(See All?) Announcements
515 Users Online
Bing, Google, Neo

Dauðra Dura — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hussar who has 102 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
Music theme to which I have written this? c: Anyway, this have been a long time coming :V I apologize for the wait to those in FTC that have been waiting awaiting me to start it. Speaking of people, 2 or 3 joiners max please?
Edit: Also, I like to leave some 'spaces' to fill for the joiners. So you can enhance on the weather, time of day etc etc. I just. Different manner of writing that's all.

It has been sometime since his chance meeting with a young pair back on a pitch pine trail. Sometime indeed, but only just a day passed since he crossed one of the ridges of the smaller hills that had been strung together to create the whole mountain range which stood across his way like a wall. Upon climbing, the first thing he saw were the lands that lied ahead on the other side. But as he promised to himself, the male have turned around to look back - towards the land he'd came from. He have clearly remembered the days long past, as he stood, seemingly half the world away - facing exactly the opposite direction. Perhaps looking at this very peak. Wondering about what have lied beyond them, wondering would he be able to look back just like he'd was looking ahead back then?

So the male looked.

And he didn't saw it. No matter how long his eyes have searched, they couldn't seem to find the familiar shapes of the peaks surrounding the valley which he had called "home" once upon a time. At first, Blackmoore have felt conflicted about it. Disappointed perhaps, as he had expected his experience to be different. He have however, quickly came to terms with. After all, didn't he came here, so far away, in hope of leaving the past behind? With that thought, the male turned around again to look upon the lands that have been hidden from his view till this very day.

It has been a day since the male stepped down from that peak and went down the hillside into the coniferous woods that grew on the slopes and valleys of the serpent's pass. The forest here had been very much different from what he had experienced on the other side, in the dragonfly fen. The was no smell of sickness lingering underneath, no smell of decay either. The smell was luscious, healthy and vibrantly pine in nature. Realizing that, Blackmoore have indeed looked around more carefully. The male was no botanist, no 'plant lover' of any kind to know the names of plants around him. But he couldn't deny the magnificence of the tall, straight pine trees which have surrounded him. But as he gawked around for a moment, the male's nose twitched in reaction to a new smell...

Scent of water.
(This post was last modified: Jun 14, 2017, 04:03 PM by Blackmoore.)
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was a hard thing to accept that Lunette found her happiness outside of the cove, or maybe he'd known that was what it would take all along. Perhaps he'd needed to hear it from her but it left a lot for him to think about. He was putting it off of course as he didn't want to consider what it might mean. Instead he let his thoughts drift to Chan, he was a much happier thing to think about especially with all that Kajika wanted to teach him. However, his godson didn't keep his mind from drifting back to Lunette and on to Des's killer, Moonshadow's attacker. Things seemed so much darker these days in the cove.

As he plodded along taking in the scents around him on his border patrol his mind had become stuck on the things he tried to stay away from. They were no closer to catching either murderer or attacker and it only made the anger in the beta seeth more. Coming to the lake he caught the scent of a stranger. Granted the lake wasn't within cove territory it was close enough that Kajika felt it important to check on this stranger.

The dark man made his way along the path that led through the trees and down onto the shore. He stopped however just before stepping into full view as he watched the male who didn't seem a threat. Kajika couldn't help but he more alert and cautious as he finally stepped onto the shore and into view of the man. With Chan to worry about and the recent events he wanted to be sure his pack and those he cares about within were safe. This male did not hold the scent that had been so faint on Des's pelt when he'd found her.

“What brings you to Lost Lake?” He asked politely as he approached the water's edge and the male. There he bent to lap at the water but always keeping alert as to what the man was up to.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
It took the male some time to reach the shores of the lost lake. The forest surrounding it was dense and tightly grown, so if not for a lucky whiff of wind - he'd would most likely miss it due the strong scents of pine cones littering the forest floor. For a while, Blackmoore contended himself to just stand on the edge of the forest growing not far from the shoreline. Male's sapphire gaze had simply sunk in the view that had laid in front of him.

And there was much to laid his eyes on and marvel. And wonder too, starting with a question how he could not see the lake yesterday when he was looking ahead from his vantage point. Well, perhaps it was because of the peculiarities in geology of this valley. As well as the grown out forests that obscured the view. But whatever the cause, the view from here was quite nice - if not breathtaking. But Blackmoore seemed to be a little on a tired side to enjoy the leisure he'd would found by gazing in the distance upon the opposite shoreline - background'ed by the tall pine tree's of the forest on the other shore. Lit up by the sun cresting over the hills right behind him. And further, beyond the forest... The opposite mountain range had laid. Seemingly in slumber, caressed by a few chance puffs of clouds that had begun to crest the mountain tops.

As said however, the weariness of the road had soon pushed the male down to the shoreline. Slowly, Blackmoore have stepped down upon the closest beach - which to his surprise seemed to have more small (and gladly mostly round) stones than the sand itself. Male imagined that around the noon time, once the sun set it's gaze on those - this could be quite a spot to either hunt or join the lizards in their activities here. Namely - sunbathing. It was too early of a morning still to hope for any to show up, so Blackmoore have quickly resumed his walk towards the water to quench his thirst.

Once satisfied, the male have sighed silently and took a second look at his surroundings. Especially the way he'd came from, which led near a small cliff. It seemed too tiresome to climb back the same way, and so he looked to the sides along the shore. And that's when he'd noticed the stranger, coming down the shore his way.

Which each step, his neutral gaze had been inspecting the stranger. A male would seem, of a quite dark coloration. His sapphire eyes didn't picked up anything alarming in stranger's demeanor, so Blackmoore felt content with remaining where he stood. He didn't felt threatened, neither he crossed any pack boundaries as far as he remembered.

"Thirst, I guess." He said laconically, without any particular expression on his muzzle. He was tired, exhausted even and he simply didn't found much in himself for the social games. Reflecting on that however, Blackmoore soon smirked apologetically and added: "I'm travelling from the east. How about you?" He finished with a note of genuine curiosity. After all, stranger could be just another traveler.

Or a pack member.
(This post was last modified: Jul 03, 2017, 06:47 PM by Blackmoore. Edit Reason: Formatting. )
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Trying to focus on the happy things that had happened like Chan’s birth was even bittersweet because he’d lost his siblings. The beta wondered if Moonshadow or Tagg had any plans to tell their son about his siblings. Kajika wasn’t sure which was the best option, to tell him because he should know that he’d had siblings or not to so that he wouldn't have to be sad not being able to grow up with them. It was a hard choice and part of him was glad that he didn't have to be the one to make it.

The cove wolves had faced a lot of hardship over the past months which he felt was part of the reason positive thoughts were so hard to come by. He went through his daily routine like he always had, trying to be the best packmate he could. Sometimes he had to wonder if it was worth it anymore with all of the bad things that had happened. He also wondered if the cove could ever recover from what had happened and flourish once more. He wanted badly for them to experience some happiness that might boost the moral of the pack.

He knew as he came upon the lake where he would stop for a drink that patience was important and that the good times had to return. Then maybe the cove would feel like it once had but he knew that they might have to find closure for Des before that could happen. Being unable to find any clues that would lead him in the direction of her killer only frustrated him.

The scent reached his nostrils causing them to flair as he tried to taken in as much information about the stranger. He wanted to know what he was doing so close to pack lands, after all that had happened he felt it important to be cautious and keep an eye on the wolf that had finally come into view. Finding out what he was doing was necessary for the safety of the pack especially with Chan running about. He would not let something happen to that pup if he could help it.

As he apporoched the man he took in everything he could about him and tried to figure out if the stranger was indeed a threat to his pack. From what he could tell just by sight and smell the man didn't seem to be a threat. Still he remained cautious and asked the man what he was doing at the lake. While waiting for a response he got his much needed drink of water before turning to face the man.

Kajika nodded when the stranger said that he was thirsty, they were going to play this game.”That's as good of a reason as any.” Of course that left the question of how did he find the lake when it wasn't well known. Still the stranger had every reason to be at the lake since it didn't fall in the cove’s territory. “Is your home in the east?” Inquired the beta though the man didn't smell of others or have a pack scent on him. As for what had brought Kajika to the lake, “Thirst,” he supplied before sitting back on his haunches. “I was close by and caught your scent. Thought I would make myself known since my pack isn't far from here,” he answered more fully. A subtle warning that the pack border wasn't far and the man should be careful.

(This post was last modified: Jul 02, 2017, 12:57 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
He stood on the edge of the waterline, as the first exchanges were made. His emerald eyes curious but not prying too much onto a stranger, as he took a drink. Right now, the greatest source of information will be the words they'll exchange. Not the sight or smell - tho the latter would probably be a good giveaway about the stranger's allegiance. Sadly whatever faint whiffs could try to reach his nose were swept away from behind of him by a little breeze that moved onto a lake, rustling a field of reeds softly off to the side of the two. "Is your home in the east?"  Stranger inquired, quite directly in fact. Kajika's choice of words have though risen Blackmoore's interest. After all, in his understanding and experience - it was hard to find a loner like him talking about home. Home is a place where you go back to, would it be a den with a mate or a whole pack. And most of them leaves all of this behind once deciding to pick up on a loner's life after all. Same with him, he left his birthplace behind but not home. Home he held at heard, for now. Till the day comes he'll be able to find a place deserving that name. All of that however, have made Blackmoore start to suspect the dark hued stranger before him to be of a pack.

"I have left many things behind me in the east, but home is not one of them mesieu." He said a little lightly, while taking another look onto a stranger before him which have just finished his drink. Part of him wondered silently about the last bit he threw in, but Blackmoore figured it was good manners to show some civility. Besides, for a time being he didn't knew the male's name - neither he wanted to call him sir either. He did though noticed that Kajika seemed to be older than him, thus his "good upbringing" have kicked in.

"Thirst."  Blackmoore couldn't help but smile on the reply. It was a nice kickback, he had to admit as he followed the stranger and sat down as well. “I was close by and caught your scent. Thought I would make myself known since my pack isn't far from here,”  Dark male continued, causing Blackmoore to smile softly to himself as his prediction proved to be correct. It have also made him wonder about the packs whereabouts, after all he didn't came across any signs of them on his way down here to the lake. 'Perhaps they're on the opposite shore from here?' He thought, with a pinch of genuine curiosity. Perhaps he could ask the male about them, though Blackmoore did not want to come through as prying or worse. A spy. After all, u never know with whom you might be dealing with. For now though, he didn't felt concerned - being oblivious to the inter-pack politics and scheming which were happening everywhere all the time.

"I figured as much." He said casually, deciding on that telling the man he already sort of knew or suspected it wouldn't harm anyone. "Every pack wolf talks about 'home'. I have learned that the word seems to be almost a staple of one." He offered a smile before looking above the waters of a lake for a moment. "There's of course nothing wrong in it. It's just a little curio I found on my travels. And perhaps one day some youngster will tell me the same." He smiled a little more as he looked back to Kajika, as the wind blew again from behind of him - rustling his nape for a moment.

"What's it's name?" He added while laying his neutral gaze on his.
(This post was last modified: Jul 04, 2017, 05:52 PM by Blackmoore. Edit Reason: Words. Phrases. )
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was important for the dark beta to know the scent of the male he'd come across at the water’s edge. Just as it was any other strange male he came across, what if they carried the scent that he had spent so much time looking for. Kajika did not want to miss his opportunity to avenge the woman that had been his first love and his first friend in these lands. If it hadn't been for her he may not have ever made it to where he was in his life. As he took in the man's scent he came to the realization quickly that this was not the man he was looking for. Which set him at ease some though the curiosity about him lingered. Once Kajika had gotten the information he wanted from the stranger's scent he focused in the conversation for that was where he would find the answers to his questions.

The first being about the man's home and it being in the east, “Have you come to these lands looking for something specific?” Or had he stumbled across the lore as he traveled and decided to stay. Kajika could remember how he had ended up in the lore having left his birth pack he had wandered into the lore and ended up staying. He'd now been in these lands and with his pack for over two years and had no plans to leave. “Life is full of leaving things behind it seems,” he commented almost absent mindedly as he knew from his own experiences. He'd had to leave his sister behind and sometimes wondered if she had fallen onto the same path as her parents or if she had chosen the path he'd taken and left the pack.

His first answer to the stranger's question had been in efforts to keep things friendly and light between the men. However, he became more serious as he offered the real reason that he had come to meet with the man. Letting it be known that his own pack was close by gave a subtle warning that the man needed to be cautious. Kajka didn't want to see any harm come to the man because he accidentally crossed their border. Of course that only matter as long as his intentions were innocent, he did not foresee going well for the man if he meant harm. After what had happened to Des and Moonshadow he did not think a stranger close to their border would go over well especially if he had plans to harm anyone.

That didn't seem to be the case in this situation which helped the dark beta to be a little more at ease. He even went to far as stop take a seat next to the water as the man spoke. He couldn't help but chuckle lightly, “I am not surprised for a pack is home with a den and family. It's a place to return to at the end of each day so pack wolves talking of home I feel is only natural.” His pack had most certainly become his home over the past years and he couldn't imagine if something happened to it. “Perhaps one day someone will but l must say that is quite the observation as I haven't ever noticed that about pack wolves.”

Having mentioned his own pack he wasn't surprised when he was asked about it's name as that seemed to be a normal question when he spoke of his pack. “Fallen Tree Cove,” he supplied.

(This post was last modified: Jul 09, 2017, 06:23 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
As they stood near the water's edge, Blackmoore's senses had been sensing out tension coming out from the stranger from time to time. But never anything tangible really. Though as they've conversation progressed and his suspicions formed about the assumption he's dealing with a pack member - it was giving out a vibe of a male simply going about his job. He did not had even a slightest idea about the recent events that happened in the cove.

And perhaps it was for the better.

“Have you come to these lands looking for something specific?” - He heard from Kajika, which in turn have brought his maw back to the stranger as Blackmoore have sunk in for a moment looking over the calm waters of the lake. For a moment he felt perplexed about how to reply to it, as he didn't really knew did he had an answer. Life is unpredictable and it's not like the male came over here with a plan and timetable to build up an empire or something. Though that would for sure be more than enough for a story, as he chuckled to himself. "Have anyone?" He asked back thoughtfully before continuing. "Guess you could say I'm looking for some of good fortune. Just like others." He said somberly, making a good face to a bad game as they say.

It did passed on however, as the stranger before him had come open about his allegiances soon enough, pushing the talks forward: “I am not surprised for a pack is home with a den and family. It's a place to return to at the end of each day so pack wolves talking of home I feel is only natural. Perhaps one day someone will but l must say that is quite the observation as I haven't ever noticed that about pack wolves.”

"It is." He acknowledged the male's words simply. After all, Blackmoore himself was born into a pack and if not for a few unfortunate events - he would most likely stay over there and the two males would never met nor would have this conversation. "I know since I was born in one. I kind of miss it, but I'll get it back... with time." He said lightly, with a calm voice sprinkled up by a soft smile as he continued. "I came to learn that during my proving, where I had traveled for a while thru neutral lands between the packs. Talking about home have always marked me among the true loners." Oh why he did said it? Perhaps because for him this sounded as normal thing, pretty sure packs over here could have been doing similar thing right?

"Fallen Tree Cove," The male have unravel the mystery of the packs name. It made him curious, wondering how much of the name had to do with a fallen tree and such? Kind of stupid but the thought didn't aimed to be anything more than sort of amusing anyway. "That's an interesting name." He genuinely replied, leaving the matter be for now. He didn't want to pry, deciding to see will the stranger share something more on it's own for now...
(This post was last modified: Jul 09, 2017, 07:35 PM by Blackmoore.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Once he'd ascertained that this stranger had nothing to do with Des's murder he fell into his normal routine. He needed to make sure that this male would not be bringing harm to the cove for they had been through so much already. He remained strong for his pack but inside he wasn't sure he could take much more pain within Fallen Tree Cove. They hadn't deserved what had already happened and they didn't deserve any more that could happen. So far he did not view the man as a threat so he relaxed a little though he still remained alert to any change in the stranger. He felt he would find out what he needed to know through their conversation as long as the man told the truth in his responses. Asking his question he watched the man closely for any sign he might be lying.

The dark beta would not allow any more harm come to his pack if he could prevent it which was what led him to ask his next question. Then he waited for the response which he hoped might reveal something of the man before him. A shrug was given as the man returned with a question of his own, “I suppose it depends on the wolf.” When he had come to the lore he had come looking to do good. “Well, I hope you find it. I believe the lore would be the place to look as I feel that I found what I came for.” At least he had before the most recent events. Kajika had been unsure of himself more and more as the days passed.

Kajika had found his home within Fallen Tree Cove with Alphas he could serve without worry that they would turn on him as his parents had. He trusted Namid and Vespertio for when it truly mattered they had not let him down. Though he now worried what would become of him should they discovered how he felt about their daughter. He knew them both to be protective of their children so felt it was best to prepare himself for the worst case scenario.

That was a matter for a later time as the man at the edge of the water agreed with him about a pack. Kajika then nodded in agreement of the man words and as he recently found out, “There are plenty of packs in the lore I am sure that you can find one that will fit you best.” It was what the man said next that had Kajika thinking he might retract what he'd said previously but he did not, “You do not strike me as a man who enjoys a life without the companionship of a pack.” Perhaps the beta had been confused of what the man's meaning was. He wasn't sure he could believe that there were any wolves who were true loners, to live their lives moving on the outskirts of the packs merely surviving.

Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
“I suppose it depends on the wolf.” The dark male replied somewhat casually, causing Blackmoore to shrug on that as he took in the response. There was nothing really that he could add to that. In turn, what was coming next from Kajika was going to prove far more interesting as it induced new questions upon his mind. “Well, I hope you find it. I believe the lore would be the place to look as I feel that I found what I came for.”  Blackmoore have raised an eyebrow upon the words, hearing about the 'lore' for a first time. What was that? A crazy talk? Or are they near a place that's called like that? Blackmoore honestly didn't know. He would never suspect that he might found himself in a place called like that. Nor he either really had a slightest idea what the 'lore' truly is. Perhaps that would be actually for the better, as the male, though not much of a believer, would probably loose it if it all turned out to be a ruse. A play of sorts.

"Thanks, that would be nice for sure." The male replied casually as well. He knew what he wanted in the end. What he didn't knew, was what path he'll took to achieve it. Blackmoore was leaving his options open, and that's what he hid behind talking about looking for his own fortune. "Do tell me however, what's that 'lore' you spoke of?" He questioned, as the stranger was a first person to talk about the after mentioned "lore".

“There are plenty of packs in the lore I am sure that you can find one that will fit you best.”

'Again with the lore', he thought while waiting for the answer. But more importantly, words of the stranger suggested he might know a little bit more than he was telling. Or at least that was the impression which he'd left on the Northcrest lad. Perhaps it was worth asking him about it... "Or perhaps I'll partake in founding a new one? You never know what life holds in store for you as they say..." He replied, smirking mischievously at the end. If asked, Blackmoore would not deny that he'd might have some ambitions of the sort, but unlike some - his were under control.

“You do not strike me as a man who enjoys a life without the companionship of a pack.” 

The words have caused him to raise an eyebrow for a moment, before he caught up on what the stranger have said. "Oh no no no. I meant that I stood apart among the loners then. True loners. Not that I felt like one then." Hopefully that would suffice for an explanation. "Today of course is a different matter, but as I already mentioned - I don't see my current state as permanent."
(This post was last modified: Jul 24, 2017, 08:28 PM by Blackmoore. Edit Reason: speling )