670 Users Online
Bing, Google, Morven

the man from jupiter — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
For @Rory || Northern end of Mountain of Dire, Morning, Cloudy, -3 ° F, -19 ° C

It wasn't the nicest day ever but he assumed it was better than heavy snow. The clouds hanging low or perhaps he was just high enough up that they seemed lower. Either way, he knew the sun wouldn't make much of an appearance today. The wind gave soft nips at his ears and nose when he couldn't find shelter behind slabs of rocks or in crevices. Perhaps today shouldn't be an exploring day. Maybe he should just find somewhere to rest. Laike also figured he should come up with some kind of survival plan mentioning he wasn't sure when or where he would like to settle down.

He kept pushing on though if only to see if there was something worthwhile out here. The large male was sure his luck was running thin on this mountain but he could try to make the best of it. His nose trying to take in all the scent. Nothing interesting so far, most of the place seeming as bare as bones. Laike let out a sigh and lowered his head down to protect his ears and nose from the breezes that came through. He couldn't stay here forever. Who knew how far this mountain stretched out and when he would find something worth eating up here. He might starve to death first. Hopefully his brother was doing better than him right now.
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Dun dun dun! jk lol

Somehow, someway, she had managed to find herself atop a mountain. It wasn't the craziest thing she'd done in her life, but it ranked rather high and for a moment she contemplated just going back where she came but cursing winds and sharp turns frightened her too much to turn back now, and thus she continued on. She hoped that eventually she would cross over to more leveled ground where she could make her way back to where she'd come but each step brought her higher until the elevation made breathing more difficult and the weather seemed to have cooled a whole 20 degrees from where it started. She immediately, and immensely, regretted her decision to even wander on this mountain, and hoped that once she was safe again, that she could live to tell about it.

It was once she turned another sharp corner that she caught whiff of something peculiar, it was as scent she didn't expect to find this far out but her paws moved faster in hot pursuit of the scent of male in the wind. She just knew that eventually, if his musk wasn't stale, that she would run into him. It didn't take long for the white battered form to grace her yellow gaze, but there he stood as scruff and violent looking as ever and yet Rory was excited to finally see someone. "You're a sight for sore eyes" she mentioned with a stiff wag of her bushy tail, a lopsided and forced smile formed along her maw. This wolf looked dangerous and yet Rory was welcoming the potential pain he could offer her.
(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2017, 06:08 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
He would never be alone no matter how hard he tried. Even here upon the highest of heights wolves would still somehow find him and decided to converse with him. Usually, it was a hello or merely a question about where something was (those had been what he encountered so far) but this was far different. It was a female and while he commonly avoided them this time of year it seemed this one had other ideas. He positioned himself to better see who it was.

A younger female, pale yellow eyes and a light colored coat with hints of darker shades. He was larger than her in both height and weight like he had been for many. Laike let his deep orange eyes settle on her face. "I think that is the first I've ever heard someone say that to me but thank you." He nodded his head politely as he accepted her compliment with deep tones. While she was a good looker herself the large male didn't feel the need to announce that.

"Mind me asking what has brought you up here?" He stayed where he was to have a better chance at ignoring the scent that came with her.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
^-^

It hadn't occurred to Rory, not once since her gradual aging into adulthood, that the constant feeling of cramps and pungent scent that  flowed from her as she walked would drive males insane this time of year. It could be the fact that she had never felt any kind of love since puphood, which had been many moons ago, and her desire to be loved as an adult had been drowned by the constant desire to simply live...the way Laike looked her over simply went over her head. She allowed the smile to fade finally, ears fell slow to her crown as she approached the male, cautiously, with stiff wags of her thick tail and unbeknownst to her, wafted the scent of heat quicker to him. "You are welcome then," she acknowledged his previous comment and approached closer, careful not to place her paws down inappropriately.

He asked her what had brought her to the mountain and for the briefest of moments Rory's shoulder shrugged, legitimately unsure about whether she had come in search of more food or a pleasant face, but in either case she found both--one in the form of a rabbit nest, the other carried battle scars of a warrior. "I'm not sure actually. You?" she asked, wanting to deflect the attention from her as quickly as possible. Small talk was not her strongest area.

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
He almost didn't hear her welcome when she moved closer, her scent enough to frazzle the nerves in his brain. The large male stood his ground as if scared what might happen if he took a step forward or back. He slowly nodded his head to show that somewhere in his jumbled mind he heard what she had said.

If she hadn't flipped the topic onto him he might have ignored everything. She had about as much of a reason to be here as he did. "Survival." He responded in his deep voice. Part of him was surprised his tongue hadn't melted in his mouth or been knotted up. "Nothing exciting really." The large male nervously looked to the ground before looking back at her. Such pretty yellow eyes. They were perhaps even prettier than the stunning green ones he had seen on Hecate. He had never been much of a guy into the flashy ones. That wasn't to say that this stranger wasn't flashy. She had her own special qualities.

"I'm Laike." He introduced himself with a small smile. The Artemieva male wasn't sure what else there was to say but he needed to distract himself somehow. If that meant fumbling with words till something sounded right then so be it.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
As she expected, her approach invoked little movement from her company and she stopped only when she could just make out the exact color of his eyes and the faint outlines of his scars which had healed rather horribly across his maw--despite these flaws, Laike seemed as stoic and calm as herself. His company was welcomed, most likely from the fleeting euphoria of heating season, and she lowered to her haunches in a comfortable sit as if she were in the company of a good friend and his presence alone had allowed her guard to lift. Inwardly her heart was pounding a million miles per minute and her tongue had grown dry, but he would not notice this before the master pretender in Rory would not allow these flaws to show face, instead he saw the frail face of a youth who had come upon hard times. "Survival sounds about right." her voice flowed easily with the weakest of smiles as her eyes searched those of his own. What were they really doing on this mountain?

He gave his name and she felt the smile tug harder at the curves of her jaw but she looked to her pale paws in hopes that he would not notice it, he seemed so nice and inviting at such a dangerous height and the Thanne woman could do nothing but bend to his subliminal advances--not that she would have been able to fight them anyway. "I'm Rory, it's a pleasure Laike." at least she hoped, the phase had been repeated so often between her and other strangers that it had become second nature to produce it in such a convenient time with this strange male. She fell silent, unsure of where to carry the conversation to next but the gaze she gave to Laike seemed to plea that he knew where to carry them next.

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
He couldn't hold back the soft chuckle as she spoke. Laike didn't mean it in a rude way. He simply found it a bit funny that they both seemed to have nothing but survival on the mind. At least that's what he believed to be on both of their minds. If there was anything else then Laike certainly couldn't tell. Granted he had never been one good at those kinds of encounters or even good with females in general.

When she spoke her name his eyes lit up a bit. Rory. What a unique name. His name sounded so sweet coming from her. Was it hormones or did he truly enjoy her voice? If it had been any other time of year he would have gone with the latter. "Pleasure is all mine, Rory." He was partially relieved that she took a seat. Laike kept standing as his tail swayed happily behind his beefy form. "If you don't mind me asking...are you traveling alone or with someone?" Oh how he hoped she'd say alone. Laike wanted her company to himself if only for a bit. She seemed sweet and innocent. He was convinced that even if hormones were wild she wouldn't trick him into something neither of them was likely prepared for. Not to mention she had that loner scent on her just like he had.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
@Laike should probably start tagging you so that no post is missed XD

His chuckle, deep even despite its softness, brought a shiver down her spine and she averted his gaze from this shooting feeling alone--never before had a laugh made her feel so vulnerable and open. She cleared her throat in an attempt to ignore the feelings that had suddenly overcome her, this male loner was beginning to make her feel weaker than she had felt from lack of food alone, it was a toss up of whether she was enjoying this sensation. "Am I funny to you?" she asked, the question was much more bolder than the sane Rory would have asked and it was too late to take it back now, so she simply waited for his response, all the while a tingle formed in her stomach. what is happening to me? her mind began racing all the while concentrating on the conversation before her.

"I am all alone Laike." her vulnerability was showing, in the very way she said his name to the fact that she made it a point to ensure to him that no one else would interfere with this meeting, was proof enough that Rory was longing for something beyond her control. Another sudden shiver down her spine made her lift to shake out her winter coat but she quickly settled back to her haunches, not wanting to make the meeting more awkward than it needed to be by standing the entire time. "are you comfortable?" she questioned, noticing that he had yet to take a seat. She wasn't going to harm him, at least it wasn't her intention and she could only hope his' were the same.
(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2017, 05:50 AM by Rory.)

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Oh, his laugh had been taken wrong and suddenly he felt the air leave his lungs. Mouth in a small "O" formation. "I, uh, I just.." His tongue finally melting in his mouth. "I guess I just found humor that two strangers want the same thing." He felt his breath become uneven as he looked down at his paws. What a dumb fool he was. Her hearty scent didn't help him gather his mind at all.

He looked at her face when she spoke. She used his name and his heart beat picked up because something about it sounded different than he had ever heard before. Alone, though. That was a good sign. "I am too, @Rory." The large male spoke softly as if he was scared he might break her by saying the wrong thing. There was an air of fragileness and innocence around her. It was so much the opposite of how he saw himself. Hadn't he heard somewhere that opposites attract, though? Maybe it was just a giant myth and everything was mere coincidence.

His tongue nervously moved out of his mouth to lick his ebony lips. "Yes, I'm fairly comfortable. Do I make you uncomfortable?" He voice with a hint of concern. When she moved her scent was wafted about again and he finally had to take a seat so he wouldn't fall over.
(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2017, 05:57 AM by Laike.)