665 Users Online
Bing, Google

come out, come out, wherever you are... — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rau who has 58 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
This post happens 4 days his entrance to RoW at Turtle lake

Zev chuckled to himself and circled around the football sized white rock he found by the rivers edge, his paws splashed the waters edge then he was back up on the shore and then as he circled again entering the water once more his filthy paws stirred up the water making it brown, his thick layer of dirt beginning to washing down stream. He pressed his muzzle into the soft stone and breathed deep. Yes... he hissed and licked the rock several times.

A rare find indeed, but not one he would pass up, this one stone, if one could call it a stone had may uses, to bad it was so close the the water, he was sure to loose some powder in the process of mining this.

Zev chuckled loudly and leapt up onto the bank. mmmmm mmmmm hmmmmm he hummed as he looked around, was there was no one he could con into doing his dirty work?

The hefty male dropped his rump unceremoniously upon the ground and lifted his rear paw to scratch behind his ear, these summer time pests wold soon no longer be his problem, he needed his blood and he hated the thought of these pesky thieves stealing even a drop from him.

With a grunt of effort he stood and shook his paws as dry as he could then began to scratch his claws into the backside of the whitish stone the furthest from the water. The stone crumbled easily enough and filed his nails at the same time a bonus. When the ground below the rock was white Zev began to lick up the chalky dirt swallowing it readily, the Diatomaceous earth had no flavour really but the dry leaves he ate with it, did leave a nasty aftertaste.

The brute went back to clawing the rock, when he had the ground coated in white from the ‘stone’ he dropped his shoulder into the chalky power he had created and rolled over, scrubbing his back across the ground working in the dirt as deep as he could. Soon he'd be flea free and he had a precious prize to boot if he could find a way to dislodge it.
(This post was last modified: Jun 12, 2017, 10:50 PM by Zev. Edit Reason: added time line )
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
@Zev

Solas walked carefully along the river's edge. He found it easier to walk here on the slippier rocks that were flatter than on the ones that he would have had to jump and weave around if he had followed along the edge of the mountain. But he felt like it was cheating because there was no challenge in walking here. Sure if he stepped wrong he and fell he could break something but that could be said at any other time as well. Yet he wanted to make it to his destination safely without having to worry about a twisted or potentially broken ankle.

A sound echoed in his ears and Solas froze ears craning forward as he listened. It sounded like someone was digging but why would someone want to dig in the rocks? It wouldn't make a good den site unless you found a small cave or something of that sort. Solas found himself wavering. He could investigate the sound and hope that it was actually some type of prey that had twisted its leg and was thrashing around or he could turn around and leave. The sound stopped for what seemed a brief time before it started up again.

Solas sighed as he lowered his head. Taking cautious steps forward he followed along the river until he could lay eyes on what was causing all the racket. What he found was a dark hued wolf rolling around on the ground. Baffled Solas could only watch with a confused look on his face. Why was a wolf rolling around in stones of all things?
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
Zev rolled and rolled, he was skilled at rolling in thing and picking up every bit of scent and dirt he had desired to have in his pelt, years of dirt and scent clung to him for he rarely bathed if not ever, and he always rolled in anything smelly and in this case dirty.

The filthy brute stood and resisted the urge to give himself a shake, he wanted the white/gray powder he'd created to sink into his pelt and kill the fleas and that it would, a natural pest killer and digestive aide, this was very precious diatomaceous earth.

It was then Zev noticed his onlooker and offered the male a wide grin, he'd share a small amount of his prize if he con the other wolf into getting this precious boulder loose.

Would you like a taste? he was still grinning like a fool, but stood up and circled the whitish stone, and began to dig again, Help me get this out and I'll tell you why it's so special. He may share a tiny bit, at least the stuff that got left behind anyway but he was going to hoard the rest. He lifted a paw and began gently pulled at the earth below the soft whitish stone he was coveting. He glanced at the male hoping the other brute would do his job, he didn't get this fat by exerting himself when he didn't have to.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
Solas could only continue to stare as he wondered what the heck he was witnessing. There had to be a reason to this. Right? But if it was for hunting reasons surely you could find something better to rub on that would hide your scent besides rocks. The dark hued wolf before him continued to roll around on the ground unaware of the fact that he was being watched. When the stranger stood up though Solas could see white stone clinging to their fur, which confused him even more. White was a color that stood out unless it was winter so his thought about this being about hunting seemed off. So what then. What was the purpose for this?

Finally, the stranger saw Solas and offered a grin in his direction. Solas resisted the urge to bolt as the stranger went on to offer some of the white rock. But not to roll in but to eat. Cursing his curiosity about the strange situation he had come across Solas stepped closer.

No thanks, I don't make a habit out of eating rocks. Even as he spoke Solas moved forward to where the other man was digging. He noticed the grime that seemed to cling to the stranger and Solas wondered if he had met someone who was a lunatic. Yet, he wanted to know what was so special about this rock so without another word he began to dig as well noting how the stranger was digging so that he didn't destroy whatever was so precious about this white rock. Of course, he expected that the other would explain why, if he didn't then he would lose the extra help he had just gained and the look on his face said so.

@Zev
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
Zev slowed his effort in digging only pulling at the earth when the newcomer looked up. The brute smiled upon the male nodding toward his effort in freeing the clump,

This is not just a stone.... no it is much more then that He grunted pretending to pull at the earth with tenacity, hoping that the effort of the other wolf would prove more fruitful then his own lacklustre efforts This is a rare find indeed, though it can be found anywhere on earth, it is Diationatous earth so I have been told He panted as he moved a minute amount of earth,

Zev glanced over at the other side of the rock and saw how much the other male had move so he stood on the rock and shoved with all his might toward the male hoping to dislodge the clump so he could roll it safely away. As he shoved he continued explaining but it works he shoved again rolling in it's powder will kill fleas and he shoved again this time feeling it shift under him eating it will rid you of internal pests without harming you

Zev smiled again I am a healer, I have made it my business to know these things. Should you ever be injured come to me... ... I will owe you something. Zev chuckled as his next shove broke the rock like clump free and he lept over the male panicking; using his head and shoulder to keep this rock out of the water, he did not want to loose any of the Diationatous earth to the unforgiving water.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
Solas wasn't aware of his companions lack of effort as he focused on his side, one ear turned to listen to an explanation for the work they were doing. It couldn't be an ordinary rock if this wolf was trying to dig it out and on top of that eating it and rolling in it. Yet to Solas it looked ordinary as the next one, maybe a bit larger than he had realized, but still ordinary. Paws continued to scrape the dirt up and away from his companions prize as he listened to the reasoning behind it all.

Diatonatous earth? What the heck up with that evily long name? He wouldn't even be able to pronounce if he tried and to be honest Solas was a bit impressed at how easily it rolled off the other's tongue. Yet he figured that he wouldn't need to pronounce it because he wasn't too sure he would be able to identify it even if he were to come across it again. Silently he continued to work unearthing more and more of the white rock.

Moving out of the way as his companion began to shove against the rock Solas was surprised once more to learn that this white rock that looked like all the others could kill fleas and pests without harming him. He still didn't want to eat it because he was fairly certain he didn't have any of the above but he could understand why the other wolf might want it seeing as how he explained himself to be a healer. A healer that told him that he would help him if the need ever arose because he had helped him out.

Thanks, I'll remember that if I ever get into trouble and are there any other rocks that are special to or is it just this one in particular? Solas questioned obviously curious as his head tipped a bit before dropping to the ground in surprise as the other wolf proceed to jump over him to save some of the rock that had neared the water's edge.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
Zev had not put any thought into jumping over the other male and though the brute was over weight his muscles were well trained he and easily cleared the male. He shoved his head and shoulder into the soft rock and got it clear of the water as quickly as wolfly possible. He sighed and licked the rock in a loving kiss once more before shoving it further away from the waters edge. He’d spend time hiding this find later, perhaps he had told his companion to much, but he decided he’d give more information.

He jumped up and sat upon the rock putting him above the other male, Zev look down at the other with a happy grin, his tail brushing the rock behind him I’m called Zev should you need to find me, He maybe weird and have haunting beliefs that allowed him to cause harm to another wolf without second thought, but he was also a good healer willing to spare lives just the same, and his word was his bond he’d not break it ever. He continued to elaborate And yes many rocks can be used for many things but this one is the only edible one I know of, there are other rocks that can to be to create fire, and as long as I keep the fire contained and small I can use it to dry herbs faster, Other rocks that if used to crush certain herbs can lend minerals to those herbs and help speed healing Zev smirked, hoping to impress the male with his knowledge but not caring if he did either, the male had done what was needed for today and he had no more use for him.

Zev lifted his head and looked around he needed to find away to drag the rock from here to his new den there were no leaves big or hearty enough to help
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart

Perplexed Solas turned to look at his companion as he fished the rock from the water and give it a kiss. Was it really something that was that hard to find that you needed to try and save every last bit that you could? Solas shifted into a sitting position still watching as the other wolf made sure that the bit of white rock was safely away from the water's edge. Even with this new knowledge of the rock, he doubted that it would help him out in the long run unless for whatever reason he decided to get into healing and for the moment that wasn't a goal of his.

His companion moved to sit on the rock, putting himself higher than Solas, who didn't mind in the least. His companion then proceeded to introduce himself as Zev. A name that unlike the white rock he was able to pronounce and remember. My name's Solas. He offered in return knowing full well that he couldn't offer up his skills because they weren't that impressive, to begin with.

Fire?! Solas sputtered in sheer astonishment. You can create fire from rocks? Zev was starting to make him feel like a pup that had just walked into a completely new area of life, and he was still going at it. But fire of all things? Really? He could understand about the rocks that helped with their minerals but to create something that could do so much damage just to dry out some herbs faster. Now this idea was one Solas wasn't sure he believed. Why would anyone take the risk? He was astonished but unless Zev proved it he would take these words at least with a grain of salt.

(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2017, 01:01 AM by Solas.)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
The brute smirked at the male and chuckled softly, mirth in his eyes, he was liking Solas more and more. Yes, Rocks can create many things like a ring to keep fire in, or a flat rock to help me heat a turtle shells of water to make tea’s and poultices; his voice became more serious, and his eyes hardened I do not fear fire as others do, though a time or two fire does have a life of it’s own Zev lifted his head and showed his blackened lower jaw.

Zev jumped off the rock and began to gather sticks placing them next to the white rock they had rescued, he’d have to make a makeshift drag to get the earth to where he could protect it.

It would make things easier if there was a hot spring around, do you know of any? where I came from there were none. if there were none here perhaps he could convince this wolf to help him discover some. Zev chuckled continuing with his light hearted attitude; perhaps the finding of this rock was making him far more jovial then he normally was. Hot springs are by far, more useful then rocks