(See All?) Announcements
620 Users Online
Bing, Google

The Odyssey — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Vespertio @Namid This thread is for Kajika to ask for permission to leave Fallen Tree Cove for a time.

Since Des had returned Kajika’s mood had improved he felt better than he had in months however there were still some things that he had to deal with. He couldn’t be there for Des if he was still lingering on the things that still bothered him. Moonshadow and his feelings for her happened to be one of those things. It was starting to become increasingly clear that he couldn’t work through that in the cove. The short trip he had taken down the mountain so he felt that perhaps it was time that he took Taggs advice and take some time for himself outside of the cove.

He didn’t really like the idea of leaving so soon after Des had returned to him and it very much reminded him of the times that he had left her in the past. This was different, he was doing this for her and for his own peace of mind. He couldn’t move forward and it wouldn’t be fair unless he dealt with his feelings for Moonshadow.

All that he had to do was to speak with Verpertio and Namid to get their permission, he wasn’t sure how long he would be gone. He wasn’t planning to leave forever but just a couple of weeks might be all that he would need to get to a better place than he had been. To be happy once more and be a better pack member for the cove wolves because he didn’t feel that he had been the last few months. This was what led him to the communal den in search of the alpha pair. When he didn’t find them there he lifted his muzzle into the air sending one long note asking for them to join him.

(This post was last modified: Feb 20, 2017, 11:22 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Vesper had just set foot back within the Cove after deciding to do some solo hunting outside the barricades of his kingdom when he heard the beckoning summons from Kajika, a rabbit carcass swaying limply between clamped jaws as the lakeside patriarch paused on his return home to give the howl a full listen with russet ears pricking forward attentively. It would take the agouti man a bit yet to reach the heart of their territory after depositing his quarry into an available cache first so he could return to it at a later point in time, but eventually he answered his Beta's call. A warm smile gracing his inky lips accompanied by a small nod in greeting.

"Kajika, what can I do for you?" He asked, a creamy brow quirking upward curiously as his mind began to ponder what the swarthy male could possibly need to ask or tell himself and Namid once she arrived on scene. Waiting patiently for an answer, haunches lowered into a comfortable seated position against the snow covered ground, charcoal dusted tail curling along the man's left side. It wasn't entirely lost upon the patriarch that things had seemed..off..about Kajika lately, but Vesper had felt no need to pry into the man's personal life yet. He still managed to pull his weight and if there was one thing the lakeside king liked his members to have, it was a sense of privacy. Yes, they were all family, but even considering that an individual needed their own personal bubble of sorts.

Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
I have loved the stars too fondly

Namid had been doing a little fishing, two fish slowly collecting a blood pool on top of the ice to show for the hour or so of work she’d been doing. It took skill and patience to be an adept fisher and she’d taken to it like a fish out of water. One might have not even known that she’d grown up on a vast plane. She’d already risen to her paws, giving herself a stretch to loosen her stiff joints when the call went out. Auds swiveled toward it in curiosity but she picked up the fish all the same, depositing them in a cache on her way.

A few minutes later she arrived at the communal den finding her husband and the dark male already there. Vespertio already seemed to have asked the question sh’d been wanting to so instead she moved to his side, giving him a playful bump to the shoulder and a nod to Kajika. A feminine brow raised in question, curious as to what this was about. Kajika had been in a noticeably better mood since the return of their friend and she couldn’t help but hope a little in her heart that maybe he was going to ask them permission to pursue her. Not that he needed permission for that, but it would certainly be a very Kajika thing to do in her opinion.

To be fearful of the night
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

A long time had been used to consider this and with Des’s return he felt he had to reconsider. In the end he'd made up his mind, there wasn’t any doubt that he'd made the right choice when he'd decided that he needed to leave the pack for a time. Did he really want to do it? No, he loved Fallen Tree Cove and all the wolves in it but it was where Moonshadow was. He wanted to move forward with Des but he didn't believe he could do that while he was still pining away for Moonshadow. He had feelings for her yes, did they go as deep as the ones he had for Des, he didn't know and he didn't want to find out. He loved Des, she was back and he wanted to give them the chance they never had before.

He waited patiently for his alphas to arrive, he was not nervous as he had been at times in the past. He was confident in his decision but he did hope Namid and Vespertio would see it was good for him too. Finally they did arrive one after the other. Vespertio's question brought a smile to his dark features, it was something he'd grown accustomed to. “I'm sure I haven't done the best of job hiding that something has been going on with me as of late. Des’s return has helped a lot and I would like to find out what we missed out on before,” he said pausing a moment to not only gather his thoughts but also to allow them a moment to process. “Still there is one thing that I need to work through so that I can be there for Des in the way I should be and also give Fallen Tree Cove all that I have in the past. So what I am asking for your permission to leave the pack for only a couple of weeks. Just so that I can clear my head and I thought a scouting trip might be the best way for me to do this. I don't want to not being doing something for the pack in my absence.”

Kajika didn't know how they would take this revelation but if they did not allow it he would work through it all in another way. Whatever they decided he would accept because their word and the pack were important to him.

(This post was last modified: Feb 23, 2017, 03:29 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Not long after his own arrival, the scent of his wife began to fill the air accompanied by the gradually increasing sound of paws crunching against snow underfoot. A sudden bump to his shoulder announced her appearance which the man contently returned with a gentle lick to her muzzle before shifting his molten gold gaze back upon the ebony man when he began to speak. Russet ears pivoted forward listening diligently to what his beta had to say and what he had to say caught the lakeside patriarch by surprise. Partially widened eyes revealing such.

Vespertio was not the type of leader to stick his snout in the personal business of his subordinates, specifically, the love department, deeming the subject unimportant unless it conflicted laws set in place such as breeding come spring. So becoming informed about the ebony males affection; vaguely, toward the recently returned Des was quite the surprise, but what truly had the agouti man's head spinning was the request he placed before them. Permission to depart for a couple weeks so he could clear his head? What had come to transpire to cause the man believe this was his best option, Vesper couldn't say.

Musing over the request in silence, a low hum resonated in his chest while glancing off toward @Namid. He studied her face to see how she took this sudden and unexpected request, swinging his gaze back onto Kajika's dark facial features. "That seems like a long time to be away, but I can say a scouting trip is needed. We're quite isolated up here and I would like to know what changes may have occurred and if any new packs have settled nearby." The last thing the mountain pack needed was new competition for resources. "What do you think, Namid?" He asked, once more glancing at his mate.

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Whatever she had been expecting Kajika to ask of them, it hadn’t been for him to leave the pack. Well, he wasn’t leaving the pack but he wouldn’t still be gone for quite some time. Her brows pulled together in concern, eyes raking over his frame to make sure he hadn’t lost weight for anything. If she saw anything in him that showed that he wasn’t at least physically healthy she would be very reluctant to allow him to leave, but she saw nothing. Nothing more than an important man who was looking for some sort of way to get himself back together.

Auds swiveled to look at her husband, listening to his verdict. She couldn’t say that she thought he was wrong, they were certainly in their own bubble on the mountain. If there had been a war raging at the base they never would have noticed. Not knowing was dangerous. When it came her turn she paused, looking conflicted but eventually a small nod bobbed her head. “I can agree with that. We need to be able to cover ourselves and stay in the loop. If you think that this will help you, then that is something that I am also for.” she settled, glancing to meet the eyes of the King. “Just come back to us with plenty of information and, above all, come back to us safely,” she finished, turning to look back at the second.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

As Vespertio started with pointing out that it was a long time for him to be away Kajika worried that he might have been pushing it asking for two weeks.  He had spent a lot of time considering just how much time would be best for him and two weeks has seemed like a long enough time to clear his head of the darkness that had remained. A smile did cross his maw as both alpha’s gave him their consent to take his trip but they did required one thing.  That it be a scouting trip and that he bring back a lot of information for them.  “Thank you both,” he said dipping his head in gratitude, “This means a lot to me and I hope that when I return I will be much better than I have been. I promise to bring back as much information as I can and to return to the cove safely. Is there anything specific you would like me to find out while I'm away?” He questioned to be sure he brought back exactly what they wanted.

Something else had been on his mind since Des had returned and while there were still some things to sort through he needed to ask.  Kajika had remembered how happy Des had been when Namid had her litter of pups before he had joined the cove. Now while he had them both together he wanted to ask them for something that he felt would make Des very happy. “I have something else that I would like to ask of you,” he began nervously.  “I do not have the right to ask this and under any other circumstances. I wouldn't but it's important that I do. I am not sure of where Des stands on this but I am asking for her and because I think it will make her happy.  I remember how happy she was when Neha, Cernan, and Aleister were born. I would like her to have the chance to experience the happiness that comes along with being a mother. So I am asking that if it is something she wants would you allow us the opportunity to try for pups this season?”

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2017, 04:56 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Namid seemed to be on the same page about their isolation and the importance of keeping tabs on the rest of the world in order to cover themselves should something go sour. The lakeside king doubted something like that would occur and have any true effect on the pack, but it was always wiser to be safe than sorry. Most importantly, though, was Namid requesting their beloved second return to them safe and sound which Vesper couldn't agree more with. No amount of information drowned out the importance of his safety.

A charcoal dusted shoulder shrugged nonchalantly at Kajika's question in regards to anything specific they would like him to learn about while away, but he believed anything he brought to them would be good enough. Allowing a warm smile to adorn his lips Vesper had just begun to think this conversation was drawing to a close when the ebony man spoke up again, a nervous tone going unmissed as he listened closely. I do not have the right to ask this - a familiar sense of unease filled the pit of his stomach much like the day; which wasn't long ago actually, Tagg and Moonshadow had approached them to ask for their blessing in trying for pups of their own.

Would you allow us the opportunity to try for pups this season? - Apparently, the plans Namid and himself had made not to have a litter this year had spread about the territory like wildfire, the agouti man unable to keep the sigh that fell from his lips. Already he had given one pair permission and despite having a greater relationship with the ebony man, it still rubbed him the wrong way partially to have his dominance questioned. Be it intentional or not and Des hadn't been back long either.

Uncertainty made its self in the form of a low rumble in Vesper's chest, but Kajika's request was not entirely tossed out. If anyone within the pack deserved a piece of their own happiness it was him. If only he had brought this to his attention sooner. "I don't know." He began, shifting his attention to Namid to study her reaction to how she was taking this sudden bombshell. "This is a big request and I have already granted permission to Moonshadow and Tagg to try for pups not long ago. I don't want everyone to think just because Namid and I don't try for a litter any given year that it gives others the opportunity to try on their own. Fallen Tree Cove is a pack that ultimately belongs to the Vuesains. Like we told Tagg and Moonshadow their pups will never succeed our bloodline although we are all family here." It was not a no, but a warning of sorts to remind Kajika; like he actually needed it, where he stood on the hierarchy chain of the pack.

Taking a deep breath and allowing Kajika some time to absorb this he exhaled slowly before continuing. "With that said I believe you have proven yourself to be a loyal member of this pack and will not take this for granted. I give you my blessing, but don't make me regret this. If worse comes to worse I will chase out competition. This is not a yes, though, unless Namid agrees as well." With that, his attention once more shifted to his mate.

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

When he questioned if there was anything that they needed him to ask or find she shook her head in reply. There wasn’t really anything that they needed to pass on to new packs and she knew Kajika was smart enough to fill in and make decisions if need be. At that point it felt to her and her husband that there wasn’t much else needed to be said. She had prepared herself to make her leave when Kajika posed another question, a light vibration in his voice hinting at nervousness. Her brows rose in question, a little bit of nervousness of her own seeping in. What else could he want? It didn’t take them long to find out.

He was asking them if they would give him and Des permission to have children? That was something that she found truly surprising as she hadn’t been aware that their relationship had been able to advance that much in the few shorts weeks that the tawny woman had been back. The pale queen was stunned for a moment, auds swiveling to catch her husband's words and she found herself agreeing with them. What would happen if they simply allowed everyone to have pups? Surely it would defeat the purpose of what they had set up here?

Then again, they had allowed Tagg and Moonshadow to breed because it had been the dark woman who had stepped up to save them in their time of need. They needed youth to keep the Cove going and their loyalty proved they could provide more loyal pups. Kajika had been here longer than both Moonshadow and Tagg and had proved himself worthy time and time again. If anyone deserved it more, it would be him. Upon her mate’s surprising approval she found herself nodding as well. “We do need to keep pups in the pack, but do bear in mind that this will likely be the only year you will be allowed to breed. We want the best for both of you, and as long as you promise to raise them to understand the rules we have in place then I give you my permission as well.”