(See All?) Announcements
615 Users Online
Bing, Google

the king of carrot flowers — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Not too far away from WRF's borders @Adelayde || music inspiration || Evening, Patchy rain possible, 67 ° F, 19 ° C

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He felt dumb and numb. His body slightly sore but mostly recovered from his scuffle with that overgrown manchild but nothing he couldn't handle. Truthfully, Laike needed a break for just a bit so when @Lachesis had granted him permission to go out for a bit he couldn't have been happier. At first, the larger Artemieva had told himself that he just need some alone time to decompress. It was then after some wandering that he realized he needed to go see Adelayde. He wondered if she had gotten her problems sorted out and if she was fairing well. She had given him a name of the place to go and he knew the general direction. Surely if he wandered for long enough he'd get there.

The trip had been a bit longer than what he was used to but he loved every moment. Falling asleep alone and waking up to the sounds of nothing but nature. There were no loud children or nosy packmates or yapping mothers. There was only him and the big wild world. Perhaps he had needed this more than he had known. It made him doubt his place in Hearthwood River but he knew they needed him. He wasn't selfish despite his seemingly cold and rough personality.

He felt that he should have been arriving soon given what vague directions Adelayde had given him. Half of the day he spent debating in his head if she would appreciate this. Him just showing up on her doorstep like a lost cub. A few times he considered just giving up and heading home earlier. He still would have another three days back regardless of his choice to keep going or return. Maybe he could cut into some sleep to make up for it.

It was long before he smelt something on the breeze. A storm slowly rolling in that caused the grassy and grainy scent to mingle with that of incoming rain. He wondered if that was some kind of sign. He wasn't into the superstitious but then again he wasn't totally against it.

Stopping not too far from the pack's borders he looked around. It was pretty despite the gray clouds lurking in closer and closer. This had to be the right place. Some of it matched Adelayde's scent and there was no way he could have ran into another pack, or so he chose not to believe that. What a fool he would look like if this wasn't even Wild Rye Fields or if Adelayde wasn't even home. What would he say if someone else showed up and asked him a bunch of questions? How did he respond to someone asking how he knew her or what their relation was? Did he just barf up that maybe he liked her company enough to ask for permission to haul himself out here in rain or did he simply state she was a friend? A nice friend. A really nice friend.

He sighed and shook his head. Unknowingly he had begun to pace in a small circle. The large male knew the longer he lurked about like a hungry shark the more suspicious he'd be to anyone who caught sight of him. It was then that he heard thunder in the distance that he halted his pacing and looked from the ground to the horizon. For once he was truly and utterly nervous. But he would compose himself like he always did. He would wear a neutral face to hide his real feelings from the rest of the world because that was just what he did.

With one slow deep note he called out into the darkening sky, asking for Adelayde to come see him. He purposely left it vague. Unaware if anyone knew about him or not he decided to play it safe. When his call ended he took a seat as fiery eyes searched the fields as the rain began to dump from above. He could not have looked more pathetic than he did then and there.

art by kydnt
(This post was last modified: Jun 06, 2017, 12:56 AM by Laike.)
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
and your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck

It had been too long. Had an eternity passed and gone since she was last gifted with Laike's company? She had no intention to stay away from the pale cloaked male, but a fear of leaving the Rye again gripped around her heart and prevented the beta from leaving the borders. Last time she left the fields, Askan had been attacked by his uncle Deron who she took a message for and told Askan he wanted to meet with him, then she left to see Laike. And she hadn't been anywhere to help him when he needed someone. Perhaps that was the reason she wasn't meant to be the person Askan relied on. She couldn't be there when he needed her the most. So what good was it to be sulking around feeling replaced when she let him down anyway?

Not to mention, the Rye was also gifted with three cubs to look after and dote upon. Jessie has yet to allow the rest of the pack to meet the three heirs, but Adelayde was hopeful it would be soon. With Askan hurt, though he would probably deny it, and with the new additions to the pack, Ade was reluctant to leave even through she wished for Laike's company. He seemed to be the only thing that was keeping her together. He was the glue that kept her from falling apart into pieces and becoming lost. Though he wasn't simple, she was just as confused about what they were becoming and what she felt when she thought of him as anything else going on in her world. But with everything that seemed to be going wrong, he seemed like the only thing that felt right.  

But there was no way that she could go see him. Not with the cubs just being born and Askan being attacked, there was too much she feared would go wrong if she walked across those borders. She couldn't do that to the Rye. As she paced the borders, her head hanging low as thunder cracked in the distance, the rain storm drew closer. The tawny woman didn't care to take shelter from it. She didn't care to get wet, perhaps the rain would make her feel something other than guilt and loneliness. Rain thick in the air, she almost didn't catch it at first, but the earthy scent triggered a sudden intake of air through her nostrils. At first she thought she was merely daydreaming, wishing her pale prince was here with her to save her from her drowning thoughts. He wouldn't of traveled all this way to see her. Who would do such a thing?

But she couldn't convince herself much longer that she was just imagining things as his ever so familiar voice rang through the sky calling for her. It wasn't a dream. He was reality.  

Heart thudding against her tawny chest, she raced to find him, his voice only giving her the general direction of where he was, waiting for her. Not before long, her mismatched eyes spotted his pale coat against the dark evening sky as thunderclouds gathered behind him. Cream washed banner waving frantically, she couldn't believe her eyes. Laike was actually here, here in the Rye to see her! She didn't think there could be a happier girl in the world right now as she drew closer to him, her gallop slowing to a brisk trot as she ignored all personal space laws and passionately embraced him. "I missed you," she breathed into his gray nape as her mismatched eyes squeezed shut.

i'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
He truthfully hadn't been expecting her or at the least expecting her so soon but when that familiar form came running through the fields he couldn't contain his heart beat. That was Adelayde in her purest form. Simple yet stunning. She was a paradox that he didn't wish to solve or figure out. He liked some of her mysterious traits. It always kept him on his toes around here but not in a bad way.

The large male didn't realize he had been holding his breath until she crashed into him like a wave. He did not hesitate this time as he stood up and placed his head over her neck like he was protecting her from the rolls of thunder and whatever else may be harmful. Those three little words would have made him cry if he had been more in touch with his own messed up emotions. Softly with his deep tones, he whispered for only her to hear. "I missed you too." That was likely his first big step towards admitting any feelings he had about anything. Laike wasn't a man of goodbyes, hellos, i miss you and i love you but here he was telling Adelayde he missed her - because he really did.

He didn't leave her embrace despite the rain that pelted down on them and the thunder that rolled ahead. Part of him wanted her to go find shelter but there was something so genuine and raw about standing out here in the rain with her. To be able to feel her touch again was something he wouldn't verbally admit he was glad for even if he physically showed it.

"I hope you don't mind me being here." "Because I don't know if others know about me or what we even have but I needed to see you." He inwardly finished his sentence because that was too much to say. Laike was only willing to expose himself so much at a time. "Are you better?" He asked in between a roll of thunder. The large male hadn't forgotten her troubles from last time.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
and your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck

Had the rain started to pour sooner, she may had grown cold and wet with it by herself, but as she stood grasped around Laike's neck, it was impossible for her to become cold. His touch set fire to her skin and unlike his past tender embraces, this time there was no hesitation from him. Though his embrace was still soft, there was a strong yearning that she felt connected to and shared just the same. There was no lies in her whispered words. Every part of her missed him. Adelayde loved his company. She loved the way she felt around him and how he made her feel like she was the only girl that he saw. She was too focused on enjoying his embrace to think about what those feelings meant and what those feelings could define the two of them as. 

As the rain began to pour down upon them, she did not waver. There wasn't a thing in the world that could draw her apart from him in this moment. It was like the world was at a standstill and all that mattered was the two of them, together, raw and exposed. Thunder around them seemed obsolete as with the rain that soak her tawny fur. Blinking her blue green eyes, she listened to his deep baritones as they rumbled against the back of her neck. Nuzzling deeper into his fur as a rumble of thunder passed between his words as he asked if she was better since the last time they saw each other. 

Finally, but reluctantly she drew away from him, but the Snow woman did not stray far, only allowing a foot or so between them. She was reluctant to be far from him even if he had no intentions of straying either. He had asked if she was feeling better. Indeed, her issue wasn't as bad as it had been a month or so ago, but she wasn't particularly feeling better about it. Adelayde didn't want to talk about that though, she didn't want anything to ruin her time with him tonight. "I'm better now that you are here," she whispered softly to him as another crack of lightning struck in the distance illuminating Laike's fiery eyes. 

No matter how much she didn't care that the rain pelted down upon them at this moment, she knew being out in the open wasn't such a good idea with lightning striking so close. Motioning for her pale suitor to follow her, she began to make her way towards another abandoned den she happened to find a week or so ago just outside the southeastern borders just along the treeline. She wasn't sure who had quite abandoned it, but it was plenty large enough to fit the two of them, so she assumed it was most likely an old bear den. 

As the rain pour down sideways, she strained her eyes to located the shelter among the thickening treeline. Another strike of lightning gave her enough light to finally find what she was looking for. Quickly, she disappeared inside the den, easily making room for Laike to follow.

i'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
(This post was last modified: Jun 06, 2017, 04:08 AM by Adelayde.)
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
He felt cold and suddenly the rain seemed more pestering as she pulled away from him. Laike's first instinct was to follow but she didn't go too far at first. His tail swayed behind him as he caught the tall female's words before the lightning cracked across the sky. It seemed his company had no intentions to stay out in the storm so he followed after her as beckoned to do.

Laike wasn't very positive where they were going but he knew they weren't crossing borders. It was a bit of a relief honestly. He wasn't sure how the other Rye wolves would react to him relaxing amongst their members and being all cozy with one of their ladies. And cozy he was as he followed her into an old den that had the slightest hints musk of a bear. The scent was far too old for him to be concerned about as he settled down by @Adelayde's side. It was a welcomed place compared to the storm outside that showed no signs of lightening up.

His orange gaze looked over to the female by his side with that rather neutral expression. "You think your pack will come looking for you? That's a nasty storm." The stocky male's ears flicked with the rumble of thunder in the distance. He was positive that if one of his own packmate's had gone absent in a storm like this someone would have gone looking for them. Perhaps not himself but someone surely.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
she says beauty is pain

Had she been more bold and uncaring of pack rules, the Rye beta may have beckoned the River wolf to her own personal den within the territory where it would have been more comfortable for the two of them. In her personal den, hides of assorted animals layered the ground in a comfortable blanket. Recently, she found a sweet smelling and rather tall flower which she picked about a bundle of and placed them delicately in the corner of the den. She recognized the flower as being one within the bundle that Lachesis had brought them for Jessie before she gave birth. If she remembered right, he called it Lavender hyssop and advised to not eat it. Ever since she placed it there, the few nights she slept in her den, she had peaceful and deep sleep. 

However, her secondary den would have to suffice for now. With a storm like this, neither of them should be out in the open fields with lightning striking. Adelayde didn't have to do too much to the abandoned bear den as it already was rather large enough for two wolves, though she had to chase out a few rodents who thought to make their home in there as well. She knew she wouldn't use this den very often, but wanted to keep it as another option for situations like this. It could be her and Laike's den whenever or if he ever came out to the Rye again. As much as she wanted whatever was happening between them to continue, one could never know how long good things would last. 

As Laike followed her inside, a smile crossed her ebony lips as he settled down beside her. His fiery eyes focused upon her as his baritone voice spoke out against the pouring rain that pelted the ground outside. Chuckling softly to herself, though his question was far from funny. It was just lately, she felt the pack was slowly growing apart from each other. Like they weren't a cohesive unit, but rather very separate individuals that wanted to keep to themselves. Perhaps, she was partly to blame as she didn't take the initiative to change that and make them a whole family again. 

"No, they won't." She answered before looking out away from his gaze and out towards the den's entrance. Blue green eyes watched the rain pour down. Ade admired the ferocity of the sky at this moment, a trait she wished she could hold. Until recently, she was never one to fear voicing her opinions or be apprehensive to fix a problem that she saw. So, she couldn't wrap her head around the fact that something was holding her back from being herself, being the person that stood up for everything and everyone. She just couldn't explain where that part of her went. 

"What about you? You're a long way from home, won't there be others looking for you?" Changing the subject helped distract her wandering mind from over analyzing everything in her path. And in fact, she was rather curious as to why he came all the way out here. It certainly couldn't have been just to see her.

and there's beauty in everything
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
He didn't understand what had made her laugh but he really didn't entirely mind. Even if it wasn't overly bubbly and lively, the chuckle had been enough to warrant a small smile from him but that quickly faded with her answer. Why wouldn't they? Didn't they value her? Was she usually out getting caught in storms with strangers? Laike knew he wasn't really a stranger to her but he was a stranger to her pack mates. Before he could properly protest or even muster a scowl she asked him the same thing.

"I asked to take a trip. Needed some space and to leave the forest for a bit." His gaze stared outside of the den into the storm. Luckily most of the thunder was becoming a hush or disappeared altogether. It made talking softly so much easier. "I won't be in the area long but I figured I owed you a visit." The stocky male briefly looked over to her before moving his focus on the ground between them. He really felt like he should have asked her before showing up at her doorstep but she didn't seem mad. If she was upset with his decision to randomly visit then she was hiding it damn well.

Somewhere in himself, he found it to give her a good, sincere, hard look. "I wanna know more about you. What makes you, well, you. Besides the laughter, smiles and occasional wrestling." He didn't mind those things, though. Adelayde put up a good fight when they had wrestled a few times before. Even with his bulk she sometimes seemed to come out on top. It felt good to have someone who was on his level. He didn't have to always worry about perhaps hurting her when she almost matched him in bulk and beat him in height.
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2017, 07:11 PM by Laike.)
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
{ltr}
she says beauty is pain
[/ltr]{ltr}

Everything was slowly growing much different within the borders of the Rye. She had to admit she was partial to blame as would anyone else within the pack. The beta stayed silent through it all, not voicing her concerns or taking the step to create a needed change throughout the pack. It wasn't like she wasn't valued or was she normally reckless. Adelyade just knew it was the norm now to not see the whole pack within the communal den at night. Though perhaps it would raise alarm that she wasn't within the den as that's where she stayed the majority of the week. However, it was normal for there to be separate dens. Individual dens for those that would rather keep to themselves despite spending the night in the collective den for all. 

[/ltr]{ltr}

Instead of focusing on her own thoughts, she listened as Laike answered her questions for him. She was relieved to know he had asked for leave, though she never thought of him as an impulsive and reckless man who would leave his pack without a word. A characteristic that intrigued her. Following his fiery gaze towards the opening of the den, the storm seemed to becoming weaker. The once booming thunder had quieted to a soft rumble in the distance with the pouring rain now trickling down to a light shower. Selfishly she wished the storm would continue on at full strength if that meant she could stay with Laike longer. Her heart ached momentarily when he continued on to say he wouldn't be in the area long. Did that mean he was leaving soon? Like tonight? Surely he needed to get back soon and she shouldn’t keep him for her own selfish reasons. But she couldn't help but connect with his fiery gaze before they settled upon the ground between them, hoping he would see the longing for him to stay with her. 

[/ltr]{ltr}

Silently she studied him as his gaze lingered between them. Adelayde was unsure what was going on between them. She knew she felt something for the pale man, but she was still unsure about what exactly those feelings were and what they truly meant. There wasn't a lot of confidence in what she knew of Laike's feelings. Did he even feel for her the same way she did for him? As his fiery gaze lifted to hers, a shutter trickled down her spine. She listened then almost frozen in that very moment. There was so much to learn about her. About him. Where were they going to start? 

[/ltr]

"I -uh, I'd love that," she stumbled over her tongue before recovering quickly with a genuine smile. "I want to know all about you." She murmured softly as the space between them seemed to shrink. They were slowly getting to the same page with each other. Admitting, they wanted more of each other. "Since so far, you are rather amazing I have to say," she admitted with a large grin before reaching out to bump his muzzle lovingly. 

"Where shall we start, love?"

and there's beauty in everything
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2017, 06:58 PM by Adelayde.)
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He was glad she accepted the idea, it made him feel less dumb and gushy about bringing it up. There was something both exciting and worrying when she said she wanted to know all about him. All? Everything? Would she still be around if he spilled every last detail? Would she still find him to be amazing if he even shared the bad things he did? Suddenly he wanted to clam up and seal himself off, to simply say goodnight and tuck himself into a far corner of the spare den. But when she bumped his muzzle and called him love (a nickname he had never been called before) he knew she didn't deserve what he wanted to do. She deserved him to be open and honest with her.

What she had asked was important, though. Where did they start? "Well, I could bore you with all the basic details. Second born son, fairly loving family," Keyword being fairly. "obviously I eventually left home and now I'm here." He smirked softly. "But I really don't think those kinds of things are what you really want to know about." Laike was no mind reader and even had trouble reading others sometimes. If Adelayde really wanted to know something she'd likely have more chance finding it out by just straight up asking him. Laike knew he was a little out of touch with how to properly socialize but he liked to think he was getting better at this kind of thing.

"So let me ask, what is it you truly wanna know, Miss Adelayde?" Laike raised a brow softly as he looked at her bicolored eyes with a teasing glint in his eyes. He didn't want to waste his or her time with anything unwanted.

art by kydnt

not great but really wanted to get something up 'cause storm might carry through tomorrow :c