(See All?) Announcements
532 Users Online
Bing, Google, Hazelnut, Atlas

instant patience — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
@Bojack pending subterritory approval, but I'll just edit out mention of it if it gets denied >_>

It all happened so quickly, Eskil still wasn't sure what to make of it. He and Asha had been together for such a short time, a few weeks at most, but he'd honestly felt like there was a glimmer of something there. If nothing else, at least a good friendship. But he'd let his hormones get the best of him and ruined whatever little sprout had been there, everything crashing down on his head in the space between one heartbeat and the next. Internally he cursed how stupid and boorish he'd been. He was better than that, and Asha deserved better than that, whatever it was she had been through.

He tried to remind himself that he'd done the right thing in leaving her. She didn't need the stress, and he didn't need the distraction. But it didn't do much to numb the familiar feeling of being alone, again. He trudged through the swamp, a thoroughly grey, drab place that matched his doleful mood. Broken trees surrounded him, long dead with the color drained away, stuck out from the frozen waters. His claws clacked over the snow-covered ice, and he roughly brushed his grey flank against one of the trees, lingering as he scratched an itch on his rump.
(This post was last modified: Mar 06, 2017, 03:22 AM by Eskil.)
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
He was looking for something but lord if he knew. Maybe he was just looking for something to preoccupy his mind. He was constantly trying to stay away from the scent of females but it seemed he was failing more often than not. So he went further than he had before today. His paws leading him to somewhere that wasn't exactly his liking. BoJack really wished he had just stuck to his old tree and moped alone.

A loud snort escaped him as he noticed something in the distance. A gray blob? Maybe he was just seeing things. His silver eyes still looked ahead in case that gray blob came back to life. A few more steps forward and it seemed like the blob was indeed alive. Rubbing itself on the tree? The scent of heat was absent so this certainly wasn't another stray female trying to soothe their self. BoJack let out a bark to see if they would react. His position was slumped, shoulders sort of hunched and his tail hung low. He was trying to keep his position as neutral as possible until he figured out who the blob was and what they were doing rubbing on a tree like that. These weren't pack lands as far as he knew so marking the tree didn't seem like the right answer.
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
Eskil was deep into his scratching session, finding nothing better than itching the itch that previously couldn't be reached. If he knew he had an audience, perhaps he wouldn't have waggled his rump with such intense fervor, blissfully rubbing his haunch into the dry bark. The large male froze when he heard a bark aimed in his direction. Eskil's dark eyes scanned between the tree trunks around him, finally catching the brownish wolf standing there. 

Standing stock still, Eskil examined the stranger for a moment. Honestly, he looked a little out of place. Whether it was the slightly confused look on the males face, or the completely neutral posture, Eskil wasn't sure. It seemed like he'd wanted something from him, even if just to say hello or tell him off for rubbing on his tree, for why else would he bark? But there was no happy wagging tail, nor irritably folded ears. Eskil just wasn't really sure what to make of him.

"Uhm, hey there," Eskil said, pulling away from the tree and facing the wolf. "You uh, come to watch?" Eskil joked, a crooked smirk lighting on his face.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
BoJack didn't even think that it might look like he was watching. He felt his face heat up but he forced a smile. "Not really." The large male stiffed out laughter. "Handsome but you're not for me." His shoulders shrugged slightly. BoJack wasn't really interested in anyone right now. Not to mention he just saw this male vigorously rub his rear against the tree which wasn't usually something BoJack looked for in a friend or romantic interest.

"Just passing through, ignoring the temptations of this year." He snorted with a kind smirk. His tail wagged softly for a few seconds behind him before it came to a halt. "You feeling better?" BoJack gestured towards the tree with a point of his nose. Surely the male wasn't just wildly rubbing on the tree for no reason. Maybe it was an itch or some weird routine that the gray male felt a need to do.

He shifted his weight slightly with an awkward feeling. He hadn't run into many males so far and females were just generally avoided unless it was Nimble. "I'm BoJack." The large male offered hoping it'd make him feel less awkward about being here and seeing the male do something weird just moments before.
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
Though he meant it as a joke, it seemed he'd caught the other wolf a little off guard, earning a stiff smile from the brown wolf. Eskil barked a laugh at the male's response. Well, thank heavens for that. He wasn't sure what he'd do if he had an admirer secretly watching him scratch his ass from a distance. The brown coated wolf seemed friendly enough, and so he'd let the earlier awkward moment slide. 

"Wise choice," Eskil remarked on the other male's decision to ignore the ample distractions of the season. He knew exactly what he meant. It was certainly less trouble that way, perhaps he should follow suit. Eskil nodded at his question. "Yeah, a little bit. Damned fleas, you know?" They always seemed to know the most inconvenient places to bite. Eskil watched the male shift slightly, noticing he looked a bit uncomfortable. 

"Well, nice to meet you, BoJack. I'm Eskil," He introduced himself in return with a dip of his head.

"So what brings you out here?" Eskil asked, stepping forward and closing the distance between them, his claws clicking over the ice. Eskil had come here for solitude, but maybe a little company and conversation couldn't hurt, either.
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
"Yeah, annoying buggers. Sometimes a good bath helps and other times you need to find some Redcedar." He offered up the tip with a soft smile and shrug. BoJack knew a little bit about healing and lucky for Eskil that he knew how to solve fleas. That was if the male really had fleas and it wasn't some kind of joke.

Eskil. Sounded so strong and formal compared to his own name. What kind of vibe did BoJack give off? It sounded like a strange name compared to every other name he had heard here so far. "Same to you, Eskil." He returned the slight nod and took a seat on the ice like ground below them. "I got a lot going on back home." Home was not the proper word but the large chocolate male wasn't about to spill all of his problems to the stranger named Eskil. "What about you? Don't have someone waiting for you back where you're from?" He smirked before adverting his silver gaze from the face of his company. BoJack knew better than to stick his nose into love affairs of others because he usually ended up being the wedge that drove them apart.
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
@Bojack

"Redcedar, huh." Eskil mused aloud. Though Bojack didn't particularly say how it would help. Was he supposed to eat it, or roll in it? The needles or the bark? His itchy ass wasn't too bad though, so it was something that could be pondered upon later. The Whitebark man took the other male's cue and sat down as well, his grey tail swishing slowly over the ice.

Eskil hummed, lifting his eyebrows as the brown male skirted around his predicament. "A lot" could mean anything. But as Bojack didn't elaborate, Eskil had to assume it was a touchy subject. Eskil had his own touchy subjects, so he couldn't blame him.

"Well ah... I don't have much of a home left, to be honest." Eskil said quietly. He wasn't sure if it was something he was ready to talk about. The pair of them seemed to have their own secrets to keep. "I met a girl a few weeks ago though, and we were getting along pretty well, I think." Eskil added, changing the subject slightly. Did this Bojack guy really wan to listen to his problems? Well, he seemed to be listening at least, so Eskil continued. "I really screwed up though. She more or less told me to fuck off." Eskil exhaled a long breath through his nose. Asha said it much more kindly than that, but Eskil could take a hint. He wasn't mad, just disappointed in himself. 
(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2017, 11:10 PM by Eskil.)
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
As the other male respoke the name BoJack simply nodded his head. That was what he had said, he didn't think he had stuttered or said something extremely wild. It was just some tree that could help the guy out with his infestation issue.

He let his ears flick forward as Eskil spoke about his own issues. No home and girl issues. It seemed the male had himself in a real pickle. BoJack raised his eyebrow at the last words that came forth from the silver male. "I'd say blame it on the season but she could also just naturally be a bitch. Unless you really did something to deserve that. I don't know you much but you don't exactly strike me as the disrespectful type." BoJack looked at Eskil to see how he'd react. "Don't let some bad-attituded girl hold you back from doing your own thing." The large male knew he had gone through his fair share of females in his four years of life. Some he wished he had kept closer and loved better but they were gone now and with someone more deserving.

"I, uh, kind of have girl issues but not exactly the same as yours." He offered with another shrug. BoJack was trying some way to try and make this poor lad feel better.
Inactive No Rank
Eskil Whitebark
Eskil blinked at the brown wolf's blunt analysis of the situation. It wasn't in his nature to call anybody a bitch, much less Asha, and he wasn't really sure he had been entirely respectful of Asha's need for personal space. But, maybe he did have a point, a little nugget of useful advice in with the rest of it. He couldn't let himself just linger on it like a bad stink on cheese. Eskil shrugged, his broad shoulders rolling beneath his creamy pelt. "Yeah, I guess so. Maybe you're right." He sighed. He'd have to find something to do with himself instead of pining after girl who, in the grand scheme of things, wasn't in his life for terribly long.

He looked up as Bojack mentioned he had girl problems of his own, his pale eyebrows lifting curiously. "Yeah? What's going on?" He asked, willing to hear out this strangers problems seeing as he'd dumped his own dirty laundry on the guy. It'd be wrong to not return the favor. But just then Eskil got a tingling along his spine, the fur of his nape prickling upwards as an uncomfortable feeling swept over him. He jerked his head back and forth as he looked around, suddenly feeling like they weren't alone. "Do you-" He began.