(See All?) Announcements
833 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adora, Viorel

lies about rams — Magnolia Glen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mathuin Whitebark
RE: A cold snap seizes Relic Lore in its icy grip! || Early evening, Heavy freezing drizzle, 33 ° F, 0 ° C || All welcomed!

He was lost. Completely and utterly lost. Every turn seemed to take him further from wherever he wanted to be. While he never truly had a goal in mind he wasn't sure that he had found the place he wanted to be. The field had been boring after a bit, the mountain to awful, and the woods down south were unsettling. The voice of Enoki telling him to go north was somewhere in his mind. So that's what he did or at least it was what he thought he was doing. Some things looked the same blanketed in snow. The places that could get sunlight felt more slushy than actual snow. It seemed that winter didn't want to let go just yet.

His day had been spent wandering about. A gross drizzle had him damp. To top it off it seemed that the lands had grown colder than it had been the past few days. Mathuin certainly wasn't a healer but he was positive if he didn't find shelter soon he'd get some sickness from the wet cold. He had been following some creek for some time now but it didn't seem to be getting him anywhere. Perhaps he could find somewhere to bed down by it. A tree's roots or even a hollowed out log.

The large yearling went to work on a search for a temporary den. He awkwardly shuffled about while his green eyes squinted to block out the drizzle. It was times like this that he regretted ever leaving Crooked Stream in the first place.

"speech"
mathuin whitebark
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
[Image: V8yGQ6c.gif]
Astrid & Mathuin
The Adventuring Peanuts
Played by Kydnt who has 39 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astrid Vangr
Astrid couldn't believe how cold it was. The sort of damp, thick cold that settled thick on ones coat and froze the breath straight from the lungs. Astrid shivered and shook, her wild flaxen coat tipped in frost wherever it wasn't already soaked by the freezing rain. She wasn't really sure if you could die from the cold, but it didn't seem healthy at all to continue on this way like a drowned rat. And most of all, it was uncomfortable. What she needed a toasty little nook where she could warm her nose and defrost her icicle encrusted fur. She looked for some kind of shelter, a little cave or burrow that could get her out of the awful weather.

As she looked through the dark and damp forest, a shape moved among the other damp, drab forms. The girl squinted, chocolate brown eyes trying to figure out what the big hulking figure moving through the snow was. Her ears perked up and her jaw parted in a sunny smile when she saw it was another wolf! And he was huge, like a tree! She'd never seen a wolf that big before. Astrid broke into a trot, running up to the stranger wolf and pressing herself against the stranger's warm flank, somewhat tucked beneath his towering form. "Gods, you're tall!" She exclaimed.
Astrid + Mathuin
Two Pure Peanuts
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Mathuin Whitebark
Mathuin
And in the cold I held you close
I had never been so scared to let go

He hadn't even been searching long when there was a sound. Mathuin was hungry and hoped it would be a rabbit but the sound was too heavy for it to be such a small critter. Before he knew it there was a pressure against his flank. With no time to react his eyes shot wide open and mouth parted. A honey toned female was pressed against him. He didn't pull away but he didn't exactly lean in for some kind of embrace. She didn't seem to a threat with the way she tucked under him some.

"I, uh, am?" He looked at her still filled with shock. "I mean, yeah I am I guess. You're kinda small but not like tiny." The yearling reached his neck out to see if she would let him touch her with his nose. He really didn't see why she would decline, mentioning she had raced up to him and broke all laws of personal space. Granted Mathuin appreciated the warmth. They both seemed to be damp and cold.

The young male cleared his throat before deciding to speak. "I'm Mathuin, lone adventurer." He offered a half-smile as his tail swayed. "You from around here or also traveling?" Perhaps she could prove to be another good opportunity at friendship.

(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2017, 11:41 PM by Mathuin.)
Astrid & Mathuin
The Adventuring Peanuts
Inactive No Rank
Astrid Vangr
Now that she was so close, Astrid noticed the giant wolf was actually quite young, which surprised her somewhat. She expected that like a tree, the biggest wolves would be the oldest. But apparently that wasn't so. Not really realizing she was breaking all traditional codes of personal space, she wriggled closer to share more of his warmth against the frigid drizzle. As he reached his snout out to her, she returned the gesture, bumping her cold nose against his and giggling. 

"Well, nice to meet you Mathuin, I'm Astrid!" Astrid smiled, an earnest expression punctuated by the spirited wag of her golden tail. He was an adventurer, what an exciting thing to be. She tilted her head slightly and blinked as he asked whether or not she was from here. She definitely wasn't from around here, but she'd never thought to classify what she was doing as traveling. Traveling implied a destination, but she was simply floating from place to place, like a dandelion seed on the wind. "Well, travelling, I guess?" Astrid answered with a bubbly laugh. She shimmied underneath his torso, emerging on the other side and poking him in the cheek with her nose. "But I'd love to be an adventurer, oh, that sounds so interesting!"
Astrid + Mathuin
Two Pure Peanuts
Inactive No Rank
Mathuin Whitebark
Mathuin
And in the cold I held you close
I had never been so scared to let go

Mathuin couldn't stop the smile that spread across his face as she bumped his nose in return. Astrid. Such a pretty name.It was unique just like Enoki, Felix, or even his own name. "I like that name. Astrid." He tested it out loud to see how it felt coming from his mouth. It made him think of something mystical. Stars and wishes perhaps. Not to mention Mathuin thought her honey coat was interesting. He wasn't sure if he had ever seen someone with such a color.

He tried his best to keep his green eyes on her as she moved underneath him. A childish grin pulled on his features. The laughter of his own ruptured forth as she poked his cheek. "Well you can be an adventurer if you want to! You just gotta have a nose for exciting things." His tail wagged eagerly as he gently bumped into Astrid. "I explored some caves to the west then crossed these wild mountains. Although, I don't really recommend the mountains." He admitted with a soft shrug. "But I'm positive there is some cool stuff around here! There has to be!" His voice had grown a bit high pitch with excitement, his more child-like tendencies slipping through.

"What do ya say? Got what it takes to be an adventurer?" The large boy teased kind-heartedly with a glimmer in his eyes.

Astrid & Mathuin
The Adventuring Peanuts
Inactive No Rank
Astrid Vangr
She could be an adventurer, too? She didn't realize it was something you could just be, she hadn't thought it would be so simple. Astrid's brown eyes lit up at the boy's mention of caves and mountains. She wanted to see those things herself, and more. She had a nose for fun, so how hard could sniffing out excitement be?

Astrid's tail swished and her white paws danced with anticipation over the hard crust of the snow, as if her own excitement could barely be contained. Did she have what it took? "I think so!" She yipped and skipped out from underneath Mathuin's tree-like limbs, coming to stand in front of him and turning around. She was practically bouncing with energy, her golden fur shimmering in the rain like a little ball of lighting.

"Explore with me, Mathuin? I want to be an adventurer, just like you!" She asked, tongue hanging out in a happy pant, her ears perked up high and dark eyes sparkling. She liked this mysterious, tree-like adventurer, and hoped he would want to keep her company. The worst thing about traveling was having nobody to talk to or play with. "Maybe we can adventure ourselves right out of this nasty weather!" She laughed, noticing Mathuin looked a bit soggy.
Astrid + Mathuin
Two Pure Peanuts
Inactive No Rank
Mathuin Whitebark
Mathuin
The trouble with the storm inside us grew
But I still had so much to give

He was feeding off of her energy. Mathuin was practically shaking with excitement. He had been the one to spark a feeling happiness. Or had it been her? Either way the yearling was glad that they were both overwhelmed with good feelings. This was what he had left home in search of. In that moment he could see that it hadn't been a mistake to leave. He couldn't let hardships bring him down; not when there was still light like the honey Astrid in the world. He was beyond grateful that she had invaded his personal space in the first place.

"Explore with me, Mathuin?"

Green eyes opened wide at her question. He felt his heart skip a beat when she said she wanted to be like him. Mathuin never thought that anyone would want to be like him. His head nodded furiously. "Yes, yes, yes Astrid! I'd love to!" He barked and did a small giddy dance of his own. "That would be perfect." The Whitebark mentioned to her remark of adventuring out of the weather. They both looked like cold, damp rats. Yet that didn't exactly matter to him right now because he had found a friend in the honey hued girl. "Wh-where do you wanna explore first?" He stuttered out of the eagerness of his mind. No matter the coldness that had snapped over the land or the mist that fell from the sky, he could not resist the chance to get a head start on a new adventure.

Astrid & Mathuin
The Adventuring Peanuts
Inactive No Rank
Astrid Vangr
The girl couldn't help the excited whines that escaped her muzzle as Mathuin agreed to explore with her. What a grand adventure this would be! But at his question, she paused. 

"Hmmm...." Astrid furrowed her brow, deep concentration evident on her honeyed face. This was possibly the most serious the young wolf had ever taken anything. It was a big question, her first decision to make as a fledgling adventurer. What had Mathuin said? A nose for adventure? Taking the advice to heart almost literally, she lifted her nose and closed her eyes, the black leathery surface twitching in the damp air. It smelled of cold and snow and trees and moss and... What was that... One scent stuck out from all the others, sharp and distinct. That had to be it, the smell of adventure

Astrid's eyes flicked open, looking to Mathuin's green pair. Her previously still figure animated to life again, boundless energy flowing down her spindly limbs. "This way! I think I can smell it, the... the adventure! I think there's gonna be something good!" She yipped, bouncing in a small circle and finally bumping into Mathuin, dragging him along with her as she started off. She wove through the trees while stitched to the boy's side, her dark eyes narrowed against the steady downpour. At least with movement she felt a little bit warmer against the chill. 
Astrid + Mathuin
Two Pure Peanuts
Inactive No Rank
Mathuin Whitebark
Mathuin
You were only seventeen
Soft speak with a mean streak
Nearly brought me to my knees

Mathuin's tail lashed eagerly through the air as Astrid thought about where to go. He wanted her to seek out their next great adventure. Every adventurer needed a start and this would be hers.

He watched with interest as the honey girl but her mind to it. She seemed so intent on finding adventure. Mathuin realized he had never been that driven. He didn't usually look so in thought. Perhaps he would need to sit down and work on his own adventure seeking tactics. For now, he would follow Astrid's gut instinct. He let out a playful bark as she announced her find. The yearling happily trailed alongside her as they made their way through trees and cold rain. He was curious as to if this place would have somewhere to avoid the cold. While there was an adventure to be had in the now he assumed it might be best to keep his eyes peeled for a safe place.

The boy kept close to his new company, occasionally bumping her to bound a few lengths forward. A short game of chase to make the trip all the more exciting.

Mathuin's green eyes quickly spotted something out of place with a tree further up ahead. "Hey Astrid," He looked down to his honey coated friend. "is that what your nose smelt?" His own nose pointed up ahead towards the tree with the peculiar hole.

Astrid & Mathuin
The Adventuring Peanuts