529 Users Online
Bing, Khalon, Google

avarice. — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
For beautiful @Cinder -- Set late afternoon, sunny.  16F/-9C

The sun was shining! It was not particularly warm this day, but the sun was shining, and that was a vast improvement over the forest’s recent spring weather. Sadly, the good weather had not been sustained long enough for Veho to do any foraging, but that was not the point of this particular trip. He’d been meaning (for veritable ages, no less) to visit his sister up on the lake – and now that he was taking a sabbatical, it seemed like there would be no better time, especially with three litters incoming.

Eugh.

The alpha gave himself a small shake, glancing over his shoulder for his silent companion. “Cinder,” he rumbled, lest she be lost in her own thoughts as well. “Perhaps we will stop for the evening, and arrive at Fallen Tree Cove tomorrow? I do not care to disturb my sister by arriving late.” There was a good chance the woman was pregnant, after all – she and her mate had been the stable leading force at the lake for some time. He slowed to a halt, pausing at the river’s edge. With the sun came melting ice, and with melting ice came dinner – or so he hoped.

“What do you know about fishing?”

Played by Rachel who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cinder Attaya

Veho made for enjoyable company -- it would be a lie for the ebony she-wolf to deny that she was perhaps even growing fond of the man, but Cinder had a way of doing that. How many men had she become fascinated with over the years? Too many to count -- all starting with Asriel, who had been far more keen on her sister. Typical. Yuka had also caught her eye -- Skoll, as well. None had held her attention the way Askhar had -- and the bitter thought of the handsome male instantly clouded her graceful features.

Veho's voice pulled her from her reveries, and she forced herself to relax, her bright amber eyes pulling upward to study him. He commented on stopping for the night, and a coy smirk toyed at the corner of her lips. Swaying forward, the dark she-wolf sidled up beside the lead male, her shoulder brushing affectionately against his own as she placed herself as close to him as possible without coming on too strong.

At least for now.

"That's thoughtful of you," she noted, her own voice light as she gave her tail a gentle sweep through the warming spring air. Perhaps, had she not wasted her time in seducing another man this past spring and had returned to Grizzly Hollow quicker, her fortune would have been far different than now -- and Grizzly Hollow would have been expecting a fourth litter. A legitimate litter, if she would have her way.

Just as she was about to cheekily question what they could possibly do to pass the time, Veho questioned her on her fishing skills -- and it took all of her energy to not fully balk at the idea. Her? Catching a fish? Ew. No. "I don't know how to fish," she carefully worded, wondering how affronted he would be if she told him she hated the slimy critters.

like a black widow, baby
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Thoughtful?

Perhaps. Veho gave a soft sniff, considering it only common curtsey, and not something that required any deep consideration on his behalf. It rather imagined Namid would do the same if it were her visiting Grizzly Hollow, lest it were an emergency. As this was only a social call, he would respect his sister’s (and her family’s) time. He hummed softly, allowing himself to return the brief brush of shoulders before moving closer to the river’s edge, silver eyes watching for movement beneath the surface.

At her admission, he glanced over, expression wry. The corner of his mouth lifted upwards. “Didn’t you grow up with Cut Rock River?” He hadn’t been raised to catch fish, but the nearby water certainly provided an extra food source. His tail swished absently as he studied his travelling companion. “Are you hungry?”

Regardless, he was going to fill his own belly, and make sure they had a gift to bring to the borders of Fallen Tree Cove. It would be rude to do anything but. But if she needed to be fed, well – one extra trout would hardly cost him energy. She was keeping him company, after all. A meal was hardly thanks enough.

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Rachel who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cinder Attaya

She was surprised by his assumption of her history – and she considered his words for a moment, feeling the jab of guilt prod at her. Maksim had done his best to serve the Attaya family – when her parents had disappeared, and their home had flooded, he had sought a new one for them – and she had gotten lost in the harsh winter, losing sight of the little family she had left. In retrospect, she should have known of Quil’s fickle nature then – the days she had placated Cinder in to belieivng that she had tried to find her when they had been separated. It had all been lies.

“No,” she started, her eyes blinking as she pulled back to study him. “I was born in Darkwater Rapids.. our home flooded and Maksim found Cut Rock River.” She paused then, allowing her voice to simper with a hint of morose, as if the thought of her old home still shattered her heart. Though, she still was not keen on water, after that night..

“And I got separated from Cut Rock River in a blizzard when we had only been there a short time. I don’t really have a home,” she offered, her tone taking on a thoughtful note as she dropped the act for the moment – in truth, there was no place she could consciously call home – not any longer. His question went unanswered vocally, and hesitating for a moment, she offered a small nod. Perhaps, the damsel in distress was the best way to align ehrself for now.

like a black widow, baby
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

“Ah.”

Served him right for assuming, Veho thought wryly – this one was going to keep him on his toes.  This one was not like any of the others, not like Oula and her strong will, nor Rook and his sweet words.  Blunt honesty, regardless of humiliation or hurt (on either of their fronts), that’s all it was.  And truthfully?  It was refreshing.  Like he needed someone like Cinder in his life right now – like he needed her ages ago.  No matter how later her presence was, he’d take what he was given.

Veho didn’t move from his place in the water, waiting patiently as the silver streaks of fish slowly edged closer.  To lunge too soon would be to ruin his chances.  “Sometimes, home is not a place itself.  I did not have a home for some time as I travelled, but I did not mind then.”  He paused, equally as thoughtful as the smaller fish began to wind around his legs.  Too little.  He would have to continue to wait. “I wonder now, if I’ve created a home for anyone.  Even my own children leave.  Willingly.”

If there was a sigh, Veho did not let it escape.  “I find my feet itching again, myself.”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]