373 Users Online
Nadine, Google, Bing, Jadon, Apollo

Status Update — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Moonshadow

The last few weeks had been turbulent not only for him but the rest of the pack as well, even more so than it had been in the past. The words he'd spoken to Moonshadow before he left on his trip had been truer than he would have liked. The loss of Des had hit him hard but he wouldn't mourn her until he'd sought his revenge. The only problem was the trail had grown cold and now he was left to come up with a plan that would find her killer and give them the revenge he wanted. For now it wasn't something he was able to do, with Lunette having just returned a lot of his focus had been on her. He didn't want to make the same mistakes he'd made in the past. He worried how her parents would react if they ever found out his true feelings for her but he felt it was a risk worth taking if they shared the same feelings. He was almost certain Lunette felt the same way as their relationship seemed to have changed.

Moonshadow was also at the forefront if his mind as he worried about her everyday since the day she'd had her pups. She was a strong woman but losing two pups wasn't something to get over quickly. He was always reminded of what Namid had gone through the previous year and hoped that somehow he could keep his friend from going through that. He didn't want her to fall into the dark place like he and Namid had, she had Chan and even though his siblings were gone he hoped the little cub could bring her enough happiness. His plans had been to take the day since it was so sunny and spend it on a rock somewhere but they had changed. He and Moonshadow hadn't really talked since she'd gotten her memory back, he felt they were long overdue.

So he went to her early before his duties hoping that he might catch her alone. He hoped Tagg would have gone to take care of his own duties to give him and Moonshadow plenty of time to talk. He went to the den as it was the most obvious place to look for her now. “Moonshadow, are you in there?” He called into the darkness hoping to hear her answer his call.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Maybe Chan can pop in if Wolfsi wants since he playable now? :)

In the few days since the snake incident the dark mother had refused to leave the proximity of the den. She almost lost her third and final child and she wouldn't be taking that chance ever again. So if someone wanted to find the ebony woman all the would have to do is follow the sound of tiny puppy mews. This morning there wouldn't be tiny squeaks for little Chan was fast asleep curled next to his mother. The new mother was doing her best to sleep as well, but as usual nightmare plagued her. Waking with a start Moonshadow sighed as she realized that it was just a bad dream. Silver eyes gazed upon the brown and red form of her sleeping son causing a smile to form on her maw. Despite the dreams he would always make her happy. Placing a kiss upon his crown the cove beta laid her head upon her fore legs and looked out into the dawn.

She wasn't sure how much time had past from when she woke up to when she heard her name. Silver eyes flitted open as her brain slowly registered who had called her. It had been way too long since the dark duo had spoke. The last time was really right before he left on his trip. Everything after that had been a mess. So giving Chan another kiss the mother slowly exited the den to greet her teacher. "Good morning Kajika how are you?" She greeted with a smile. The dark female didnt fully exit the den. Her rear end stayed in the mouth of the den as to make sure nothing got into it while she wasn't looking. She would do everything in her power to make sure nothing jeopardized her child ever again.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika fully expected to find his friend inside the den especially after the snake had ended up in there with Chan, Moonshadow had become even more protective of her son. He couldn’t blame her since the cub was all she had left of her litter. It was thoughts like that which only fueled the anger that had taken up permanent residence inside of him. As always he wished that he could protect her from anything bad happening but he had learned with Des that it wasn’t possible to be there every moment of every day. There was no way to tell what would happen, he would have gladly canceled or postponed his trip had he known about all of the things that had happened during his absence. There were so many more what if situations that popped up from considering that one small change to the plan.

When he arrived outside the den he wasn’t expecting to find Moonshadow inside if it as it was still rather early. So he had spoken into the den calling for his friend and hoping she felt up to speaking with him. Luckily he had been right and Moonshadow was indeed inside the den as she soon emerged and greeted him. It brought a smile to his face, “Good morning to you as well.” He then let his gaze fall back on the entrance to the den, “How is my godson today?” He asked wanting to make sure that the pup was doing well. It was the first time that he had ever really had to worry about how the pups were doing. Kajika was still ecstatic about Moonshaodw asking him to be Chan’s godfather.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Out of character comments here

The morning was a nice one with the sun out and birds chirping. Her warm getting was returned as usual. It was wonderful for the ebony woman to see her friend in a much happier state. She knew that this happiness was only on the surface however for Moon knew Des' death hit him hard. It had hit the whole pack hard. She wouldn't press it though for if he wanted to talk about it he would do so. Her silver dusted tail wagged behind her in the entrance of the den as @Kajika asked about his godson. "@Chan is doing well still fast asleep thank goodness" she admitted with a laugh as she glanced back to the den. As she looked on the darkness within her crept out from the shadows and plagued her happy thought as it usually did. She did her best to shove it away as she looked back to her teacher. "How are you doin' this morning?" What she really wanted to know was how was he doing in general. She knew his trip was to help heal him but it seems everything had fallen apart when he returned. She hoped now that she was home and so was Lunette that he could focus on grieving and healing from Des.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The dark beta was thankful that spring had truly arrived to the lore, he was usually pretty tolerable but this year it had work out it's welcome. With the water temperature's they could now add fish to their caches but that could wait until later. Speaking to Moonshadow​ was his top priority at the moment. He was pleased that she seemed to be in good spirits as she came out of the den. Their greetings were exchanged but he was curious about his godson, “Sounds like he might be quite the handful?” Which he wouldn't be surprised by. It was good that Moonshadow was able to get a few moments to herself though he wasn't sure she wanted them after the snake.

Once she'd told him how Chan was doing she asked him how he was doing, it was a heavy question as of late. He was better than he was before his trip but was he truly better. His thirst for revenge for not only Des's murder but Moonshadow's attack and subsequent loss of two of her children weighed on his mind daily. Lunette helped more than she would ever know in keeping him grounded and not lashing out from the anger inside him. “Right now? I'm doing okay but you know better don't you?” She knew him well enough to know when he was fine and when he wasn't. “It's been a rough month for all of us. Are you okay and tell me the truth Moonshadow. You do your best to hide it but I know you like you know me.” He wouldn't let her off the hook like he had in days past. He wanted to know for sure she wasn't falling into the darkness.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! She'll telling after some prying XD

She loved that Kajika had agreed to be her baby's godfather. She wouldn't want anyone else taking care of him should anything ever happen to her or Tagg. When he asked how the pup was doing she smiled and told him he was fast asleep. Her little 'thank goodness' and chuckle warranted her teachers next question. Another laugh fell from her inky maw as she nodded. "He is, not that its a bad thing. He's just growin' up really fast and I dunno how I feel 'bout it." She admitted. She was happy to see him grow and couldn't wait for him to continue to grow. Part of her just wished he'd stay small forever so she could always protect him.

Her asking him how hewas, was as genuine as ever. She really cared for his feelings and well-being. He asked if she meant right then and proceeded to tell her he was okay but that she knew him better than that. A smirk adorned her lips as she gave him a nod. Of course she knew when he was fine and when he wasn't. And maybe in this precise moment he wasn't falling apart on the surface but she knew that deep within him he was already shattered and doing his best to pick up the pieces...kinda like her. "Of course I do. And I know that you're not okay..." She paused for a moment letting her silver gaze met his amber one. "So how are you really doin'?" While she may know he wasn't okay she couldn't know just how not okay he really was without him giving her a reference point. All she could do was guess it was pretty bad considering everything thats happened.

After the pair discussed how he was doing he turned his sights on her. He stated that the last month had been rough on everyone. She nodded her head in agreement. While she didn't know everything that had happened to everyone she did know a lot had happened. Her silver dusted ears flicked back as he asked if she was okay and to tell him the truth. He knew her just like she knew him...right then it was a blessing and a curse to the ebony mother. All she wanted to do was keep it to herself but she knew that he'd eventually find out. Maybe she could not let him in on just how bad its been just as he had earlier this year (unbeknownst to her). "It has been a hard couple of months, I'm doin' alright considering..." She dropped her gaze for not wanting to look him in the eyes while she basically lied by omission. She also didnt want him to see the beginnings of tears forming in her eyes. The darkness had reappeared within her at the mention of it. She did her best to push it back but it wouldn't move. She couldnt, no she wouldn't, let him know just how bad it truly was. It was her self punishment to deal with it on her own. She shouldn't have left the territory...

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Time to see if she's as good at avoiding.

Hearing that his godson was doing well was good news to hear.  Though Chan wasn't his and he might not have the right to feel the way he did he still felt the pride a father might feel because he was his godson son.  He had been grateful to be there when the cub was born, to see him come into the world.  Kajika knew some father's didn't even get that chance. “They do grow up fast and it can be very hard to watch that but then you get to see what they become. Having a mother and father like you and Tagg I'm sure Chan will do great things.” With those words he did have to wonder what Chan would grow up to do.  Moonshadow had come so far since he had first brought her to the cove, he was proud of the woman she'd become. “With him growing so fast I suppose you have to cherish the moments you have with him while he is still young.”

They went through how he was but he also knew deep down Inside she knew how he was doing.  It wasn't something he liked to dwell on. He knew from past experience that it could and would consume him. He couldn't have that, not now or ever.  It was best to give it it's time and place and by doing that he hoped to keep the darkness that he had once found himself in at bay. She knew him well and knew when he wasn't at his best because he had had seen him at his worst. This time was different he tried to hide it but she didn't know what lived just below the surface.  This he could tell her it wasn't like before so when she asked how he was really doing he didn't hesitate. “I'm angry most the time for what was done to Des and you I want those responsible to pay for what they did.” That was part of it and there was Lunette and what he felt was going between them but he didn't know how to explain that to Moonshadow. It also wasn't the first time he'd wondered what his friend would think about his relationship with the young Vuesain.  There was worry there to about when Namid and Vespertio found out how close he and their daughter had become. It wasn't something he'd planned, it just happened.

He was also concerned for her as he had been since her return to the cove. He wondered if she’d even talked to Tagg about how she was feeling. Or if the tawny male even recognized there was something that wasn't quite right with his mate. He had asked her to tell him the truth of how she was doing because he knew she couldn't be okay after all that had happened to her. He caught the way her ears flicked back when he asked her to tell him the truth. As she spoke his brow rose just a little and he became more curious when her gaze dropped so she was no longer looking at him. “Considering what Moonshadow?” He asked his tone serious.  He knew there was something that she wasn't telling him and like her he aimed to find out what it was. Though he had the idea that it probably had to do with the pups she'd lost. If that was the case he had to help her so that she wouldn't go to the same place he had went earlier in the year. “I can't help you Moonshadow if you don't tell me,” he added his tone gentler than his had been before.

(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2017, 06:07 PM by Coleus.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Sorry bout the wait Dx my moneys on not so much XD

Her silver dusted tail wagged as her teacher told her that he thought Chan would grow up great having g her as his mother and Tagg as his father. "And dont forget he has you as his teacher and god father" she reminded him with a smile. Kajika would be a very important part of her baby's life and she wanted him to know that. He went on to say that they would have to cherish the moments when he was young. She nodded in sad agreement. She wished he'd stay tiny forever but she also knew he wouldnt. She was so scared to lose her little boy but she was also so scared to miss out on his life.

Once the dark duos discussion over the packs newest member their attention turned to one of the oldest. Moon knew the man before her better than he knew himself. She could tell when there was something was off even when he tried to hide it from her. This time was no different and when he didnt hesitate to tell her it made her heart swell just a bit. She was glad she wouldn't have to pry it out of him this time. He spoke of how he was angry for what had happened to her and Des. Her ears fell back for she felt like her attack was her fault. He continued to say how he wanted those who hurt them to pay. A wave of shock washed over the woman for she hadn't ever seen Kajika ever get angry let alone want revenge. "I can understand where your feeling come from but you mustn't dwell on them. Anger can tear a wolf apart if they're not careful." She spoke from experience. She had been angry when she lost her birth pack. Angry at herself mostly, but angry nonetheless. It drove her mad and drove her to hate herself. A feeling she was beginning to feel again. "Anyways, what happened to me was my fault" she said softly looking down at her paws. "Had I stayed within the borders instead of looking for foo-" she choked out as tears blurred her downcast vision - maybe I'd have all my babies. She finished in her own head. It was her fault they were gone...

Quickly regaining her composure she did her best to shove the darkness out. It was clear that her reply created worry within the dark man. "Considering what Moonshadow?" "Considerin' everything thats happened to everyone lately. Me wanderin' off, Lunette disappearing, Des' death, my babies..." She trailed off hoping he'd catch her drift so that she wouldn't have to keep going. Just as she knew him better than he did he knew her better than she did and in this moment she really wish he didnt. She didnt want to talk about it...she couldn't even think about it. Of she did that would make it real and she couldn't face that...not yet. "I can't help you if you dont tell me Moonshadow" a soft whine reasoned in her throat. She knew that but she wasn't sure she deserved help...how could someone like her deserve help? "I - I did. I'm - I'm fine." She knew as soon as the words fell from her maw that he wouldn't buy them.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Despite the reservations he'd had when he first found out about Moonshadow and Tagg starting a family together he did feel they would make good parents. They both lived their son and he knew would do the best they could for him. His student was however quick to remind him just how important he would be in Chan's life. “I want to teach him all that I know,” admitted the dark man. Since he didn't foresee a son in his future he was thankful for the opportunity to pass his knowledge on to Chan. Of course the young Eastfall wouldn't stay little forever and Moonshadow's agreed they would have to cherish as many moments as they could while he was still young. Kajika hoped for Moonshadow that Chan wouldn't follow in the footsteps of Namid's children and leave the cove when he was older.

Their conversation soon turned to him and how he had been and this time he didn't need to hide from her his true feelings. What he felt in regards to the cove and most especially Des's death weighed heavily on his mind always. He expressed to her the anger he felt as there was no reason to hide it. Nor was there reason to hide from Moonshadow the fact that he wanted revenge. He knew it wouldn't bring Des back or change what had happened to his ebony friend but it would make him feel better. He wasn't able to help them when they'd been hurt but making those responsible pay for what they had done would hold some satisfaction. His gaze fixed on Moonshadow as she spoke if not dwelling on the feelings he felt and how his anger would tear him apart. He shook his head, “I won't let that happen” he told her, “I have you and Chan and Lunette to help keep me grounded.” He was certain that was what he needed to not let himself be consumed by his anger and desire for revenge. His brow furrowed as she stated that what had happened was her fault because she had left pack lands in search of food he assumed. “It wasn't your fault Moonshadow,” he said close to her with his nose only inches from hers, “You should be able to leave pack borders in search of food without having to worry about having something bad happen.” However it was starting to seem that they couldn't leave pack lands without something bad happening.

There was more to what Moonshadow was feeling, Kajika knew it and he was going to get to the bottom of it. There wouldn't be any point in her trying to avoid as much as he had when she had tried prying into his feelings. So he went about prying into what it was that bothered her so much. He didn't have to wait for her to spill what aceit was as she did it almost right away. He nodded, “I think all that's happened has brought the pack’s spirits down, it's times like these we really need to stick together.” They had gone through some rough times before but nothing like what they've had to endure over the past months and he had to wonder if Fallen Tree Cove could recover from them. He did fear what would happen if Lunette decided to leave because he was afraid of what it would do to Namid. In that moment however he was more concerned with Moonshadow and as she stuttered out that she was fine he shook his head. “Don't lie to me Moonshadow I know that you are not fine,” he stated before moving closer and whispering, “Do you think I don't know what it looks like when the darkness is trying to swallow you.” His tone was serious but gentle so as not to scare her. He wasn't going to let her fall as he had, she had more to live for and he hoped that would keep her from being brought down as much as he had.

(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2017, 06:01 PM by Kajika.)