(See All?) Announcements
617 Users Online
Google, Bing

There's a snake in my boot — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Fenrir who has 137 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain
Sorry for skipping @Tagg but maybe we should just wrap this up? <3 @Kajika @Moonshadow

The risk had factored into her plan: the snake could launch itself at her, over the four feet of stick separating them, or it could get thoroughly pissed off by the game they played and just take its pup-snack, safe and sound in the depths of the den. Anyone trying to get it out would become a snack, too, unless they waited for the snake to start eating poor Chan.

At which point it would've been too late, and only vengeance would've remained. She wasn't sure how she felt about vengeance. It seemed fairly pointless.

So she was glad the snake was stupid enough to fall into her trap, and embarrassed by the praise. She almost dropped the stick, almost forgot what she was doing, too eager to just run away and leave the public praise behind. She was Lunette, she couldn't do a damn thing right! (Have you noticed how it's all in her head?) So why would he say it! In public!

But Chan was family. Moonshadow and Tagg, frantic and lovey-dovey and all too normal, were family. It wasn't family she had picked, it was family she had been born into, just like Chan hadn't picked a half-crazed neurotic wreck as his step-sister. Her teeth dug into the dry branch, and she jabbed the snake again, careful to not move back too fast and lose her pull on it.

She descended back into the depths of concentration, a crystalline focus sharper than anything she had ever experienced before—not even when hunting had she focused so completely.

As it was, she was so lost in the tug-o-war between her and the snake, that she didn't notice how far she'd drawn it out until Kajika descended on it. The dark wolf flashed in the corner of her eye, startling her; she dropped the stick and fell back with an undignified gasp. For a moment, he'd been the darkness on the edges of her vision, the sharp, clicking teeth, and she the snake—a powerful memory.

Then Moonshadow more or less barreled her out of the way, and she scrambled to get up, backing in behind Kajika. Tagg was left outside of the den. Lunette's ears flicked back, and she looked at her paws. The need to act was fading, and with it, her confidence.

Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It had become a question of how to get the snake out if the den and away from Chan before he was bitten and they couldn't fix it. Kajika wanted to rush in and dispel of the creature but he knew that would be a bad idea. He would get bit or Chan would either way one of them could lose their life. They had to be smart about the situation so that everyone came out okay.

It was Lunette that had come up with an idea, to use a stick in the snake to get it out and her plan worked. While she had been at work getting the snake out he'd been worried about her. What if something happened and she was bitten. He had no doubt that her plan was a good idea but he couldn't help but worry, he'd just gotten her back.

Thankfully all his worries were unfounded and she remained safe. Once the snake was out if the den however, Kajika was on it ending the threat before it could cause any more problems. Once they were all safe again he was quick to praise Lunette for her quick thinking and actions that most definitely saved them all.

Once the threat was gone as expected Moonshadow was running to see her son and make sure she was okay. That left Kajika outside the den with Lunette whose demeanor had changed. This worried the beta, he went to her and brushed her cheek with his muzzle, “You did a good job today Lunette,” he told her, “You saved Chan and us I'm very proud of you.” After almost losing his godson and her saving him he was even more happy she'd returned when she did. He pulled her into an embrace hoping she would understand how thankful he was for her actions.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Grae who has 891 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

@Lunette @Kajika one more round and I'll archive it :)

In a state of anoesis the ebony mother darted into the dark den. Despite her eyes not being adjusted to the darkness she was able to find her baby quickly. A series of desperate whines escaped her maw as her coal nose searched him from head to tail. The sound of someone approaching was the only thing that pulled her attention from Chan. Her inky lips pulled up to reveal slightly tarnished canines as she gave a warning growl. No one was going to get near her child, not even her husband. Had she been thinking clearly she would let Tagg also make sure his son was safe. Once the warning was heeded Moonshadow continued to poke and prod the small boy. Satisfied with his condition of being unharmed she curled herself around him and consoled him. The poor thing was terrified and curled right into his mother. She hummed to him as she gave him a comforting bath as he fell asleep.

Once the brown boy was sound asleep the dark woman finally came back to her senses and realized there were others still outside. Carefully unwrapping herself from her baby she gave him a kiss on his crown before quietly exiting the den. "He's okay" she announced to those gathered outside. Silver eyes looked to her husband, then to her best friend before finally falling on Lunette. A grateful smile painted the mothers face as she moved to the princess. "Thank you Lunette, thank you so much for saving him". Moon gave the yearling a thankful lick to the chin and a nose to her shoulder. Had she not thought as quickly as she did one if them may have gotten bitten. Backing away the black female turned to her best friend "Thank you Kajika for killing the snake" she said as she paid thanks to him in the same manner she did Lunette. Last but not least the cove beta turned to her mate and smiled. "He's alright love, safe and sound now. I'm sorry I growled at you, I wasn't thinking clearly" she apologized with her ears falling flat. She moved to him and gave a kiss to his cheek. Everything was fine now, Chan was safe.

Word Count: 379
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Fenrir who has 137 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lunette Vuesain

The adrenaline was leaving her, and it made her feel sick—weak, as her limbs began to tremble. She swallowed, and did her best to control it, but as with all things, it had a mind of its own, and that was to let everyone know what a fucking mess she was. In a sense, she was thankful Kajika, large, trusty Kajika, was between her and Tagg, and thankful that Tagg was probably very pre-occupied with not being let into the den. She wasn't sure she wanted anyone else to notice the way she shivered, but with how close she stood to the dark male, he was bound to notice.

"Y-yeah..." she mumbled weakly as he praised her again, and without thinking about it, she leaned into his touch, pressing the side of her face against his cheek. When he pulled her into the embrace, part of her wanted to protest, because Tagg was there and what if Tagg saw that she needed comforting, and all kinds of things, but being held against his neck, his broad chest, feeling his pulse and his warmth and the safety of it, overpowered her anxiety for that moment. She closed her eyes, and tried to draw strength from him, to quell the trembling in her body.

Moonshadow emerged again after a while, and Lunette bowed her head, even though the words were kind and the lick gentle. "You're welcome," she responded quietly, feeling drained and confused and kind of empty. It wasn't that she had felt alive earlier, it was more.. she felt tired now. She watched dully as Moonshadow turned to Tagg, and Lunette turned her attention to Kajika. "I'll, mmh.. be around.. somewhere." She pressed her nose against his cheek, not wanting to worry him, before turning and heading towards the lake. She wanted to sleep. On a rock. In the sun.

Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The dark man was worried for his godson and watched as Moonshadow disappeared into the den to check on him. He waited outside the den with Lunette and Tagg to hear news of the boys condition. He hoped that Lunette's quick thinking had kept Changing safe from getting bitten. The longer it took the mother to come out if the den he worried that something maybe terribly wrong and she just couldn't bare to leave her son.

He was proud of the work Lunette had done to save his godson but he was worried for her too. He could feel the shaking if her body as she stood next to him, he tore his gaze from the mouth of the den to look at her and praise her for what she had done. It was the feel of her face against his cheek and how she let him embrace her despite Tagg being there that made him want to ask her if she was okay. It was Tagg's presence that kept him from doing so, he didn't want to attract attention to them. Kajika could sense she needed him then and didn't want to let her go but Moonshadow emerged from the den.

She announced that Chan was okay before she thanked Lunette and him for the work they had done to keep her son safe. “Anything for him,” he told her before she turned to Tagg to speak to him. Kajika’s attention was brought back to Lunette she she spoke to him again, “I will come find you later,” he told her as she pressed her nose to his cheek. He watched her go in the direction of the lake before turning back to Moonshadow and Tagg, “I should go too. I will check in on Chan and you later,” he said before turning to go in the opposite direction. He felt the parents needed some time with their son after the ordeal they’d gone through.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Grae who has 891 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Archiving! :)

The dark mother gave her thanks to those who had saved her child. They said 'you're welcome' and took their leave. Silver eyes watched as they left, thankful to have them as family. Turning her attention back to her mate Moon apologized for snapping. She was met with a kiss and a hug as her live told her it was alright. Tears formed in her eyes from stress, relief, and the lack of adrenaline. She kissed his creamy muzzle before moving to the den. This time she would allow the father of her child to check on him. She entered and went to curl around the small boy. She refused to leave his side and would be glued to him for a while to come.

-fade-

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]