594 Users Online
Bing, Google, Kashikoi

Winter Solstice — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Aideen Athesila

When had the world turned so grim? It felt like winter had swept through their lives, not just freezing the earth, but casting cold shadows over the light they'd been enjoying. Had their happiness run out? Aideen Smoke had always been an optimistic soul, no matter what life threw at her she'd managed to turn it, even when Coal left; It was bad… It had taken time, but eventually, with @Miccah's help, she'd worked through it. He had kept her going, him and Secret Woodlands; But now? What was even left? Nina's death had been a big blow to them all, it had felt like losing a mother – and a painful reminder, too, that her real mother was almost certainly dead now too – and the very foundation of the Woodlands itself, what were they without the matriarch?

Initially the new queen had found solace in her family, her friends. Nina had left a legacy, one the Athesila's would do everything to uphold. Despite their loss the pack had thrived in its way, the children were growing, the remaining adults kept strong. The grieved, but they did so together. Until that too was shattered. Bella's death had rattled them in a way much different from their founder, she had been young and strong, her death had been unexpected, and unnecessary. Another close friend had been ripped from Aideen's life, gone without even the slightest hope of return; And poor Duck… The boy had been through so much. Seeing what he had, losing his only family, shook to his very core, after all the progress he had made. And now Miccah had gotten sick. The alphess' heart clenched, her healthy, strong husband, brought down by the same sickness that had claimed Daniel's life last year. At least he was much better suited to battle the demon, and her treatment so far seemed to be working. It did mean he had to rest though, and little @Duckweed had to take over his duties.

Aideen was worried. So far they were coping, Duck was doing well, especially considering the circumstances. But winter was full on, their numbers were dropping and cold threatened the weak, the pups. At such a time, she should probably have been safely behind the borders, caring for her mate and children, looking after the pack. But there was only so much she could handle, so much she could do. They were safe for now, as strong and prepared as they could be. And she needed space, time alone with her thoughts, away from those she loved, so they were not burdened with her concerns. And as always when she needed to move and to think, she had gone to the Blackberry Fields, still somewhat appeased by the familiarity with her homeland; As close as I can get…

Word count: 467

Thoughts ”Speech”  

Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
hope ya don't mind he's on a mission to visit with other packs. :3
waking up the ghost
renier lyall
i'm digging up the memories that were close to me

He must have slept wrong again. There was a slight, painful crick in the left side of his neck he couldn't stretch out. A half groan, he shook out his coat of snow in one last futile effort. Hopefully as the day continued it would ease, like most aches did. With a lot of ground to cover, he better get going. The rogue took a  large inhale of the cool air, then he continued north with purpose. Willow Ridge had been in the dark too long. The word still needed to be spread about his family.

As the russet and tawny Lyall picked through the snow, he kept his pace just a steady trot, but instead of continuing into the thicket he chose a different path. The open field appealed to him. The crisp white, with frosty patches of bushes a pleasant sight. He'd always kinda skirted around them. Memories of his first hunt with his family long past. There was a feeling whether it was a new leaf or strange confidence he needed to walk them for once. They did hold the scent trail of many a rabbit and deer. He entertained the idea of hunting, as the Woodlands were not too far now. His last meal had been a few days ago. With another shake of his head, gold eyes roved the white landscape, noticing the rows and rows of blackberries, not yet anything else. Soon he was more day dreaming, thinking about Grizzly Hollow and those who had raised him.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 05:11 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Aideen Athesila

It truly was a day for contemplation. And the fields seemed to attract those prone to wander with their thoughts. Aideen had come here many a time to be alone with her musings, the scent of the bushes, even in winter, had a soothing effect, and coupled with the simple act of putting a physical distance between herself and her troubles, it proved a good way to clear her head. Finding a particularly large shrub, providing shelter from the wind, the petite wolf took a seat in the powder-snow, closing her eyes and breathing in deeply; Just like home… She didn't really miss it though, the land, shrubby tundra with wild winds and snow most of the year, completely open. No she'd grown fond of the privacy and protection of the thickets, they were her home now, and she didn't want it any other way. What she did miss was her family, especially now when things were so tough. She longed for their support, her father's kind encouragements, her mother's fierceness, wise words from her older brother and jokes from her littermates; I could really use you all now..!

But all she had was memories, she'd have to do with those. The peace was helpful, giving her space to sift through everything quietly, without interruptions. Or so it was until she raised her head in one moment and noticed a figure coming in her directions. Copper eyes narrowed as they zeroed in on the silhouette, looking for recognizable traits but finding none. Of course, she was in neutral territory, a good trek from her home borders, a stranger out hunting was hardly that alarming. Even if he was heading in the direction of the thicket. She couldn't help but be curious though, and despite the burdens already weighing on her shoulders, the vixen shewolf found herself getting to her feet, calling out to the lone male: "Hello there!"

Word count: 318

Thoughts ”Speech”  

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
waking up the ghost
renier lyall

It was hard not to miss the Reach. So many familiar faces, that would welcome him. Chase away part of the loneliness. There he doubted he would be as needed as he was here. Though he often wondered if he was doing what he really should by remaining.

A faint sigh, he continued at a walk, once more taking in the landscape. It wouldn't be much farther to the woodlands. A patch of rust caught his attention, calling out to him. Gold eyes focused, falling upon the lady. "'Lo," he replied with a dip of his head. Moving in her direction. He'd never met her before he was certain, and as he drew near he could tell she was from Secret Woodlands by scent.

"Hope I'm not impeding your walk?" A half smiled tugged at his muzzle, his posture neutral. Giving her a moment to answer before going straight to it. "I was on my way to the Woodlands, but maybe you could help me out?" He titled his head slightly, his gold eyes studied her for a moment. "I'm from Willow Ridge, and I know it's been some time, but wanted to see how it is doing since we have an alliance and all."

Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Aideen Athesila

The stranger answered her call, not appearing bothered by the disturbance as he swerved to move towards her. She walked out to meet him, smiling brightly and bowing her head in return to his greeting. Her tail swayed at her hocks, an airy laugh leaving her in answer to his comment. "Not at all," she assured, assuming by the question that her presence didn't bother him either. And he confirmed as much by the next words, her eyes widening slightly with surprise; A visitor..! Copper eyes studied the man with newfound curiosity, nostrils quivering as they took in his scent. She couldn't quite place it, not one she was overly familiar with, but a pack it was, and one that apparently knew of the Woodlands.

Aideen wasn't left in the dark for long, and her face lit up the mention of the Ridge. Though there had been little communication between their packs recently, Nina and Elettra's friendship had been old and strong, and the Woodlands considered the Willows an ally. So the queen nodded her head appreciatively, answering in a friendly voice: "Indeed it has, it's good to hear from you again. I'm Aideen Athesila, I lead Secret Woodlands." This might be news to the man, she wasn't sure how well informed the Ridge had been about the change last spring. In any case, more recent events in the thickets would be unknown to their southern allies. Aideen's face grew somber at the thought, with Miccah's illness keeping her busy, she and the pack had been too preoccupied to keep up with the alliance. Now was a chance to amend that though, and she took a deep breath, striking up a softer smile as she said: "We've got a lot to talk about."

Word count: 293

Thoughts ”Speech”  

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
waking up the ghost
renier lyall

She seemed a friendly sort of woman, tail moving freely with a laugh. He hadn't been in such company for awhile and it was a pleasant surprise. It was much easier to hold his smile, and not feel so out of place. He noticed the change in her look, but couldn't blame her for it. There hadn't been much of a relationship between their packs. Here he was, getting to that point.

Nothing seemed to change her good nature, as she introduced herself. Aideen Athesila, it was a beautiful name to match her face. She was the leader just who he needed to see. What an overall pleasant surprise.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Renier Lyall the Ridge's second under Elettra's brother Nicolo," he supplied in turn. Though, if she was lead now it meant Nina was no longer, and he couldn't help wonder how things had gotten to that point.

Gold eyes could see her expression change, and a single russet ear folded back, his muzzle smoothing. Giving her time, as this was important, and he worried what her now softer smile held.

"I'm a good listener," he gently spoke. "We can walk if it would help..." This point he felt it was time their alliance was rekindled, and the packs were not strangers. Even if that meant sharing bad news.