(See All?) Announcements
388 Users Online
Google, Apollo, Bing

hiding somewhere in the night — Panorama Peak 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 129 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Snowmaggedon! A foot of snow has fallen overnight! @Askan and/or @Reyes maybe? 20th March, evening.
from the darkness into the light, now is your time
Phoenix Avalon

There was a familiar scent along the eastern slope of the peak and without stopping to check with her companions she had broken off with her nose in the snow leading this way and that. It tugged at something deep inside her, left a tightness at the back of her chest. The beginnings of a headache were building in her temple, the now healed gash on her head the source of all her pain and torment. But she knew this scent! Somewhere in the back of her mind she acknowledged Odin's sigh, the sound of footsteps following her and the muted suggestion that she was dragging this out, they were almost there. But what did there matter when she knew there was something more important here.

The scent seemed to be enough to give her companions pause, something was muttered behind her but she kept on pressing forward, assuming they had decided to stay for the night and were off searching for some sort of shelter. She could find them again when her curiousity was sated. She hadn't even noticed the snow falling until an inhaled snowflake set of a fit of sneezing. Perhaps that had been what they were talking about back wherever it was they had stopped trailing after her? But if she didn't move fast the familiar scent would be buried. She kept on pushing forwards.

(This post was last modified: Mar 19, 2017, 09:09 AM by Phoenix.)
[Image: alice_pixels_by_marinatedmermaid_db0ijia...bx39aw.gif]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan wanted nothing more than to just disappear, like a memory that fades with time. As cowardly as it might seem, he was convinced that it was the only option, that if he was forced to face the truth and admit that he'd failed...Well, honestly that was what he was so afraid of. He knew that seeing the look of disappointment in Drestig's eyes would be like a stab to the heart. He'd sworn that he would bring Percy home safe and sound, and where was she? For all intents and purposes he might as well have lied. Maybe that it was, maybe he'd been lying to himself all along, somehow he'd convinced himself that it was possible to find her. That it was only a matter of looking. If only it were so simple, so easy.

There was a problem though, or rather he knew that wherever he went Reyes would follow. Which sort of defeated the purpose of vanishing in the first place. It's not that he didn't want him close, because honest to the Gods he did but...It was too cold to think about such things and the sooner they made it through the palisade the sooner they'd get home. Was it really home though, without such an important part missing? She had always been there, when others hadn't and once again he couldn't help but feel as though he didn't want to go back. He didn't want to face the truth, he wanted to bury his head in the snow and die. But of course-again- he knew that Reyes wouldn't let him. Which in this moment was both a blessing and a curse.

With a sigh, Askan came to a stop and a few moments later he heard Reyes do the same, with no doubt a question burning the end of his tongue.

"I'm not sure what I should say." He admitted, turning so he could hide his face against Reyes' shoulder. His voice was low and quiet, as though speaking was a struggle. "I mean we tried but...I should have done more. Do you think he'll hate me?" He paused, trying and failing to swallow around the lump in his throat. "I think he should."

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

There was something a bit difficult about tracking a wolf he’d never met before – but that was why Drestig had allowed the pair of males to leave Wild Rye Fields for an extended period of time in the first place, and Reyes would be damned if he ignored that because the task at hand was hard.

What was more difficult than that, however, as Askan’s seeming despair over their inability to locate the youngest Avalon. They drew to a slow halt and he huffed quietly, allowing the beta to use him as a snot rag, if nothing else. Sure, it was a little gross – but he’d signed up for this shit, hadn’t he? If he didn’t want to deal with Askan’s occasional moods, he wouldn’t have joined Wild Rye Fields, and he certainly wouldn’t have attached himself to the younger wolf. So he huffed, but he didn’t move, twisting enough to nibble on the other wolf’s ruff as he moaned into Reyes’ neck.

Not unlike the wolf next to him, he had no idea what to say. Not to the alpha, but the clearly distressed beta. He sighed, opening his mouth – but the thoughts died somewhere halfway out of his throat. Comfort really wasn’t his schtick. “We’ll--”

That thought died, too. Someone had sneezed in the distance and Reyes ears flew back, hackles straight up. Someone was trailing them, and they hadn’t even noticed! To think, he’d only been in the pack what, a month? And his skills were so dull already.

“Who’s there?” he demanded, more irritated he hadn’t noticed them sooner.

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]