547 Users Online
Google, Bing

Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Tagg

The day was growing closer that he would be leaving Fallen Tree Cove and though it was a short trip he was going into the lore. He'd traveled it so many times before but he couldn't be sure what would happen while he was away. It was important that he say whatever goodbyes he needed to before he left in case something did happen, he did not believe it would. It didn't hurt to be safe rather than sorry later. So with that thought there was one more member he had to say his goodbyes to no matter what his feelings were toward to man currently.

After taking care of his duties the previous night he waited in his makeshift den until he was sure Tagg was up and about. Deciding the border might be the best place to look for Tagg he headed off toward them. He'd only had to travel along to border a short distance before he picked up on the tawny man's scent and picked up his pace until he caught sight of him. “Tagg,” he called to get his packmates attention.

(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2017, 07:52 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Okay so since I don't know Vesper's answer yet, playing Tagg is kind of hard so sorry if this comes out as crap.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 239

Tagg had gotten up early that morning to head out for a walk.  He thought about waking Moon, but in the end decided he wanted to be on his own.  He somehow managed to keep his mind empty, not thinking about anything in particular.  He found himself at the border, gazing out into the land beyond.

What am I doing here? He wondered absently.  He didn’t really feel a desire to leave; he’d worked so hard to get here, and He knew if they left if might destroy his mate.  So why had he come to the edge of the territory?

He shrugged it off, deciding he might as well do a border patrol while he was here.  He began the rounds and hadn’t been at it very long when a familiar scent reached his nose. The scent was quickly followed by his name as the beta called to get his attention.

“Hello Kajika.” Tagg turned, smiling at his friend.  He didn’t feel much of anything at the moment, but it was just turning out to be that kind of day.  He felt hollow inside, which he supposed was due to his perseverance at thinking about nothing. “Care to join me on the border run?” He asked. Despite the numbness inside of him, he was glad to see his friend out and about and seeking him out on his own.  He hoped that meant Des’ return was indeed helping him to feel better.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
No worries.

The dark man was glad that it had not taken long to find Tagg as he wanted to return to his den sooner rather than later. Though he was hesitant to speak to the man due to the recent news he'd received Tagg was still a friend. Regardless of whatever feelings he had towards the man's relationship with Moonshadow. So it was important that he try to keep up with their friendship and say his goodbyes to the man before he left.

“That would be fine,” he said evenly as he fell into step with the tawny man. “I'm sorry I haven't been around much,” he started glancing at the man before letting his gaze drop to the ground once more. “Moonshadow gave me the news, I'm happy for you both,” he said adding that same cheerful note he'd used with Moonshadow and he added that smile he'd given her as he glanced up once more. It was the best he could do for the time being as he was still conflicted about all of it.

Kajika still held the hope that his trip would be the thing that would help him to get over all of it and then he could truly be happy for his friends. After Moonshadows revelation he still held that neither she nor Tagg would know how he really felt about her. As long as there was a chance their happiness could be ruined he would not be the one to do it. He still cared deeply for his ebony friend and did not want to see her hurt, he would protect her from it if he could in whatever way he saw fit.

(This post was last modified: Feb 28, 2017, 09:05 PM by Kajika.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Sorry I took so long.  Midterms. Also I power played Kajika walking with him.  If you want me to change it, let me know.

Word Count: 254

Tagg resumed walking, his beta at his side. He was so preoccupied with the conflicting feelings swirling through him that he almost didn’t catch Kajika’s words. The russet man was unsure of what good news Moon had shared; that they were mates or that they had the alphas’ blessing to start a family? Rather than accidentally drop something as big as pups on the beta without his mate there to share the joy with their friend, he opted for something simple. “Thank you.”

He was silent for a moment.  “How are you doing?” He asked finally. His friend had been upset as of late, and he was hoping the return of his former love interest might help.  He still felt that the man should take a vacation and get a change of scenery, however. “Have you talked to Vespertio about a break?”  He didn’t want to mention Des directly, in case things were not going so well and he made things worse by doing so.

He focused on watching the border, one ear turned towards Kajika to catch his reply while he tried to stuff his conflict down.  What would the beta do if he thought Tagg was unhappy with how things were panning out? He had threatened – no, it hadn’t been a threat, it was a promise – the veteran if he hurt Moon.  While the woman was not the source of his turmoil, he would find it hard to explain what was going on if the beta did pick up on it.  So he didn’t speak.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika had found the man he sought surely this one would be easier, saying goodbye to Tagg wouldn't be so emotional.  After all he was the one who told him he needed to take a vacation. However when it seemed that there might be something on the man's mind Kajika against his better judgement decided to say something. “Is there something bothering you Tagg?” He asked raised brow, “You know you can talk to me.” He offered it so that he could do for Tagg what the tawny man had done for him.  He had also congratulated his friend on the news of him gaining a mate in Moonshadow. Unlike his ebony friend it seemed Tagg would not question it, “You're very welcome, I hope the two of you find happiness in your new life.” There he'd said it and now they could move on from it.

The next thing to fall from Taggs lips wasn't unexpected after how down he'd been, his has he been “I think a little better. Des being back has helped she gave me some answers and Lunette she's been a big help and Moonshadow has been doing her best.  Between them I think it's really helped,” he told his friend offering a more genuine smile, “I'm also sorry about when you told me Des was coming back my behavior was...Well you know.” He felt he owed the man that much at the very least. “I did actually and as you thought he was fine with the idea however it's more of a scouting mission.” That was what had been decided and Kajika was fine with that, more than actually.  He was looking forward to meeting some new wolves.

Kajika was a little worried for his friend as they walked it seemed like something was on the man's mind.  He watched Tagg closely for any hint of what it might be but when he didn't see anything concrete he decided to wait and see but he wasn't going to give up.  They were friends and he hoped Tagg would feel comfortable enough to talk to him.

(This post was last modified: Mar 05, 2017, 03:01 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Sorry I took so long!

Word Count: 233

Tagg felt a little bad; his friend was still seeking answers to his own problems, yet here he was asking after his subordinate.  “It’s nothing serious… just a little confusion. It’ll sort itself out.” He smiled, hoping to dispel his beta’s worries.

He seemed to do so, as Kajika answered his own question.  The veteran was glad he was doing better; he was glad Des had come back.  An apology was offered, which took Tagg by surprise.  He shook his head.  “No apology necessary.  I understand why you reacted the way you did.  If you thought she was coming back and she decided not to…” He could sympathize. If their places were switched, he wasn’t sure he would be as well off as the beta was.  The darker man was strong.

The news that Kajika was going on a scouting trip pleased the russet man as well.  “At least you’ll be getting some fresh air.” He pointed out.  A scouting trip for the pack would be better than sitting around here thinking, though he didn’t voice this opinion. A thought struck him. “When do you leave?” He asked, thinking about the news he had to give him.  If he was going to be gone before then, maybe he shouldn’t wait… but no, he knew Moon would want to be there to tell him as well.  The betas were close, and Tagg didn’t want to interrupt that friendship.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Despite the difficulty he had with Tagg and Moonshadows relationship he knew that Tagg still considered him a friend and at the end of the day Kajika did feel the same about the tawny man.  So when if seem there was something wrong he felt he could at least inquire about whatever was bothering the man.  “If you're sure but you know you can talk to me about it as always.” He didn't know what it was and wasn't sure he wanted to know what it was but he still has a duty to his friends.

He also felt he owed Tagg an apology for his behavior where Des was concerned  as well as in general.  Kajika was aware that he hadn't been on his best behavior as of late, “Thank you for your graciousness and I thank you for understanding why has has behaved as I had.  I suppose it just wasn't something I was ready to face yet.” Now Des was back and he had some answers to his questions. He also no longer needed to find closer for her disappearance because she had given it to him.

The news that he was leaving the cove went well with Tagg but then it had been the tawny man's suggestion. He nodded at the man's words, “Clear my head at little.  I believe it will be a good chance for me to come to terms about a few things as well.”  He explained the reason for his journey of course he couldn't go into much detail but a little was better than none. “Soon, a few days,” he told, “I figure I will go do what I need to and come back so I can be here if needed later.” More if Des might need him, he still needed to talk to her about what he'd learned from their Alphas.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2017, 05:14 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 220

Tagg appreciated Kajika’s concern, he really did, but for the moment it was something he needed to keep to himself. If he was going to discuss it with anyone, Moonshadow had the right to hear it first.  So he just nodded as Kajika reminded him he was always there and moved on.

Though he was sad his friend would be absent for a while, the russet man knew his friend needed the air.  He did his best not to show his disappointment, in the off chance he’d already spoken to Moon.  He was sure his mate would be less than thrilled to know her teacher would be gone.  He wondered if she knew it was Tagg who had suggested it originally.  He thought it best not to bring it up.  “Just a few days?” He asked, mind brought back to the current conversation.

So he was leaving just in time for the season.  He couldn’t help but think it was too much of a coincidence; had he planned it this way?  The veteran supposed he couldn’t blame him; if they hadn’t got the alphas’ blessing, he might have needed to take some time away just to make sure he didn’t do something he regretted.  Fortunately, permission was given and he had nothing to worry about.

Not on that front, at least…

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Something seemed to be bothering Tagg, Kajika didn't have any idea what it could be so he'd done the only thing he could.  The dark man had offered to talk about it with the tawny man as they had done before. The man had turned him down however so Kajika left it at that and instead went on to explain about his trip.  What else was he supposed to do if Tagg didn't want to share what was bothering him.  It left Kajika wondering if perhaps he had managed to push Tagg away and for some reason that bothered him.

It seemed Tagg didn't have much to say on the matter of his trip either, so was he mad Kajika had taken him up in his advice? It was hard to tell what was going on so Kajika was left with answering simply, “Two weeks.” The dark man then fell silent for a few moments not sure what else to say.  He suddenly had the distinct feeling he was bothering the tawny man and wondered if he should go. All he was trying to do was show him the courtesy a friend should but he wondered if they were friends anymore. Kajika tried reading Tagg's face for some clue on how he was feeling but to no avail.  “Well I suppose I will go.  I just wanted to let you know and say goodbye so goodbye.  I guess I'll be going now, sorry if I've bothered you,” he finally said and with a nod he turned to leave.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2017, 07:26 PM by Kajika.)