Bing, Google

watership down — Umbra Copse 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
dem post 4/4 overall post 10/12 I'll fade in my next post

If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

When she finally came into his sight she was carrying the carcass of a rabbit, looking at him with a mixture of confusion and perhaps thinking he was crazy. No doubt he was looking rather disheveled but he’d had no clue what had happened. In this weather a tree could have gotten to heavy with the snows and collapsed or she could have slid into a tree and broken something. God knew she was clumsy enough to. But, it seemed everything was fine and he was just a panicky idiot as always. "'Ijja looosh i'?" she mumbled as he fought to control his breathing after his sprint. “Did I...yeah, I lost it. Guess you’re just a better hunter than me,” he said with a breathless chuckle.

Then, he was being verbally ushered away and he shoved down his panic. Shoved down the protectiveness he felt about her. God, sometimes he just wanted her to care like he did. But he knew it was a large order and he’d learned a while ago to not get his hopes up. A small sigh came from his jaws before he gave his pelt a shake. “Yeah, I’ll go try to find some more,” he muttered, turning and trotting away. He picked up his pace, sniffing here and there trying to latch onto any remnants of the hares that had escaped. Luckily the trails were fresh, somehow not swept away by the currents of wind and he was able to find one quickly.

He followed after it, finding it trembling in the cover of a snow covered shrub. He swatted a paw at it a few times, finally managing to scare the prey into the open. The silver man gave chase, legs once again eating away at the earth as he moved after it. It swerved around a tree and he moved to swerve the other direction, an extra little burst allowing him to meet it as it swung over. He bent his head, grasping its wriggling body by the scruff and forcefully slamming into into the ground. He pinned it with his paws, sinking his canines into his throat and giving violent jerks until it stopped twitching. He had never been one to let things end slowly for his prey. Once the deed was done he lifted his head, breathing out slowly. He wondered if he should go back go to get Hal. She obviously didn’t want his presence around.

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2017, 09:49 PM by Kino.)
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
Her laughter was just a grunt through the hare in her mouth. Sahalie was good at small food. She was a small girl. Alastor was no doubt much more helpful with the larger prey, which she often didn't even participate in unless someone specifically asked her. Sahalie would have been lying if she said the run in with the territorial moose as a child had not impacted her just a little. That big, rampaging beast with trees on its head had nearly stepped on her, nearly broke Darrah in half, and had made quick work of out pacing all the Bend wolves after it was done antagonizing them. If she never saw a moose again in her life she would be happy.

Alastor was being obviously pouty as he mumbled and walked away, and her first thought was to roll her eyes. Was she the one in heat or was it him? Sometimes she couldn't tell. Not wanting to disturb him as he went off to collect his own dinner, she settled in to her regrettably small meal. Thankfully she didn't have to share. Hopefully.

The sound of a quick snarl and another abruptly ended scream relayed Alastor's success, so she licked her lips and headed back towards him. "If I was pregnant, that hare would be mine," her tone was a sly drawl, maybe hinting that she was still hungry. Being a loner was hard: she was almost always hungry. That would soon change, but there were still empty-belly nights ahead of her.  "But don't worry, I won't take it from you." Already her wrathful stomach had subsided and she was starting to wonder if maybe she'd been too harsh. Today and yesterday and the day before that.

"You're my best friend, Al" she said as she settled in to the snow, eyes trained on the trees that might contain any rabbits looking to make a beeline back to their warren.
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

"If I was pregnant, that hare would be mine," she said as she came up behind him and he turned with raised brows. He was surprised that she was joking about it, having been under the impression that the entire subject completely terrified her. But he didn’t miss the subtle hint in her voice, the vague hunger that still plagued it and internally he sighed. Outwardly, though, he allowed a smirk to crawl onto his lips. “Thankfully you’re not though, so my dinner is safe,” he chuckled, settling down into a laying position. He took a few good bites of the hare, savoring and gulping at the same time. The man stole glances at her, watching how the snow played against her features. She’d grown thinner over their journey as they all had but he would make sure she’d gain all that chub back. It was a part of her, a part of everything he loved about her and he just wanted everything to go back to normal.

“You’re my best friend, Al,” she said and he paused, heart skipping a beat in his chest before giving a small, painful constriction. “Yeah, you’re mine too, Hal,” he replied. And so much more. The silver man nudged what was left of his hare to the girl, more than willing to give it up for her. He’d eaten a little, he’d deal. It wouldn’t be much longer before they settled then he could eat all that he wanted. Once she’d finished they meandered back to the den together, collapsing and curling together after some grumbling and positioning then repositioning because Hal just couldn’t seem to find the right spot. Once she’d settled they drifted off, Kino content even with all the nagging.

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume