novacaine — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Late Evening
Renier Lyall
you can set yourself on fire

If there was one thing he needed, it wasn't love, or a pretty face. It would be a friend. A voice of reason, that whispered to him he wasn't crazy. He wasn't alone. This would pass like all the rest. That he had already made it through the hardest days of his life, and he would live through these. One day he'd look back grateful for what the changes had brought upon him. Screw that.

How he was tired to see his efforts seem so meaningless. It was hard to hold onto the little spark of things would be better. Especially with the sharp coldness that tore through him. Perhaps it would kill his heart, his last pieces of warmth and light.

There was a pause in his step. He could make it back if he wanted to, but he didn't feel the need. Ears perched upon his crown, the sound of the falls  tugged at him, and pulled him in the other direction.

He had thought he'd felt alone after departing the lowlands. At least he had come to find he was needed again. Elettra giving him purpose, to serve her, and keep the Ridge standing. Now, she was another ghost that haunted him. Another one he had failed. Pangur, is this my punishment?  For not staying in the Reach? For not helping Rook rebuild the Hollow? For letting Morganna go? Karma was a bitch for sure, but he hadn't thought himself so terrible to have another wreck to salvage.

He clicked his teeth together, an exasperated huff following.  Maybe, his problem was he tried too hard, and everything had to backfire. A cold laugh cut across the silent trees, but they seemed to pay him little mind like the rest. That was going to change. For the time he settled himself on a snow covered stone, perched like a Spinx statue, letting the rush of the water try to drown his thoughts. 

Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
He hadn't meant to follow the man out here. BoJack was simply curious as to where he was after and trailed along like a lost child. Never once had he been here before. It was a strange and foreign place. The sound of loud rushing water bothered him. It made him feel like he was being drowned despite not being near the water yet. He swallowed the lump in his throat and merely kept following despite how uneasy he felt.

When the leader slowed his pace BoJack stopped and watched from a distance. This all felt very wrong. Something in him told him to turn around and go home, to check on Nimble, to do anything but be here watching Renier. Yet he still stayed frozen solid in his place. Lurking in the shadows as if he was apart of them.

Enough was enough. He approached and sent out a low bark that he had doubts would be heard over the water. "Hey!" The large male called out just in case. "Uh, sorry for following you out here." BoJack slowly took a place close to his tawny alpha. "I don't really have a good excuse for following if you were gonna ask." He admitted with a half frown.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Late Evening
Renier Lyall

His eyelids should feel heavy, but they did not. He was wide awake, and had a long night up ahead. Maybe, he would hunt after another coyote, just for reason to burn his energy, use his fangs. Those mongrels always needed a lesson.

He couldn't shake the feeling he was being watched. There was something out there, and glared wondering just what. Some curious odd ball? A moose,as bored as himself? It was their newest recruit, Bojack who announced himself, deciding to join him.His facade smoothed, and he had to fight a scowl when the other wolf admitted he had been following him. Great. He hadn't even known. So the rogue offered a rather pathetic smile, since he couldn't fake it very well.

The Lyall shrugged his shoulders, loudly speaking in turn. "That's all right. Got to get out of that place now and again." If not permanently, but he didn't share the thought. The Ridge was still his home. He tried to change the subject."Nimble getting a little better?" She still seemed out of sorts, and he worried she suffered from something that couldn't be cured. Like his father had. At last Ravenna had returned, he would like to think she could alleviate the pup's pain.

[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
He nodded his head to agree with Renier's statement. While BoJack liked it there he couldn't keep himself there all the time. He wasn't meant to be locked down to a place for too long. Once Nimble was better and he had paid off the little debt, he would be on his way. This place would never be home no matter how hard he tried.

BoJack frowned softly when he asked of Nimble. "Yeah, for the most part. She still has her moments." His silver eyes looked anywhere else but at Renier. "It's stressful sometimes, you know? I mean I appreciate all of the help you guys are giving me but I just wish I could do more for her." He sighed as he kept his eyes down. Were his eyes wet? Probably. Was that why he was holding his gaze down? Also probably. "Someone has to be missing her and I'm not even sure if I did the right thing by taking her with me that night." BoJack often wondered what would have happened had he scampered away from that god damn crater in the earth. Would she have lived through that? Would her attack have killed her then and there? He didn't want to think about it anymore so he swallowed the lump in his throat and forced himself to look out at the water.

"Sorry." He apologized with a frown still on his face. "Are you alright?" BoJack asked with a gentle tone in his voice. What would drive the leader out here if he wasn't okay?
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Late Evening
Renier Lyall

He could tell it didn't affect him in a good way to speak about the young girl. Wishing to do more. Renier wanted to reflect he felt the same way, but there was only so much any of them could do. He merely let out a "Ya," and left it at that. He felt bad bringing it up, but they were under his watch now. In his care. He liked to know how it was going for both of them.

Renier did his best not to look at him, hoping it would help him see he wasn't about to judge him. Why he had wondered why he'd taken her so far south at first, with a monster on the loose, it was logical he'd want to get her away from the danger. The Lyall couldn't help wonder if she belonged up there somewhere. She was not one of Morganna's, but there were other packs that way. Now he felt inclined to try to ease some of the man's worries.

"Bojack, you didn't leave her there. That's more than a lot of wolves would have done. You helped her, and lead her away from the possibility of more danger. Hopefully she does have a family, but right now she needs to get better. Then, we can figure the rest out. I know some in the north, we could see if they know." He offered a thin smile, a hint of concern in his facade.

The subject came back to him. He wondered if he would start to hear that question more, and more. If it was something on his face that gave him away. "Not exactly. I'm sick of this season, and have some worries about the pack's future. We're a little shaky because not long ago we lost both our leaders, two great wolves of my family." He half thought about explaining more of their history, and why. Renier held it back, and moved to the other thing bothering him. "I'm going on a trip to tell our allies the news." It wasn't something he was looking forward to, but he had to get out of the Ridge before he did something he regretted.

(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2017, 04:14 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]