(See All?) Announcements
380 Users Online

I'm Here and I Won't Leave You — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! For @Moonshadow I'm assuming she's sleeping at the pack den... if you want me to change it, let me know.

------------------------------------------------------

Setting: Afternoon of 4.13.17,  13F/3C, Mist

Word Count: 327

Tagg stretched, sore muscles protesting at the movement.  They hadn’t been home for very long, but he was already starting to have nightmares about Moon leaving.  He wanted to give her space so he didn’t overwhelm her, but he was worried if he did that, she would think he didn’t care.  So he’d made the extra effort to bring her food and see how she was doing every day, while trying not to seem like an overly-worried father.  Except that’s what he was – a worried father-to-be and husband.

Today was no different.  He’d slept outside the den, so she wouldn’t feel so crowded, and headed out early to find something for her to eat.  He’d been lucky enough to find several rabbits and squirrels the past few days, but today was different.  He couldn’t seem to find much, so he headed to the lake and stood belly-deep in the frigid water for several hours to catch some fish.  Just as he was about to give up, luck returned to him and he was able to snag three decently sized morsels.  He quickly scarfed one down himself, then collected the other two to offer to his mate.

He trotted into the area around the den, glancing about to see if anyone else was there.  It was beginning to become evident that he and @Moonshadow were not the only ones to breed this year, and he wondered just how many pups their leaders thought they could support come time. One litter was usually hard enough.

He set the fish down in the dirt at the mouth of the den. “Moon?” He called, not wanting to just barge in and disturb her. “I brought some fish, if you’re hungry.  May I come in?” He didn’t want her to have to limp out, after all. Though the fresh air might be good for her, the mist was thick enough to make his fur heavy and he didn’t want Moon to catch a chill.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! No thats fine :) also she is now at 6 weeks and has started to feel discomfort, morning sickness as well as a decrease in her appetite.

The trio had finally made it back to the cove after what seemed like forever. Due to the extent of her injuries they had to stop more often than the dark woman would have liked but she knew it was necessary. Once back her wounds were looked after and she was confined to first the infirmary then to the communal den. Being on bed rest was agony, despite not remembering this place or these wolves she still felt a need to contribute. To give something in return for their help and kindness. For now she would wait a little bit longer to heal then she would definitely repay them all.

Since moving from the infirmary to the communal den sleeping through the night had become increasingly difficult. The large woman would only make it a few hours before waking up to toss and turn. This morning was no different as she yet again woke up from the discomfort in her belly just as she heard her name being called. She rolled over so that she was facing the entrance to the den. The handsome red man had brought her some more food. His gestures made the ebony female feel all warm and fuzzy inside and whenever she thought of him she smiled. The feelings were strange but if they were mates then that must be love right? It saddened her though that he was keeping his distance. She really wished he wouldn't but was too afraid that it may be too painful for him since she still couldn't remember. So she let it be and cherished any time she did get. His smooth voice asked permission to come in but she didnt want to stay in the den. So slowly she stood as to not irritate her injuries and exited the den half way. Silver eyes blinked a few times to adjust to the brightness before settling on their emerald counterpart. "Or I can come out here" she remarked with a smile. She paused momentarily before walking out of the den the rest of the way. She brushed the bridge of her muzzle along the underside of his jaw in greeting. The wounds on her muzzle had almost completely healed for they were the shallowest. She laid down next to him as a wave of nausea hit her. Moon pushed through it though to look up and give @Tagg another smile.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 289

He could hear movement inside the den, but he didn’t expect her to come out.  He backed up to give her room to leave, carefully pulling the fish out of her way so she didn’t trip. Pleasure flashed through him as she brushed her muzzle under his, and he returned her greeting with a kiss to her crown without thinking. Her playful remark caused Tagg’s tail to wave, thumping against the ground as he sat.  She was still herself, even though she couldn’t remember.  She was still his Moon.  He just had to be patient.

“How are you feeling?” He asked, deciding not to comment on the fact that he thought she probably shouldn’t be outside in the cold at the moment.  He couldn’t really remember the way Namid had been when she had been expecting her first litter, but he also recalled that winter hadn’t been as heavy as this one. He really hoped she would be okay.

The veteran nudged the fish towards her. “Here.  I know you’re probably not starving, but you should keep up your strength.” They hadn’t told her she was pregnant yet, but she was bound to figure it out sooner rather than later. It wouldn’t be long until she started to show. If she figured it out on her own that was one thing, but if someone had to tell her he wanted it to be him.  She might freak out less if someone broke the news gently, rather than her coming to a revelation.

But he still didn’t want to scare her.

He knew there was compathy between them, even if she wasn’t entirely sure what was going on. He was relying on that to help bring her closer to him, and help her remember.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Out of character comments here

It wasn't like her to rely on others but it was more unlike her to go against the words of an alpha so the den she stayed. It wasn't very lonely though for both @Tagg and @Kajika had visited her daily. She looked forward to seeing them both for it took her mind off of her injuries. As each day went by she could kinda of piece together what each male meant to her. She figured the dark man was most likely a good friend and knew that the red male was her mate. She knew not only from him telling her but also from the way he made her feel. The way his touch sent shivers up her spine, the way is voice soothed her, the way his scent made her feel safe. Despite what may have happened to her there was no way for true love to be forgotten.

Her nudge was returned with a kiss to her crown and a pleasant hum vibrated her chest. He asked how she was doing as she laid at his feet. "I've had better days" she admitted with a small chuckle before a wave of nausea washed over her. She gave her love a smile as he nudged the fish towards her. His daily gifts of food were much appreciated. When they first arrived she couldn't get enough now though just the thought of food churned her stomach. He told her that he knew she probably wasn't starving but should eat to keep her strength. As much as she didnt want to eat she didnt want to seem rude so she pushed through it. "Thank you love. I appreciate your help" she thanked him as she took a bite out of the meal. The taste caused her to almost gag but she managed not to and swallowed the first bite. Then the second and their until the first fish was gone. Each bite hit her gut like a rock and threatened to come back up. Taking a deep breath silver eyes looked towards the lake before looking back to Tagg. "I-I dont feel so good" she said weakly before jumping up and moving away from him. Despite her best efforts her stomach just wasn't having it today as it emptied its self onto the snow. A low whine escaped her maw as she finished and moved back over to him. She sat a little ways away with her head down and eyes closed. "I'm sorry" she murmured between deep breaths. 

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 326

Tagg was pleased to find that Moon was no longer made nervous by his gestures, and she seemed to at least remember how being around him felt.  He supposed that was his real proof that she loved him; even though she couldn’t remember, she still knew. It gave him hope that she would recover her memory someday.  

At least she’s not trying to convince me she’s okay when she’s not anymore. Tagg thought as Moon admitted she wasn’t at her best.  He nodded sympathetically.  He bet she was uncomfortable at the very least.

“Thank you love.” The words sent a thrill of pleasure through him, and his tail wagged again.  He had to remind himself she might just be saying it to make him feel better, but what if she wasn’t? What if it was starting to come back?

He talked to her as she ate, just telling her little things about herself that he liked and some things about other members. “Namid stepped down for a little while.  You were in her place when I got back, actually.  That’s how we met.” He smiled fondly at the memory. He had been incredibly confused when she had arrived to answer his call to the leaders.  Had he known then what would grow between them… “She took back over shortly after that, and you’ve been her second ever since.” He could also remember the first time they hunted together.  It had been her fearlessness to ask him questions and take charge during the hunt that had sucked him in, head over heels.  Every interaction after had only strengthened the feelings he’d had, until-

It wasn’t until she said she didn’t feel well that he realized he’d stopped talking.  “Are you al-”

She suddenly dashed off and heaved the meal onto the ground a short distance away.  His ears fell back. “No, don’t apologize; it was my fault.  I should have realized with your condition that you might not be able to stomach anything.”

"Speech"  Thought

(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2017, 06:06 PM by Tagg.)
l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Out of character comments here

His words seemed far off as she did her best to eat for him. He told her how she had stepped up as leader and was the lead when he had come back. Her a leader? She couldn't imagine such a thing. He told her that Namid had reclaimed the throne shortly after that and Moon had been second ever since. Second didnt sound like a bad spot to be in...her minor train of thought was halted immediately as her stomach protested to the meal. After up heaving for what seemed like eternity the ebony second came back over and apologized. @Tagg was quick to dismiss it and take the blame. She was about to tell him it wasn't his fault when he mentioned her condition. This mysterious condition that made her unbelievably hungry all the time to not being able to keep a thing down. This condition that made her belly grow and become uncomfortable causing her to not sleep. What exactly is this condition?

Taking a deep breath Moon steadied herself before looking up at the handsome face she was falling in love with all over again. "What condition? What's wrong with me?" She questioned with her eyes pleading. She wanted answers, she wanted to know why she felt the way she did. Was it infection and they were just too scared to tell her? Never would she imagine she was with pups. As far as her memory went no one had explained the birds and the bees. She just wanted to know so that she could maybe do something to fix it. Silver orbs searched for a hint in their green counterpart. Something. Anything.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! I actually have butterflies.  I am physicaly nervous for Tagg xD

Word Count: 322

As soon as the words left his mouth, he regretted them.  He froze, mouth still half open from speaking. His eye widened, gauging her reaction.  She didn’t freak out.  Instead she took a deep breath, as if steeling herself.  Please don’t ask please don’t ask please don’t ask. He chanted in his head.

But of course she did.

It had been a few days since their return, and she was obviously a little more comfortable around him than she had been before. She didn’t duck away from him anymore, and she had eaten without questioning his request even though she clearly wasn’t feeling well. He swallowed and took a moment to breathe and find the right words.  “You can’t remember, so we didn’t want to frighten you. Please don’t just run off, okay? It’s safer for you here.  Where you can get help. It’s nothing to be afraid of; you’re not sick. Not really.”

He looked deep into her beautiful silver eyes.  The eyes that he loved, and hoped his children had. “You already know that we… that I’m your mate.  I love you.  So, so much. And you love me too. I have tried not to overwhelm you these last few days so you could recover. But you’ll be able to figure it out soon enough anyway.” He was so scared. Terrified.  He hadn’t felt like this since the day he’d first told her he loved her.  He was afraid she would reject him.  She had lost a lot of time; she might fear the responsibility she had agreed to take on when she had her memory. But he didn’t look away; that would make him a coward. She deserved his full attention. “About a month ago, we went to our alphas to ask permission to step above our position. They granted us their blessing. Moon, we’re going to be parents.  You feel so strange because you’re going to be a mother. You’re expecting puppies.” My puppies.  Our puppies.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Oh this is too good

His eye was the first thing to give it away. There was a glint of nervousness and what looked like fear. She braced for his words, surely it was an infection. Silver tipped ears pressed forward as the russet man spoke, eagerly listening to each and every word. Please dont just run off, okay? Run off? What could possibly be wrong enough for her to want to run off? You're not sick. Not really. Not really? How could one not really be sick? Either you were or weren't. "I'm not going to run off. Please just tell me." She pleaded once more. Then he looked deeply into her eyes and spoke of how they loved one another and how he didnt want to overwhelm her. She nodded slowly, okay...he took a deep breath and the dark woman felt as if she'd burst with anticipation. Then he said it. “About a month ago, we went to our alphas to ask permission to step above our position. They granted us their blessing. Moon, we’re going to be parents.  You feel so strange because you’re going to be a mother. You’re expecting puppies.”

Parents. Mother. Puppies.

Those three words were all that registered in the young woman's mind. They swirled around viciously within her head. She was stunned. How could this? She was only a yearling  she didnt know how old she was actually. Silver eyes looked upon @Tagg's face disbelief written clearly across her features. "Puppies?" She breathed as excitement slowly filled her. Moons silver tipped tail slowly began wagging at the exciting news. It all made sense now. Why her belly was getting bigger, why she was eating so much, but what didnt make sense was the morning sickness. Why was that a factor? A broad smile crossed her inky maw as she looked to her mate. She a mother?! Then it hit...her a mother? What if she wasn't a good one, what if she failed. "What if I'm not a good one though?" She asked her smile now replaced with worry.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 317

She was taking things surprisingly well.  His beating around the bush was probably what made her the most nervous, but when he came right out and said it…

At first she seemed excited, a prospect that gave him an immense amount of hope for them.  She had been excited before, too. This was still his Moon.  He had to keep reminding himself that the only way she was ‘different’ was that she had lost some memories and some time. She would come around eventually.  He’d won her heart once, right? He could do it again.  And if they had children to raise together…  Well, hopefully it would help.

But she quickly became nervous, voicing a worry he suspected all new mothers shared. He smiled fondly at her. “You’ll be great.” He soothed, rubbing his head under her chin. “I’ll be right here the whole time, and the rest of the pack will be around to help too. Namid has raised two litters now; I’m sure she will give you some pointers if you ask.”

Perhaps he should talk to her on his own and ask her to offer some comforting words to his mate. His leaders cared about their pack members just as much as they cared about one another.  They would be there to support them.

“Besides,” Tagg added, sitting back again, “You aren’t the only new mother in Fallen Tree Cove. We’ll all be able to learn together.” He really hoped that thought was as comforting to her has it was to him. He wasn’t sure who the fathers of the other litters were; Kajika had been gone, so he doubted the beta would have sired pups.  Draven had left; maybe out of guilt? Either way, it was none of his business.  All he knew was that he was becoming a father in a few weeks, and he was excited. He hoped his mate would share that sentiment again.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health