750 Users Online
Bing, Google, Flair, Hazelnut, Vanadis, Ryder, Chan, Viorel

sleepwalking — Panorama Peak 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Riley who has 102 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Iyes
For @Kino
RE: There is an active change in the Northern Lights! The sky lights up in greens, blues, and even shades of purple.

Despite her tireless journey, sleep was not the easiest thing to come by for the young she-wolf. At daylight hours Iyes was confident in her ability to navigate this world alone, stomping around and flashing her fangs like she owned the whole place. But once night fell it became harder to keep up the charade. All the shadows seemed to be bigger than her.

This night the coal-pelted girl had found a large shrub with its roots partially exposed, eroded away by something to form a hole just big enough for the Iyes' petite frame. She was curled up tightly, comfortable and warm with the branches providing some cover from the occasional night wind. But her bright amber eyes remained opened and staring into the darkness. The tiredness of her physical form could not compete with the rampant raging of her mind. 

Nor could it compete with her curiosity when bright colors began to dance across the shrouded landscape in front of her. Flashes of bright green and pale blue would illuminate the rocks and barren trees could see from beyond the branches, disappearing after a few seconds only to reappear in a new combination. 

She frowned and dislodged herself from her make-shift den, shaking off bits of dirt and dead leaves as she emerged into a scene that was bathed in indigo. Iyes craned her head toward the sky and found intermittent cloud cover was what caused the bright lights in the sky to dance the way they did. This was something she'd never seen before - and the very audacity that the climate had to try and cover it up with clouds was frankly, rude as hell.

Having found something better to do than sleep, Iyes headed up the slope to find a better vantage point to watch the display.
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

Kino was uncomfortably close to their neighbors. It was no secret to him that the Monadnock wolves and the Rye wolves didn’t like each other, something he’d gathered from little things here and there, and being this close made him feel ansty. He worried that they’d think he was spying on them or something, chase him down and send him running back toward the borders nipping at his heels. In truth he didn’t know what had transpired between the two packs, but he didn’t want to get caught in the middle.

It was also very late, the sun setting not too long before. He was fully alert, silver pelt making him stand out like a sore thumb in the dark environment and it was times like these that made him miss the spectral woods even a little bit. At least there the silver mists had allowed him to blend in like a ghost. Out here it was like he was a beacon. He moved quickly, making good ground but the sight that slowly began to unfurl in the atmosphere made him stop in his tracks. Topaz gaze looking upward in amazement to find vibrant colors twisting and turning like a dance above, moving to their own music. His jaws hung open in slack before looking around for some place to get a better view.

A slope moved upward near him, reaching high into the sky and he decided it was the perfect place. It wouldn’t take him a horribly longer amount of time to get back and he decided that he deserved to sleep in, even if it was just a little bit. He’d catch up on his sleep later, for now he had something more interesting to see. He climbed the slope, scaling the rocky terrain and zipping around the few trees that were scattered along it. The silver boy was eager, so eager in fact that once he reached the top he completely missed the presence of the other. Instead he stood there staring upwards at the sky, watching the ribbons twirl with wide and intrigued eyes.

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
Inactive IV. Yearling
Iyes
Bathed in the shifting hues of the aurora borealis Iyes felt like she had been transported from the usual reality to an astral plane similar but unequivocally different from the life she was living currently. Her legs carried her up the slope swiftly but not gracefully - she was too busy craning her neck toward the heavens to bother watching where her paws were landing - and when she reached the apex of the Peak the clouds seemed to magically part away and create a vision which drew an audible gasp from the she-wolf. 

Bright white stars dotted the navy-blue canvas of the night sky, somehow extremely dark and extremely bright at the same time. Streaks of violet and indigo swirled through the sky, disappearing at the start and following through to the end only to be replaced by another streak at a different angle - and this happened all across the sky, everywhere she turned her head to see. Shades of chartreuse and lime green would puddle across the streaks and spread out like droplets of water, interrupting and parting the purple like a powerful force. The rarest of all was a bright, sky blue, occasionally glowing within the other colors for a brief moment before disappearing back into the shrouds. 

Iyes couldn't look in one place, her head turning as she browsed all around the silent show with a ghost of a smile on her lips and a lightness in her heart. As she turned her head toward the right she finally saw him - the other wolf watching the display. His silvery fur reflected the light in a way her own dark pelt could not. All the colors moving in the sky she could find on his body - a streak of bright green dipping from his ear down toward his shoulder, while lilac hues bled across his neck. Shamelessly she stared.

In truth she didn't know who had been on the Peak first and in any other moment he probably would have given her a fright, a stranger so close to her in a vulnerable space. But she wasn't in her reality right now, she was somewhere else where the sky was bathed in colors and the night was still and calm. So instead of reacting in any normal way, the orange-eyed wolf simply gave a low woof of a greeting and moved closer to him until she was hardly a body length away. Her soft smile remained unwavering the entire time, looking to meet his eyes to see if the colors in the sky moved in them too.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

He wondered how nature could create something so ethereal, so beautiful and utterly magnificent. The lights were so bright that they seemed to paint everything around them, using the snow covered ground as a canvas. He found himself wanting to experience this with Hal, wanting to see the wonder in her beautiful eyes at the twirling colors. She would love it, he knew she would. Hell, maybe she was watching them right now. And he was missing out.

Kino turned with a mind to go and seek her out, praying that the light show would keep up its actions until he could get there. As he turned he was faced with a stranger and for a moment he thought that it was Hal herself. But the eyes, though bright, were wrong and there was too much silver and not enough browns in the dark coat. The girl was looking at him with such wonder that his brows quirked upward, head tilting to the side and the corners of his lips tilted up in an amused smirk. “Ah, I don’t have anything on my face do I?” he asked, looking over his body for a moment to be sure.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive IV. Yearling
Iyes
When the platinum-coated male turned to face her, he seemed to do it with something else in mind. There was a moment of discord as he failed to recognize her that he quickly recovered from. Iyes only noticed because she was tactlessly staring at his face anyway. His features settled into a quizzical look, a foil to her curious gaze, and as he questioned his appearance she couldn't help but allow a bright grin to stretch across her muzzle. He gave himself a once over to which, she shook her head and laughed, and then eased back in to a gentle smile. "Just the sky," she responded, her voice carrying a touch of cheek but ringing with honesty. The sky was the perfect canvas for the light show, no doubt, but his coat was the best conductor around. "It looks good on you."

For a moment a streak of the brightest blue reflected upon him followed what appeared to be a scar, trickling from the base of his tattered left ear to melt into the puddle of topaz that was his right iris. Iyes realized with half a smirk that they were practically polar opposites in terms of appearance - him painted in shades of grey and beige with a dusting of darkness, and her in a coat of coal that muddied itself with threads of silver. Even their eyes were shining opposites, orange versus blue. This was the sort of meeting that didn't just happen in the day time, kicking rocks and being bored. It was something that could only happen in the transformed night. 
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

A bright grin stretched across the girl’s petite features and he was forced to think on how ironic it was that so many of the dark hued individuals he’d met had such pleasant demeanors while he and all his desaturated splendor was quite frankly a mess. And, there seemed to be quite a few tiny wolves in these lands. Or maybe it was just him that was abnormally large? She gave a laugh at his comment and gave a cheeky remark in reply to which his tail gave a little swish. His head dipped in mock embarrassment at the comment, a low chuckle vibrating in his chest. “Well, thank you,” he replied.

His gaze turned back up to the sky, the colors dancing just as strongly as they had been. “Have you ever seen this before?” he asked curiously, looking back at her. The light danced across her own pelt, the strands of silver reflecting in their own way that almost seemed to make the girl twinkle. Her orange gaze was crinkled in amusement, bright and telling. He’d never seen anything like them before in their strange hue. He thought, for a moment, that she was certainly pretty.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Iyes
Iyes could not help but purse her lips in an almost coquettish smirk as he bowed his head in fake embarrassment to her forward flattery. The atmosphere had put her in a remarkable mood, and it was incredibly pleasant to find her company was a good sport to her playful behavior. As his bright blue gaze swept back toward the shimmering displays of colors she followed suit, turning her head back toward the night sky. She watched the stars appear and disappear with the ebb and flow of the lights, and let her face be bathed in the lavender and lime shine. Watching wave after wave of color returned her expression to a soft smile - one which lasted only a moment until he asked her a question. 

Have you ever seen this before? It caused her genuine pause, lifting her cheek toward him as she tilted her head to try to wrap her head around the thought. It hadn't occurred to her that this was something that could have happened before, or would ever happen again. It just seemed too amazing to exist outside of this very night. "Never," she breathed, still incredible at the thought. She turned her head back toward him and found herself caught in his vibrant gaze. "Why, have you?" Maybe he had seen this before himself - somehow he seemed to be a special enough wolf that perhaps the night would gift him like this on more than one occasion. And she did find herself liking to be in the company of special wolves.
(This post was last modified: Feb 28, 2017, 03:08 AM by Iyes.)
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

She seemed to need to think about the question, her own head tilting as she thought. He wondered if she was a bit like him as that was a motion that was certainly characteristic of the boy. Of course he’d also inherited it from his mother, so maybe it wasn’t as unique as thought. “Never,” she breathed and turned toward him, meeting his gaze. “Why, have you?” she inquired. Kino shook his head, “Unfortunately not. I’m happy to experience it with good company though,” he replied with a grin.

She did seem like pleasant company so far and he thought he might not have minded if she would have joined them on their quest to form a new pack. But, he also felt that might be jumping the gun a bit since they’d only just met and hadn’t said quite so many words to each other. His new start to life should be joined by the best and even if she had a nice face and personality there were many who could fit that description but turn out to be turn coats. First thing first, they needed to know names. “My name’s Alastor by the way,” he introduced languidly.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Iyes
idk what's going on with this weird girl but I'm going to go ahead and say that the northern lights has the same affect on Iyes as a moon on RLY flirty werewolves

Despite her speculation that this pale-coated wolf ran around nightly surrounded by a spectacular blend of colors streaming from the sky, the man denied it - this was his first time as well. And in a way, it was almost better -  that they were both here by fate, or something, doing something entirely new... and with good company, as he called her. The commentary turned Iyes into a wolf she'd never recognized in herself - under her skin running a mixture of confidence and excitement and playfulness. Arguably she had felt this strange pull the moment she dragged her sleepless self out from under the hollow beneath the roots of a brush, but there was also something about him.

"Alastor," she repeated with a nod, like one might do when they were politely meeting a new person and trying to solidify their name into their head. But that's not exactly what Iyes was doing. Gentle steps closed the gap between the two wolves. She became aware just how much taller he was than she when she had to crane her head upwards, reaching toward his ear and brushing her dark muzzle over the silvery fur of his cheeks. Then, in the spot where she should have said her name in return - "Catch me if you can." Powered by the light of the sky she pivoted on her heel and bounded off toward the open space ahead, watching the lights dance across the landscape as she did. After a few good leaps she stomped her feet down to come to a firm pause. Tipping her head over her shoulder, she looked at him to see if he would give in and give chase.