580 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

my heart is burning red — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cadence who has 112 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Ember Reinier
For @Lena only. Backdated to 2/28.

Really, she was just trying her best to stay out of everyone's way. Despite some wolves' best attempts, Ember's heat had taken over her, and she was utterly uncomfortable with everything the season was proving to encompass. Yet the Bend was far more tight knit of a pack than the Pines had been (even if it was just now beginning to pull together), and Ember knew she wouldn't be able to completely ghost her way through the month like she wanted.

Especially when it came to Lena.

Ember had wanted to befriend the girl; they were around the same age and the other youth had a sunny, vibrant personality that was reminiscent of Ember's own bubbly persona. It seemed they would make good friends, and why shouldn't they? Despite discovering that the very reasons she'd chosen the pack were long gone, she planned on keeping her word and sticking with the group for the long haul. So long as the pack wasn't plagued with disappearances like the Pines had been, it was likely that these were the wolves she would grow old with.

But now? The past few times she'd run into the other, she'd left utterly mortified. Something about the girl was pulling her in like a magnet and heating her up like a fire. It tied her tongue and stole her grace, and the worst part of it was that as much as she hated acting the way she did, a part of her still hoped to keep running into her. Lena was on her mind far more than she should have been, and even when she knew what she was headed toward, Ember couldn't help herself.

They were about to cross paths, the wind told her. It was accidental, and she still had time to stop it, to turn away. But not only would that be rather rude, but that base instinct within her wanted this chance passing. Her ears tipped downward as the other girl came into view, muted gold catching the softest green. She tried on a smile, but maybe it was more of a grimace.

"Heya, Lena."

Played by Mimi who has 69 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lena Donata
we yell to the windshield
“i'm finally home, i'm finally home”

Lena desperately wished her mother was here to help her through this.

She had never felt this hot under her skin, nor so itchy and fidgety. No matter how she scratched and nibbled at her skin, teeth combing through fur and plucking out the shedding winter coat, she couldn't shake the feeling of fleas under her skin, skipping across her muscles – it was honestly starting to drive her mad.

Lena had never been a still girl, always having to move somehow, but this was different! And annoying! She'd tried rolling in dust, rubbing herself against tree trunks, even running 'til she was a slobbery, panting wreck, but nothing worked.

She figured, eventually, what the problem was, and why the heat settled there of all places (it was honestly horrifically embarrassing, mortifying even) – her heat had barrelled into her full force and knocked all of her hormones out of whack. If her mother was here, she could've helped, couldn't she? Told her the secret tips and tricks on how to cure womanly ailments. After all, she'd lived longer than Lena had and must have experienced heat under another woman (one who was getting quite snappy and snarly at that).

Instead, she'd have to slog through it alone.

With thoughts of taking a nice, cold dunk in the stream occupying her thoughts (maybe the cold would combat the heat), she had trotted through the Bend, making sure to stay to herself – Aponi had been giving the stink eye to every female who got too close to Serach, even if that wolf was his niece. She was feeling a bit out of sorts, thanks to the itchy-itchy-itch under her skin and hadn't even realised she'd crossed paths with a fellow Bend wolf!

Ember was a curious gal. She rarely seemed to reach out to any one, and running into her was a rare occurrence indeed. An enjoyable one at that – the pale girl was just so quirky and silly and downright adorable. Which startled Lena the first time she came to that conclusion. She put it down to simply finally making another friend who was a girl – she'd only ever had her sister to play with, after all.

“Oh, hey,” came her chirped reply, though her tongue felt thick and warped her voice to be a little lower than usual – ugh. “What're y'doin' around here, Embug?” Her playful little nickname, taken from Ember's current decision to be an elusive critter. “I was headin' over to the stream, fancy takin' a dip with me? I feel-” itchy, hot, irritated, like I want to scream day and night, fidgety “-a little grimy.”

art by kydnt, code by mimi
Played by Cadence who has 112 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Ember Reinier
Embug, ugh. Why'd she have to call her something so frickin' adorable? It was a wonderful pet name, but god did it make her uncomfortable. In a good way, almost, but not quite because more than anything she was just confused and embarrassed by her own tumultuous emotions. Her ears shied back even more, now resting completely against her skull as she continued to smile sheepishly at the other girl, attempting to hide all that was going on within the pit of her stomach.

They rose tentatively as she was surprised with an invitation. Spending time with the girl sounded wonderful, and yet terrifying at the same time. She had half a mind to scramble for a reason to turn her down, but her mind came up blank and anyways, cold water sounded so perfect right now.

"I feel the same," she admitted, before nodding as enthusiastically as she could muster. "I'd love to join ya."

Hopefully, frigid submersion would help her feel better and keep her from making a complete fool of herself. That's what she was so afraid of, was simply frightening Lena away from her. Things were weird now, but once this wretched month was over, the heat would surely pass and Ember really did want to be friends after it all. That couldn't happen if Lena thought she was a creep now.

"I'll uh," her paws drew together as she angled away, tail lifting and giving a few half-hearted wags, "I'll race ya!"

Games were good distractions, too. With a more genuine, and toothy, grin thrown the other girl's way, she bolted off.
[Image: wWiXRe2.gif]
[Image: BYPyAlz.png]