545 Users Online
Google, Bing

daydream melody — Firefly Weir 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
Edit: Warning, thread gets a little risque

Winter still dragged on in it's usual persistence, with cold nipping at noses and flurries of snow still falling from the sky. But change was in the air, on the wind, rustling in the trees and leaving a staticy sensation along Eskil's skin. Going into his fourth year, he was no stranger to the changes the turning of the season brought on the land and its residents. 

The atypical outbursts from the typically stoic woman hadn't gone noticed by the Whitebark man. Eskil took it in stride, giving Asha as much space as she needed or as much companionship as she wanted. She seemed to be in a more playful sort of mood that day, with a little more of a bounce in her step and swing in her tail. In a more pessimistic sort of mindset, Eskil might of thought she was taunting him, trying to waft her undeniably tempting scent in his direction with each waggle of her tail. Instead, he simply enjoyed the perfume and the feral fire it lit in his belly. He had no intentions of acting on his urges, but at least he could savor the feelings.

Eskil was in good spirits as well. He trotted forward, a little emboldened by the heady rush of hormones that had taken hold within the past few days. Grinning, he reached out, nipping his teeth into her rump before dashing forward, his tail wagging in a catch-me-if-you-can banner and paws thundering as they beat the snowy ground. She was quicker, but he had the element of surprise on his side.
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2017, 05:07 AM by Eskil.)
Played by Van who has 61 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Asha Maren
Whoops look who couldn't resist replying @Eskil

Asha was hating almost every moment of this. What the hell was wrong with her?! She was committing malfeasance after malfeasance, and she was disgusting even to herself. Growing up, she'd known that every woman went through a specific time during the spring where they would be ready to have pups. Normally, wolves had just been allowed to... well, to do as they pleased. More pups meant more opportunity to find strong wolves for the pack, and the alphas - particularly Baal - had welcomed that. The females would parade themselves to any male who would look their way, and seeing it the year before had genuinely disgusted Asha. She had not been old enough at the time to experience the hormones and changes that the adults had gone through that year - thank goodness - and she had been stupid enough to think that this was a sort of mind over matter thing.

Gross, disgusting, wrong.

This year was very different than last. It was weird, not being in full control of herself, and the colorless wolf despised it. One minute, she'd want to play chase and tussle and have fun, and the next she'd come back into reality and drive away the only male she even had around. Although she was much more angry at herself than him. She found that she didn't want Eskil to leave, no matter if she was angry or playful or upset. He was good to have around - she wouldn't have stuck with him for the past two weeks if she thought otherwise.

But this... this nonsense that spring brought with it... it was bad. Dangerous. Something that Ash had never thought she'd stoop to.

She hadn't even noticed that she was in a good mood that day. There was a bit of a bounce in her walk, a bit of a lilt in her voice, and a bit of a wag in her tail that she was completely unaware of. Her mind was too focused on all the wrongness of it that she couldn't pay attention to her physical self at all, and even less on Eskil. She didn't know that she smelled different, or that she was inadvertently causing turmoil within her friend. All she knew was that she hated everything about this.

Sharp teeth met her rump and instinctually, Ash's tail tucked and her body stilled, waiting for a reprimand or punishment. But, instead, she saw a flash of gray and brown as Eskil bolted past her, tail waving in the air. Playing, as they had done several times over the past few days. It was a weird concept; completely unknown to the monochrome girl. It was the only good thing about this whole situation, but the young woman had trouble even letting herself enjoy that.

She was about to restrict herself; to stop herself from chasing after her companion and going back to an emotionless state. But her body had other ideas. Before she gave herself permission, she took off after him, her own tail whipping behind her as she gradually closed the distance between the two of them. She was faster, and though she'd had a disadvantage, she caught up rather quickly and skidded to a halt directly in front of him, her breath coming out in puffs and a genuine smile on her lips.

"That was a dirty trick," she panted, her silvery-blue eyes scanning the larger wolf up and down as her tail wagged behind her. "You didn't even give me a fair chance. Could've at least warned me." Subconsciously, the girl patted the ground with her forepaws lightly, her rump higher and tail wagging so hard it thumped her flanks. The typical play position that all canines took when they were in a good mood.

Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
@Asha

It was a daring move on his part, not knowing how his lady companion would react to the unsolicited touch. Just because Asha been bright and bouncy moments before did not mean the lightheartedness would last. Mercurial moods were part and parcel of the season, and a male had to be careful with his advances if he wanted to keep his family jewels intact. He wasn't quite sure what he was doing, playing the games that he was. They were just friends, weren't they? 

But he didn't have long to think about it before the monochrome woman caught up with him, intercepting his path and again overwhelming his senses with her sweet scent. Eskil ducked his head at Asha's reprimanding, but he could hear the good nature in her voice. It seemed he'd gotten off not too badly for his little stunt.

Eskil's pearly, devious teeth showed in a playful grin. He chuckled, a deep rumble that shook his shoulders. "Okay, I'll give you a warning next time." He leaned down, reciprocating her bow, his paws outstretched against the snowy ground as his backside held high and tail waving in the air. "So here's your fair warning!" He laughed, springing forward and poking her chin with his nose. He bounced back, trotting lightly with the bouncy step of a spring fawn as he retreated. He didn't run too fast, not minding if she caught him. Confronted by the lakeshore, Eskil kept going, bounding over the ice and whirling to face the woman who'd no doubt given chase. 
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Asha Maren

The darker man seemed content to play with her, and for once in a very long time Asha let her feelings take over her logic as she gave chase, going slow as to make sure the game would last for a while. She followed him out onto the ice, but she didn't expect him to spin around, and there wasn't enough traction for her to stop her momentum. She slid the rest of the way and ended up skidding into him; not hard enough to knock them down but close enough that she would have been highly uncomfortable with the proximity, under normal circumstances. Her nose was pressed up under his chin, and her chest was flush against his.

Disgusting. Weak. Abnormal.

She ignored the words echoing in her head and gave his ear an affectionate nip before hopping once backward, tail waving and held high in a playfully dominant position. She growled and nipped at his muzzle. "Why aren't you doing the pursuing? Isn't that how this is supposed to work?" she rasped, her voice husky and a little breathy from exertion, before she sprung at him, fully ready to play wrestle him down to the ground. He was stronger, but she was fairly sure he'd let her pretend for a moment. She mouthed his muzzle gently and lifted her head. "Nevermind. I like this better."

Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
Maybe stopping on slick ice wasn't such a good idea. The unstoppable force that was Asha met the not-quite-immovable object that was Eskil. Luckily the man was bigger and with claws sunk into the ice he managed to only skid back a few inches. 

Cream fur mingled against grey, and with their bodies pressed together Eskil could feel the warmth of her skin against his. Asha's hot breath tickled his throat and he held back a gasp. His head spun and his heart was beating hard enough he was sure she could hear it through the walls of his chest. Nevermind, this was a good idea. 

She nipped at his ear, and just like that the contact was gone. He stepped forward, his body craving her touch again before he stopped himself, his tail swishing as he watched her with hungry green eyes. Her voice, husky and low, was just about his undoing. His tongue hung out in a breathy pant. "Is that so? Guess you'll just have to teach me." He rumbled, his tail swishing playfully.

As Asha leapt towards him, Eskil made a play at running. His paws moved against the ice, dancing beneath him, but it was obvious that his attempt at escape was halfhearted. He braced his paws against her body, but easily the large male was overturned. Pushed to the ground, his skin was humming with tension as their bodies pressed together, the ice at his back contrasting with the heat above him. He growled pleasurably as her teeth grazed lightly over his muzzle. "Well, you've got me, now what are you going to do with me?" He purred, looking up into her ice blue eyes. "I'm sure I could come up with some things, if you're having trouble," He rumbled, surprised by what was coming out of his own mouth but not quite able to stop himself. 
Inactive Deceased
Asha Maren

Her chest was fluttering and she was enjoying looking into his green eyes far more than she normally would. Her nose was pressed against his and her breath was coming out stuttered and halted, and she was feeling way too many emotions at the exact same time. This weird longing and adoration for this man below her, this odd excitement and fear and wildness that she'd never experienced before.

She was about to tell him exactly what she was about to do to him, when a memory of her mother pinning her to the ground like she was pinning Eskil, but her dam's jaws were breaking the skin on her throat and leaving scars that would last for the rest of her life - all because she'd shown emotion at the death of her father. She'd thought she'd loved her mother, at the time, but now she realized she had just feared her real mother and loved the idealized version of her that she had formed in her mind.

But she was right about one thing. Emotions did make you weak.

All of a sudden, the monochromatic being's heart dropped in her chest and tears sprang, unbidden, to her eyes. She stood above the man, her tail stilling and her eyes drifting to one side of her companion's head. She blinked a few times to reign in the tears, and set her jaw firmly before forcing herself off of Eskil. She felt dirty, weak, and out of control, and that was absolutely not at all okay. She tucked her tail and turned her back on her friend, every muscle in her body tensed.

"Sorry" she breathed, voice stilled at an attempt to be monotonous but instead wobbled toward the middle of the word. "I don't know what came over me."

Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
The tears in her eyes were like a bucket of icewater, all fiery thoughts and primal passions quenched as she pushed away from him. Eskil lay prone for a moment, shocked, before slowly rolling to his paws and standing. His head drooped low, ears pricked forward as he listened to her soft, pained words. Words that tasted like regret.

Shit, he inwardly cursed. He liked Asha, in a way he hadn't fully come to terms with yet. He hadn't meant to hurt her, and yet here he was acting like a hormone crazed dog. He couldn't see inside her mind, and it was clear that she'd lived through unpleasant things before, even if she spoke no word of it. He couldn't tell what had triggered her, but had to assume the most obvious option that his advances hadn't been entirely welcomed.

The lesser creature in him wanted to slink off, tail between his legs, and lick his metaphorical wounds. He couldn't just leave her like that, though he would understand if she was done with him. Slowly he stepped forward, standing back behind her shoulder.

"Asha, shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, ah," He hesitated, his ears folding flat against his head. Didn't mean to what exactly? He'd known exactly what direction things were going. "I'm sorry, I was acting like a boor. I really like you as a friend... I don't want to ruin that." He sputtered in apology. He took a deep breath. "But if you're done with me, I understand." He said steadily.
Inactive Deceased
Asha Maren

"It's not you," she stated immediately, spinning around and looking up at him with wide silver-blue eyes. "You didn't do anything wrong. You're a wonderful friend. I just..." She trailed off, glancing away uncertainly before meeting his gaze once more in resolve. "I don't want anything more. I can not do this, and I'm sorry. I was acting like such a whore." She really was, too. Behaving like those disgusting women back in her old pack... she never thought she'd stoop that low.

She cleared her throat and took a deep breath before turning her back once more. "You should find another female, if that's what you're after. Then come back and meet me again after March. We can go find your sister then." She truly did like Eskil, as a friend and possibly even...

No.

No, she did not like him as any more than just that - a friend. A companion, even. They were travelling partners. She was helping him find his sister, not behaving like a cheap bitch who'd throw herself off at just anybody.

She was so disgusted with herself that she felt like she was going to throw up.

Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
As Asha turned around to face him, Eskil's dark eyes sought out hers, trying to decipher the emotions settled in those pale depths. There was nothing good there, all the joy and mirth of earlier drained away, leaving cold blue. Despite her claim he did nothing wrong, he still had his doubts. He was the one who had started this whole mess. He wasn't sure why his mind was lingering on 'don't want anything more', like a scratched record repeating itself. He'd said it himself, she was a friend.

Eskil sharply exhaled as her words quickly turned to self flagellation. They'd had a bit of fun, nothing more than that, and here she was beating herself up like she'd been with the whole of Relic Lore. Not that he would have cared if she had, for that matter. He hated to think, had they gone through with it, what names she would have for herself then. 

"Asha," He cautioned, his mouth setting in a firm line. "Don't say that about yourself. It's not true."

Eskil shook his head roughly. "That's not what I want." He said, a pained look crossing his scarred face for a fleeting moment. Did she think he was a whore, too? It wasn't about that, he wasn't a Lothario just looking to get his rocks off. He'd gotten comfortable with her, and they'd both let their guards down. "I don't need any of that. I just... want to be with you." He exhaled, his shoulders slumped.