Google, Bing

get a jolt from my electrodes — Perilous Void 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir

you do not know who is your friend

and who is your enemy

If his strength of spirit was not enough, her encouragement would've been. It was strange to have a stranger cheering you on in their own way, little frustrated whines making it to his ears. They were almost drowned out by the savage roar of his pulse. Maybe it was only about getting out of a damn hole, but his heart beat as if he fought for his life—and in a way, maybe he did. Maybe he fought for his place in the world, to prove that he was more than just a moonlit shadow.

No matter. He fell out, and all was joy, except that they were both wet. His thick underfur had done its best to save him, but the dunking had been thorough, and he felt his temperature drop at least five more degrees out of sheer sympathy for Morganna. She was shaking pretty badly, and it pulled him from the frozen ground. "Probably," he responded. He'd never explored the north, and had no idea what lay out there. He'd happened to set out west after passing through Kingsfall, and hadn't caught much more than a glance at the vast expanse of the tundra. So as it was, he was at her mercy—or they'd both be dead, in which case everything was fine, too.

Slowly, Ice moved to stand beside her, to, if she allowed it, press his side against hers. Shared heat was doubled heat, and maybe he'd be of some use as a wind break. "Let's go, then," he half-suggested, half-asked, ready to fall into pace next to her. "As for where I was going before this charming little detour—" She had kind of joked about it, so why not he too? "—I'm headed for Oak Tree Bend, or whatever's left of it." He blinked. She had a most peculiar accent, and one he couldn't remember Elettra sporting.

Then again, there was a lot of shit he didn't remember.

until the ice breaks.

let the stars above shine in your soul
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
I'm happy to fade here unless you want to keep going! @Ice
I'm where you wanna be
Morganna Archer

Morganna managed a grateful half grin for the man as he pulled in close, they'd be toasty warm in no time at all, she just had to keep telling herself. Think of warm things, like stones under the sun and hot springs. Moving would be another advantage. At his agreement, she stepped forward, heading in the direction she was sure Kingsfall lay.

A familiar pack name left his lips and she gave a half laugh, "It was still there when I left th' Willows in Spring," it might have been small solace given the months that stretched between, but it was all the hope she could offer. "I'm sure Sahalie would 'ave told Sven otherwise, but I bumped inter one of their subordinates th' night before I left an' her scent was heavy enough ter speak of a big pack." The trees were growing closer around them, the low lying branches providing some shelter from whatever else the weather might throw at them.

A tree with suitable space for them both located, she indicated towards it with a tip of her snout. "I always meant ter get over there, but it wasn't meant ter be." She would leave it at that for now, as she circled once then set herself down, tucked up snugly under the tree, leaving plenty of room for her companion.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
I'll archive after this! Thanks for the thread, becu <3

you do not know who is your friend

and who is your enemy

Wet fur is the same as cold fur, and with the dense layers compressed he could feel the clamminess pressed against his shoulder. He hid his grimace and suppressed his shiver, fell into step beside her; he tried to remain close, to let their flanks rub together and trap what precious heat they still had, but it was difficult. She was smaller and he wasn't used to her gait, but still, it was better than being wet and alone.

She had news, too—news for him at least, even though they were half a year old by now. He didn't recognize any of the names, except what he thought was the nickname for Willow Ridge, the seat of Archer power. "Thanks," he breathed softly, momentarily pressing harder against that dark flank. He knew he wasn't chasing ghosts, then. They were still around—they had to still be around.

"I always meant ter get over there, but it wasn't meant ter be." He didn't ask what she meant—maybe, he thought she meant these trees, but they were here now, weren't they? The chill had settled like a heavy cloak across his back, and frozen the gears of his mind, until he felt numb inside-out with it. The mere idea of speaking was like the idea of liquid sunlight dropping from the sky to warm them. It just wasn't going to happen. Morganna had barely settled herself down before Ice was in under the tree, doing a tight little circle before flopping down with the length of his back pressed against hers. Here, with the low-slung branches and bushes blocking the wind, and the faint heat of another wolf at his back, he was finally safe. He licked the water from his forelegs for a moment, before settling his large, pale head across them. Ice heaved a sigh, turned off his brain, and slipped into the no-man's-land between sleep and wakefulness, waiting for warmth to return to his aging, chilled bones.

until the ice breaks.

let the stars above shine in your soul