527 Users Online
Google, Bing, Clover

if you're not the one — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Night, Overcast, 23°F, -5°C. Music Inspiration

He’d been out all day on another long walk again, or as Lorcan liked to call it ‘scouting’.

Truthfully, the agouti male had just been using the time away from the communal pack area to think. Soo much had happened in such a short space of time and, if he was honest, Lorcan wasn’t entirely sure how to deal with it.

A part of him kept thinking that @Piety had strung him along and then jumped at the opportunity when someone better had presented themselves. However, another part of him refused to believe that his dearest friend could be so cruel. Maybe, maybe he had simply jumped to conclusions too soon. Maybe their time together hadn’t been as special for her as it had been to him.

Lorcan knew deep down that he needed to talk to her soon. It was just hard. The thought of talking about it all just seemed too awkward. Maybe that was why he had spent so much time away, too avoid that conversation.

He always returned though. Like now, in the dead of night when he was sure that almost everyone would be asleep. A quiet sigh left his lips as he stepped up from the goat track and on to the cold hard stone of the plateau. Silently, his golden eyes peered despondently through the darkness, half hoping to spot a familiar pale figure standing there, waiting for him to return home like she always had.

She wasn’t there though — and why would she have been?! She had moved on.  
(This post was last modified: Mar 22, 2017, 07:55 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
She truly felt too much to be able to explain everything. While she certainly didn't distance herself from those still left she did grow silent. Morganna was easy to interact with through sounds and general body expression. Wraith was more difficult to just give shoves and whines to. He deserved more than her moody silence but that didn't mean he was going to get more just yet.

All these things kept her up. She was tossing and turning in the den between her two dark friends. Was she hungry? Had to use the restroom? No, no. She did believe she was fine on both of those ends. Maybe a late stroll would do her good. The pale female lifted herself from the slumbering bodies and planted a kiss on Morganna's head and then one upon Wraith's cheek. She stretched briefly before finally exiting the warm den. As soon as she was about to make a B-line for the track down the monadnock she swore she caught someone. Perhaps part of her hoped it to be her imagination but this was all rather real.

With silence and grace, she moved like a ghost towards where she had spotted the healer. Once she was close enough she spoke in a gentle whisper to not wake the others. "Remember when we first talked? How I was so dumbly nervous that I would never fit in but you told me to just get involved. We talked about signs and what the stars might be. You told me about skyfire." She felt her lips pull up into a smile. Were her eyes growing damp? It certainly did feel like it. "I had never been so amazed by someone." Piety could feel her throat tighten. He deserved to hear her feelings more than ever. "I still don't think someone has amazed me as much as you." Her eyes looked out into the darkness as if too scared what he might do or say. She was a hurricane and she always would be.

"I'm sorry things got so messy."
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Greeted with nothing but an empty space, his golden gaze fell to the floor in silent disappointment. They remained there, staring at nothing but the dark rock beneath his paws as he traipsed forwards — that was, until a flash of white fur shattered the dark abyss ahead of him.

Glancing up, his stoic golden stare slid slowly up the familiar feminine figure that quietly approached him and stole his breath away all in the same instant. His stomach lurched forwards and his heartbeat quickened in panic as his limbs slowed to a halt.

Her voice, but a whisper, summoned tears to his eyes. He could do nothing but listen, words failing him as his mind grew blank. That smile. His chest ached. He felt the corner of his lips tug downwards in disbelief, unable to hide behind that stoic façade he had been wearing up until then.

"I had never been so amazed by someone."—his ears perked up and his eyes narrowed, head tilting to the subtly to one side. Was this real? He could feel his skin grow hot beneath the thick fur of his neck, and his brows furrowed as a sick feeling crawled up his throat.

Golden eyes looked across to her for a moment as he searched for those dark doe-brown eyes, hoping to find some sign in them. He couldn’t blame her for getting involved with the other pack members, after all it had been his advice for her to do so, but—“Why him?” He finally breathed, voice cracking as he struggled to remain neutral and composed. 
(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2017, 10:03 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
His words had not been what she expected. Part of her was hurt but she understood. He had every right to know why it had been Wraith. "Come with me." She flicked her tail and slowly moved towards the goat track down the monadnock. The dove wanted to simply be alone with Lorcan for this conversation.

Her steps were all from memory. She struggled to find words to tell him. Piety could have told him that she enjoyed Wraith's company beyond belief and that he had been there, but that seemed too harsh. Lorcan had been there but he seemed to whisk away anytime she came into view. Like how he ran off when she caught him with Saradathia. Her tongue felt like a puddle in her mouth but she had to say something. "I saw you the day after I had been given permission. You and Saradathia so friendly. When you caught sight of me you fled and disappeared." What was her excuse, though? She hadn't even waited that long before she and Wraith got tangled up in each other. Did that make her another floozy?

"I like him. He likes me." As if that wasn't obvious but she was careful not to say the word love. Did they love each other? Piety certainly loved the Whitestone Monadnock wolves as a whole but when it came to feelings individually she wasn't sure what words were right to use. The Santoro could certainly see herself loving Wraith but she could also see herself loving a few other wolves. It made her feel uncomfortable. "I'm not really sure if I have a clear answer on why, though. I understand if you're still upset over it. Regardless Wraith will be the father, that's something I can't change and I'm not sure I would change even if I could." Piety couldn't fix everything with smiles, laughter, and love.

She looked out to the darkness before looking back to the tawny healer. "Can I ask who she was?" Piety hoped that Lorcan would understand who she was talking about. The odor had clung to his pelt heavily when he had decided to come back home. She kept her lips sealed to see if he would answer that question before she tried asking anymore.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan half expected for his question to be ignored, to not even be offered an answer, even if a part of him honestly believed that he deserved to know how and why Wraith had been the one that she had turned to. However, when @Piety instructed him to follow after her he realised that maybe he was about to find out. His stomach turned. Did he really want to hear all the answers? The agouti male just felt confused and uncomfortable as he trailed after his friend with his head held low. It was like he was willingly walking into a trap, knowing that he was about to get hurt.

Russet ears pushed back against his head awkwardly the moment Piety mentioned him and Saradathia. Immediately his eyes widened in realisation and then his brows furrowed as how it must have all looked to her. “P-permission?!” He repeated in surprise. “I’m sorry Piety, I didn’t know..” He admitted, a whine whistling past his lips as he searched for her muddy brown gaze. “I know how it must have looked, with Sara..” He began, his golden gaze drifting down to the floor awkwardly. “But I wasn’t trying anything, I promise! I wouldn’t! Especially after what happened with Morganna and Wraith.” His voice was low and serious. “Sara came to me.” He clarified, looking up at face Piety again to try and prove that he was being honest. “I told her I couldn’t be of any help to her.” Surely she would believe him?!

His voice grew quiet then, but a fragile murmur. “When I saw you, I panicked! I knew it couldn’t have looked good on me and I didn’t want you to think that I was trying to step out of line again. So I ran.” He admitted, stepping forwards to try and nuzzle the soft fur along her neck in apology. “I thought if I stayed away for a while, tensions would settle and I couldn’t then be accused of trying anything with anyone..” He whispered, his voice a little shaky as he realised his mistake.

Lorcan listened silently as the pale woman then tried to explain why she had chosen Wraith over him, though by now the answer seemed kind of obvious. He hadn’t been around to really give her that choice. A frown creased his forehead as spoke of her fondness for the dark male, but he nodded along slowly in acknowledgement, regardless of his personal feelings about the matter. “I suppose I can’t really be upset. He was there for you when I wasn’t.” He murmured, trying his best not to let his voice break beneath his pain that he felt in admitting it. 

With that settled, Lorcan was completely taken aback when Piety then turned the question back around on him. He faltered slightly, his tail moving to curl for a brief moment beneath him as he silently panicked about what to say. Should he tell her, be honest with her? After all, Piety had been honest with him. But what would happen if she knew about @Inna and him? She had been given permission whilst what had happened between him and Inna had been nothing more than a bit of fun. He felt so guilty about it all already. He needed to decide what to do. “Who?” He stalled, giving her a confused look.
# P O R C A N