(See All?) Announcements
293 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nadine

Peace Offering — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Fenrir who has 137 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain
Midday, 1 ° F, -17 ° C. She is looking for @Tagg and @Moonshadow specifically but anyone is welcome. Dated to Feb 28th.

Lunette Vuesain

I’ve got my love stuck in my head

She was angry at the world.

It was a cruel and unfair place, full of bitterness and betrayals trying to masquerade as blessings.

The worst part was her age: she was considered young and stupid, awful at surviving, and definitely too inexperienced to do anything. She couldn't even get away—little pups did not survive in the wild, alone. They only did if their name was Ismena, but hers was Lunette, and no matter how much she wished to, she couldn't become her sister. She was stuck in a small silver body with her own broken brain. Each sunrise was full of promises and opportunities she simply couldn't take, each sunset full of bitter regrets and days wasted. She roamed further, but never too far. She slept alone, outside, as often as she could.

None of it helped. Her meek, submissive behavior got edged by her suddenly withdrawing, giving an odd stare, going silent, and drifting off through the trees. She didn't know what anyone wanted of her, or what she wanted of herself, but more and more she found herself panicking in her helpless role. It wasn't that she wanted to be anyone's enemy, an expert fighter, an awesome hunter—she just wanted to be able to breathe, but she was smothering herself.

She picked her way along the frozen lake, coming in from the north. She was chasing scents, that of a black female and her tawny mate, but she hadn't seen them that day—no small wonder, since Lunette had spent several hours sulking by the lake's northern shore. She wanted to come up with some kind of plan, a solution to her problems, something to stave off the thoughts gnawing at her in the dark hours, but she only managed to spiral herself deeper into her despair.

She was worthless, and useless, so what's the cure for that? Apply yourself. Want to learn how to hunt, to overcome the fear of adrenaline, and the lethargy in your bones? Do it when someone sees. Lunette couldn't stand failure, letting others down—and while she didn't really feel like apologizing to her overprotective Second, or her mate, she had gotten over herself enough to feel that she had to do something. So, she went looking for them, making her way over the sun-glittering snow and trying to catch their scents.
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

-----------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 254

Many things were going on in Tagg’s mind as he wandered about the territory.  He found himself doing this more often, especially since he knew their beta would be leaving the next morning. He’d be back, of course, and the veteran himself had suggested such a trip, but he’d been hoping to share the birth of his pups with the man, and while he’d likely be back before they entered the world, it still wouldn’t quite be the same. He also knew @Moonshadow cared for her friend and would likely be disappointed he would be gone so long.

Yet he needed this trip.

He pulled up short as he caught a whiff of another wolf – Lunette, he thought. He turned to try to find her.  He was still unsure of the youngest Vuesain; they hadn’t really interacted, and her behavior toward his mate during the battle with the cat made him wary of her.  But he wanted to remedy that.  He hated that there were members of this pack he didn’t really know.  He wanted to be involved.

Finally, he sighted the young girl through the trees. “Hello.” he called, not wanting to surprise her. He’d seen how that played out with Des, even though he’d had the same thoughts then. “We haven’t spoken much, but would you mind if I walked with you?” He could push his internal conflict aside to try to create at least some sort of bond with another pack member.  A pack that wasn’t united was a pack that would fall.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain

Lunette Vuesain

It wasn't her day to be the hunter—it was her day to be the prey, and at the sudden, mostly unfamiliar voice, she stopped (let's be honest, froze—) before whipping her head around. Her silver ears strained and her brown eyes scanned, until she saw the tawny shape dislodging itself from the surrounding trees and walking down towards her.

He was a mostly red creature, with vibrant green eyes. Very different from dark, hungry monsters in the bushes, trying to make dinner out of you. Her ears flicked on her head and she stood her ground, letting him come closer. He looked calm enough, but.. she hadn't really interacted with him since the lynx, nor before it either, to be honest. She had no idea what kind of man he was. What he might do, when no one was looking.

"Hey Tagg," she said, shyly, when he was closer, and hating herself to the uncertainty in her voice. This was her idea, even if he'd seemed to have the same. She didn't need to sound like a mouse someone had stepped on. She didn't need to feel like a moue someone had stepped on, her world shrinking rapidly until all she could think of was that Kajika had never had such an imposing presence in that way. She swallowed, very faintly. "No, that's fine. I.. I was looking for you, or Moon, or both. I.. I thought we could go hunting, or something," she finished lamely, ears splaying on her head in spite of her resolve.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! @Moonshadow  

Word Count: 237

Tagg had been told he had an intimidating demeanor, and it was something he’d never disputed.  His scares and half-blindness alone were enough to make most others uncomfortable.  With was somewhat ironic that they were the very things that had sparked his relationship with Moonshadow.  She had asked about them the first time they spent time together, after all.  Despite the good fortune he’d had, however, the veteran hated that he tended to make his fellows nervous.

Most of the time.

This was one of those times. He smiled kindly, trying to set the young girl at ease. She had been looking for him, huh? “A hunt sounds like a great idea.” He glanced around.  He wasn’t sure he should leave the territory with Lunette in tow, but they weren’t likely to find much within its borders.  “Why don’t we track down Moon, and we can towards Spectral Woods to see if we can find some deer?”  

He wasn’t sure why the youngest Vuesain was looking for them, but it would probably be best if his mate was present.  That way Lunette wouldn’t have to have to do this twice, since she seemed so nervous. Besides, it would give the pair an opportunity to see how they did with a younger wolf in their charge.  If they were going to go through with their plan to become parents this spring, they would need all the practice they could get.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! She just lounging on a rock if y'all wanna find her in your next posts :)

The day was warmer than usual but that didnt stop the dark beta from napping in the sun. She had done a border patrol and decided to take a small nap before heading out for a hunt. The rays of sun warmed her large body that laid upon her favorite spot, the rock overhang by the lake. The overhang had been one of the first things she saw when joined the cove. It had become her go to spot for naps, her thinking spot, and the place where she came to relax.

Having slept for a while the woman slowly began to wake up. The sounds of the lake filled her silver tipped ears. Silver orbs remain hidden beneath ebony eyelids as thoughts flowed through her mind. She thought about Kajika and how to better help him. Then her mind drifted to her love @Tagg and their plan to start a family this year. Her previous nervousness about asking for permission was gone since asking had gone well. They weren't chased out, they were blessed but reminded of their place, which Didnt bother the woman. She knew the cove would always be the Vuesians and that was fine with her. She loved them and the cove too much to want to leave. So she would raise her children to do the same. She was worried however about if she was ready - if they were ready. She was terrified of failing as a mother. Releasing a sigh the dark woman pushed the worry once more from her mind and moved on to another issue. What to do about @Lunette. Moonshadow had been avoiding the young girl since the lynx incident. She knew that her mother had disciplined her about her outburst so the beta didnt feel the need to also say something. She was unsure what to do actually, should she seek her out? Or maybe just let it be? Maybe the woman would talk to her love and see what he had to say about it. Yes that's what she would do. In a little while though, the sun lulled her back to sleep.

(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2017, 03:07 PM by Moonshadow.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain
Slow as a snail, sorry. :/ I hope it'll get better from here on out.

Lunette Vuesain

Tagg's presence—overwhelming, looming, breeding uncertainty in her—was so at odds with his voice. It wasn't that he looked like a grizzly bear someone had run through a meat grinder—it was just the fact that Lunette had snarled at his best friend? mate? and promptly been chastised by almost the entire pack. The memory was an infection, a wound, and it made her feel physically ill. Standing in his presence was like shoving her head into the jaws of a cougar.

Honestly, she sort of wished he had brushed her off, so she could've gone back to brooding, but he didn't. He said it was a great idea and she had to fight really hard to keep herself from trembling. She wasn't afraid of him so much as she was afraid of his words. What he might say, not what he might do, but when he went on, she nearly died on the spot. The Spectral Woods? That was down from the mountain! It was too far, it.. it had to be too far.. they couldn't go there? Right? Not just like that? Not just for a hunt? She licked her lips and stared at her paws, pulse roaring in her hears even though her heartbeat felt faint and trembling.

"A-aren't the Woods a.. a bit too far?" she managed to get out of her mouth without rattling her teeth too bad. She cast about, eyes wide, blood spiked with adrenaline, and tried to sample the air for any sign of Moon but her brain wasn't working properly and whatever she smelled, she didn't register. "B-but, yeah.. We can go f-find Moon and then.. then go somewhere," she mumbled, and promptly turned 180 degrees away from him, despite having no clue at all where Moonshadow was. She did her best to draw in a deep breath, and then waited for the world either to end, or for Tagg to lead the way towards the black female.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! That is the best description of Tagg I have ever read xD so flattering!

Word Count: 261

Tagg could tell Lunette was nervous – its scent was rolling off her in waves so thick he could almost taste it.  So he pushed aside his irritation at her disrespect and tried his best to put her at ease. She was here making an effort, after all, and everybody had been quick to react to her behavior at the fight.  She’d been punished enough, and the veteran didn’t want to hold a grudge.

Her question about the woods brought a chuckle from his lips. “Yeah, they are.  I just meant we could head in their general direction, not necessarily go all the way there.” The girl was still young, after all.  A full hunting party might be willing to go that far out, but for now it wasn’t that important.

After saying they could find Moon, the youngest Vuesain turned from him, walking hesitantly in the wrong direction.  “Moon will probably be somewhere near the den.” He suggested, turning towards the space they liked to nap in the sun and glancing back to make sure he was being followed. It was a decent afternoon, after all, and she needed to get as much rest as she could.

Sure enough, as he approached the area he spotted his mate’s black fur resting in the sunlight.  As always, his heart leapt when he laid eye upon her. “Moon!” He called in a short bark, trotting happily up to her and nosing her. “Want to go hunting? Lunette and I were just about to head out.” He sincerely hoped his mate would be as forgiving as he was.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! My turn to be a snail sorry y'all :/

The suns warmth was a wonderful relief from the cold of the snow. The rock overhang on the lake shore had become a regular spot for the dark woman and the love of her life. They would spend hours laying around in the sun while in between tasks. Today Moon had been unable to find the russet man and figured he was busy so she went to the rock to wait for him. The warm rays were too temping for the cove wolf to resist so she finally gave in and was pulled into sleep. An unknown amount of time passed before his familiar voice drifted into her dreams. At first she thought he had called to her in her dream but soon realized that he had called from reality when she felt his familiar nudge to the base of her ear.

A happy hum vibrated in her throat as she moved her head to return his nudge. She gave him a kiss before her mercury pools emerged from beneath inky lids. She blinked a few times as he asked her if she wanted to go hunting. Just as she was about to agree @Tagg mentioned that he and @Lunette were about to head out. The ebony beta hadn't realized the youngest princess was even present until her name fell from the hero's maw. Silver tipped ears flicked forwards as a glance was given to the silvery girl. Moonshadow had avoided the pup since her lash out. The older female was unaware of how Lunette would treat her. Was she still as angry with her? Or maybe that had been a spur of the moment? The inky woman hoped it would be the latter. Their fishing lesson had gone so well what happened? Looking back to the man she loved Moon smiled "Sure love, where are we going?" She asked as she got off the rock. Giving her pelt a good shake she gave the small girl a smile despite her uncertainty. Despite all that had happened it wasn't like her to be mean especially to a pup...the alphas youngest at that.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain
Snail party!

Lunette Vuesain

"Oh," she said as he explained what he had meant—the relief was obvious in her voice and her eyes and her stance, so obvious she was almost ashamed of it. It had gone through her like a warm wind, a reminder of the season she'd been born in, loosened up knots and shrieked at her simultaneously. How stupid had she been to think he'd want to go that far with her? Spend that much of his time on her? Or in her company, even—really, it had been stupid of her to think...

But, turned out she was stupid. “Moon will probably be somewhere near the den,” the older wolf said—not unkindly—and turned in the direction Lunette had abandoned. Her pulse roared and her cheeks burned and she turned again, another "Oh," slipping out her mouth. This one was quieter. It was the kind of oh that signaled she wanted to die, but for very different reasons from the first.

She trailed along after the grizzled veteran, a tiny silver shadow happy to be left alone in silence. Spring was coming, a fabled season she had no clear memories of, and the signs of it where everywhere—things on the mountain were tenacious and hardy, but some colors stood out. They weren't fresh green yet, but they were hinting at becoming green sometime in the future. She smiled to herself, and nearly walked into Tagg when he stopped. Instead, she caught herself and peered around him. Oh, Moonshadow. They'd found her. Now Lunette was going to die, promptly. She swallowed. She'd die because she wanted to—she didn't want to face this...mistake.

But no divine force smote her, and she was so busy being terrified she didn't even hear what they were saying. No lips were pulled back, no eyes blazing fury, and no teeth bared. Instead, Moonshadow's maw formed some words and she was.. smiling. At her. She tried her best to smile back, but it felt more like a sickly grimace, and she quickly stopped, and looked down instead. Moonshadow was pretty in the sunlight.