(See All?) Announcements
623 Users Online
Google, Bing

Shallow : A pack? Where? — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by NickWithAShotgun who has 13 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Shallow Nightfall
Shallow took a few careful steps into the Spectral Woods. I swear, if there's no goddamn pack in these woods, I'm digging a grave and jumping in it. she thought as she noticed that silence hung in sheets around her. She gulped down her worries and went on walking. No, a pack wouldn't be here, in these woods, no way. That's just impossible. she thought as she attempted to go back the way she came. 'Well, shit. I'm lost in a place with a name that worries me. This is going to kill me one day.' she voiced her thoughts this time, hoping that maybe, by some miracle, another, hopefully friendly, wolf could hear her in these terrifying woods. Shallow decided to lie down and take a quick nap. Her grey-coloured head lay on her scruffy paws, as she rested for the first time in what felt like forever. 'Somebody,' she mumbled in her sleep. 'help me get out of here...' Now all she had to do was wait and pray to whatever God would listen to her.  She would definitely act with gratefulness to anyone who heard her. Maybe it was the area name, she couldn't tell, but her dreams were dark and brought up memories of her family who she was searching all over for with no luck yet. She hoped that being in a pack may aid her search.
(This post was last modified: Feb 11, 2017, 05:32 PM by Shallow.)
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

There were new faces in the Bend, and closer to her age. The young Aquila did not plan to spend much time with them. She didn't want to get attached. Alone she went, padding through the misted wood in hopes of finding something.

An old deer trail caught her interest. It was slim she would find it, but that didn't stop her from following. Mindfully, she followed its hoof prints, often using her nose when the trail veered through brush.

A stranger's voice broke the quiet, and she lifted her head, ears rotating. There was nothing more said. Was there someone out there? Instead of being afraid, Lila moved to investigate. If someone was in the woods, she needed to figure out what they were up to. Even if they weren't quite near the Bend, it was close enough.

Trying to be sneaky, she moved quietly, now and then pausing to take a whiff of the air. She caught the loner's scent, and with glee, headed in the right direction. Why she wasn't sure what she would say or do just yet. It, would likely be what she felt her mother would do.

She almost gave up on her search when she finally spotted the sleeping gray wolf. Odd. Why was she sleeping? Shouldn't she be scared? Slowly, the pup tip toed closer, pausing when the stranger mumbled. She could make no sense of it, except maybe it was a nightmare of sorts. "Hey," she began. Wanting to tell her she should sleep else where. Or take better care of herself.

Inactive No Rank
Shallow Nightfall
Her dreams where interupted by the voice, cutting the silence she had been in. She woke up with a start, shocked to find that a pup was who the voice belonged to. 'Gah!' Shallow exclaimed, jumping up. 'W-who? What?' she asked in quick succession. Wierd... A pup is the one who discovered me. That's kinda odd. 'What would a pup be doing around in such an odd place? These Spectral Woods are terrifying, even for me.' she wondered. She considered mentioning her name to the pup, but waited. Maybe I should ask her if a pack is around here. I should ask for a name, at least. She hesitated to ask the questions, but soon found the courage to speak up. 'Have you, by chance, seen a pack in these woods? If you can tell me your name, I'll tell you mine.' she managed to say. God, I feel so embaressed for being scared of a pup... Her thoughts returned to the strange dream while she waited for the answer. She could recall her dream involving something with her family. Her brother, perhaps? Maybe her mother. The events were cloudy to her, maybe the atmosphere wasn't helping. I've gotta concentrate on the reality, not the dreams. She sat down calmly and gave a little smirk to the pup, hoping to show that she was friendly and not a danger.
'So could you... Tell me how you're sleeping easy, How you're only thinking of yourself?'

Dialouge
Thought
OOC

[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

Her single word seemed to do the trick, and the other awoke startled by her company. Well, what did she expect? Sleeping in the open like that. The loner's round of questions and disoriented state forced the dark hair on Lila's shoulders to rise. She pinned a narrow gaze on the wolf. "I am almost a yearling, and I live in these woods," she coolly replied. For Lila may be considered a pup, but was not far from her adult height and weight. She wasn't about to be treated like a child by a lone female.

Didn't she realize there were plenty of wolf scents around? Lila was sure she was not the only one who came and went through the misted woods. She held the urge to roll her eyes, and tried instead to soften here gaze."Of course there's a pack. It's called Oak Tree Bend." The name she doubted was common knowledge. There were not any other packs over here. The closest was Fallen Tree Cove. There had never been mention of any other. Something she couldn't yet decide was good or bad.

She let out a rough sigh. She really didn't care to know her name, only what she was doing in the woods. She would go along with it. "Lila Aquila," she offered. Then regarded her with a suspicious stare. "What are you doing in these woods if you're scared?"

(This post was last modified: Feb 23, 2017, 08:53 PM by Lila.)
Inactive No Rank
Shallow Nightfall
Shallow looked slightly surprised by the information she gained from the not-a-pup pack member. Not too long after she was surprised, a look of confusion came over her face. Damn... There IS a pack in these woods. 'Oak Tree Bend? That's a sorta wierd name for a pack. It kinda suits the area, though, what with the trees.' she said, joking a bit. To her, a pack in the Spectral Woods seemed like a safe and brave pack. Maybe I should try and join this Oak Tree Bend pack... Well, the yearling had told her a name, so she would keep her end of the bargain. 'My name's Shallow Nightfall. I did say I would tell you if you did the same. she mentioned. 'I'm in these woods in search of one thing, which you should know from my questions. Think you can lead me to the pack territory, Lila?' She asked kindly. What else could she do to seem less of a strange wolf? Nothing came to mind, so she just gave a look of thanks. 'Gotta say, you really are helping me, what with telling me about the pack. I owe you one for that.' she added. This wolf really was acting friendly, even if it's just giving a little information and no directions. It was nice of her to talk to a wanderer.
(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 09:51 AM by Shallow.)
'So could you... Tell me how you're sleeping easy, How you're only thinking of yourself?'

Dialouge
Thought
OOC

Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir

He had been out tracking prey further south. Winter wasn't done with them yet, and the pack's number of adults was low. Ice didn't doubt that the yearlings could pull their full weight in a hunt—after all, most of them would hit their second birthday this spring, and by then they would have to be able to hunt, or Ice would box them around the ears. Still, the strength and agility of youth could only compensate for the experience of age so far, and vice versa. In a few months Aponi would not be able to hunt with ease, and then not at all. By the time summer rolled around they had to be a team of wolves to take care of the ashes of their phoenix pack.

So a pack hunt was in order. And thus, larger prey needed to be mapped out. Ice's little trip south had been mostly successful, as he'd found a couple of roving bands of deer and elk. He was sure they'd find something once they went out, and, happy with his scouting job, he was making his way back to the territory. The pallid blue fog hung draped among the trees, blocking out some light. The eerie effect had since long worn off on him. It was just home—a little dark, a little dank, but all the more precious when the sun shone.

He scented them before he heard them. They weren't on his given path, but without second thought Ice veered off. The main reason was curiosity, but unbidden, a twinge of fear wove its way through his system. Was this how Rissa had disappeared? Talking to strangers? Ice's brows drew together. He didn't think that was what was happening.. nor did he think Lila needed a chaperone or something... Scowling, the large pale wolf came upon them, drawing up beside Lila but stopping a little short of her shoulder. "Hello Lila," he rumbled quietly, touching his nose to her dark shoulder. What was it Naira had said? Aponi's sister Nova was the spitting image of Triell? Aponi took more after Rhysis, but this child.. she was like Triell and Aiyana. He heaved the softest of sighs into the silver-tinted blackness of her fur, before turning his head to regard the stranger.

She had a nondescript build, a nondescript color, but striking blue eyes. That was.. unusual. Ice hadn't met many blue-eyed wolves. She seemed calm now, but a faint scent of unease lingered about her. "I am Ice," he said after a moment, regarding her warily. Introductions had to be made, then he was content to let Lila keep dealing with the talking. "Who are you?"

let the stars above shine in your soul
Inactive No Rank
Shallow Nightfall
The unexpected apearance of another wolf made Shade think about what she might find in the woods. There has to be a pack here. Why would both of these wolves be here if there wasn't? But, then again... Once learning of a new name to add to the small collection, she was sure that these wolves were definetly not going to hurt her. Unless she harmed them, but she wouldn't do that to anyone. 'Me? My name is Shallow Nightfall.' she replied with a gentle smile. 'I know I just asked Lila, but is there a pack in these woods? You both seem to be in the same pack, that's for sure.' she added. A bit of confusion and worry came to mind about how Ice was regarding her. Don't kill me, don't kill me... Shade hid her fears behind her calm face. If they did decide to try and kill her, at least she could run in a random direction. Not a great plan, but her mind was made up. 'Of course, you don't have to say. It would be preferable, but if you decide against it, directions out of here would be just as good. I can look elsewhere for a pack to call home.' she aded, looking a bit more serious. She hoped they didn't lead her to a pack just because she said what she did.
(This post was last modified: Feb 23, 2017, 09:27 PM by Shallow. Edit Reason: Just realised I put the wrong name. Oops. )

Dialouge
Thought
OOC

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

The young lady's blue gaze went from suspicious, to cold. The dark wolf found nothing humorous about her joking manner. She was getting more unimpressed by the second. Really, she had no more words to give her. She much rather wanted to growl, tell her to go on her way. With the self control she did have she managed to remain silent, and her lip from raising in warning. For now.

As she had offered she gave her name in turn. Lila tucked it away in case it would be of use later. With everything she had just said she was surprised she would ask to be taken to the Bend. Bewildered all over again she took a moment to respond. It wasn't exactly her place to drive wanderers off, and it seemed they were hoping to get their numbers up. Maybe, it would be better to simply let Serach and Aponi make the final judgement."I suppose," she began. A dark ear drew back, someone was coming. Her head turned to see the light figure of @Ice. The tension that had rose easily fell back as he came to stand close to her. She did not mine the Guardian's company, and was glad for it in the situation.

He asked the lady's name, and Lila's eyes landed on the loner. She easily supplied it, but still didn't seem to understand what Lila had told her. Asking again if there was a pack when she had plainly said there was.  Black guard hairs began to rise, and a low, short growl came sounded in her throat. "I told you there is a pack. Oak Tree Bend. It's where we live," she spoke, obviously exasperated. Why she wanted to add, doubt you'll get in she had sealed her lips, and clenched her teeth. She was sure Ice would know the best way to handle this, and she would follow his lead.  

(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2017, 07:22 PM by Lila.)
Inactive No Rank
Shallow Nightfall
Shallow's previous assumption was thrown out the window when she noticed how Lila was acting. Shit... Maybe I was wrong... She was looking at the younger wolf as if she was scared, which she kinda was. 'Oh, sorry if I offend you. Either of you. I just want to double-check about the pack, but I guess I don't need to.' she said. Maybe her attempts of humor weren't helping... Now that one suspicion was confirmed, she just needed directions, or a guide, perhaps a gift to whoever she would ask to join. She kept her cool infront of Ice, still hoping things wouldn't come to a battle between them. 'I'm not wanting to cause trouble for anyone, just so you know. So, the pack you two are in must be pretty brave to establish camp in such terrifying woods.' Or plain stupid. 'I like the sound of these wolves already.' she added. Now just to wait for a reply. While she waited, she just had to think up a plan to get in the pack, if she could find it. Planning is for later Shallow. Concentrate on your main goal. Where is my family? I have to find them, but maybe they've already died. No, they can't be dead. My brother must still be wandering around this place... Thoughts in her mind went crazy, her brother still lurking in her memory. She began to feel a little dizzy. I must be hungry...
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2017, 01:52 PM by Shallow.)

Dialouge
Thought
OOC