(See All?) Announcements
685 Users Online
Bing, Google

stake my claim — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The scent of the numerous females atop the monadnock was driving him to distraction. Lorcan had risen early in an attempt to avoid his female pack mates as they picked their way down from the rocky plateau to drink at the small lake which sat at the end of the old abandoned goat track. Right now his plan was to distract himself by carrying out random pack tasks, such as scouting along the marked borders.

Shuffling his paws behind him to redistribute snow over the side of the fifth boulder that he had marked with his scent, Lorcan turned around to give it a good sniff to check the potency of his golden liquid. With any luck it would keep the lone males away at least, making them realise that wolves like him were around to defend the females which nestled atop the snow covered plateau. The healer didn’t think he would be able to forgive himself if something should happen to any of his friends on his watch.

Satisfied with his job, the Whitestone subordinate continued on his rounds, moving briskly to quicken his pace. Perhaps if he wore himself out enough, he wouldn’t be as eager to listen to what the animalistic voices in his mind were telling him to do. 
(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2017, 09:23 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Brian who has 77 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Saradathia Kethian

She wasn’t sure what was going on, one day everything had seemed fine, but the next, there was a fire burning under her pelt that Saradathia couldn’t explain, the scent in the den had become overwhelming. Trying to escape it, she had slunk out, grateful for the excuse of watching the sunrise if anyone had questioned it. Unsure if she was being ill or not, she had come from the arctic, where the only heat she was familiar with was body heat and the rare cases when the sun had shone long enough to warm some stones to lay upon.

Stopping by the small lake, she drank her fill,  blinking as she caught her silver gaze in the reflection, she had an idea. The water was cold, she was hot, logically, it would do her a lot of good to plunge herself into its icy depths. Glancing around, satisfied that there wasn’t anyone around to witness, the arctic wolf started with a single paw, as soon as she felt the cool relief, she plunged head first into the cool depths.

After a few moments of nothing, Saradathia growled in frustration, shivering slightly as she pulled herself out, the only thing the water had down was douse her skin, but not extinsigh the damn irritation she felt. Was she getting sick? There was only one way to know, she’d have to find Lorcan, the pack’s medic HAD to have some kind of cure for what was aligning her, there was no way she could think clearly with the persistent sensations coursing through her. She gave her soaked fur a few good shakes before setting off in search of the male.

Eventually, she had lucked out, finding her pack mate’s scent along the borders, she trailed after him quickly, the scent becoming stronger and stronger, the quicker she ran, lengthened her strides to eat up the snow between her and her new prey. There! she thought, the medic’s tawny pelt coming into view, she skidded to a stop and quickly walked after him calling “Lorcan, Please, I need you.”

(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2017, 08:41 PM by Saradathia.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
He had smelt her long before he heard her approach.

That sweet intoxicating scent had carried its way through the cool tundra breeze and set his nose on fire. The agouti male had kept moving though, hoping that if he did so, he would save himself the awkward encounter. Alas, that was to be.

Russet ears swerved around to direct behind him at the sound of footfall, and then soon after the familiar voice that called out for him – pleaded him. Stopping in his tracks, he swerved his head around to look behind him, his golden eyes failing to hide the anxiety he felt in that very moment. “Sara..” He breathed, voice verging on a whine, his golden gaze searching to meet her eyes of molten silver. Need me? What do you need me for?” He questioned, his tone slightly guarded as he crossed his forepaws over to turn around and face the younger female.

His nostrils flared as he inevitably inhaled her attractive scent and his ears pressed back against his crown as he felt his mouth begin to water. Shuffling subtly on his paws, he allowed his gaze to linger on her smaller form only a brief moment at a time before he diverted his gaze to the snow at her paws, not wanting to get too drawn in by her feminine appeal. 
# P O R C A N
Inactive II. Subordinate
Saradathia Kethian
Unaware of just how badly her scent was tormenting the male, Saradathia titled her head at his odd behavior, always looking away and antsy. The almost whine caused her to worry, at his words, she nodded, taking a step forward, she brushed her side against his flank, glancing upward with a nervous look. “Y-yea….Lorcan..I think I’m getting sick...I woke up, there was this unbearable itching all through my pelt, like a fire burning and nothing I do seems to sate it...so I thought of you...I need you Lorcan.”

Shuddering slightly as another wave of sensation shot through her body, the female groaned “Do you have anything that can get rid of this? I’m not even sure what it is but...I’m kind of scared lorcan, it’s like my own body is fighting me for something.” Growing up, Saradathia hadn’t much experience with the heat cycles of her packmates, the atmosphere in her old pact had done a great job of stressing them out to the point that it hadn’t been much of an issue but down here..her naivety was showing badly, she just wanted to get rid of the wretched feeling.
(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2017, 10:12 PM by Saradathia.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
It quickly became apparent that Saradathia did yet understand why he was acting a little distant. The curious look she gave him said it all. She was young and naïve, much like he had been when approaching Morganna the day before. Now though, he knew better and he knew that regardless of all her whining and pleading that there was little he could actually do to help.

He could do little to stop her from brushing up against him, her movements were too swift and fluid to allow him any chance of avoiding her advances. The feeling of her warm body brushing up against his as she described her symptoms caused his fur to stand on end as his skin prickled with excitement. His body yearned to lean into her smaller form and for a brief second he felt himself slowly inching in closer, drawn in by her intoxicating scent and the familiar warmth of her body.

A heartbeat later and he snapped back to reality. No. This wasn’t right. He was here to protect her, not to be seduced by her. Lorcan offered her soft nuzzle along her back for comfort. The symptoms she described to him went some way to explain the increased irritation that some females exhibited.

Turning to look at her as she groaned, his ears pressed against his crown awkwardly. “You’ve come of age, Sara. It’s your hormones.” He responded, salmon pink tongue sweeping anxiously across his maw. “and I’m afraid I don’t know of any herbs that can fix this…” He admitted, shuffling slightly on his paws as he diverted his gaze to the scenery behind her to distract himself. 
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2017, 06:59 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
she's just lurking, for now <3

Piety was on the hunt for two different someones. Wraith and Morganna. The first would be of great help to her current issue and the second was just damn good company. Yet as she fumbled around the lands in a bit of a frenzy she found two scents mingling together. Lorcan and Saradathia. She was quick to follow the trails until she was a few wolf lengths away from the pair. Her gaze wasn't judgemental but it was harsh. The pale dove's tail slowly raised knowing that Lorcan might be the only one to see her right now.

She stood away from the little group to merely watch their interaction. It seemed they were already a little friendly. The tattered dove didn't have much room to complain about being friendly but at least Morganna had practically passed her to Wraith's care. While one might have seen it as strange, Piety understood the concept enough to know it was affectionate from both parties.

With a low snort, she kept her eyes locked on them. Her strong stance was unwavering. She would stay as long as she pleased. Even if this was intended to be a private little gathering for the healer and hunter Piety was making herself an exception.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive II. Subordinate
Saradathia Kethian
The arctic wolf’s response to Lorcan’s disappointing news was another groan, almost a desperate whine, great, all she had now learned was that it was natural, but that didn’t make the constant burning any easier to bear. She pressed herself further into the medic’s side with another groan, though it quickly turned into a low growl of frustration as she flopped over into the snow “How long does it last? I don’t think I can stand much more of this.

Unaware that they were being admired from afar by a packmate, Sara had no issues acting like this, she trusted Lorcan and felt safe enough around him to let her guard down, though, these hormones were starting to mess with her head as her molten gaze took in the view of Lorcan from this angle, the way the sunlight broke across his fur….she blinked, growling again and pulling herself to her paws, uncomfortable now that her already confused feelings seemed to be multiplying. “Is there anything? We can do?” though if she knew just what those words could imply, she wouldn’t be so quick or desperate for a cure to the heat, she had no plans to piss off the alphas by breeding, if she had known what the term meant beyond the dept of having puppies, just unaware that this was the first stages of that.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Russet ears perked up at his question and for a moment he considered an answer, though truthfully he did not know. The agouti male stood rigid as the smaller white female advanced closer to press into his side. He tilted his chin down to glance at her and his tail began to sway slowly behind her as his nose brushed through her arctic fur. Nostrils flared as he inhaled another breath of her intoxicating scent for a moment before his eyes caught her smaller figure as she flopped over into the snow, snapping him out of his thoughts.

“I don’t know..” He murmured, russet ears falling back against his head as he took a couple of steps backwards and pushed his tail awkwardly between his legs when he realised that he’d been tempted to investigate her scent for just a second. His guilty gaze flickered to the scenery ahead of him to distract himself and his ears perked up the instant he spotted Piety. Her stance was bold, almost challenging as she stared at him. Golden eyes widened as he looked past Saradathia, towards the other female, his heartbeat quickening by the second. Oh no, this must have looked so bad!

The male’s attention flitted back to Sara for a second, briefly catching her last question. Her words, though innocent enough, made him blush and he found his eyes glancing back up to Piety in horror as he grew more and more uncomfortable of the situation. “I..um..—” He stuttered, managing to inhale another lungful of her scent as he panicked. “—N-no, I have to go.” He blurted out in a whine before he quickly turned around and sprint away in the opposite direction to Piety with his tail tucked between his legs.

He was sure Piety had been judging him and if she was in the mood for a confrontation, well then, she could take it out on Sara. Lorcan had gotten himself into enough trouble lately.

-Lorcan exits-
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2017, 07:18 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
She knew the healer had seen her. The way he seemed to become so frantic made her rather happy in a way. He knew better and he would make that obvious. The pale second still kept silent and strong as her muddy eyes watched everything. It seemed he wanted to remove himself from the situation. Even though he was already running away in a submissive position she growled as her hackles raised. There was still one wolf

Her stance was still dominating and perhaps edged on hostile as she took a few steps towards the younger girl. Piety could practically hear Morganna's words in her head. "yer spent too much time talkin'". Her muddy-hued eyes stayed locked on the smaller female. If she wanted to test her authority then Piety would let her have her go but she'd be damned if the small girl wasn't reminded where she belonged.

She shouldn't have faulted her completely. Piety had, of course, been that young once upon a time but had to give in been worth it? A son she had abandoned was the reminder of those times. She was merely teaching Saradathia a lesson. Her lip pulled back to expose teeth to the female. Piety hoped Morganna would've been proud could she have seen her now.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T