531 Users Online
Google, Bing, Galen

let me down gently — Quaking Vale 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 291 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh
For @Neha @Sahalie and @Kino

A brief timeline, Neha visited within QV from April 23-approx April 30th so it is already known she is pregnant with Draven's baby. They both left on the 30th to raise the baby within FTC and Draven left the back, on the way back Neha got cold feet and changed her mind. They have been travelling for the last 2 weeks looking (and meeting) Ari, and have now returned to try to join.

May 16th, Partly cloudy, 55f/13C

The last three weeks had been a rollercoaster ride for the dark man. Finding out that Neha was pregnant was shocking enough, but the time had also been filled with the disappointment when she decided she wanted to raise the children in the Cove. While Draven missed the pack, Namid in particular he knew what that meant; he had to leave the Vale. The Leigh saw no other choice, he would not allow his pups to grow up without a father as he had and that meant going wherever the expectant mother chose to go. Not only this but she had changed her mind, a decision that he was still trying to come to terms with. He was doing everything that he could to not hold the change against her but the raven pelted wolf was frustrated. He had said goodbye to his brother and broken his commitment to the pack because she had been sure and now he would be back just weeks later.

He could only hope that Alastor would understand and accept them both.

Placing the fat hare down on a blanket of herbs that they had collected as an attempt to sweeten the pot in their favour Draven stepped back. Lifting his muzzle to the sky he called for his brother, god help them all.

(This post was last modified: May 17, 2017, 12:45 AM by Draven.)
Played by Mai who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neha Vuesain

Neha couldn't blame Draven for being frustrated with her. The young mother to be had been anything but easy to be around as of late. Her mood was all over the place, sticking mainly on the more negative end. She had screwed up in her first year of life by getting pregnant, by acting on sheer impulse. And she hated herself for it. She had been a healer in training...she knew enough about the body. She had seen how her mother and the other females, namely Moonshadow, had behaved during breeding season. There was no excuse for her. All evidence that despite her maturity and knowledge, of how immature she truly was, deep down. Now in a week...maybe less, she would have to grow up.

She had been terrified, which lead to her indecisiveness. The Cove was her home, and a great part of her compelled her to stay at her birthplace. Her family had lost so much already, and what would that make her if she were to leave? She had always believed that she was it's heir...destined to inherit, if not look after it one day.  But the more she lingered, the more she thought back, she realized how alien her home had become. She had seen the disapproving looks from her pack mates, the whispers behind her back when they thought she wasn't listening. Lunette, her only remaining sibling, seemed to hate her, for reasons she could not pin point. And Cernan, her brother, the one wolf who she knew she could lean on, was long gone. And as for her parents? She couldn't tell if they were angry with her or swallowed up in shame. She didn't want to find out...was too afraid. 

And so much to Draven's irritation, midway through their journey back to her home, she pulled him aside in a panic and voiced her feelings. She couldn't do it. She just couldn't go back. Not to a home that felt so empty. To a place where she once flitted about freely, that now, she would only wish to hide. The memories were too painful, the Cove itself too suffocating. She needed a fresh start, somewhere new. Even if it was as a young, foolish first time mother, at least she could take comfort in knowing that Draven, the father of their unborn cubs, would be with her. She followed him back towards the borders of Quaking Vale again with her heart in her throat. Sahalie seemed like a sweet, caring wolf with a good heart. Kino or Alastor as he preferred to be called, she hadn't gotten much of a feel for yet. And it worried her to no end, what these wolves would think. Of Draven returning with her at his side, hoping that she, a foolish girl and pregnant no less, would be accepted into their ranks. As her dark companion called for his brother, a hot tingle which was none too pleasant, raced through her nerves. This was his brother she'd be answering to! How would she explain herself now? What would she do if he turned her away? Go back to the Cove? Her sides heaving with rapid, nervous breathes, the Vuesain crouched down low, tail tucked against her side, trembling slightly. Never had Neha looked so different...so frightened. Was this who she had become? 
Neha can often be found close to Aleister's side and therefore may appear in any of his threads.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Played by Van who has 237 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor
-throws Cas in to do her secondly duties-

Cas was, essentially, on top of the world. She had wonderful friends here, and Larkspur was gone for a bit, and she had Niles every day. She was loving the sense of responsibility she had with Quaking Vale, and had enjoyed working her ass off so far. It helped that she didn't have to strain herself too much, or travel too far. She could intersperse her days of work with her days of relaxation, unlike what she felt comfortable with in Wild Rye Fields. She hadn't felt near as comfortable there as she did with Quaking Vale, even if Larkspur didn't like her. She was doing the best she could for the pack, while simultaneously doing the best she could for herself, and the results were beautiful.

Even if she did miss a certain dark-furred asshat up north.

Today was a work day, and Cas was patrolling the borders. She was nearby when the howl sounded, and therefore she was quick to respond to the owner of the voice - though she recognized it anyway. She approached the two with her tail waving and held like a banner in greeting, blue eyes alight with excitement and welcome.

"Long time no see," she chirped, padding up to touch her nose to first @Draven and then @Neha's cheeks. The pregnant girl was barely any older than Cas herself, and was expecting puppies, which was so exciting. The prospect of having kids in Quaking Vale was intimidating, but wonderful at the same time, and the silver-dusted girl hoped that the healer and his mate were intending to stick around this time.
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

It had been a few weeks since his brother had left with Neha and, as always, life continued. He’d done his sulking for a few days after but he knew he couldn’t be mad at Draven. Hell, his brother was having pup. Well, technically it was Neha, his pretty pale...something, that was having them but they would be Draven’s children all the same. It was strange to think that his brother would be a father as young as they were, yet at the same time it was strange to think that Alastor himself was the leader of an entire pack. Furthermore, he was an uncle! That was a chance he was also sad to see go. Alastor had never had a problem with children. He was neither good nor bad with them, but these ones...they would be of his blood. He knew Draven would raise them right, but he also felt a part of himself wanting to be a part of that life too. Would his brother have a daughter? Would it look like their mother? He could only wonder.

Yet, strangely enough, a call rang into the air that sounded much like his sibling’s voice. Surely it had to be a mistake, right? Yet the reverberance in the air told another story and instantly the man was off with long strides to meet them. Was everything okay? Had Neha gone into labor and they’d been forced to turn around? It was certainly a possibility, as the princess had been practically ready to pop when they’d gone to Quaking Vale. His topaz gaze took in the scene as he approached, slowing his strides to a trot. He held back none of the curiosity and a bit of worry that were etched across his face, looking between the pair and then to Cas who had beaten him to the punch. “Is everything okay?” he asked, just to make sure.

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
Things were complicated enough before.

Sahalie had suspected, but never truly believed that Draven had some girl in the background of his life. To discover that the girl was real when she was eventually brought back—pregnant nonetheless—was a complete shocker that she was still processing. Neha seemed so delicate in her lack of conviction, nervous in ways that concerned the young leader. But with them all gathered like that, her and Al absolute strangers towering over the mountain girl—well, Al was towering, Sahalie couldn't tower if her life depended on it—there was no way asking if Draven was the source of it all or if there were other things going on in the Cove. Certainly she couldn't ask Draven. Somehow the two of them, Neha and Draven, had come to be. They were something much more real than Sahalie and Alastor, at least, contrary to what everyone else around them saw. There was life growing in the soft and scared girl and Draven, frustrating and mysterious as he was, wanted to protect it. So in the end Sahalie could only put on her gentle, welcoming face and hope for the best, even as their backs faded into the distance and up the mountain. Alastor had seemed breathless with loss. Everything was complicated.

She had not ever expected to hear the sound her co-leader's green-eyed brother again, but there he was standing at the borders with an even more alarmingly pregnant Neha. Sahalie gulped. Castel appeared and though usually her bright and easy going personality might have been helpful the dark girl couldn't help but worry how Draven would react. Draven did not strike her as the affectionate type. Or was it just Sahalie that he didn't like? Castel certainly had never eternally wounded his brother's soul.

She'd only made out with him. Sahalie had to wonder what Draven would have thought about that story.

Uncertainly, she smiled at Neha as Alastor beside her spoke to Draven. The poor girl was crouched on the ground as if she either feared for her life or wished to be terribly polite. "Wow, you're really coming along. Any down now, I suppose it'll be?" her voice was quite as she hoped not to interrupt the boys. Though really, her mind felt vaguely numb with the whiplash of the coming and going. Neha wasn't really in any shape to be travelling down a mountain. So it was clearly something serious.

Even if it wasn't particularly appropriate, an intrusive thought entered her mind:

If she asked, would Draven say he loved Neha?
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Ghost who has 291 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Leigh
@Neha

Draven wished that he could tell Neha to stand up and be proud of the life that she was carrying and that everything would be okay. He wished that he had the words to reassure her and that they were honest, but he knew as well as she that the pups had been an accident and that this could all go very wrong. So instead he just turned to look at her and drew up a corner of his lip as convincingly as possible but he remained silent. The first face they saw was not who he was expecting, but the raven pelted man accepted her physical display nonetheless. Castel had always been kind, and besides it gave him a chance to more closely look over her frame and make sure that she was well.

Before he had a chance to ask her how she had been feeling his brother arrived hot on her heels and Draven dipped his head down in respect. He saw the worry clear across the platinum face and a pang of guilt ate away at his stomach, he had not meant to make the alpha worry. Once again before he had the chance to speak they were joined by another; Sahalie. She too was addressed with a formal dipping of his muzzle, and with it he nudged the small bundle of their gift towards the alphas.

"I'm sorry, I - we, did not mean to make anyone worry. While I know that I left the pack and have no right to ask so Neha and I are here to formally ask for a spot within your ranks, for both of us. I want my children to grow up here where they have family and are welcome and we aren't sure the place for that is within the Cove. " His words were formal but the apology was clear across his face, it almost pained Draven to have the plans changed so much. He was the type of wolf to set a decision and stick to it, but this was out of his control now.

[Image: draven-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Mai who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neha Vuesain

One by one, they emerged from the comforts of their home, answering the call of Draven. First to arrive was the kind hearted Castel. Neha's breath caught in her throat at the touch of a nose to her cheek, but she quickly relaxed, the temptation to set her tail into the motion of a wag rising ever so slightly. Kino, Draven's silvery brother and Alpha of the Vale was not far behind, and she watched him with wary brown eyes. Relief slowly sank in, easing her frayed nerves as Sahalie followed, offering the heavily pregnant Vuesain a warm greeting. None of the pack wolves seemed offended or judgmental of her physical condition. Just genuinely concerned. Even happy. The exact opposite she would expect from the wolves back at the Cove, should she have chosen to return. Hope ignited in her chest. Yes, maybe this was what she needed. To be around wolves her own age, of a similar mindset, to whom she could relate to. Mustering a small, sheepish smile, she rose up out of her crouched position, bumping Sahalie under the chin with her nose politely. "Y-yes...I'm getting anxious. I can't even begin to describe how uncomfortable I am with these guys in me." She said, but with an ounce of humor.

She fell silent as Draven spoke on their behalf, explaining the turn of events. Neha felt guilty of her sudden change of heart, but now that she was here, she was confident she was making the right decision. She hoped that she would have the pleasure of starting new with Draven, alongside his brother Kino...even his sister, hopefully and Sahalie in this pack, with their children in the thick of it all. After Draven had said his piece, she felt it was her turn, finding the words slow to form on her tongue. "Like he said...I just...couldn't do it. I couldn't go back to the Cove and face them." Her brown eyes fell down to her paws, ears slicked back. "It's just...changed so much. It's not the home I used to know." Her gaze lifted up towards the warm, friendly faces of the wolves who had so graciously welcomed her here on her first visit. "So...I could think of no better place but here... I want our children to be able to call you family..." She ended, hope in her eyes, her voice thick with emotion. Her mother, father and younger sister would always be in her heart, just a short journey away in the mountains. But she was starting a new life with Draven, and as parents to be, that meant that Kino, Ari and Sahalie were family too.
Neha can often be found close to Aleister's side and therefore may appear in any of his threads.
Played by Van who has 237 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor
The silver-brushed girl looked over her shoulder as the two alphas approached within moments of herself. She remained uncharacteristically quiet while the four of them made their exchange, large ears tipped forward to catch the conversation in its entirety. Neha was coming along in her pregnancy, and the thought brought a smile to her lips and a bit of jealousy to her chest. She wished, for a moment, that she and Niles could have had pups, in spite of how unfeasible the idea was. She pushed the thoughts away and continued to listen, blue eyes attentive and switching from wolf to wolf. She kind of felt like the odd man out.

Apparently, the two of them had taken so long to return because of Neha's indecisiveness. Cas could certainly relate, and she didn't blame her. Leaving her own father had been the hardest thing in her young life, but she knew that it had been necessary for her to lead a more productive, meaningful life. She couldn't have wasted away in that pen for the rest of her life - possibly have been forced to breed and have puppies for sale. She'd never have met Sahalie, or Kino, Draven, or Neha, or especially Niles.

So, in her usual ultracrepidarian way, Cas smiled and tipped her head. "Leaving home can be hard, but I doubt you have to worry any longer," she told Neha assuredly, not liking the anxiety roll off of the other young wolf's fur. All the stress should be bad on the pups, and as a first-time mother, she had enough to worry about with just getting through the pregnancy. Cas couldn't see Alastor - in particular - having the heart to push away his own family, or Sahalie either.

The second looked between her alphas, waiting for their decision.
(This post was last modified: May 23, 2017, 04:09 AM by Castel.)
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

The pair both seemed a little uncomfortable at what was going on, but he decided it was more guilt than anything. Of course he didn’t think they needed to be apologetic, they were welcome to their borders any time and always and he had made sure the dark man knew that. Family was family, something he’d been too consumed with his past to see until recently. He watched his brother nudge the offering toward him and a small smirk tugged at his maw. He listened to his words, a gentle sway moving to the silver man’s tail. This was good news to him, very good news! He’d be able to see the new additions grow like he’d wanted to and keep his brother. This was turning out perfectly.

Topaz gaze moved to Neha as she, too, spoke. A bit of sympathy crossed over his features as she recounted the judgement she felt in her previous home. He could understand that feeling, the ridicule for something. Sometimes it was one’s own family that could bring down the harshest punishments. His smirk widened a bit as she finished, a nod bobbing his head. “I’m really glad you came back. You’re family to us now, Neha. Not just because you’re having my brother’s pups but once you join our ranks you’ll be a part of everyone. You’ll receive no judgement here. Maybe a bit of annoyance because I can already promise you that everyone’s going to want a peek at that kid,” he chuckled, turning his attention to Hal to see what she would say.

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
(This post was last modified: May 23, 2017, 06:57 PM by Kino.)