Bing, Google, Vanadis, Mouseling

the world keep on turning — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 35 posts.
Inactive
Gitano
@Eidolon 
March 5th, clear, -9F/-23C

Gitano had gotten separated from her somehow, and he had no way of finding the woman now. His own tracking skills were abysmal and @Karina had been so frantic to find Bennet that he seriously doubted she had slowed to seek him out. The yearling knew that if they were meant to meet again then their guides would bring them back together but for now he vowed to search for the pup on his own.  His mind was often preoccupied with his task but he could not deny what was happening with himself.

Frequent fasting as a pup and adolescent had left him thin to be sure but his many months as a loner had left him practically skin and bones. He could not continue this way lest he face his certain death. There was only one thing he could do, he had to seek out a pack but on that front he was at a loss. He had never sought refuge within a pack other than his birthplace and even if he had the only pack he knew of had been Namid's upon the mountain.

Staring up towards the night sky that had cleared after yesterday's snow storm he wished for guidance. His spiritual quest was supposed to be a solo trip but surely that didn't count if it was life or death, did it? Sighing the man nodded, he would seek out the mountain pack in the morning and hope that they would accept his unusual gifts in trade of a place among them.

Played by Van who has 86 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Eidolon Seren
Thank you for making the thread :3

She felt dirty after what she'd done with Larkspur a couple of days prior, but it had gotten rid of the burning and itching in her body, and she didn't think she was giving off as much of a smell anymore. No wonder her parents had disappeared for a day or two the year prior, if the results were as effective as this. She didn't feel irritable or moody anymore, but she wasn't certain that she was willing to face her packmates just yet. Of course, they probably wouldn't know exactly what she'd done, nor would they question her being away from the den for so long.

A vague thought entered her head, niggling on about how she might be pregnant, but she ignored it. Whatever higher power there was out there couldn't be so cruel as to turn her life upside-down over one single mistake? She didn't even know what her alphas might do to her if she turned up pregnant without their permission. The very idea made her feel sick to her stomach, even though she hadn't eaten in days.

She gagged, once, and brought up nothing for her efforts but a bit of bile onto the snow between her paws. Fear hammered in her chest and she squeezed her eyes shut, banishing the cruel thoughts that overtook her mind. Namid and Vespertio were kind, and even if she had messed up, she didn't think they would harm her or the prospective pup.

The sound of Bramble Falls up ahead took her mind off of the panic within her, and she made her way toward it. The waterfall was a nice place to go to clear one's mind, and it always made her feel better to be there. But, as she approached, she found that she wasn't the only one who had sought out the falls for solace. A boy, a bit younger than herself, stood staring up at the night sky above them, seemingly unaware of his surroundings. The girl tipped her head, almost feeling as though she shouldn't intrude, and called out a soft greeting to the boy. "H-hello... what are you doing out here on your own?"

Inactive
Gitano
@Eidolon she wouldn't smell of being pregnant until 8 days past the breeding thread but as we discussed by pm he was able to read her pregnancy

Tano had been staring so intently at the sky that he had missed the approach of another wolf. Startled at the sound of her voice the yearling jumped slightly before grinning sheepishly towards her. While she smelled of fading heat and a pack there was something about her, an aura almost that spoke of something more. A normal wolf may have backed off then, or looked around for the male that had given her this gift but Gitano was no normal wolf.

Instead his grin just grew even wider, almost to the point where his cheeks hurt and he exclaimed, "Oh I was just reading the stars for their advice, they're quite talkative this evening." It was then that he realized the pack smell that she carried was of Namid's mountain pack, the same place that he had resolved to seek out in the morning. Thank the guides, this was obviously a sign that he had made the right decision.

Still this all had very little to do with the reason that he had begun smiling and with a twinkle in his eye he declared, "Congratulations by the way, you must be excited!" Little did he know that excited was the farthest thing from the word that she would have used to describe her current situation.

Inactive Deceased
Eidolon Seren

The pale girl was not much one for religion, but the way with which he spoke brought a small smile from her. He just seemed so... enthusiastic about it, and his good mood was contagious. She took a seat beside him and looked up at the star-speckled sky. "Are they saying good things?" she queried. she might not have believed in a higher power, or ancestors, or whatever, but that didn't mean that he couldn't. She wouldn't try and tear down his beliefs in favor of her own.

Her blood chilled in her veins when he congratulated her, and she hesitated for a few moments. He couldn't possibly know anything... could he? She'd never met this wolf in her life. A horrible, traitorous thought popped into the forefront of her mind that whispered, "You smell different. You look different. Everybody knows exactly what you did."

"Um... congratulations for what?" she asked instead of freaking out, tilting her head to the side and giving her own shoulder an experimental sniff to make sure that her theory was incorrect. She didn't... didn't smell any different to herself, but that didn't mean that her scent hadn't changed.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive
Gitano

Gitano smiled as the pale yearling sat beside him to look up to the stars as if she too could read what they said. Staring up towards the lights the man knew it took a lot of practice and training in order to read their predictions but it was nice to pretend even for a moment that she could relate to his studies. His grin grew when he looked back to her, "Well I can try and give you a prediction of your future if you would like, I just need your name. Mine's Gitano." After all, it was rude to ask for someone else to introduce themselves if you weren't willing to do the same.

Out the corner of his eye Tano gave her a questioning look about her hesitation and then her question. Then he chuckled, "Well about being with pups of course," Oh. Did she not know yet? The yearling looked awkwardly back up to the stars in hopes that he hadn't just ruined some big realization she was supposed to have with her mate or pack or whoever. He found "normal" relationships very strange after growing up in a pack with such fluid ties, sometimes the rules were hard for him to figure out.

Inactive Deceased
Eidolon Seren

The ghostly girl gave him a small smile when he offered to read her future, and she shook her head slowly. "You don't have to do that if you don't want to. I don't know if your ancestors will know anything about me." She wagged her tail lightly and glanced over at him again. "Gitano's a wonderful name," she told him genuinely, her orange eyes crinkling slightly in a smile. "My name's Eidolon, after the ghosts. But, uh, everyone just calls me Eido, because it's easier to say."

'Well about being with pups of course.' Her heart dropped, her eyes widened, and her breathing picked up slightly. She leaned away from her new acquaintance and got to her paws, her tail tucking tightly between her legs. She shook her head quickly. "No, no, no, that-that can't be right..." Her chest expanded rapidly and shallowly as she tried to take a deep enough breath. Images of being attacked by her alphas or being driven out of the Cove or being killed popped into her mind, and her stomach started to roll again.

And what if she had pups? What if she was going to be a mother?! A soft whine of fear escaped her without her knowledge.

Inactive
Gitano

Shaking his head with a small chuckle the teen peered at Eidolon closely, "The guides know about everyone, every creature and every force that rules our realm. Even those who live in the other realms, like the ghosts that you're named after." Shrugging gently his muddy golden eyes returned back to the inky sky above them, looking to see what he could find about his ghost friend. He would never give a prediction without permission, some wolves just preferred not to know after all, but he was curious.

Dear guides.

What was wrong with all the wolves in this place? This was the second time he had looked to the sky to see the future of a woman within these lands and felt his stomach drop away. Still, he couldn't tell her what he had seen unless she gave him permission. Gitano fought the words that threatened to climb up his throat like bile and spill into the air, he couldn't, he shouldn't.

He was thankful at least for the momentary distraction from what he had read in the stars. Looking hard at Eidolon, "Your aura is practically glowing Eidolon, maybe you should talk to Namid. I can go with you if you would like, I was planning on going to see her in the morning anyways." Please ask me what I saw, oh but please don't make me say it out loud.

Inactive Deceased
Eidolon Seren

The young wolf smiled as he explained his beliefs to her. Most religious wolves did think that their higher power knew everything and everybody, but Eido had never been religious. She'd never believed that anything good could exist out there that could allow what had happened to her family to occur. Still, she was glad to be taken into Gitano's world, even if she did not think that she would ever share in his beliefs. So, instead of replying outright to his claims, she simply hummed in acknowledgement and stared up at the stars.

Her panic about being told she was pregnant might have been a high priority, but it still did not dull the fact that she could sense when her friend's mood took a turn. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly and took a few shaky breaths to try and calm herself down first, before she could address his own unease. She figured that it was probably her that had caused him to be so agitated, anyway.

"It's-it's okay. S-sorry, I over... overreacted." She touched her nose shakily to his cheek in an apology, fighting against the tears building up in her eyes and the panic in her chest. "D-didn't mean to freak you ou-out..." She swallowed hard and shifted back a bit, looking down at her paws now in shame. What must her newfound friend think of her? So young, out here alone, and pregnant. Those were hardly good credentials.

Her heart took another plunge when he mentioned talking to Namid, and her whole body started shaking again. "I can't!" She turned wide orange eyes to him. "I made a mistake. I didn't ask. I didn't even want-" She broke off in a sob, hunching her shoulders and trying to be as small as possible. "She'll... she'll hate m-m-me! What if she-she attacks m-me, or k-kicks me ou-t-t?" she chattered, little whimpers and whines escaping as she lay flat on the ground and hid her muzzle under her paw, fighting against the urge to be sick. 

Inactive
Gitano
Fade out with your next post and I'll start a thread for them at the borders?

Gitano felt a weird mix of emotions when Eidolon did nothing other than hum in acknowledgement of his gifts. It was not enough of a consent for him to tell her what he had seen and for that he felt both a gnawing at his stomach and sick relief. He wouldn't have to see the crushing defeat on her face as he saw on Karina's when he had made her prediction. Still, the guilt he felt would probably eat away at him until he gave in and spit the words out into the air, breaking all the rules he had ever been taught.

Feeling her nose touch into his cheek along with her apology Tano shook his head almost with violent recoil. "Oh Eidolon! Do not apologize, it may not have been in your plans but being with cub is a beautiful thing and never anything to apologize for!" His eyes softened though and he pressed his own muzzle into her neck in what he hoped was a comforting manner. He had never had to comfort a wolf who did not want to be a mother who was having children before, it was such an odd situation he didn't even know what to think of it.

Resolve swept through him, "We can tell her that he is mine and that I will take full responsibility for him. I have met Namid before, she is a forgiving woman. Any anger she feels will be directed towards me and not you, she wouldn't harm a pregnant wolf." But the real father of your child would.