(See All?) Announcements
693 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel

A Dream is Like a River — Log-fall Foss  
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

A green plant? Wow, he never would have thought of that. It took an awful lot of willpower to bite his tongue, and maybe even more to keep himself from rolling those pale silver eyes. Frankly, the gamma wasn’t certain that Neko really appreciated how much self-control he was exercising in that particular moment. How much good was he really going to do by being an asshole?

He hoped Askan was proud. Him and his ability to recruit like every wolf ever. Ugh.

And maybe Reyes was willing to be patient with the swarthy yearling, but the fact that she couldn’t remember which plant was good and which one wasn’t? Well, shit, but that she wasn’t giving him any sort of confidence. “Maybe I oughta bring ya over to meet Lachesis after I get off pupsitting duty,” he grunted, one ear tipping forward. He rested his haunches against the ground, tail sweeping over the dying grasses as he sighed. Speaking of which… “Should probably be bettin’ back to th’ Rye Fields soon. Those kiddos ain’t as small as they used to be, don’t sleep nearly as much. ‘less y’need me for something?” The dark wolf paused as he moved to depart – he wasn’t about to abandon her if she needed help. The pups were still safe, after all.

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Nuru who has 76 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Neko Inali
Neko sat on the cold ground, her tail limp and her ears flat, suddenly discouraged by her inability to remember which plant was which. She had made it clear when they first met that her training was incomplete, but that didn’t make her feel any more secure about her abilities. She couldn’t stand the thought of one of her pack-mates, by now her family, suffering illness, injury, or even death because she didn’t know what she was doing.

Her ears perked up when Reyes suggested taking her to see Lachesis. She had never met him, but she knew who he was. “I think that would help,” she said. “There’s a lot of details to remember, and my training’s incomplete. A more experienced healer could teach me those things.” She had actually been considering going to visit neighboring packs on her own in spite of her fear of being alone, as she was growing impatient waiting for someone to actually go with her.

When Reyes said he would need to leave soon to get back to the pups, she said, “I understand. I’ll be alright on my own. We’re not far from home anyway.” Unaware that Reyes was already trying not to laugh at her, she sheepishly added, “And I’ll try not to fall off any logs after you leave.”
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Good. Glad to hear it. Wouldn’t be real happy to know you went and fell off a log soon as I had my back turned.”

Reyes couldn’t help the small smile despite himself. She was doing a good jog – trying hard – and despite himself, he kind of liked the yearling. Always told himself not to, sometimes didn’t even have to remind himself he didn’t like other wolves, but Neko was quiet, and she clearly cared about the task at hand. “Once I get off punishment, we can talk about it.”

God knew when that would be. Jessie’s temper was mercurial at best, and downright vindictive at worst. He wouldn’t take back what he said, though. The woman had no right to talk about Askan like that. Wasn’t even sorry for it. And as long as Askan wanted to be here with these wolves, he’d bite his damn tongue and shoulder the burden, because he knew he could. And for Askan, he would.

But for now, for now he had to listen, so Reyes turned about on his feet with a parting chuff, and began his lope back for Wild Rye Fields, and the puppies that were surely waking up by now.

Fade.

{ooc}@Neko -- Sorry for making you wait!
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]