537 Users Online
Bing, Google

keep chaos at bay. — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
How does Namid do it?

She has a mate, idiot, her mind answered a moment later, and the woman couldn’t help but roll her eyes at herself. Yes, that probably did help, regardless if she intended to have puppies in the spring or not. This was yet another season, and yet another heat, rolling through and leaving the small female running for the hills. There was no reason to, not in particular. None of the males in Fallen Tree Cove had acted even remotely interested, much less inappropriately -- and none of females seemed to be overly dominant, either.

It was habit, maybe.

Or maybe it was time spent with Orin.

A forcible shiver ran through the woman’s body, a sharp contrast to the overwhelming warmth that spread from toes to nose, and she picked up an awkward lope as she traced the trails, just like she used to. It was familiar. It felt good. Hopefully, she could burn up enough energy and sleep peacefully tonight, away from the pack, like always, but no further away than she had been in the past. That would be nice. Be good. Good thoughts, she was going to think good thoughts. This was Fallen Tree Cove. Nothing bad ever happened here.
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The time has come for him to go, leave the cove though it was only a short time it still didn't feel right to the beta.  He'd said his goodbyes or at least most of them so as dawn filtered through the trees of the cove Kajika rose from his den and made his way to the border.  He was off to Oak Tree Bend to speak with their alphas first and surprisingly he was a little nervous to be leaving for such an extended period of time. He kept telling himself that this was what was needed, sometime away to give him a chance to think things through and finally get over the funk he'd been in for months.

Choosing to go through Poison path on his way to Oak Tree Bend he was surprised to find Des’s scent there.  It had been so long since they had both been there.  There was something else that hadn't escaped him either as he came out onto the path where he found Des, “Do you remember the time we sparred here?” Asked by way of a greeting.  His tail waving high over his back when he saw her, “What are you doing up here so early?” He asked out of curiosity.

His trip could wait a little longer while he said his goodbyes to her.

(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2017, 11:59 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
“Yeah, of course. This is one of my favorite places.”

Still, after everything. But this place had only happy memories, didn’t it? Sparring with Kajika, practicing to be a runner for the leaders of Fallen Tree Cove. When things fell apart, it wasn’t here, and perhaps the sanctity of this special place. Perhaps that was part of the reason she hadn’t jolted when the beta had come upon her, and instead turned to greet him with a small wag of her tail. Perhaps the run was starting to help her feel better, too. The woman did not feel the need to crawl out of her skin, not at this moment, not near him.

Ears flicked at the question, tipping her head to one side. “Dunno. Woke up early, I guess. I just – it’s spring. You know.” Des didn’t exactly want to spell it out – she might be a full grown wolf, but it still seemed kind of…weird. Especially when she wondered just where she stood with the guy. Ears flicked again and she huffed, shifting her weight from foot to foot. “All hot and bothered,” she settled with, “so I thought I’d come out on the borders. Burn some energy. Be useful.”
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

A smile crossed his face when she admitted to remembering how they had sparred there, “I've been coming here a lot lately,” he admitted.

It was one of his favorite places too because of her, the memories that it held for him didn't cause him so much pain with her back.  Being there with her once again brought it all back but in a better light this time. It was as they once were before it had all went really bad for him. He looked over where the nightshade would soon grow again before looking back at her, “Maybe we can again some day,” he mused allowed.  Perhaps when he returned and like with Lunette he had a moment where he wished he wasn't leaving so he could stay with Des.  Again he reminded himself it was for her that he was doing this.

The fact that it was spring and the scents around the cove had changed had not escaped the dark man. It caused something to stir inside him and made it even harder to leave though he knew he should be going soon. “Yes, finally it is spring,” agreed, “And soon everything will be coming back,” he added as he once again looked over the landscape around them.  His brow raised as she mentioned being hot and bothered, “I've been feeling a little of that too,” he said taking a few steps forward, “Has coming out here helped?”

(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2017, 01:56 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
Can what someday?

For a moment, Dezzy wondered if the other wolf realized he’d spoken out loud, or if it was simply a thought that had escaped his lips without his mind’s explicit permission. Deciding to shrug it off, she shuffling in place instead, the itch under her skin becoming almost unbearable once again. Still for only a moment, and here she was! Ugh. The woman gave a mighty shake, fuzz flying from her winter coat, but that did nothing to ease the dull ache just below the surface, as well.

So. Was it better than it was before? The woman shrugged again. “I guess,” she decided, even if the answer was vague at best. There were still many more days of this to shoulder, she knew – it was only the very first signs of spring, and this always seemed to last at least a moon. The very thought made her ears flatten, and she gave a soft sigh. But it could be worse, she had to remind herself. She wasn’t with Crow’s Crossing. “Would be better if I could do more running. But something is better than nothing,” she finally decided, mouth twisting sideways. At least she wasn’t trapped. At least the alphas of the lake let her move.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

As much as he didn't want to leave everyone behind especially Lunette and Des he was almost glad to be getting away.  The tension in the females not to mention their intoxicating scents that drove him mad. Even more so than he had been feeling over the past months, it would be good to get away from that.  Still he was sure he would come across it during his travels.  Like the other females in the pack Des too had come into season and the question he'd asked if their alphas played in his mind. The question was did she want pups, he hadn't asked her before consulting Vespertio and Namid but having an answer before bringing it up he thought was better.

Her answers about whether the running was helping weren't very convincing, a smile crossing his lips. Feeling rather bold and wanting to make himself clear he stepped forward and placed a kiss on her cheek.  He buried his nose into the fur of her neck and inhaled her scent which helped give him the courage to go on.  He then met her gaze, “If you would like maybe I could help out with how your feeling?” He suggested in a low tone. It was most certainly not his normal self but he wanted to make sure she knew he was clearly interested in her. Just the thought that she might be receptive of his offer though he knew she might be worried about the repercussions which was why he'd asked before hand he wanted things to go naturally with Des.

(This post was last modified: Mar 12, 2017, 01:53 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
Well, well, well. He was feeling rather bold today, wasn’t he? Was this the same Kajika she’d accidentally left behind all those seasons ago? No, she didn’t think so – but maybe the beta wolf had changed for the better, where she was rather doubtful she’d done the same. Heat prickled where he pressed his nose, racing down her cheek and across her spine, as if the simple touch lit up every last nerve in her entire body. For all that she did not want to be touched, Kajika was the exception to every rule; when he pressed his nose into her ruff, she simply sighed, feeling some of the tension drain out of her shoulders.

Just having him near made her feel a little better – but that offer? Even back then, she wouldn’t have expected it. Her ears flicked forward and back, and the woman took a step back, her brows pressed together as she studied the swarthy male. Had he lost his mind? (Had her heat driven the sense right out of his skull?) “I-- Kajika-- I-- It doesn’t matter what I want, yeah? That isn’t— Safe.” The what ifs all swirled around her skull, rattling around, roaring louder than her thundering heart. “We aren’t alphas. We can’t. We can’t. I just got back, if things happened-- They’d kick me out again. I don’t--”

I don’t wanna leave.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

In the back of his mind he was reminded she could snap on him at any moment and he would have to leave her alone.  As he pressed his nose into her fur he waited, inhaling her scent and letting it push him forward.  When she did not snap at him but merely looked at him clearly confused by what he was suggesting.  It was something that under any other circumstances he would never, ever suggest.  Create a chance where they could end up with puppies and being ousted.  She was worried about that happening and it was understandable that she would be.

Kajika stepped forward placing a kiss on her crown and nuzzling her cheek before brushing his muzzle under her chin to lift her head a little. “You needn't worry about getting kicked out as I have ensured that you can have what you want this season," he told her.  He had taken care of it all before the season had started and now it was time for her to know she didn't have anything to worry about.  He brushed his body against hers before stopping with his mouth close to her ear, “What will it be Des, I’ve gotten us the permission will you allow yourself to enjoy this, help me to help you?” He asked in a tone that made it very clear it was what he wanted. He certainly hoped she would take him up on his offer as he believed it was one she couldn't pass up.

(This post was last modified: Mar 12, 2017, 06:25 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
The female was frozen, even as Kajika tries to reassure her with kisses and nuzzles. It felt vaguely like she’d left her body entirely, and she was simply watching as the beta offered little niceties. Somewhere, deep in her mind, a little voice begged for it to stop – on instinct only, the burn just under her skin flaring up for each little touch as the fraction of her mind untouched by the heat of the season watched in horror as she lost all control.

No no no no no no no.

All at once, Desideria snapped back inside her head like someone had fired a rubber band and launched her. Her ears flipped backwards and she slammed on the breaks, throwing it into reverse as she put at least two lengths between herself and the beta. “You asked ‘em? Before asking me? And he just…what? Assumed she’d want this? To be bred? To make puppies? Like a good omega ought to?

Had she even left Crow’s Crossing at all?

All her fur prickled against her, the heat flaring and coiling in the pit of her stomach. Des felt like she might be sick. All this time, she actually thought Kajika was her friend, but were they just pretty words? Did he just want to use her for puppies, too? Was that all she was?

“I don’t-- It ain’t-- Not helpin’,” she gasped, a woman without air, and she turned, setting her feet back to the path. She had to run. Run, and run, and run, and maybe someday, she’d outrun her demons.

Des will leave unless Kajika follows her.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She had seemed receptive of his attentions as he let her scent lead him forward with small touches, a kiss to her crown, nuzzle of her cheek.  When he lifted her chin it was to explain to her what he'd done, that he had taken care of everything in case something like this happened and they wanted to go further they wouldn't have to worry about getting permission. He thought things were going well between them and that she was just as happy with what was happening bad he was. Then something happened and things weren't going very well at all as she stopped any affection he was giving her.

He thought he had done something good, something she would appreciate.  It became clear that maybe he had overstepped and that he should have spoken to her first.  The words that she spoke only made that more clear, “Yes, I wanted it to be a surprise. I thought you might want the chance to be mother and that having a child all your own might bring you some happiness.” He explained hoping she heard his words. “Des please, I'm sorry if I hurt you it wasn't my intention.” He tried to help her to understand this motives for what he'd done feeling horrible that he'd upset her so.

He watched her wondering what was going on in her head what wasn't she saying but all he got was a jumble of words that he didn't really understand before she'd run off down the path.  He worried he might have ruined things between them for good.  Kajika knew he needed to leave but he also couldn't leave for two weeks with things ending as they had.  Without much thinking he went after her, “Des, stop please let me explain. I want to talk to you about this.” He called after her as he tried to close the distance.

He hoped she would stop and at least allow him a small chance to make what he'd done better before he left.   He worried that if he left with things this way between them there wouldn't be a way to repair the damage he'd done.

(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2017, 09:54 PM by Kajika.)