556 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neva, Aven, Sophrosnia

Simple things and subtleties, they always stay the same — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
For @Reyes and @Aleksei

Askan didn't exactly want to leave the field so soon, after all they'd only just gotten back, but someone had to tell the River wolves that Percy had been found. And as per usual, this task fell upon the guardian's shoulders. By no means was he complaining, he adored the fact that @Drestig trusted him with such things, but after spending some time away all he really wanted to do was fall back into his old routines. Everything was as it should be, @Phoenix was back home and for the most part she was unharmed. The wound to her head was of course rather troubling, but it had healed up well and from what he could tell it had been tended to by someone who knew what they were doing. She would carry the scar for the rest of her life, but a mark was easily the best case scenario in comparison to what could have happened.

It wasn't all so bad though, Askan had Reyes by his side and in his eyes that certainly wasn't something to turn his nose up at. Sure, he could have made this trip alone but where was the fun in that? They both claimed they weren't stuck together at the hips, but given the choice Askan would always chose to have him nearby, rather than go without.

"A snake that can kill a wolf with one bite?" Askan asked, sounding completely aghast. Before he started laughing that was. "Right, and Icicle can kill a bison just by looking at it. Pffft, who do you take me for Reyes?" Swatting him with a flick of his tail, Askan came to a halt and whirled around so he could give Reyes' muzzle a playful nip. He then turned around and continued walking through the snow as though he'd done no such thing. "Seriously though, we're not far from the River wolves border now. Shouldn't take long, we'll just say what he need to be all polite, then go. Easy. So what do you want to do when we get back? Sleep, hunt? I don't mind." He shrugged, as they closed the distance between themselves and the Hearthwood border. As long as he was with Reyes, he was happy. As sappy as it sounded.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Askan might not have wanted to leave the Wild Rye territory so quickly, but constant movement did not phase the former loner in the slightest. After all, he’d spent most of his life shifting from one spot to the next – the earth (or in this case, snow) beneath his paws felt good, and if he had his favorite wolf by his side? He had no complaints. Given his fairly recent debacle with Icicle and the resulting talk he’d gotten from Drestig, the swarthy male wasn’t all that keen on sticking around, anyways.

Who would even miss him, when his only friend was standing right next to him?

“Icicle ain’t got no damn venom in his teeth, cabrón,” Reyes snorted, throwing his weight into Askan as they walked. The man had asked – what was the point if he wasn’t going to listen to the stories the southerner actually had to tell. “‘sides, these snakes are mean, and got more than two brain particles to run together, comprende?” He came to a halt only a fraction of a length behind his partner, tail relaxed behind him as Askan gave him the basic run down. Easy enough. Reyes nodded. It didn’t even sound like the delta would have to talk. That was his kind of diplomacy.

REYES | Dead man walking.

Played by Mimi who has 192 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Guardian Demonstration 1/3

He'd been brooding. A lot. He was still quite frustrated, not to mention a little shaken and confused. Knowing that, once again, a younger sister had jeopardised her place in the pack for the sake of a bit of fun was exasperating. He'd said his piece to Inna, of course, but he couldn't shake the bristling that would come when his brain gently prodded him and reminded him that, hey, your sister mucked up real bad. She might be happy to be carrying some male's spawn, but Aleksei … well, he certainly wanted to find the nasty vermin who had defiled his sibling so carelessly, so disrespectfully.
Idiots, both of them.

In a desperate attempt to distract himself from the constant self-goading, the Baranski took to the borders daily. He marked them well, made sure to reinforce that there was more than one male here, and this one was certainly territorial—they wouldn't be able to identify the scent as belonging to a subordinate, and that, in Aleksei's eyes, meant they'd be less keen on sniffing after his sisters lest they incur some leader's wrath.

Chattering caught his attention, and he lifted his head with ears perked; two voices, one vaguely familiar. He pursed his lips and racked his brains (who did that voice belong to?) before giving an exasperated huff, deciding he'd most likely recognise them by scent or sight. Trotting forward, it wasn't long before he spotted two dark furred males making their way towards the border. “'Lo there,” he greeted, coming forward so that he could meet them head on. His tail curled instinctively over his back as he slowed, though he remained neutral in tone—they seemed to be friendly. “What business do you have with Hearthwood River? Uh, wait.” Chartreuse eyes settled on the smaller of the two.

A name sprang to mind. He tested it, cautiously. “I remember you—Askan, wasn't it?” If it was him, Aleksei felt a pang of guilt at not being able to place face to voice immediately.
(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2017, 07:47 PM by Aleksei.)
Let the roots & soil drink of me
Whispering leaves & pointing branches will tell them where I'm lying
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
scouting 1/3

The idea of a mean snake wasn't a good one. The snakes Askan knew would usually just slither away, but the idea of a snake trying to pick a fight with him? That it could make him sick with just one bite? His nose crinkled in disgust and he decided that Reyes was telling the truth. After all, if there were plants that could kill, surely a snake could do the same sort of thing.

"Ew." He wrinkled his nose in disgust for a moment, but his expression soon relaxed into a smile. "Bet you're glad we don't have them here." Honestly, Askan was relived as well but he wasn't going to outright admit that. Not unless Reyes pushed him too.

Pretty soon after Askan had laid out the plan they were greeted by the sight of-was that Aleksei? He was pretty sure it was, they'd only met once but Askan had always been pretty good with faces. And the fact that he'd asked the Hearthwood alpha about him just the other day meant his face was fresh in his mind. For a moment the Selwyn felt a spike of disappointment as it seemed that they weren't on the same page, that Aleksei couldn't remember him. Was he that forgettable? He was sure if he asked Reyes he wouldn't say so, but he was clearly an exception to the general rule. He was the exception to a great deal many of Askan's rules as well, but that was aside the point.

The beta had just been about to explain who they were and why they were there when Aleksei seemingly had a revelation. Ah, so he did remember! Good. It wasn't one sided then. That made Askan feel a great deal better.

"Yeah, that's me." He swished his tail in a lazily, as though waving hello before letting it fall back into place. "Just wanted to let your people know that Percy has been found and she's back home. No sign of her attacker though." He added with a grumble, squinting a little.

With a sigh and a 'pretend accidental' brush against Reyes' side, Askan felt the tension ease from his shoulders. It wasn't so bad, they'd find him and make him pay. It was only a matter of time.

"So yeah, how are things for you? Oh and this is Reyes by the way." He motioned with a wave of his snout.

(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2017, 05:23 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Oh, and this is Reyes, by the way.

If it were only them, he would have frowned – but one of the Hearthwood River wolves were here, and embarrassing Askan publically was rather low on his list of things to do. When they were alone in the safety of their shared burrow? He’d gladly take the piss out of the younger wolf. And he had half a mind to do as much later, too. But given he wasn’t really addressed beyond the absent-minded introduction, he only pushed his weight back into the Rye beta and gave a short nod, confirming that he was, indeed, Reyes.

“Encantada de conocerte,” he decided on, offering Aleksei one of his most winning smiles. That neither of the other men would have any idea what he just said was perhaps the point – served the River wolf right for essentially ignoring him – and perhaps that little thorn of irritation would be enough to communicate to Askan his mild displeasure without a grand show.

Perhaps he should teach Askan his mother tongue, he decided after a moment. The ability to communicate with his packmate in secret, whilst in the presence of others, certainly had a great deal of appeal. But he’d consider that later. For now, they had diplomacy to deal with.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Guardian Demonstration 2/3
Thank God he'd been right! Relief swept through the River male, and a genuine smile crept onto his features. It was always nice to see a friendly face from beyond the borders. At the time of their first meeting, He had felt a prickle of irritation at Askan's choice of words, but, with the gift of hindsight, it was plain to see that the Rye wolf was doing his best to comfort an obviously upset Aleksei—were the roles reversed, it would most likely have played out exactly the same; awkward there theres and metaphorical pats on the back with good intentions but shitty delivery.

Aleksei gave a nod at the news, brows furrowing slightly—he had no clue as to who Percy was (no doubt thanks to his little crusade), but the fact that there was a wolf out there attacking other wolves was enough to cause concerned to settle in his gut. At the very least he could be relieved that the victim was safe, and perhaps a tad envious that Askan had found his missing person. “I'll be sure to pass the message on—glad she's been found.” Wish I had your god given luck. “And I'll keep an eye out for any suspicious sorts. Do you have any details about her attacker?” Snapping his jaws and charging at every shifty bastard he came across probably wouldn't be the best line of action.

Aleksei couldn't help but feel himself stiffen as Askan asked how things were with him, but he was thankfully given no chance to reply immediately as the Rye wolf introduced his companion and … and Aleksei found himself at a loss over the words that left Reyes' mouth. What kind of nonsense was that? Was … was he mocking him? Why the hell would he do that? Well, en-ta-da de blah-blah right back at him then!

Despite the fact that his nose had been very much put out of joint, Aleksei forced up a charming smile of his own in response. “Reyes,” he said, committing the gibberish speaking wolf's name to memory (like he'd be able to forget someone who'd given him that kind of surprise), “nice to meet you. Name's Aleksei. And things haven't been great in Hearthwood, Askan.” His gaze settled back on his acquaintance with a slight frown. “A stranger has helped my sister break pack law, and that's something I don't particularly want to let go unpunished.” The implication behind those words was very much I want to kick his arse. “Would either of you happen to know a male that's mentioned being in the company of Inna Baranski?”
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
scouting 2/3

"Other than he's dark. Not really. I'm guessing he's a loner? Not from these parts at least."

Honestly, Askan hoped that he would come back. He hoped he'd be dumb enough to turn up at their borders, because Askan would be there and he wouldn't hesitate. He'd kill him and he wouldn't regret it for even a second. Anyone who hurt Percy on purpose and stole her from her loving family deserved to die, it was a simple as that. He'd made someone bleed for the safety of the field before and fuck, he'd do it again. Pulling in another deep breath, Askan tried to smother the scalding anger that burned within. The last thing he wanted was for Aleksei to think he was mad at him, and for no reason too. The River wolf hadn't done anything wrong, he didn't deserve ire that wasn't his own.

Admittedly, Askan couldn't help but huff in amusement at the flash of confusion that appeared in Aleksei's eyes when Reyes offered a greeting in his native tongue. In hindsight he could laugh and think it was funny, but not so long ago he was in Aleksei's shoes wondering just what the hell did he mean by blah blah blah? It wasn't to say that he understood his fancy language, it was simply that he'd gotten used to the rhythm of it. So much so that recognised a few words if Reyes said them often enough.

As funny as it was, the conversation quickly took a turn. Things weren't looking good for the River wolves? Why? What had happened? Was there anything the Rye wolves could do to help? Ah... Whatever problem Askan had in mind, it didn't feature a girl and...He never imagined that it would have anything to do with sharing the company of said girl. Was that a euphemism? It sort of sounded like one, but Askan wasn't quite sure and knowing his track record with these sorts of things he couldn't help but side-eye Reyes, as though to say 'help!' And sure, he'd met Inna a while back, but he hadn't shared her company, they'd hunted rabbits.

"Um...If you're saying what I think you are...Then no? I mean, we haven't done that with her. And no one else in our pack has... I'm pretty sure the only guy who might can't because....He's not all there." This was all rather strange and awkward as fuck. He cleared his throat. "You need help looking for this guy then? I mean, if any guy screwed around with my sister I'd be pissed. Right, Reyes?"

(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2017, 05:23 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Aleksei.”

Hah! He’d seen that – seen the tightening of muscles, the evident flash of confusion. Served that asshole right, completely ignoring him for Askan. And yes, sure, Reyes would be the first to admit he too found the Wild Rye Fields beta to be quite distracting, but surely any wolf who came to the pack borders to greet visitors would have some semblance of manners. He knew that and he wasn’t a damn pack wolf.

Not at heart, anyways.

But he kept any further comments to himself, allowing Askan to relay the information about the heiress’ assault (and the lawless wolf at large). Though that was all they’d come to do, it seemed the wolves of Hearthwood River were not without their own problems; a loner had bred with a pack wolf. Aleksei’s sister, no less – it was always the rogues, wasn’t it? His ears rolled back as he huffed, thick fur starting to bristle across his spine at the very thought.

“Convenido,” he rumbled, voice thick and smoky. “I’d kill ‘em.” He’d rake the twins across the coals, too – but that was for him and his family to deal with. Never mind that they were all loners, that there was no pack law – but a fatherless cub was a fatherless cub. Just look how he turned out. “I assume she hasn’t let on to the identity of her Casanova, sí?”

Scout Demonstration 1/3 -- Assisting interpack relationships.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Aleksei frowned as he listened, nodding his head once with a thoughtful “hm”. Of course, he hadn't meant to come across as accusing either of the swarthy men before him. Were he to recognise either of their scents as the one that clung to his sister there wouldn't have been a chance to exchange pleasantries. “I didn't think for a moment it could have been you.” Askan wasn't the type to do that, or so Aleksei liked to believe, and surely the man kept company with wolves of similar morals. 

Thankfully, the Rye Field's second was able to give reassurance than none of his fellow pack mates were the perpetrators of Inna's defiling. So, that took one pack out of the equation, and it left only the males of Whitestone Monadnock and White Fir Notch as suspects. Of course it could have been a loner, but targeting Hearthwood's neighbours first seemed like the logical thing to do. He need only visit their borders, after all. A wolf's scent did not change drastically—at least, not a male's.

“She hasn't given a name, no. Thankfully, I won't need one to track the bastard—she reeked of him, and I don't think I'll soon forget that kind of surprise.” Aleksei's nose almost wrinkled at the memory (walking into a wall of man stink had not been fun), and all he could do to prevent it from creasing his muzzle into a silent growl was give a sharp, frustrated huff and a shake of his pelt. This whole situation was growing rapidly out of hand, and Aleksei wasn't happy in the slightest. Every day without action could risk losing his only lead—a smell.

He had a plan though, one he couldn't see failing or turning up a dead end. Inna had come home from the north—that much was obvious. All it would take would be to catch her scent, follow it, and hope that it would lead him to his quarry.

After that, things got a little hazy in his mind.

“Whoever he is, he's not going to get away with it. He'll pay—sins like Inna's don't come in halves.” His brows knitted, a scowl marring his face. Aleksei was far from a saint, but a man who mated with a woman and left her to take the brunt of her idiocy alone was no man at all, just a liability. A lazy coward who lived to satiate his own needs and not take his part of the responsibility of forming new life. It was despicable.
(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2017, 03:27 PM by Aleksei.)