(See All?) Announcements
570 Users Online
Google, Bing, Torianna

walking in a straight line — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
@Askan the trashcan because he's one of mah faves and my flirty boi needs to make him v uncomfortable

Aytigin had been a part of Hearthwood River for a few days now, and while he hadn't made much progress with getting to know his packmates, he had been making an effort. He just hadn't really had anything to guard from, or to hunt, or to do, really. Of course, he hadn't eaten since he had gotten there, because he hadn't wanted to take without contributing first. Wasn't that, like, an important thing in a pack? Aytigin was pretty sure it was, and so he would make sure to bring back food first and foremost.

He hadn't meant to travel outside pack borders that day, but he'd almost been hoping to run across Cottongrass again, and perhaps Adelayde, if she were around. For different reasons, of course. Ayti wasn't sure what those reasons were quite yet, but he was determined to figure it out sooner or later. But regardless, either face would be a welcome sight.

The only redeeming thing about the Lowlands was that there were rabbits, and rabbits meant food for the pack, and food for the pack meant food for Ayti. So, the massive shadow was stalking an older rabbit, hoping to catch the creature off-guard. Lachesis had said that the pack needed hunters, and though Aytigin's massive body was cumbersome on its best days, he was going to damn well give it a shot.

One massive forepaw crunched down on the snow in the wrong way, and the rabbit and Aytigin both froze. The rabbit moved first - a gray streak over the white backdrop - and Aytigin bolted after it. Unfortunately, the titanic man was not fast or graceful enough, and ended up sliding on a particularly slippery patch of snow, then tumbling unceremoniously down the hill. He cursed a blue streak as he flopped, head-over-tail, to the bottom of the incline, and landed on his back. He remained that way, staring up at the gray sky and willing the world to stop spinning.
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

It seemed as though winter still wasn't done. The tundra was still just as white has it had been for the past few months, and as much as Askan didn't mind the snow even he was starting to get a little frustrated. With the arrival of Jessie's litter drawing closer and closer with each day it was imperative that they stocked their caches to the brim. It was of course important that the Rye Queen had enough to eat, so that her young were fed, but at the same time Askan didn't want the other pack members to go without either. Not that they weren't capable of feeding themselves but...Askan just wanted to be thorough.

In his eyes, as the Guardian, it was his job to ensure that everyone was safe and cared for. Even if it meant he had to wear himself a little thin. As long as the Rye wolves thrived he'd be happy, it was as simple as that.

On a day like this the Selwyn knew his mate would probably be sulking, but as much as he wanted to do his part to help he would just have to wait till Askan had caught a rabbit or two, or at least found something to bring home. With his nose to the ground, he tracked along through the snow, chasing scents in the hope he would uncover something promising.

Instead of finding a scent, it was his ears that alerted him to a nearby presence. The sound of something thudding, tumbling along the snow and a muffled groan. From sound alone he assumed it wasn't something he could eat, or at least bring down on his own without too much difficulty. It sounded large and not like any herbivore he was familiar with. But with that said, he wasn't going to completely cross it out until he saw what it was. So with a gallop he headed up the closest hill-of which he determined the sound had come from- and peered down once he reached the peak.

He'd home for something to fill a cache, but instead at the bottom of the hill, splayed out on the ground was a wolf. A large one at that, with a coat somewhat similar to his own. Though if Askan had to pinpoint what, it'd likely be that the stranger's coat was more dappled, his tan more dispersed throughout his fur.

Either way, Askan snorted in dry contempt and-out of a petty sense of amusement- kicked more snow down on top of the stranger and where he laid.That'd serve him right for laying around like a lizard warming itself in the sun.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Aytigin's world had just stopped spinning when more snow started falling in chunks on top of his stomach. The massive man growled in disproval before rolling onto his stomach and looking up the hill to find the source of whatever-the-hell was throwing snow down on him. There, at the top, stood another wolf - smaller than he himself, but similar in coloration, with more striking amber eyes and considerably more black in his fur. Not really Ayti's type, but still very sexy.

Even when he was kicking snow on the larger man.

"If you weren't so damn hot, I might take offense to you kicking me while I'm down," he called up, knowing that it was likely to get him into a helluva lot of trouble. "You could've at least pretended to be concerned for an injured stranger's wellbeing." And, though he wasn't particularly injured by the fall, Aytigin put on a show of limping in a circle, favoring his right forepaw.

"Ow!" he whined, holding it off the ground and close to his broad chest. Then, the man sent a wide, puppy-eyed glance up at the other wolf, trying to look as pitiful as possible. "See? I'm hurt. And now I'm hurt emotionally, too, because you've wounded me in a way worse than the fall ever could!" He flopped dramatically onto his side, closing his hazel eyes with a sigh. "Nothing left to do now but wait for the sweet release of death, I suppose..." he drawled, sending a side-eyed glance up at the male with a smirk.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

How was it that this stranger managed to infuriate Askan with so few words? Did he think he was being clever? Did he expect him to respond in kind with some sort of flirty comment? Or was he aiming for the sky and hoped that Askan would swoon and go take me now ? Because if those were the sorts of responses he was hoping for he was gonna be sorely disappointed. Who the fuck did he think he was? And why the hell did he think Askan would care at all for him? Or at least to the extent where he would even worry about his welfare?What an entitled son of a-

As bad as his words were, they certainly weren't the worst of it. No, it was the way that he looked at him like... The Selwyn couldn't put a name to it but he immediately knew that he didn't like it. In fact it was more than that, something deep seated, almost like revulsion but more poignant, like an illness' emerging symptoms. Askan shivered, though to his surprise- and to his concern- it wasn't from anger.

He felt dirty, unclean. Almost like he wanted to gag. Not that he'd ever let such weakness show on the surface. He merely continued to scowl down at the stranger with such blatant resentment that even a blind wolf would catch on. The hackles down the line of his back stood on end and his tail tucked in between his legs, a rigid curl of discomfort. And yet from his angle, the stranger wouldn't be able to see, all he would see was an angry, puffed up wolf. One who was clearly not enjoying his advances.

Askan's glare was scathing. As hot as molten rock."Then die quietly."

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Aytigin cringed inwardly when the other man tensed and fluffed out his fur. His own tail curled around the outside of one leg, and his head lowered a bit under the scrutiny of the darker wolf. Sometimes his flirtatious advantages were not appreciated, and he'd be damned if he intentionally made someone uncomfortable or harassed them. Golden-hazel eyes raised imploringly. "Sorry," he tried, ears swiveling backward in apology. "Didn't mean to make you so uncomfortable. Really, it was just a compliment. I'm not really interested in, y-know, anything." He shrugged one shoulder and smiled good-naturedly.

"I'm Aytigin - I'm from Hearthwood River," he continued, tail waving in an attempt to be friendlier, but not make any further advancements. "I was just trying to catch something to bring back to them, but, as you can see..." He gestured with his muzzle to the trench he'd made in the snow during his tumble. "I kind of suck. at it. I'm not nearly as fast as the rabbits are, or as graceful."

The man perked his ears, tilting his head in inquiry as he looked up at the other dark wolf. "What's your name? Are you from around here?" he asked, a more easygoing smile on his maw now as he sat at the foot of the hill, making no move to approach the other wolf. He didn't want him to be any more uncomfortable than he already was. Aytigin was, it seemed, particularly good at making others uncomfortable, and he hated it. It made him feel gross, in a way. Like he'd just violated people with his words. But, truthfully, flattery came as easy as breathing to the man.
(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2017, 12:02 AM by Aytigin.)
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

He was doing a piss-poor job of making Askan feel better. Sure, Askan was uncomfortable but did that mean he wanted the stranger to point it out, as though he was some sort of wimp, a coward? And really, did he think Askan was stupid as well? Did he think Askan was so moronic that he didn't know what a compliment was? The Guardian was seething, absolutely livid.

His name went right over Askan's head, had he been a little calmer he would have remarked how stupid it sounded, that it was such a pompous mouthful. Was he supposed to be impressed? Surely Lachesis wouldn't mind if Askan taught him some manners, or at the very least reminded him to keep his lecherous thoughts to himself. He knew what had happened last time he'd gotten into a scrap with the neighbours and he had no intentions of causing another rift but this guy was well and truly an ass. Surely the River King would understand.

His attempts at lighting the mood were met with even more contempt. Ha ha ha, how funny. Was Askan supposed to laugh, to find him endearing? So large and clumsy oh, wasn't he a catch? Fuck off. The Selwyn wasn't amused. And knowing that he lived around here just made him all the more incensed. So much so that he had to admit he'd rather spend time with that twat of a wolf, @Lorcan than this excuse of a man. At least the Whitestone wolf was just plain awful. Aytigin was that and more!

Out of spite, Askan was tempted not to give his nap. He wanted to snap and spit and say he wasn't worthy of knowing it, let alone saying it with his filthy tongue. And yet surely it wouldn't be hard for him to find out, if he were to ask another River wolf. Dark wolf, yellow eyes, grumpy as heck, it wouldn't be difficult to narrow down the candidates. He'd learn it sooner or later, probably. But again, the Yukon wolf wanted to be anything but agreeable to this....asshole. If he told him he might get it into his head that Askan had forgiven him, was willing to let it go and move on. But that's the thing, he wasn't. Askan didn't forgive nor did he forget.

"Askan Selwyn, Guardian of Wild Rye Fields. And for the record, talk to me-or any of my packmates- like that ever again and I'll tell @Lachesis just how unneighbourly you're being." He took a heavy step forward and loomed over the side of the hill, his eyes burning with utter disgust."Do you understand?"

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Warning - Strong Language

Okay, this wolf was seriously beginning to piss Aytigin off. He'd tried to be nice - in all the ways he could think of. It didn't seem as though this wolf even wanted him to be kind. He'd tried to compliment, he'd tried to joke, and after that hadn't worked, he'd tried to apologize. But this wolf was too much of a douchebag to accept any of the larger man's attempts to be friendly.

"How the fuck am I being unneighborly?" he demanded, taking a decisive step forward of his own when the Selwyn wolf did. Usually, the Delaney was amiable and didn't mind being submissive or agreeable in the slightest. But having Askan looming over him was far too much at the moment, and there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that Aytigin was just going to take this wolf's posturing. "Are you sure you're not just being a hypocrite? Because I was minding my own damn business, trying to find food for my pack, and you were the dick who kicked snow on me when I fell. That sound neighborly to you?" he demanded harshly, his tail taking position in an arch over his spine.

"I don't see where the hell you get off, treating me like trash when I've been nothing but nice to you. What are you going to tell Lachesis about me, hunh? That I was trying to be nice to the wolf who kicked snow on me and told me to die?" His lip curled angry. "I have no reason to take any of your shit, Selwyn. Maybe you can go try and bully some weak wolf, you prick. I'm tired of dealing with wolves like you who feel like they can treat others any way they want, just because they're so self-absorbed that they can't see past their own fucking ego. I can't imagine how many smaller, weaker wolves you've done this to." He grinned then, his hazel eyes narrowing down into green-gold chips. "Don't think I haven't noticed you not coming down here. I'm big; I'm strong. You're all talk and no action. You're scared to come down here and talk directly to my face, aren't you?" He snapped his teeth in a showy fashion, lifting his head and raising himself to his full height. "I could kick your ass and you know it. So why don't you just head on back to your pack, and leave me to try and provide for mine?"

He still made no move to approach the Rye wolf, but he did not back off, either. He remained, stiff, still, and tall, waiting to see what the other wolf might do in response. Aytigin wasn't much of a fighter, but he was tired of everybody treating him like shit all the time. He was more than capable of defending himself, and he had no qualms about showing this Askan character exactly how unneighborly he could be.
(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2017, 05:05 AM by Aytigin.)
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

It was almost funny how quick the River wolf was to turn on Askan, to spit nonsense in an feeble attempt to pin the blame on him. He couldn't give two flying fucks about what he was doing before, nor had he asked but he couldn't help but snort derisively when he sounded so offended that the Rye wolf had dared  to kick not even a handful of snow at him. What was the harm in it? It wasn't as though it was a great offence, something that civil wolves wouldn't even dare think about let alone mention it. It was snow, the tiniest bit of snow. Why was he making mountains out of molehills?

Oh that's right, because he didn't have a basis to stand on.For what it was worth he might as well have been speaking out of his arse. Would have probably made more sense.

But of course, another insult was thrown at Askan before he insisted that he was being nice. Oh yeah, he was being real nice, saintly even. Bla bla bla, Askan was a bully, Askan was that. Was he supposed to be impressed? Taken back? Or did-whatever his name was- think that he would concede and apologise, that he'd admit he had been wrong? Well, that wasn't going to happen, because Askan hadn't been wrong. What was wrong with rejecting advances he didn't appreciate? Was he supposed to just roll over and take it, like a bitch?

A snarl rumbled deep in his throat at his insinuations. Yes he was large but what did that have to do with anything? But did he really think he was all that, or his size alone would be enough of a deterrent. Well it wasn't, not in the least.

"Oh really?"He asked, his doubt evident. He scoffed and eyed the River wolf once more. Warrior he was not. Too clumsy, all that bulk and unable to use it. Pathetic."You're bluffing. And you've been running your mouth the whole time, but that's all you are. Talk. And you can try and piss me off with your petty insults, but I know that I am better than you and stronger than you. And if you try and fight me you will get hurt." He scaled down the hill with ease, and even though he was shorter he looked him dead in the eyes."So run home little boy and leave me and my friends the fuck alone."

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
The man scaled down the hill, and didn't stop until he was directly in front of the larger wolf. Aytigin still stood, his head high and his tail arched over his spine in sharp contrast to his normal, lowered, relaxed posture. His long-buried temper was starting to rear its ugly head, and though it was in no way what he would have done if he weren't exhausted and hungry. As it were, he loomed head and shoulders above the Rye wolf; the two of them looked like dark shadows facing off against one another.

"I am in no way a little boy," he growled, voice low in his throat. Aytigin might, under normal circumstances, be quite a bit of the pushover, but not here and not now. "If anything, you're the little one." He snapped his jaws above Askan's head for emphasis, but did not touch him.

"...you can try to piss me off with petty little insults," the older wolf had said, which drew a bark of laughter from the younger man. "Please," he drawled slowly and deliberately. "You were pissed off before you even got here, asshole. And now you've pissed me off, so congratulations."

"Oh, and, for the record," he continued, still looming over the other man without touching him. "If we were to fight, you'd get hurt, too. But I don't want to fight, alright?" He sighed deeply through his nose, relaxing his shoulders just a bit. "How about I just take you to Lachesis and you can tell him what happened out here? I don't really want to start my first week in a pack by fighting with a neighbor." He couldn't imagine that would bode well for him, not only within his own pack, but all over the north. And Aytigin was no hothead. He could certainly control himself, and he was determined to show that to his new pack.