(See All?) Announcements
514 Users Online

the birds are flying south — Panorama Peak 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mathuin Whitebark
@Rosalind || Mid-morning, Light drizzle, 60 ° F, 16 ° C

So he had gotten lost, no big deal. The big deal was he wasn't positive where @Astrid was. It left him in a slumberous state due to his lack of sleep. Maybe she was done adventuring with him or maybe she had found a better adventuring buddy. Both hurt to think about but he wished she would have at least said something.

He had clambered north looking for any signs but so far he found nothing worthwhile. With the light drizzle that came down, he was positive any leftover clues were washed away. Part of him felt like he was starting a wild goose chase but he considered the fact that perhaps his honey friend had truly met some harsh end. He wasn't there to save her. He wasn't there to drag her out of any rapids or rivers, tell her to watch out or even remind her to be safe. What kind of friend and adventure buddy would he be then?

Here he was, climbing up a giant hill that very well could have been a mountain and letting guilt for the unknown eat away at him. When he hit that peak he dropped to the ground. Splayed out almost like a rug. He was tired and it was raining. What good would going on in this condition be?

Played by Maeby who has 56 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

She seemed to be on someone's trail, but she had no idea why. Was it really a good idea, stalking some stranger? In all honesty, they were a bit close to her uncle's pack, but not too close as to throw a fuss about. So, why? 'I must be really bored...' The fae sighed under her breath. 'That or just really creepy...' Her nerves seemed rather.. Decent today, perhaps that was the cause of this 'on a whim' experience? Yeah, that had to be it. What else could possibly justify going out of her way to bother some stranger when on any other given day talking to someone was an extremely forced task? 'I should just talk to them, ask them what they're up to.. Then leave. Take a nap. Actually, it's not too late to just turn around and do that now....' Actually, it was. Almost as fast as the thought came out, the strange traveler kerplumped to the ground.

'Oh, for Gods sake's!!' The yearling sighed, louder this time as she trotted over to the male in question. "Hey! You okay?" Worry was evident in Rosalind's tone. Up until now the male just seemed lost, or maybe worried. Could she have mistaken something more for just that?

Inactive No Rank
Mathuin Whitebark
Usually, he would have never been upset with some company but he wasn't his usual self lately. The voice that called behind him sounded genuinely concerned and he wasn't sure why. It didn't occur to him that he might look rather pathetic laying on the ground in the light rain.

Mathuin took his time raising himself back up onto his paws as he turned around. It was obvious he was tired from the way he held himself, he wasn't standing all the way up at full height and his shoulders seemed to slouch in a nonaggressive way. "Yeah." He hollered back to the female. She seemed about his age and was rather the opposite of Astrid. Muddy hues in her fur and striking blue eyes. "I'm, uh, just resting." The large yearling tried to assure her with a soft shrug and weak smile.

Obviously, she had been around long enough to see him lay down in an uncivilized fashion but had she been around longer than that? Was he so one tracked mind right now that he hadn't noticed someone stalking him? He took a deep breath, he was probably overthinking it. Maybe she was just passing through like he was. "Can I help you?" He asked in a more sincere manner than how such words would usually be said.
[Image: V8yGQ6c.gif]
Astrid & Mathuin
The Adventuring Peanuts
Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn

Ah, so he was fine after all. 'Phew, that's a relief.' The yearling thought, knowing all too well that even if the male had been in trouble, she wouldn't be in any position to help. Medicine, or anything of that nature, had always been her brother Perseus' forte, so she had never felt the need to dabble in it. "O-Oh, A-Alright-y then!" The fae let out an awkward smile, regretting ever making her presence known. 'What a strange place to rest.. Speaking of rest.. That nap..' she sighed, wondering if it'd be rude to just leave.

"O-h, I-I, Uhm.. No, not really..." Ro stammered, somehow seemingly caught off-guard with the question. "I-I was just passing through, t-trying to get to know the lands a little bit... I'm p-pretty new around here.." Not following you or anything. Especially not for a while now. Could he be on to her? 'N-no, no way.. Or he wouldn't of just flopped over like that, right? Unless..' Was he just trying to lure her out? If that were the case then he definitely knew she was lying. "H-How about you? What's g-got you so tired? Travelling?" Not that it was any of her damn business. 'Stop. Talking. So. You. Can. Take. Your. Nap.'

Inactive No Rank
Mathuin Whitebark
He found it hard to not notice how she stuttered wildly. It sounded like she had been doused in freezing water then dragged out. There was no water nearby for her and she looked relatively try besides for the slight dampness that might have come from the light rain above. Did she naturally talk like that? Had he managed to scare her somehow? Mathuin wasn't really sure and he wasn't sure if he could muster the energy to be concerned with her weird speech pattern.

"I am too. New I mean. To this area." He commented rather blandly. He was also technically passing through but he was really looking around the area while passing through. The large yearling had to take her word that she hadn't been stalking him and that she was just passing by. Of course, it was weird to think she too happened to climb up the hill and saw him when he collapsed to rest. He would find it easier to blame it on his already worried mind with sleepiness slowly sliding in.

His right ear flicked softly as she asked what had him so tired. He would have usually beamed with a smile and told her he was an adventurer but he simply offered a shrug. "Yeah. Lots of traveling will do that to you." So would converting all of your energy into looking for someone who you didn't have a trail on.
(This post was last modified: Jun 01, 2017, 05:03 AM by Mathuin.)
[Image: V8yGQ6c.gif]
Astrid & Mathuin
The Adventuring Peanuts
Rosalind Andromeda-Tainn
Sorry for the wait!

Lots of traveling, huh? The male didn't seem all too interested in talking to her, which made the fae begin to question why she was even bothering. He didn't want to be here, she sure as hell didn't want to be here, so.. Why? "Do you travel a lot? O-Oh, uhm.. Y-You seem.. B-Busy.. Or, er.. A-Are you.. I-Is there anything I can help you w-with?" She faltered, immediately regretting her choice of words, as per usual. Though she hadn't really done anything to deserve the strangers annoyance, so perhaps he instead was just on some sort of quest.. Hopefully.

"O-Or, I could, e-er, J-just g-go... If I'm bothering y-you, I didn't mean to.. I'm s-sorry.." Because it could still be the latter. Ro wasn't as good at judging character, or at least not as good as her brothers had always been. Not necessarily bad, or.. Maybe in this case it was just her anxiety. Usually was, but then again that's what made her fall short from her littermates in the first place. Either way she didn't have any intentions of bothering the male further if that were the case. She'd gladly head back home if that's what he wanted.