Bing, Google, Nori, Vanadis, Finley, Neo

nostalgic clouds — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
For @Inna || Morning, near Inna's den, Patchy light drizzle, 48 ° F, 9 ° C

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

As much as Laike avoided pregnant females, there was one he had noticed hadn't exactly popped yet. As a packmate, he felt that it was okay to show a bit of worry. Surely the birthing season was still early? Granted he didn't know many specifics about that stuff. If anything about mating had been talked about to him or around him he usually tuned it out. He had had a few run-ins with females in heat but he was not a man who fell to temptation so easily otherwise he might have been with Adelayde in the Fields this very moment.

With a plump hare between his jaws he carefully made his way towards the dark female's den. His fur was damp from the soft drizzles of rain they had been having. The patchy rain made him even more hopeful that she'd be tucked away safely. Once he was there, an unexpected scent was easily detected. His brother @Lorcan had been around. He wondered if his brother had been in charge of taking care of the expectant mother. The younger Artemieva had always been the caring kind from what Laike could remember. Perhaps he should have just found his brother and left the gift with him to give to the ebony female. Granted he was here now, there was no point in turning around.

Setting down the gift he let out a soft woof. "I brought you a hare if you'd like it." He wasn't sure if the female was familiar with him so perhaps he should offer a short introduction. "I'm Laike, one of the newer" But certainly not newest. "males around here."

art by kydnt
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Sorry I didn't get this up yesterday it was a really rough day for me.

As the days wore on Inna was starting to wonder just how much more swollen her sides would become before she was set to deliver. Since Lilya's delivery Inna had been staying closer to her den. She spent a lot of time arranging and rearranging the items that she brought in to make it more comfortable for the big day. Inna wanted everything to be perfect for when she would be bringing her little ones into the world. The ebony Baranski was excited to finally meet the pups that had been growing inside her. She was also scared after witnessing Lilya’s delivery, Inna worried one or more if her puppies would suffer the same fate.

With the weather being a little less than ideal Inna chose to stay in her den not wanting to chance getting sick again do late in her pregnancy. It had taken her some time to find a comfortable position seeing how just about every position​ was uncomfortable lately. The Ebony Baranski lay just inside the mouth of her den on her side. She had been there most of the morning watching the drizzle outside or sleeping for short periods. It was during one of her awake times that the sound of a soft woof reached her ears.

She lifted her head and perked her ears on the direction of the voice, it was one that she did not recognize. Slowly she rose to her feet and stepped to where she could see the male who she could tell by his scent had been the one to come shortly after Lorcan. “Yes, thank you that very kind of you to bring it to me,” she praised before he introduced himself. “It's nice to finally meet you Laike, I’m Inna. I should have sought you out sooner. My apologies,” she said offering him a smile, “Are you settling into Hearthwood well?”

(This post was last modified: May 10, 2017, 03:17 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
@Inna no problem, hope you're feeling better <3

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

His nerves settled some when the expectant female responded in a rather calm way. "My pleasure." He dipped his head respectfully for a moment before looking to her again. He smiled softly and shook his head. "Please don't be sorry. With your current state," That didn't sound right but Laike really didn't like the thought of pregnancy. "I wasn't expecting you to come greet me." His eyes examined her sides for the briefest moment before he began. "It is good to finally meet you, Inna."

Before he could ask a question of his own she offered him a rather common question. "I'm settling in rather well. Thank you for asking." He settled onto his haunches with a very small smile. No need to keep an expectant woman in such a formal position. He, of course, could never experience what she was going through but with a form like that, he by no means would want to be standing. "I smell Lorcan around here.." He noted softly. "I suppose he's taking good care of you?" He raised a brow as he waited for her answer. Laike would have no problem with putting his brother in line a bit, even if it wasn't exactly his place or job.

art by kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Yes, much better. Thank you! :)

Inna hadn't been expecting company especially with the weather as it was but that didn't mean she didn't enjoy the opportunity to speak with one of her packmates. As it turned out her visitor just happened to be one of their newest members and the one she'd yet to meet. She smiled when he told her to not be sorry, “Thank you for that.” Though she felt there wasn't an excuse for her not going to introduce herself as she was getting around just fine when he arrived in Hearthwood. “That may be so but as a new member and my mother being alpha I should have made it a point to make you feel welcome.” She felt that as a Baranski and the pack belonging to her family it was her duty to welcome new members and introduce herself. She'd been so wrapped up in her pregnancy and what was going on with her and Lorcan that she had neglected​ and she felt bad for it. “You as well Laike, you have an interesting​ name I haven't heard anything like it.” Though she supposed Ayti's was unique on its own right.

Being who she was Inna was curious how he was getting along in Hearthwood and since it'd been awhile since he joined she felt he would have a better idea. ”You're welcome, I'm glad to hear that. If you need anything I hope you will feel comfortable enough to ask. Despite my current condition I wouldn't mind helping you if you need it.” Having spent her whole life in Hearthwood she felt it important that he know she was available to give him any guidance he might need. As he moved to take a seat Inna also found a more comfortable position to have their conversation in. When he brought Lorcan up Inna grew curious as to why he would point out the presence of the tawny healer. The ebony Baranski had grown used to keeping her expression neutral when talking about the father of her children did so now. “Yes he’s taking very good care of me between him and Lachesis. I think they even have have everything ready for the big day when it finally gets here.” Inna did allow a note of exasperation enter her time at the last part, she was ready to not be pregnant any more but mostly she was growing impatient at the prosecutor of finally meeting her children

(This post was last modified: May 11, 2017, 03:39 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

Ah, she was Kisla's daughter? Didn't look much like her at all but he figured that might be why she was pregnant. Perhaps permission was given due to the inner pack relation. He nodded his head, he could have insisted that she really shouldn't be sorry. That if he too was swollen like a frog's throat at the sides that he wouldn't want to move either. Yet all he did was merely smile.

"Thank you." He respectfully bowed his head. No one had really complimented him except for Adelayde, it was strange and foreign for such words to come from someone who wasn't the tawny Rye wolf. "Yours is rather nice too, short but still unique." He tail gave a small wag. Laike was being formal, returning the compliments and staying on his best behavior. Her offer made his teeth expose in a friendly manner. Truthfully, Aleksei had been the one to help him the most so far and even then it had been a nice tour with some small chatter about the place. Perhaps he could use another paw or two but he wouldn't ask, not now while she carried children. "Gracious offer. I'll keep that in mind. And of course, if there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask." Laike was familiar with the giving and taking. It had to be a fair exchange of parties.

A cream eyebrow raised softly, a small smirk tugging at his lips. "Good to know my brother is doing you well." He dropped a small hint unsure if anyone knew of Laike and Lorcan's relation. Why would his brother hide such a thing anyway? Surely he was proud to have such a strong older brother. "Think it's coming up?" He mused softly at the mention of The Big Day.

art by kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Before she'd become pregnant Inna had always met their visitors at the border to greet them and try and make them feel more comfortable before the alphas arrived. Of course she knew that once an alpha was on the scene it could be hard to feel comfortable. She supposed that a little slacking of her duties in her condition was to be expected. It still didn't stop her from feeling badly about it but perhaps she could rectify that now.

His name was one she'd most certainly never heard before nor anything like it which made her feel it necessary to note it. A smile crossed her features as he complimented her name, “Thank you, it's short for my grandmother's name.” She felt compelled to share since he had noted her name as well. An offer to help him should he need it, of court there were some things she couldn't do that she used to be able to buy she could still at least answer his questions. To Inna it wasn't really that gracious of an offer just what she thought she should do. “Thank you, I will be sure to ask should I need your assistance. Have you had the chance to get to know some of the other River wolves?” Since she'd lived in Hearthwood nearly her whole life she couldn't really relate but Inna would do what she could for him.

What Laike said next was a little bit surprising but Inna had become accustomed to keeping her features neutral where Lorcan was concerned, that was what she did in that moment. “Funny Lorcan hasn’t mentioned he had a brother,” she said evenly Even more interesting was the fact they had both ended up in Hearthwood. She of course would have to speak with Lorcan about this later. “He is quite skilled in his chosen role so I would expect nothing less of him.” It seemed as she spoke about Lorcan and Lachesis having everything taken care for the day she would bring her pups into the world had struck a question in the man before her. “It's my first time so I'm not really sure but it feels like it might be very soon. I don't think I could get any bigger, do you?” She jested with a raised brow. “Any day now I think,” she said with a more serious note to her tone.

(This post was last modified: May 17, 2017, 08:37 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Ah, the good old family name tradition. Laike wasn't sure if he had been named after anyone in specific but he did hold his name of Artemieva rather high. That was sort of the same thing. Right? He wasn't really sure and he didn't have time to think it over as she continued to speak. Thanking him for assistance he hadn't given yet and asking him about relations. "I'm a bit familiar with Aleksei, Kisla, and Lorcan. Suppose I might have been working too much to get better acquainted with more of my pack mates. My apologies." He offered a gentle chuckle. There was so much to do, in his mind, that the large male hadn't thought too much about being social.

So his brother had kept his relations a secret? Was there some reason why or did it merely not come up? He didn't bother hiding his expressions. An eyebrow raising softly as he continued to slowly leak information. "A little disheartening to hear. He has a few of us, brothers. Truthfully I was surprised we had happen to wind up in the same place." Surprised was a bit of an understatement but Inna didn't need to know that. "I am glad to hear he's doing well in his role." His brother being a healer was not thoroughly shocking. Lorcan had always been a bit...in touch with his sensitive side.

As the topic switched back to her pregnancy he felt a bit uncomfortable. Was he expected to answer that question honestly? The first thing that came to mind sounded something like "No, you're already putting toads to shame." and Laike was no smooth gentlemen but that certainly didn't seem like the proper thing to say. "Not sure." He opted to say instead with a chuckle. "Thought of names?" Laike asked softly, almost unsure if that was also the kind of thing he should be saying.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Even though she hadn't had the chance to know her grandmother Inna was rather proud to carry her name. The young Baranski was however more interested in how Laike was getting along in the pack which had spurred her asking about how he was getting along with the rest of the members. “No need to apologize, there is a lot of work to be done but I do hope that you have the chance to get to know the rest of the members.” Though she had always worked hard for the pack she also felt it important to take some time to herself. Inna thought he should do the same from time to time. She didn't want him to feel over worked and now that their numbers had increased she felt it would be okay for him to take that time.

So it would seem that she was speaking with Lorcans brother, this was a new turn of events. She was curious as to why the tawny healer had never mentioned that he had one brother let alone a few brothers. “I’m sure it's just a case of it hasn't come up but I also find it rather interesting that you both ended up here. Have you had a chance to speak with him?” Inna wondered if Laike knew Lorcan was in Hearthwood when he joined or if it really was a coincidence that they happen to end up in the same place. Regardless her children had an uncle from their father's side right there in Hearthwood. Inna offered a small smile, “I think it's something he truly loves so it makes sense he would do well in that role.” She felt Lorcan was rather passionate about his role as healer and was happy for him when he'd been able to continue it in Hearthwood.

She knew her pregnancy was coming to an end but she wasn't sure how much longer exactly she had. She was starting to get more and more nervous as the day approached but she was also excited to finally meet her children. During the times she was alone in her den she thought of what they might be like. Inna laughed along with Laike, “Me either,” she agreed. He then brought up names for the children, “I have been thinking about a few that might work for them. It's just hard when I don't know how many are actually in there and where they are girls or boys.” Of course she wanted to be ready for that moment when she would finally have to choose names for them.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Jun 03, 2017, 10:07 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He nodded his head softly. Laike didn't have plans on leaving anytime soon so he was sure he would eventually be more familiar with all the faces. While he was fairly reclusive he didn't think he was reclusive enough to not at least see all the faces of Hearthwood.

The beefy male listened to her with care. "Interesting indeed." He agreed with a small smirk. "I have, actually. Was quite the reuniting." With their squabble and shoving Laike figured that his words were honest enough. He hadn't used the words joyous or loving for specific reasons. He and his younger brother had never been joyous and loving with each other. "Good." The large Artemieva rumbled with some pride. At least Lorcan had found something he could excel in.

Laike was pleased when she seemed to laugh along. He wasn't sure how to handle a topic like pregnancy but as long as she wasn't offended then he saw himself in the clear. "Mind if I ask what they are? The names that is." His tone was genuinely curious. Laike never had a chance to see or hear about the naming process (or anything involving mother really) so perhaps Inna could give him a bit of knowledge. Obvious he wasn't so interested as to wish to be present for every moment of her pregnancy and forward but the least he could do was care and show interest now.

art by kydnt