a lot. My name is Kerberos Rigel of Charred Ash Draw. May I know who you are?"

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
The man seemed positively enthusiastic and her own excitement increased. How refreshing it was that not everyone had a stick in their rear as it had seemed. Her smile brightened and her tail settled into a gentle wag. “That would be lovely actually. I need to get some for my pack,” she replied, moving toward the tree and already searching for a proper branch or a piece of bark sticking out nicely enough to pull off.

Her auds swiveled as he admonished on her eyes and she turned with a chuckle. “I suppose they could have. The Ancestors are said to have blessed those with bi-colored eyes like myself. It is why they named me Star Dancer,” she replied again. Her mother had been thrilled when her eyes had changed and it had been then that she'd been given to the Chief. Perhaps it could have been true, because she did feel rather blessed with her current life.

Turning back around she scanned once more with narrowed eyes, a soft ‘hmm’ filling her chest before she was finally able to spot one. She moved beneath it. “My name is Namid Vuesain. I lead the pack up the mountain, Fallen Tree Cove,” then she was jumping, jaws snapping at the branch but her small figure was having some trouble meeting the required height. Her face turned more determined before she attempted another jump, failing this time as well.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He nodded his head as she agreed. The young male picked up his own stick before following after her. His tail swayed happily behind as he listened to her talk. Dropping his stick under a tree he made sure to remember what tree it was. A few scratches in the cold ground for good measure.

"They blessed you?" His jaw hung open for a few moments. "So, uh, what's your blessing? I don't think they blessed me so to say but my girl says that they guide me anyway. She believes in them too." He smiled and went over to the tree she was at. Kerberos watched for a few moments as the woman spoke before jumping.

The lead of Fallen Tree Cove? Namid Vuesain. He remembered that name. Naira and Triell would surely like to hear about this. "Oh gosh, I'm sorry for my behavior, Namid. Didn't know I was in the presence of an alpha." The tawny male gave a shy smile and politely lowered himself for a good moment or two. "Can I ask you something, though? I've always wanted to go up the mountains." He paused to see how she'd react. "What's it look like from up there?" Kerberos asked in a soft tone before going to try and break off a branch. He found a lower one that wasn't exactly the nicest but it might be better than jumping so high up and risk injury. His teeth gnawed on the base and he brought his paw up. Kerberos pressed his paw down until he heard a snap from the branch. He proudly pulled out and set it down near @Namid. "Not the best one but I didn't want you to hurt yourself trying to get one."

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Scouting post 1/3 since they are exchanging info and I'm all about the skill points >.>

He was quick to inquire about her blessing and she tilted her head in thought. She considered her family a blessing, but that could not have been the blessing she'd been given. There had only been a few times that she'd felt herself truly in danger, and even then she'd been quickly saved. She could say that she did want for nothing, which that in itself is was a blessing. “I suppose I am blessed with good fortune. My first encounter with my mountain home happened when I'd actually managed to fall down the mountain,” she chuckled, thinking back on the memory surprisingly fondly. “It was there that my husband found me and saved me surely from death, which I consider good fortune. I live a very happy life now and I could ask for nothing else,” she finished.

Suddenly he was lowering himself to her and her smile faltered. “No need to apologize, we are outside of my territory. Here we are equals, the same,” she insisted.

His next question was about what her home was like which she replied to quickly as it was something she thought about often. “It is next to a vast lake and during the summer time everything is vibrant with life. It remains a pleasant temperature because of the height, and prey is plentiful. During the winter we still are given access to fish so we do not go hungry. The air is crisp and the skies are a startling blue,” the woman answered with obvious affection for her home.

But, giving information on her home required a bit of information given on his. “Might I ask the same of your home? How long have you been active?” and then he was breaking off a stick, much easier than she had managed and her tail wagged further. “Thank you! I do fear I am vertically challenged,” she laughed, a genuinely amused sort of twinkling laugh. A laugh that was so carefree and so very...Namid.
(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2017, 03:14 AM by Namid.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Scouting Demonstration 1/3

Kerberos smiled as he listened to her. She gave off such a positive vibe and he was loving every moment of it. "I would consider that a blessing." His tail wagged slowly behind him. "Not everyone can be so lucky." He said with a soft voice to make sure he didn't sound rude with his words. It was simply a fact. Kerberos knew first hand that not all wolves had it easy. Maera certainly hadn't and that's why he was so focused on making her happy. She deserved it.

Equals? He wouldn't say no to that. Kerberos just also knew that not every pack may be as laid back as Charred Ash Draw. "Well, even if we are equals you have my full respect Namid." His head dipped kindly as he rose into a more neutral stance again. The tawny male was already hoping he could meet her again. Perhaps he could swing by on a scouting trip.

His eyes lit up with excitement at her description. Kerberos' mouth hung open softly. It sounded like a fairy tale! He really wanted to go visit now. But before he could comment she asked about his home. With a wide, smile he began to speak. "We're set up in the northern part of the Wildwood. Lots of charred trees but there are some dogwoods scattered around. It's actually very nice. You think a charred area wouldn't be so nice but it really grows on you after a bit." It was obvious he loved the Draw with most of his heart (the other part of his heart obviously went to Maera). "We're still pretty new, honestly. About a month, I'd say." He looked to her to see if she'd be content with that information or perhaps wanted more. She seemed kind enough that he wouldn't mind sharing what she wanted to know. "I'm actually hoping to lead a scouting trip in the not so far future. I'd love to come see your home and bring something from the Wildwood if you wouldn't mind." He left the offer open for her to decline or accept. Of course, Kerberos was hopeful she would accept.

(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2017, 03:20 AM by Kerberos.)
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Scouting post 2/3 with more info exchanging

I have loved the stars too fondly

Her gaze softened as he mentioned that not everyone had it so lucky and she nodded in agreement. “You are very right. I am fortunate, which is why I like to spread that to those who come to our borders seeking refuge. Fallen Tree Cove is a place for second chances for those whose lives have been hard, for those seeking a family. It is my pride to offer them that as long as they do the same in return,” she replied. There had been many going in and out of their borders during her reign and each had their own story. Most broken, but few unable to be fixed.

She listened to his description of their home, and while she didn’t think it would be her perfect place(as she’d already found that) she could hear the obvious affection in his voice. “I think it is a beautiful thing, to bring life to something that had once been dead,” she replied encouragingly. At the mention of a scouting trip to her home she nodded her head happily, “Of course, we would love to have a visit! Perhaps, if things go well, our packs can become allies,” she replied excitedly. If the rest of the pack was anything like Kerberos it would be a great time.

To be fearful of the night
(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2017, 03:18 AM by Namid.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Scout Demonstration 2/3

The tawny male was thrilled to hear she ran such a nice pack. It sounded like the place to be if Charred Ash Draw wasn't already his home. "It's very kind of you to offer a home like that. I'd like to say that Charred Ash Draw might be the same way. We all come from very different backgrounds but seem to seek the same things." His words were soft. The Draw held many different characters but they all seemed to work together well enough. There hadn't been one wolf there that he didn't like and he hoped it stayed that way.

"We're making it as lively as possible. I can only imagine what will possibly take bloom in the spring there." His voice laced with curiosity. Perhaps some new plants would grow where old ones had withered to ash and char. Kerberos knew from Naira that those dogwoods were supposed to bloom. Those alone would add more color to the land. He could feel himself get excited just thinking about it. Spring would have to be good. He could feel it already.

He was thrilled when she agreed. "I'll happily set something up with my alphas to visit, I'm sure they will be thrilled to have a possible alliance forming. Are there any details I should pass on to them?" Kerberos asked with a small smile.