(See All?) Announcements
625 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Road Not Taken — Dead-Drop Escarpment 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! @Tagg @Kajika poor boys :( go find her!

A growl could easily be heard from her growing belly as the dark woman continued to forage for food. No matter how much she ate she couldn't satisfy the hunger. So she continued to search for something, anything. This was all Moonshadow did outside of sleeping and tending to the mysterious wounds all over her body. About two weeks prior the ebony female had woken up with a pounding headache, fresh wounds on her muzzle, head, abdomen, and back right leg along with no recollection of what had happened. The last thing she could remember was searching for her birth family. She knew something was off because she smelled of others and had three scars on her right flank that she didnt remember getting. However no matter how hard she tried she couldn't remember anything or anyone. Finding her own scent had proved useless for it had faded causing Moon to abandon her efforts to fill in the missing pieces and focus on her insatiable hunger. Hunting however was difficult due to the injury on her right hind leg forcing her to scavenge what little there was.

Large raven colored paws moved slowly across the terrain as to not aggravate her leg and belly. Silver pools scanned the snow cover ground for any tracks while her nose took in any surrounding scents. Her efforts were soon rewarded as a snow hare moved across her path. Running would definitely hurt but she couldn't stand the hunger any longer. Moon crouched and crept towards her prey as quietly as she possibly could. Fate wouldn't be on her side however as a voice rang through the trees spooking the rabbit. Growling and cursing the owner of the voice the ebony woman bolted after her prey not even realizing that the voice had called her name along with another. Pushing through the pain, the large expectant mother had almost caught up to her meal when yet another voice called out. This time she heard her name and skidded to a stop. Her silver tipped ears flicked forward as she panted heavily. Surely it wasn't her name being called. A mixture of curiosity and fear washed over her. Curiosity was normal for the cove woman but she couldn't understand where the fear had come from. Little did she know it was her instinct to protect the life growing inside her. Pushing the fear aside Moonshadow moved towards the voices. Soon she spotted two males walking through the trees. Staying in the shadows she watched for a moment as the smaller more colorful man called her nickname once more. Did she know them?p>

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

They had found their way to Dragonfly Fen, the only good memory he had from this place was returning to lost lake for a swim with Des.  Kajika didn't want to think the Moonshadow or Lunette might be there of all places but what if she was? They had to search everywhere just in case and he wasn't going to leave any stone unturned.  Not when it was Moonshadow and lunette who needed them to find them, if Moonshadow didn't she would have been home by then.

He believe that she needed help too and that thought scared him, what if she was hurt unable to get herself food and water.  Then there was the question of was she pregnant?  He knew she and Tagg were going to try for pups but no one had told him if she was or wasn't.  Where they okay,? Moonshadow would be devastated if something happened to them.  “Moonshadow, Lunette,” he called once more through the Fen hoping that one of them might hear him.

If it was Lunette who was lost he couldn't imagine what was going through her head, how scared she must be.  His worry for her had grown exponentially over the past days as they traveled further south.  Now faced with the chance that she could really be in the den he was terrified for her.  Both of them were calling for their female packmates and Kajika as they continued even further he called out for them both again in hopes of an answer this time.  Still there wasn't anything until he suddenly stopped.

Raising his muzzle into the air he scented the air around him and there was a faintly all too familiar scent on it.  It couldn't be, after all of this time had they finally found one of the girls? “Do you smell that?” He asked Tagg as he moved in the direction he thought it was coming from, “I would recognize it anywhere.  It's Moonshadows scent, I'm sure of it.”

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

-----------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 262

They were walking down the path, calling for their packmates, when it suddenly hit him.  His spirit lifted on reflex, and he froze, eye searching the undergrowth.  Kajika stopped ahead of him and voiced his own discovery of the scent.

“I smell her!”

And then he saw her, slowly moving towards them.  But why didn’t she call back? “Moon!” He cried in relief, bounding towards her.  As he got closer, he realized she was hurt.  He slowed to a walk. “What happened? Are you okay?” He licked at her forehead affectionately, glad that she was at least alive. He looked her over, noting that she was far too skinny than was healthy for an expecting mother to be, especially one with such injuries. “Who did this to you?” He growled, casting a dark glance back at Kajika.  He had not been bluffing when he’d said he would rip apart anyone who had hurt his mate.

Something was definitely wrong here.  Why didn’t she call back to them? She could obviously walk; why didn’t she come home? Suddenly all his doubts came crashing down around him. “Why did you leave? It wasn’t because of me, was it? What did I do? What can I do to make it right?” He gushed all at once.  He wasn’t usually like this, but the idea that he’d done something to push his love away was enough to kill him. “Whatever it was, I promise never to do it again. Please say you’ll come home, love!” He glanced back at Kajika, hoping his friend might have some insight, even though he’d been gone.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Out of character comments here

She stayed back unsure of who the two males were. Taking a deep breath in she could tell that they smelled like her did she know them?  It would seem like they knew her for as she neared they caught her scent and stated very loudly they knew it. Silver pools watched as the russet man turned towards her and began to bound towards her. His sudden approach caused the dark woman to reel back in surprise. Yup they knew her. Her movement backwards wasn't quick enough as the smaller male closed the space between them and began to lick at her head and bombard her with questions.

"What happened? Are you okay? Who did this to you?" His words felt distant as bewilderment washed over her. Was this really happening? Who were these two men and how did they know her? Slowly she pulled herself from the one eye man as another string of questions fell from his inky lips. She shook her head as he spoke. Confusion now began to set in as silver pools darted back and forth between the two males. Leave because of him? "Uh I - I'm sorry I think you have the wrong wolf. I didn't leave anywhere. My family was taken from me in a wild fire..." She finally was able to speak. Sadness clear in her eyes. She was looking for them but had begun to doubt she'd ever find them.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The scent that had come to him was unmistakable, he’d only been smelling her scent almost every day since she joined.  Every time he taught her something or they had sparred and the times they had just sat talking and comforting each other.  Without a doubt they had found Moonshadow which was confirmed as she slowly came into view.  Kajika was ecstatic that they would finally be able to bring one of the girls home. As he looked closer at her it was clear that something was very wrong, she'd been injured and all of her injuries looked painful.  That wasn't the only thing her scent had changed to indicate she was indeed pregnant. He had smelled the same scent on Namid last year when she had been pregnant.

The beta didn't have time to say anything because Tagg had rushed passed him and began to question her.  Kajika stayed back allowing the two of them a few moments to reunite before they would have to head back.  The question of how had hurt her was asked and he met Tagg's gaze with a nod but nothing came. Tagg was worried that it had been something he'd done to make her leave and this caught the dark man's attention, he'd made it clear before that if Moonshadow was ever hurt because of something the Tawny man there would be a price to pay.  The response wasn't what either of them expected, she spoke as though she didn't know them.  So formally and there had been no excited greeting Kajika now realized. It didn't make sense, it was then he stepped forward, “Moonshadow, you know I'm Kajika and this is Tagg.  We are in the same pack together. We spoke about your family a while ago, did something happen to make you think they had survived?” He asked gently as he'd moved closer.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! OW THIS HURTS SO MUCH!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 225

Something was very wrong.  Something was very, very wrong.  

Tagg had to struggle very hard to hide the hurt he felt when she ducked away from him, eyes wide in confusion.  He had to struggle very hard to keep from closing the distance again.  He had to struggle very hard to keep tearing off into the woods to find whoever hurt his Moonshadow.

That was nothing compared to how much he had to struggle to keep from physically flinching when she said, “Uh I- I’m sorry I think you have the wrong wolf.  I didn’t leave anywhere. My family was taken from me in a wild fire…” He failed miserably, take a full step back with his ears falling flat against his head.

Before he could say anything, Kajika swooped to the rescue, finally joining them and calmly asking about her family. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths before forcing his voice to mirror his friend’s. Something had happened; something was wrong.  It had to be.  She would never do this unless something was wrong, right? “Moon, it’s me.  I’m your mate.” His voice was full of desperation and pleading for her to recognize him.  He didn’t like the emptiness he saw in her eyes – it sucked his breath right out of his chest.  Made him feel like a shell.   “I’m your Tagg.”

"Speech"  Thought

l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Its so sad :( sorry its short Dx

The dark male stayed silent for a while but then when he spoke, he spoke of something changing her mind about her family surviving? How could he know that she was thinking that they may not have survived? "N-no" she stammered "I-I mean I haven't stopped believing it". Silver eyes looked at the amber ones of the dark man with a mixture of fear and sadness. Her gaze was torn from one man to the other as the he began to speak. "Moon, its me. I'm your mate." Mate? The russet male was handsome but could he really be hers? The hurt and desperation was clear in his voice. A low whine rumbled in the ebony she wolfs throat. She was causing this hurt and pain. This was all her fault she hated this feeling.

It was her turn to have her ears lower. She lowered herself and tucked her tail. "I'm your Tagg". His voice broke her heart. "I'm sorry...I don't mean cause you pain. I-I can't remember" she said her voice just above a whisper. Maybe she was missing part of her memory. Maybe this @Kajika and @Tagg were the key to remembering. 

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was slowly becoming more apparent as they spoke to Moonshadow that something was very off with her.  Not only did she not seem to remember him and Tagg but the fact that she had decided to move on from her past and live her life in the cove.  it was almost as if she had gone backwards before she had made that decision. “I'm sorry Moonshadow but we talked about it and you said that you weren't sure you wanted to know what had happened to them.” He hoped that maybe saying her words back to her might help her to remember something.  If not then it might make her more willing to go back to Fallen Tree Cove with them.  There they could at least have Neha look her over and make sure she would be okay.

When Tagg spoke of them being mates Kajika shot a glare in his direction.  The beta felt it was too soon for such details and feared it might scare his student away.  He worried she would run and then they would have to chase her and she didn't need to be doing any of that in her condition.  However, it was said and Moonshadow hadn't run and instead apologized for not remembering. “It's not your fault but we want to help you to remember if you'll let us,” he said keeping his tone as gentle as he could so he wouldn't scare her. He didn't feel Tagg was handling this well but he could understand.  It hurt him too that she didn't remember who he was and everything they had been through.  It was like the last year of their friendship had been erased.  He looked to the tawny man, “I'm sure she just needs a little time Tagg, you need to be there for her now,” he said sympathy in his voice because he did feel the sadness that was created by his close friend not remembering him and he could understand it being worse for Tagg.  Now they had to be strong for Moonshadow and push back their emotions until the right time. Turning back to Moonshadow, “How would you feel if Tagg and I helped you to where we live and got you some help for your wounds.  You can get some food and rest and maybe things will look better?”

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Kind of an interesting time to start using the new table but HERE WE GO.

------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 288

Moon had of course told him about her family, but he didn’t know the details.  He hadn’t asked, and she hadn’t offered them up.  He was okay with that. She would tell him when she was ready; the pain had still been too near, he thought.

But now… now what? It had been clear something was wrong, but the longer they stood there the more apparent things became.  He ignored Kajika’s brief glare; he was hoping reminding her of their bond would help her to remember. It didn’t, and only made her feel bad.  He shook his head as she apologized, and his words mirrored the beta’s. “It’s not your fault. Don’t apologize.” He didn’t know that for certain, but he wouldn’t – couldn’t – believe she would intentionally do something that would cause her to forget him.

He glanced at his friend as he spoke words of comfort.  Of- of course he’d be there for her! Always! He’d promised! Once again he felt irritation at his dark friend rising, but managed to squash it.  He was only trying to help, after all, and there was no reason to lash out.

He took a deep breath, calming himself and forcing his face to relax.  He didn’t want to confuse her further. “We can help you remember, if you want.” He told her, repeating Kajika’s offer. More than anything he wanted her to remember him, remember that they loved each other so much, they’d created the life now growing inside of her. But he wouldn’t force anything unwanted upon her. He wouldn’t do that to her.

Besides, if for some reason she never got her memory back, maybe she would fall in love with him all over again, and they could try again.

"Speech"  Thought

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2017, 09:58 PM by Sahalie.)
l