(See All?) Announcements
747 Users Online
Google, Bing

momentarily out of action — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
It was early morning, she was still curled up against @Wraith. She figured Morganna might have been up early looking for food or keeping an eye out (no pun intended) for Odin's attacker. Piety was tempted to pull @Lorcan into the pile to keep her other side warm. That seemed like a lot of work, though. So she decided to lay in her current spot half awake. The gentle giant had always kept her warm and he certainly wasn't failing now. She could have probably laid like this forever but there were things to do and eventually, most everyone would be out of the den.

With a soft grunt, she rolled out of the dark fur of Wraith. Getting to her paws seemed to be a grueling task this morning. She did it anyway but didn't make it too far. A few wolf lengths outside of the den she laid back down. The stone below her sucked up the warmth that had been made in her slumber. Things had been changing around here. A small group of members had left which was both nice and worrying. She knew it meant fewer mouths to feed but it also meant fewer numbers for hunting. There were pro and cons to everything it seemed.

She should get up and help with those issues. Look for something to hunt or at least do a patrol. Yet instead she was stretched out in the cold dawn's light.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Dark lashes fluttered gently against the smooth curve of his cheek, roused awake by the single ray of sunlight that filtered in through the entrance to the main den. White brows frowned in contest, willing the golden light to angle away from his face so that he could drift peacefully back to sleep. Lorcan was curled up at the very back of the sleeping chamber, his body resting against the furthest wall for comfort. He would have been content to lay there for just a few more minutes, but the sunlight was persistent and eventually the healer grew irritated enough to dash the idea of sleep to one side. 

Clambering carefully over the pile of sleeping bodies, Lorcan slowly inched his way towards the entrance of the den, golden eyes straining against the bright sunlight. Dark nostrils flared as his head broke through the threshold, noticing the scent of @Piety hanging around just outside. With a long yawn, the agouti male shuffled sluggishly out of the den and smiled at the sight of the fair female sprawled out on the cold rock just ahead. Moving quietly towards her with an inquisitive flick of his tail, Lorcan proceeded to reach his muzzle out to brush it lightly through the soft fur behind her good ear. 

“Good morning.” He finally chuffed, stepping forwards to linger quietly beside her stretched out form. 
(This post was last modified: Feb 22, 2017, 10:05 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
She was never left alone with her thoughts for too long. Her eyes were closed but that touch and smell were too familiar. A smile pulled at her lips with ease as her tail slowly swept the ground beneath. "Good morning to you too." She angled her head to steal a glance at the healer before looking out again. Everything felt at peace despite nothing being calm within the Monadnock. Piety was more than content to relax like this all day. Soak up what sun she could before crawling off to sleep.

"I thought you'd be asleep for a little bit longer." She noted quietly. "I didn't wake you, did I?" She lifted her head to look at him for his answer. The pale female was positive she had snuck out in a silent fashion. She'd been careful not to step on tails or trip over limbs. Not to mention she was positive Lorcan had been asleep against the back wall. He of all wolves should have been spared of her clumsiness. Maybe she was overthinking it all. Perhaps he just happened to wake up around the same time at her. That was something she could handle.

Her legs stretched out as she yawned. The Santoro rested her head back down against the cool stone. She thought being out here would have helped her stay awake but she already felt like dozing off. Yet she couldn't just fall asleep. Not when Lorcan was around for conversation.
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
A soft smile graced his charcoal lips at her pleasant response and he looked down at her for a brief moment, catching the sunlight as it illuminated her earthy brown eyes. Lorcan rolled his shoulders and then bowed down into a long stretch beside her. He enjoyed mornings like this, when everything was so quiet and peaceful. Even more so now that they had lost some members, not that the healer was terribly bothered by their departure. He never did completely trust their intentions.

Russet ears perked forwards at Piety’s quiet voice and his chin tilted downward to angle towards her as he shifted up and out of his stretch. “No.” He breathed, a single brow raising quizzically before he smiled. “I was sound asleep, I didn’t hear you leave.” He added as he shifted down gently to sit sphinx-like beside her and cast his golden gaze over the horizon. “I don’t think I even heard you arrive last night.” He chuckled, glancing back towards her. “I’ve been so tired lately.” He admitted quietly, before placing his chin on his out-stretched paws.

Golden eyes stared curiously back out across the far horizon as he pondered what tasks to fill his day with.  The pack was still low on food, but the healer had been unsuccessful on the majority of his previous hunts. Casually he turned to look at Piety. “Have you got any plans for today?” He breathed, fully expectant for her to mention patrolling with Morganna. 
(This post was last modified: Feb 22, 2017, 10:44 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
She enjoyed that they were back to being like this. The casual conversations with nothing feeling forced and relaxing in the presence of each other. Piety would never admit how deeply she had missed him but she was almost positive he would be able to tell if he looked close enough. Even if she did busy herself with others she never blocked him out of her thoughts. He had been her first true friend here at Whitestone Monadnock. He had even been a helper and teacher to her. She was forever grateful for him.

His no was a nice surprise. The pale dove didn't speak yet, she let him have his turn as she listened with ease. She even laughed along with him as he proclaimed he didn't hear her come to bed. She hadn't been that late last night, had she? Had she already been tucked in waiting for Morg and Wraith? She couldn't exactly remember because it wasn't usually something she had to think about. "I have too. Might be because we all have to work so hard. I'm not even sure how you've been keeping up." She spoke kindly and tossed him a glance to let him know she didn't mean it rudely. "With all the injuries and everything. We couldn't ask for a better healer in our time of need you know." It was obvious she meant it. Piety was convinced there was no other healer in the world that could compare to the Monadnock's healer.

Her good ear perked at his question. She never had any plans unless someone needed her. The dove was well about doing what needed to be done and then some. "I don't think so. Might help Morganna out a bit with anything she needs. Guess I could see if Wraith wants to spar or scout." She went to go place her head on his back. "Why do you ask? You got something in mind?"
# C W T
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
He had missed that sound, the sound of her songbird laughter echoing around him. Immediately he was grateful that they had managed to work out their little misunderstanding. Whitestone wouldn’t be the same without her infectious trill. Lorcan nodded at her explanation and released a small sigh. Times had been tough recently, but that only made the healer more enthralled for the approaching spring. He could only hope that things would get better then.

Were it not for her kind tone, Lorcan might have taken her words offensively. He refrained from interjecting though, and allowed her time to continue. The male felt his cheeks grow warm at her compliment and he swept his tail along the cold stone behind him as he smiled bashfully. His smile began to turn down at the corner though and within a few heartbeats a concerned frown had overcome his features. “If I’m honest, I am not sure if I can keep up for much longer.” He admitted. “I have just enough plants left to tide Odin over for a few more days or so, but that's it.” He said, staring at his paws. “I don’t think we can afford another injury.” Golden eyes flickered back up to Piety, seeking her advice.

Piety’s response started as expected, but he hadn’t anticipated the mention of Wraith. His brow perked up at the novel information. “I didn’t know you sparred with Wraith as well?” His statement was almost posed as a question as he cocked his head to one side. “I was going to see if you would teach me some more hunting skills.” He responded with an awkward grin. 
(This post was last modified: Feb 26, 2017, 08:29 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
She noticed his concern but didn't disagree with it. Things had been a bit savage at Whitestone Monadnock lately. With a gentle smile, she nudged the healer's cheek. "Well here's to hoping everyone can keep themselves in line." Her smile turned into a mischevious smirk. "Or we'll fix that for them." The Santoro was positive that Lorcan could keep anyone he needed (and had permission) to keep in line. Although she also knew that Morganna and Craw wouldn't take much more misbehavior.

"Oh yeah." She stated like it was nothing. Didn't he ever see them? The duo didn't hide their spars or anything else very much.  "After Zahira I began sparring with Morg and Wraith. I wanted a perspective and tips coming from more than just one wolf." Her tail swished behind her slowly. Surely Lorcan would understand it. That had been a nasty challenge and Piety needed to defend her own rank as well as possible. "You're always welcome to join me and them." Maybe she could convince him to join in unless he preferred to stick to his plants.

Her face lit up at his next sentence. "I'd love to!" She was still working on gaining a role so having some hunting and teaching practice would be perfect. "What do you feel like working on?" Her head tilted to the side while she waited for his answer.
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan’s concern was subdued a little at the sight of Piety’s soft smile and gentle nudge. She always knew how to calm him and put a positive spin on things. The Whitestone healer could certainly learn a thing or two from her in that regard. Charcoal lips pulled into a playful grin at the woman’s feisty remarks and the male couldn’t help but let out a snigger. “Well Zahira won’t be a problem. I caught Askan dragging her into the woods after she tried to steal from their cache.” He glanced across to Piety to catch her reaction. “She looked like she’d taken a good beating.” He murmured, turning to gaze out across the lowlands at the trees which brimmed along its far edge.

Russet ears perked up at Piety’s confirmation. If he was honest, the idea of the woman sparring with Wraith did come as a surprise, as he had never been around to witness it. Still, he couldn’t argue with her reasoning. “Oh, have they been going well?” He asked casually, slightly disappointed that he hadn’t been involved — but then, as if she had read his mind, Piety offered him a chance to join. Inwardly he jumped at the thought, but outwardly he remained cool and composed. “Maybe, I’ll have to see, but it seems like you’ve got things covered for now.” He murmured softly. Truthfully, he didn’t want to intrude on an arrangement that had faired so well without him.

Piety’s enthusiasm was infectious and Lorcan found that his tail began to sway excitedly behind him when she agreed to help him on his hunting skills. “I was thinking I could use some advice on tracking and trailing, if you wouldn’t mind? He suggested, turning to the woman with a pleading gaze. 
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
feel free to fade and archive with your next post @Lorcan <3

A frown tugged at her lips when the name Zahira popped up. Even if someone else was taking care of Zahira, the dove still wanted to rip into the red woman with all she had. "Hopefully she learns a thing or two about manners." Piety spat her words with obvious distaste. She wasn't familiar with this Askan male but perhaps she owed him a thing or two if she ever ran into him.

She nodded her head when asked if the spars were going well. "I'm still learning." The pale Santoro commented softly in case he was going to think of her as some glorious fighter now. "Well, I mean," Her muddy eyes looked over at him for a moment before returning to the view out before them. "If you'd ever like to learn but don't wanna get involved with Wraith and Morganna teaching me I could always teach you one-on-one." Her tail swept across the cold ground with hopes that he'd say yes. She didn't want to make him feel left out.

Piety planted a quick lick on his cheek before rising to her paws. "Of course I don't mind, Lorcan. Come on. We can get started now." She set off and down the Monadnock's track to reach the bottom with a certain pep in her step. Surely her friend would follow along since he was the one who wanted to do this.
# C W T