(See All?) Announcements
296 Users Online
Google, Bing

Enter the Damsel — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Anaia This thread takes place in the evening of the 11th of March.

After visiting with the wolves of Wild Rye Fields Kajika had traveled in the direction of Turtleback Lake.  He was eager to see the lake after all of the time that had passed since he was last there, he missed the lake.  Stumbling across the scent of another pack hadn't been in the plans but he knew he would have to visit.  So he decided he would do that the following day but night was starting to fall and he needed to find a place to rest.

He'd managed to catch himself a small prairie dog which would be enough to tide himself over until the next morning.  He carried his catch until he found a place to partake in his meal. Keeping a safe distance from the border and outlying areas Kajika came to a place that wasn’t too far from the borders of the pack but not too close either. He didn't want to travel too far as he planned to approach in morning. The grasses around him gave him some shelter from the wind that whipped across the tundra.  The dark man settled down to tuck into his meal and was halfway through when sound brought his ears to attention.

(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2017, 09:03 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Flywolf who has 128 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! Sorry this took so long!

-------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 294

Anaia had a lot on her mind.  The talk with her sister had been… interesting, to say the least, but she wasn’t sure how to go about her departure.  She was still so afraid… still too frightened to leave.  But she knew she had to.  She couldn’t live the rest of her life like this.  Where would she go? What could she do?

To make things worse, her entire body seemed to be burning.  This had never happened before and she was a little worried that she might be getting sick, but she didn’t go to Lorcan.  If she used any more of the herbs, @Morganna might kill her. That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but she was still terrified of what the alpha female would say if the smaller wolf turned up ill again.

So she endured it.  Standing in the cold wind helped, or breaking through the ice in the lake to stand in the frigid water.  Her paw had mostly healed by now, but it was still nice to have the chill.

She had wandered away once again, lost in her thoughts, when she smelled someone new.  She froze, sniffing the air.  It wasn’t one of the new members, was it? No, it was something she’d never smelled before.  Another pack, likely.

She turned to go back into her territory and report the stranger, but something drew her on.  The itching beneath her fur grew in intensity for a moment, and she struggled to ignore it. “Hello?” She called softly, afraid to call too loudly.  There wasn’t much to cover a wolf out here, yet she couldn’t seem to see him.  Perhaps he was down in the grass? Either way, Anaia was curious for the first time in months.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

There was no real shelter to be had but it was the first time Kajika had run into something such as this.  He wished all problems were as easy to solve as finding the softest bunch of grass to curl up in for the night. So far it had been a rather successful night as he'd had dinner and now a place to rest his head.  The trip had gone well too as he visited three packs and was going to be going to a fourth in the morning.

More importantly was why he was out here in the first place and it wasn't to visit wolf packs.  He did not know if he was over and feelings he had for Moonshadow.  He supposed he wouldn't know for sure if he was until then especially to make sure she wasn't asking any unnecessary questions.  The aat thing Kajika wanted or needed to have one of his and Moonshadows stand off going back and forth between themselves.

Kajika had just gotten himself settled in and was getting ready to rest for the night when a familiar scent came to his attention. It was the same smell he hadn't been able to escape, females all over the lore carried it.  He rose to his feet as the quiet greeting reached his ears piquing his curiosity as to why the female was out on her own this late.   She also carried the scent of the pack he planned to visit the following morning, he reached bout with his nose to take in more of the intoxicating scent before answering her.“Hello, I am here,” called to her as he took a couple of steps tail waving over his back, “Why are you out here by yourself?” A woman in her condition should be protected inside of pack lands.  His tongue swept over his lips as he waited for her to respond to his question.  At the same time he did his best to control the excitement her scent was bringing up in him.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2017, 05:20 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! Poor Kajika xD I totally forgot Anaia would be in heat during the trip!

Word Count: 227

Anaia somehow managed not to jump when she spotted the much larger man rising from the taller grass.  She wasn’t sure how, considering how jumpy she’d been as of late. She knew she shouldn’t fraternize with anybody out-of-pack, yet she found herself wanting his company. She resisted the urge to roll in the grass to sate the itching all over her pelt.  She would certainly have to make a trip to the lake after this, else she might just burn up.

Her ears flicked back and her tail drooped even further when he asked why she was out.  “I, um…” She swallowed, thinking back to her pack’s rules.  She wasn’t supposed to talk about the pack with outsiders.

“I like to be alone.” She said finally.  It wasn’t completely a lie; besides, what might he think if he knew she was terrified of her alphas? She didn’t want to put a bad reputation on them, especially not to a wolf who had never met them before.  She only assumed he was a perfect stranger; the smell of his pack was something foreign to her, so she felt sure it would be foreign to her leaders as well.

“Where are you from?” She asked, sniffing at him curiously. Maybe if she got some information she could pass to Craw and Morganna, she might be excused from wandering outside the pack borders.

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Ooc: No worries, I forgot too.

Really how many females in heat was he meant to have to control himself around during this trip.  It certainly was helping to take his mind off Moonshadow and in a way it might be the exact thing he needed.  On the other paw he wasn't sure breeding season had been the best choice when deciding on a time to make his way through the lore.  The scent of the females always there always exciting him but he's been good and had not acted though he hadn't had much of a chance.  Now this woman he knew he shouldn't so he tried to push down what was going through him.

Instead he concentrated on the fact she was out at night on the tundra alone and for a woman in her condition it wasn't safe. At first it didn't seem she had an answer to his question but then she stated she liked to be alone, his brow rose knowing how females could be. He stepped a little closer remaining cautious as he looked her over and inhaled her scent once more. “Why wouldn't you want the company of your pack?” He asked curiously, “Is being alone better than being with them?” perhaps the females had pushed her so she felt she needed to get away? Maybe her heat was too much for her, or maybe there was something else.

She turned the questioning back on him asking where he was from, “A pack down south on the mountain, Fallen Tree Cove,” he told her, “I stumbled on your pack earlier in the day and thought I would visit tomorrow.  Introduce myself and my pack,” he explained his eyes never leaving her.

Kajika didn't know what was wrong with him but he just couldn't stop himself from reaching out and lightly brushing her pale chin with the top of his muzzle. Perhaps he just needed a quick drink in the cold lake but then his mouth decided to work of it's own accord or maybe not.  He'd been on his own for awhile now and that did have a tendency to get to him, “If you don't want to be with your pack tonight you can stay keep me company?” He offered and perhaps he could do something to help her.  Though he had to keep in mind there were limitations.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2017, 07:52 PM by Kajika.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC! *Struggles to control characters*

Word Count: 267

The question about her pack caused her body to run cold for a moment.  The relief from the heat was only temporary, however, because she was soon burning again. Her tail tucked tightly between her legs and she glanced away.  How could she explain it without making them look bad? “I have a sister in the pack… but she’s gone most of the time.  I don’t really… fit.” She murmured before looking back at him in curiosity. The feeling inside of her was strange enough without the added fact that she couldn’t seem to be afraid.

“There’s a pack on a mountain?” The knowledge of mountains further south helped her think.  She was good on mountains – though there were avalanches on mountains, which she’d had enough experience with thank you very much – and liked the idea of returning to one. Maybe she could…

No.  She couldn’t leave.  They wouldn’t let her.

“Your pack might be better off not associating with the Monadnock.” Anaia muttered before she could stop herself.  She cowered when she realized what she’d said, quickly glancing around for pack members she imagined around every stone and in every hollow.

The touch of his muzzle on her chin startled her back out of her fear – kind of.  She blinked at him.  The idea of staying the night out here was preferable to returning to the Monadnock with the scent of a stranger on her pelt, and she’d been considering staying out anyway. But if he was planning on talking to the alphas the next day…

Once again, her mouth worked without her brain. “Okay.” What was happening to her?

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He wasn't expecting what happened when he asked about her pack but she shared exactly what it was that had her away from them. “Haven't you ever considered finding a place where you do fit? Where you know you will be happy?” He was suddenly worried about the girl, she didn't deserve to live in a place she wasn't comfortable. “I know your sister is here but if she's fine most of the time anyway?” He left that there for her to consider what it was that he was asking her.  He Kajika idly wondered what Namid and Vespertio would do if he brought home yet another stray.  He pushed that thought aside a moment as she asked about a pack on the mountain.

The dark male smiled and gave her a nod, “Yes, a very good pack.  We are like family there, it's been my home for almost two years now.” The live he had for the cove shine on his face as he spoke about them, as he was sure it always did.  He had not regretted a day of his life having made the decision to join the ranks.

His brow rose as her next admission, “Why do you say that?” He asked curious what she meant by what she'd said.  This was information he felt he needed to know so he could take it back to Namid and Vespertio. He stepped forward when she cowed and pressed his muzzle into her shoulder hoping it might ease her fear, “Don't worry I won't let anything happen to you.  I give you my word but I need you to tell me more.”

It seemed the brush of his muzzle did help in relieving some fear but not all of it which he supposed would come in time.  Before he knew what happened though she'd actually agreed to stay with him.  He pressed his muzzle into her scruff inhaling her scent, “Thank you it will be nice to not have to stay out here alone.” He then moved away to the clump of grass where he'd been resting before. “Come over here and we can continue this conversation.”

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2017, 08:36 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

OOC!  

Word Count: 252

“I had a family in the north, but we got separated and I ended up here.” She explained.  Why was she still talking? She should explain that she needs to get back and leave.  This was only inviting trouble.  What would Morganna do if she showed up with this man’s scent on her pelt after a night away from the pack? She shuddered to think.

But her body seemed to have a mind of its own.

She followed him to his makeshift nest before speaking again. Hearing him explain how they were like a family made her chest ache for her family back north in a way it hadn’t in a while. “It sounds like a good pack.” She said quietly, brushing her pelt against his.  She couldn’t decide if it relieved some of the burning beneath her skin or made it worse.

She considered ignoring his response to her comment, but his promise of protection caught her attention.  “How can you protect me when you leave?” She whispered, shaking her head. “I can’t tell you about the pack. They’ll kill me.”

She immediately knew she’d said too much. Her ears flattened and she pressed her body close to the ground, eyes widening as they flickered about.  She imagined Morganna or Craw suddenly appearing to tear her throat out.  If she betrayed the pack, she had no doubt that her life would be forfeit. She’d already cost them time and resources. The last thing she needed to do was give them another reason to hate her.

"Speech"  Thought

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“I'm sorry to hear that happened, I expect you miss them very much.” For a moment he was reminded of Moonshadow and what she'd told him about her parents.  He shook the ebony woman out of his mind so he could concentrate on the pale coated woman that was with him. The last thing he needed was to think about  his dark pelted friend when he had the woman in front of him to think about. It seemed she wasn't having a good go if it in her current pack, the one he planned to visit.

He'd gone back to his resting place asking her to share it with him for the night, “It is a good pack, you might find it to be a place where you can belong?” He suggested. The brush of her pelt sent shivers down his spine as came to lay by him. He nibbled at the place just below her ear in hopes it might relieve some of the symptoms he knew she was having.

He had offered to protect her from anyone that might harm her but she wanted to know how he would do that when he left. “By taking you with me,” he stated a brow raising at her next statement the fear she felt of her alphas clear. “You are not happy here and you shouldn't have to live in fear all the time. You don't have to follow me all the way home but I can at least take you away from this place.”

He knew trying to get her to tell him about her pack was futile when she feared death, “Perhaps if you decide to come you can tell me when you know they won't find out.” That said he dropped the subject as he placed a lick on her cheek, “It will be hard leaving your sister but I think she would want you to be happy.  Does she know how you feel about staying in your pack?"

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2017, 09:28 PM by Kajika.)