Dreamcatcher — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 56 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn
@Askan
Mild language warning
Thread forwarded to 4/12

"I'm seriously about to give up. Watch me, I'll really freakin' do it. Next pack I see, just freakin' watch me." Ro hissed, just about completely fed up with how this week had progressed, or rather ceased to, thus far for her. It was like each step she took had her questioning more and more why she was even doing any of this. As far as it concerned her, Darrah was a piece of shit. Sure, he tried, and with what little authority he actually had over the pack for some time there, what could he of actually done differently? Nevertheless, a piece of shit. If not only because she said so. "Mushroom eating, daughter hating, ghost seeing, brother brainwashing idiots. All of em." If she wasn't in need of a home, it'd be game over by now and this whole stupid plan would have been scrapped days ago.

"I thought leaving home, exiled or not, would leave me feeling better. Shouldn't being away from all that make me feel better? Why do I feel worse? So.. Much.. Worse.." The fae sighed, continuing forward as if it wasn't her only freakin' option. 'And as nice as they were, I've talked to so many wolves now that hadn't the slightest idea who I was even referring to. What a waste.'

(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2017, 08:06 AM by Rosalind.)
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

It was strange really, how quickly how things could change. How one moment things seemed set in stone and the next they crumbled, as though made from dried clay. But on the other hand, sometimes the course of change took its time ,like a trickling stream.Good things, positive changes were slow but certain. And bad things, awful changes were sudden and heartbreaking, like a clap of thunder. A jolt to his system.The Selwyn had always wanted things to stay the same, he enjoyed the predictable nature of his routine day in day out.  But these days, after everything that had happened he supposed that it wasn't all that bad. Sure, Percy had gone missing,was attacked and had lost her memory as a result. But the pack was stronger than ever before and his relationship with Reyes was more than he could have ever asked for.

So, whilst new things weren't always for the best, there seemed to be an odd balance to this world. There couldn't be unhappiness without happiness, right? And vice versa?

Askan was no philosopher and just thinking about this sort of thing was more than enough to make his head ache. It was all so complicated, like a tangled mess he couldn't unravel. Did he even want to? Would would he gain from it, a sense of enlightenment? That wasn't something the Yukon wolf wanted, honestly, so he thought that perhaps this sort of deep shit was best left alone. Scholars could ponder about this, Askan had simply left the field to look for some food to fill the caches.  

He'd hoped for some peace and quiet, but it seemed as though fate had other plans. The tundra was vast and massive, so the chances of running into a stranger were pretty damn slim. And yet Askan, of course, had the-mis- fortune to happen upon what seemed to be a muttering lunatic. Sure, he grumbled to himself from time to time, but he never monologued. And yes, here was a difference Askan couldn't help but look on with a judgemental gaze as she stomped towards him, seemingly oblivious to his presence. Which was bloody rude, if you asked him. Enough to make his hackles bristle in irritation

Scowling, the Selwyn stomped along and once close enough barked to announce his presence and when that didn't work, he called out to her with sharp, condescending tone. "Oi, watch where the hell you're walking. Talking to yourself like that, pft, you some nut case?"

As crass as it might seem, it felt good to bitch at someone again. As though he was flexing a long misused muscle. He'd been forced to play nice for too long, had to mind his words and keep his tone polite as he worked shit out with the neighbours. But out here with this nobody he could be himself and say whatever was on his mind.

(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2017, 05:29 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" Ro flinched, startled and confused by the sudden burst of angry words that made way to her ears. Slowly, she raised her head to sneak a peak at the culprit behind it all, and to her exact expectation, he did not appear very hospitable. " Ha. I-I'm not a n-nut case, actually.." the yearling murmured, however the specific title did seem to fit the rest of her family quite well. Gods forbid he ever met them. "I-I'm just lost, and scared, and confused, and I've been looking for l-like a bazillion wolves for the past week but nobody freakin' knows who any of them are!" She could feel a build up of tears surfacing around her eyes. Damn, way to not look nuts buddy!

"I-I'm sorry, that was er.. Out of line, I should get out of your way, I'm so sorry I-" She sputtered, awkwardly shifting her body to the left to insinuate 'getting out of his way'. "I think I just need a nap or something I.. I'm not normally like this, I don't think.." Or maybe she was, who knew. "Hey, before you go though, do you know a Triell? Or a Sahalie? Maybe a Dres-- You know what? Never mind.. I'm sorry." She sighed, stepping even further left. 'Please just put me out of my misery already.'

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

She might have been sorry, but she wasn't doing a very good job convincing him that she wasn't crazy. That weird laugh, the stuttering? It was easily enough to make his nose crinkle in distaste and his eyes narrow in clear contempt. Askan had never been the patient sort, so her rambling words weren't doing her any favours either. And perhaps she might assume that he was feeling a little ornery today, that his temper was due to the fact he had woken up on the wrong side of the den. But no, she'd be wrong. He'd slept wonderfully, due to a certain someone being close by, but that was aside the point.

Whoever this stranger was, she was weird and talkative, and worst of all she was beginning to grate on his nerves.

She said a whole lot of things and Askan would be a liar if he claimed that he was listening, but when a couple of choice names passed from her mouth he couldn't help but jolt to attention. Had he heard her right? Sahalie? And was she about to say Drestig's name? As in the Old Man? The Rye King and more importantly, his alpha?

His bright eyes narrowed into thin cautious slits as he took a heavy step forward."How do you know Drestig?"His tone wasn't overly aggressive, nor was his posture, but there was an underlying sense of wariness beneath his words. Askan was vehemently loyal to his King, he'd do anything. And for all he knew this random crazy woman could be a threat to him and his family.It only made sense that he was being so cagey, if she cared for Drestig at all she would understand this."Who are you?"

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

Ro's eyes widened as the male spoke her uncle's name, how did he know what she was going to say? "I-I'm Ro.. Uhm, Rosalind Andromeda... Y-you know Drestig?" The yearling wanted to be excited, however her company still appeared to be a little on edge, better to hold off on the party for now. "D-Do you know my dad too? He said that he and Drestig were very close! Uhm, Darrah Tainn is his name.. Drestig, he's my, er, uncle?" Though not technically related by blood, the muddied girl was told to treat him as if he were. Darrah had said time and time again that under more than a few circumstances the Avalon was more like a father to him, thus the reason why she'd placed him as number one on the list of wolves to seek out.  

"I-I really need to find him, you see.. I need somewhere to stay! A-and, erm, Dad says Drestig doesn't eat mushrooms! And that he won't care if I have puppies or not! So.. D-do you know where he is?" One thing was for sure, mushroom eater or not, if her uncle was as scary as this guy, well, she'd perhaps have to consider seeking someone else out instead.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Rosalind seemed just as surprised as Askan, if not more so. From the sounds of it she had been asking around for the Old Man, but to no avail. What were the chances that she'd run into him, one of the few wolves who'd consider the dark king his friend? If she was telling the truth and they really were family then surely Drestig wouldn't approve of his Guardian being so callous towards her. She hadn't done anything wrong per se, she had simply just sort of rubbed him the wrong way. Come on a little too strong, perhaps.

The Selwyn groaned and pawed at his eye. This was tiring and he'd only been speaking to her for a few seconds. "Never heard of Darrah Tainn. The name Tainn is familiar though."

The Selwyn knew that if she really was a member of Drestig's family then he'd want to see her sooner rather than later. But then of course she had to go and mention she needed somewhere to stay and....mushrooms and puppies. To say that Askan was still bitter about Castel and Niles was a severe understatement.  Drestig had allowed them to join their little family out of the kindness of his heart and what had they done? They'd lied and taken advantage of their hospitality without even a second thought. So with all of that, Askan knew that the Rye King would no doubt be more hesitant to open the doors to any and all loners who wanted in. He had always thought it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more selective but...

"Yes I know where he is. He's my alpha, leader of Wild Rye Fields." He paused for a moment, then continued, his words ladened with pride."I'm Askan Selwyn, his second and Guardian. You really want to meet him? And more importantly, are you willing to pull your weight?"

Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

Her father's family name rang a bell too? Oh goodness, this guy was legit! Ro listened as the male talked more in depth of the situation, and nodded as he introduced himself. "A-Askan, I, erm, I really do want to meet him! M-my dad's always told me stories a-about uncle Drestig, you see, and.." He stuck out on the list drastically because, to her, the male seemed the most normal. "A-and I can pull my weight! I, actually, I want to pull my own weight! I-I'm really fast, you see, I was thinking that maybe I'd make a good scout in that aspect!" She flashed a shy grin, it almost felt good to boast a bit. Being a scout would ensure her the ability to travel. Having the ability to travel ensured her continuation on the journey to find, and at the very least introduce herself to, the rest of the 'list'. If it all worked out according to plan, the muddied Andromeda would be set.

"B-But is there room for me?" Ro added, not wanting to intrude or cause trouble for anyone. "A-And, I-is my uncle a nice guy?" There were more questions she wanted to ask the stranger, but they would have to wait. After all, he still didn't seem very pleased with her sudden appearance.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Rather than scoff about her way of speaking, the Selwyn gave her a chance to have her say without interruption. She was keen, that's for sure, but despite his suspicious nature he couldn't imagine her trying anything funny with the old man. Askan was a lot more cautious these days, but he made an effort to not let it blind him. There were some wolves he needed to worry about and others he really didn't , and from the looks of it Rosalind was the latter. A little bit odd, for sure, but in essence harmless.

As much as he wanted everyone to pull their weight, Askan wasn't expecting too much from her. She was young still, he didn't think that she had all that much experience but it was better than nothing. In time he was sure she would become an asset to the pack, she simply just needed a push or two. Maybe more.

"All right then, put your speed to the test and find the border as quickly as you can." Askan turned and with his snout pointed back to the direction in which he'd just came."That way. And once you smell it, call for Drestig. Be polite, tell him what you told me. Think you can manage that?"

He wasn't asking her for much, nor was he going to lead the way and show her what to do. If she wanted in-like he said- she'd have to work for it. Besides, this was probably a conversation that they'd best have alone. Being family and all. The less people who were around to snoop, the better. Or so Askan thought.

She seemed pretty uncertain though and whilst Askan didn't hand out comfort very often, he supposed he could at least reassure her. Even if he wasn't so soft about it.

"There's room for you. We're tight nit, like a family. And Drestig is our leader, kind and understanding. If he can put up with me I'm sure he'll have no trouble with you."

Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn
Trying to do responses on my phone xD sorry for any errors

"Aye-aye!" The yearling chirped, glimpsing toward the direction she'd just been given. The fae was excited that her company obliged by her request to meet up with her long lost uncle. The only remaining hope now was that he hadn't just decided to throw her on a wild goose chase in the opposite direction or something. Hell, if she ran into some crazy loner asking for directions back to her home, that's probably what she would do. "I can definitely manage that!"

Tight knit like a family, boy that sure sounded wonderful! Initially Ro only wanted her uncle for that purpose, but heck, if she could have a whole bunch'o wolves that cared for her (and vice versa) that'd be even better! Though the statement was far from an honest compliment, the young Andromeda couldn't help but smile like it was. "Aw, y-you don't seem that bad though!" She giggled, though honestly in her eyes the man was still quite terrifying. Better to get on his good side before taking off however, if they really were going to be Family."You've really helped me out a lot today sir, t-thank you so much! I promise I won't let you down!"

(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2017, 06:49 AM by Rosalind.)