Google, Bing

to be something so easy — Midnight Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 91 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
For @Kyna

heigen

It was simply a short trip. No longer than two and a half days. He had no real destination in mind but the mountain seemed too tempting. Even with winter still here he couldn't resist it. The large man knew much of the dangers that such beauty could hold. It was a risk he was willing to take anyway. If something happened he genuinely figured that no one would miss him. They'd perhaps mark him off as missing or a deserter. Perhaps part of him didn't mind that, perhaps part of him did.

He scaled the mountain with a few minor slips but nothing life threatening. He wondered if the giant rock tower knew his love for it and kept him safe as a reward. Whatever had kept him from falling to a certain death he was grateful for. Yet he found himself with more large rocks to scale. The tawny male was careful where he set his paws. He elevated higher and it seemed the view was rather rewarding. The landscape around him was rocky as the horizon was spotted with clouds and trees.

Heigen took a seat to both catch his breath and take in the scenery better. He would have to come visit here more often. Maybe the spring would hold more colorful views.

"Speech."

there's so many things meant to fall
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

It was a bit further north, and a different part of the mountain.  Kyna had given the Lost Lake a wide berth, able to detect quite the collection of wolves taking up residence around its shores.  Packs were still something the woman was wholly uninterested in, but being asocial could not dampen her desire to continue exploration.  It was unlikely she’d live out the rest of her life where the Silent Moon Plateau pack had once resided, after all, and eventually, she’d have to pick some place to make her den if she continued to avoid packs like she had all winter.

Strange, how the world worked.  Strange that they had ended up in Oak Tree Bend because Aponi did not want to raise a pup as a loner.  Stranger still that she became alpha of that pack not a year later, and said pup was on her own anyways.  Oh, yes, she had the occasional companion, but it was not the same.

And speaking of the occasional company--  Kyna lifted her head, scenting another wolf up ahead.  Her ears cupped forward as she woofed softly, not interested in surprising him, or causing a scuffle. “Hello?” she called out to the stranger.  “Do you live here?”

Resources by freepik.com, table by Kydnt
Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
He could have watched the sky for hours. Content to watch clouds and colors change. Heigen had never felt so at peace with everything than in this very moment. White Fir Notch was his home but it didn't give him this kind of comfort. He would feel bad ditching so soon but he couldn't force himself to be happy. He was an aging man and his clock only counted down, not up.

It was for the best that someone interrupted his thoughts. The large male stayed seated but let his head turn to see who it was. A younger girl, about his size in every way but weight, ginger hues, and fiery eyes. He smiled kindly and gestured with his head for her to come closer. "I don't but I certainly wish I did. Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked softly as his brown eyes kept looking out. "Do you live here?" She didn't smell of a pack but that didn't mean she hadn't set up camp here. Heigen wasn't very keen on stepping on toes with strangers so if she wished him to leave he gladly would. There was plenty of the mountain left to be explored.

"I'm Heigen but you can call me Gen if you'd like." The large male introduced himself so that he may feel less like a stranger. He wondered who he was meeting with. She seemed kind enough already for not starting any trouble.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Oh.  Well, this was unusual.

Most of the wolves Kyna met these days had little interest in the slopes, and any commentary on them was dedicated towards complaints, not compliments.  The young female found her tail wagging despite herself, offering the stranger a small smile as she bobbed her head.  “Yes,” she agreed softly.  “It’s very beautiful.  I’ve always liked the openness of mountains, I suppose.  But I do not live here, either.”

In truth, the loner did not quite live anywhere, anymore, but the pack animal hadn’t pried, and the young Argyris did not feel so inclined to give up such private information.  Not so long ago, she lived in Oak Tree Bend and was practicing statecraft, but for the few weeks, it  felt like a lifetime.  Now all she practiced was survival.

“Gen?  It is nice to meet you.  My name is Kyna,” she introduced herself easily.  If there was one skill she hadn’t lost, it was the ability to be polite – to be tactful, if she must, though it seemed this other wolf would not force her paw on that matter.  Still, curiosity surged through her.  “If you do not live here, why travel to the mountain?  Most wolves avoid it.  If you don’t mind me asking, that is.”

Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
The smile stayed on his face as she agreed. "Do you think you would if you could?" He asked softly as if he might break the calm around them. Everything seemed so fragile yet strong. Certainly, the strong rocks below them wouldn't shatter but perhaps the peace would. Heigen had never been a man of poetic words he usually took up statecraft. It had always been more fitting for him he felt.

His little nickname bounced back in the form of a question. The large male nodded his head softly as if to confirm that he was indeed Gen. "Pleasure to meet you Kyna." He wondered where that name had come from. It was certainly unique but he supposed that was fitting for her. With such gingery hues and fiery eyes, she was indeed unique.

Her question was unexpected. He had certainly heard it but he stayed silent for perhaps a few seconds too long. His answer was more than he could think about putting into words but he had to figure something out. "While I live in a beautiful place now, there's no place like the mountains. I've seen a lot of things but I don't think I've ever encountered something that harbors the energy that a mountain does." He looked over her to see if that made sense at all. "Gues I could ask you the same, though. If you're not living here what's brought you out here?"
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

“Oh yes.  I most definitely will.”

It was not a question of ‘if’, but rather, a question of ‘when’.  These days, it was looking more and more like a mountain home was in her direct future.  After a moment, she realized Gen might have been referring to this specific spot in which, no, she rather doubted she would.  There was nothing wrong with it, but she rather liked the secrets on the other side of mountain.  Perhaps not Silent Moon itself, but somewhere close, at least.  She did not get the chance to continue on with her thoughts, for the older male was soon busy answering her other list of questions.

That was fine, though.  It still gave her the opportunity to clarify from before.  “Oh, I do not have a home, at the moment.  I left the pack I was with – and have not decided where I want to live, I suppose.  I grew up on the other side of the lake, you see, and was thinking I might like to live there again…but for as long as I lived there, I’d never been here, and I wanted to see.”  Kyna offered a small smile, her tail starting to wag again.  For all that she avoided strangers, this one was turning out to be quite kind.  “You are with a pack, yes?  You do not smell like a loner.”

Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
She was confident in her decision and choice of words. He admired that about her. Heigen had always been more connected with those who knew what they wanted and how they wanted it. Maybe it was because he liked to think of himself like that. Strong willed, confident, tactical. While he wasn't exactly everything he admired in other wolf's he was certainly something close. At least close enough for him to like himself too.

His ears perked at her story. So she was a mountain wolf by birth. He had extreme faith she would do well on a mountain again. Those who were born on one could usually never leave it forever. That was what he had learned in his experience and travels. "Very brave of you to leave a pack in the winter." He commented with a friendly smile. "It seems to be worth something seeing." The large Colette's eyes returned back out to the land that laid in front of the large duo. He liked it here. The Notch wolf wasn't positive if he'd live in this exactly place but he wouldn't mind something close to it.

"I am." Heigen tossed her a quick look. "Haven't been there very long and can't honestly say how long I'll be there." He shrugged his shoulders as a sideways grin tugged on his dark lips. "I still have a lot I want to do and I'm only getting older."
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Very brave.

Hmm.  It sounded nice, but Kyna was fairly certain her choice had not been driven by any sort of bravery, really.  A crisis of faith, perhaps.  A sudden, crushing realization that all the accusations hurled at Aponi might have actually been true.  That the malfeasance she was utterly certain her mother could never commit may very well have been perpetrated by that very woman.  She sighed.  That was not a story for a stranger, no matter how friendly he seemed to be.

“Fair enough, I suppose.”  The strawberry blonde certainly couldn’t be quick to judge on pack loyalty, considering how things came and went for her in terms of Oak Tree Bend.  Leaving Silent Moon Plateau hadn’t been a willing decision, but--  She rolled her shoulders, slow smile starting to return at his insinuation. “I’d hardly call you old,” she laughed, shaking her head.  He showed no signs of grey, not like Phineas (though whether that was age, or he was simply born that way, she’d never know).  But he did not creak, and he looked just as healthy as she did, more or less.  Still, it begged a certain question.  “What is it that you want to do?  That you’re getting too old for?”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
Her laughter washed away his worries for this moment in time. The earthy man laughed along for the hell of it. It was nice to know that he didn't at least seem old. It filled him with a certain confidence that would likely wash away in the not so far off future.

Heigen was curious as to why she was asking. What did a young woman like herself gain from finding out what an older male like him wanted to do? He figured it wouldn't hurt because what were the chances that they'd ever run into each other again? "I guess I want to do what most wolves do." He shrugged his shoulders a bit. "Lead a pack, find some kind of love, maybe have a family. I'm not sure what I'll actually get, though. I'll be content if I can mark the first thing off my list." He let out a small snort and smirked. "Hard to lead if you're old and someone younger might think they're more capable. So even if you don't think I'm old now I will be soon enough. Best to try and get the ball rolling before it's too late."

He shifted his weight slightly. It had been a while since he had been on such hard ground. He obviously didn't mind it too much but it would take getting used to if he was to visit here more. "I noticed how you said most definitely will." His brown eyes looked over to the ginger girl. "Mind if I ask how you plan on doing that?" His tail slightly wagged behind him as he showed obvious interest.