(See All?) Announcements
614 Users Online
Google, Bing, Lillia, Adora

where have all the children gone — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 43 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cináed Athesila
Setting the scene with this because it's amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVDtZLQ2PWM I'm gonna say he already went to GH because that's stuff I have to backdate still -rip me-

Cináed had hoped, for a time, that his spitfire of a little sister might have grown up a little bit as time went on, and a part of him still hoped for it but he wasn’t about to hold his breath. He’d behaved and thus his mother had trusted him enough to take a journey south to act as an ambassador to another pack while Flair continued her pain-in-the-ass ways. It shouldn’t bother him – it had nothing to do with him even if he often found himself a target to her… but it did. It rustled his feathers more than he cared to admit.

Love your family. They’ll always have your back. Yeah, right. He scoffed to himself. He held little doubt that anyone else would have his back… just not his sister. He growled lightly at himself. Perhaps that was why he was seeking her out with a large frown on his face, his posture unusually tense. Perhaps, a fools hope he supposed, he could talk to her about stepping up a little more… not that he knew much of what she did to begin with… he just assumed it lacked productivity.

He growled lightly to himself. He just woke up on the wrong side of the den, and much like he’d fallen victim to her several times before, this time she was going to get a taste of her own medicine? “Flair?” He asked, his voice short and snappy as he tracked her down based on her scent alone.

Cináed Athesila
we all have stories we'll never tell
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila
Sorry it took me so long to get to this <3

She'd been sleeping by herself – she much preferred that now that the days were getting warmer, no one to share the space with or wake her up nagging – curled up under the low, evergreen tree that had become one of her favorite places within the Woodlands. She'd had no plans of getting up any time soon, but it seemed even here, those pestering others would find her and draw her out of her snooze. Blinking open heavy lids, the fiery girl bared her teeth, quickly zeroing in on the approaching figure, confirming what she had already deducted from the voice. "What?" She snarled at her brother, voice hoarse from sleep and rugged with her annoyance at being woken up; "Don't you have anything better t' do?" But no, Cináed seemed dedicated to ruining her days, chewing her out whenever he got the chance.

Now she shook out her wild, russet coat, getting to her feet to square off against the boy. He might be taller than her, but she had a considerable amount of bulk of her own to pit against him, and she wasn't afraid to put it to use. "What'a you want Cin?" She grumbled, meeting his eyes with vibrant irritation in her own; Can't you see I'm busy? Catching up on some much needed rest too, having been out exploring on till late the previous night. And she would much rather be sleeping than argue with her overzealous brother, who would surely have a problem with… Everything! He apparently considered it his highest duty to criticize anything she did or didn't do; Why can't you just mind your own busyness?!

Word count: 273

Thoughts ”Speech”
Played by Namara who has 43 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cináed Athesila
-insert self-righteous Cin here- @Flair

All he’d done was make his presence known and she was already going fireworks on him. Flair was definitely living up to her name with her fiery personality and it annoyed Cináed to no end. “I do, yes, but yet I’m still here because you have better things to do too.” He snapped, annoyed with her uncaring attitude. Their father had been sick, and him and Enia had been working their tails off to help while their mother had been consumed with helping him get better, but he hadn’t seen Flair doing anything in that time… granted he’d gone on a journey outside of pack lands so he couldn’t really speak on whether or not she had been protective.

What did he want? He scoffed at her, shaking his head. “What I want is for you to take up an ounce of responsibility, Flair.” It might have been cute when they were younger, but they were almost adults now. “Dad was sick, seriously sick, and mom needed our help… and where were you?” He felt responsible for her, even if that was an unfair statement, even if no one else saw it. He was her brother, her older brother, and he needed to watch out for her… but at the same time, she needed to participate.

Cináed Athesila
we all have stories we'll never tell
[Image: 6TCzUUR.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Why was he always doing this? It was an endless prosecution, always being on her case for not doing enough, not doing what he was doing; We can't all be perfect like you..! Yellowed teeth remained bared in a silent sneer, amber eyes fixed on her brother, dark and imposing, but she wasn't scared; You're not dad! No matter how much he liked to pretend. And he certainly didn't hesitate today either, giving that same old speech, accusing her of being irresponsible; What else is new?! Still, though she didn't show it, the comments hurt, like they always did.

She could defend herself, there were maybe a thousand things she could say to counter his accusations; There are better things than PATROLS to keep everyone safe! She'd accosted that stranger, the witch sniffing about, chased her off along with Vasu, but even that was not right, not good enough. It didn't matter, no matter what she tried, no matter what she did, it wasn't good enough! What had she gotten for her troubles other than more grief? So instead she opted to do what she did best: talk back; "Oh will you shut it!" Her voice was sharp and rumbling, eyes aflame; "Will you just for one second mind yer own damn business?" It wasn't worth trying to argue back, her defenses would never satisfy him. Better to deflect, put up her shield of fire and bite back: "Dad is fine! Mom was taking care of him! What would y' have me do? Follow her around like Nia, pretending to care about every damn plant she dug up?"

The fiery pup was huffing now, fur standing on end all the way along her spine. Why couldn't he just realize that there was nothing for her to do, she was the useless one, the misfit; "She wouldn't let us near him, wouldn't let us help!" Why was it even her fault? What exactly was it that she had done so wrong in his eyes? She'd done the best thing she could; I stayed out of the way!

Word count: 346

Thoughts ”Speech”