(See All?) Announcements
597 Users Online
Bing, Google

You got two black eyes from loving too hard — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

He never thought Kana was one to squeal – hadn’t ratted out Cottongrass’ little secret, and Cotton wasn’t even his mate! – but it was nice to hear the verbal reassurance anyways. Reyes gave a lazy thump of his tail, his pale eyes sparkling with amusement. Was it amusement? Maybe he was just happy to actually spend time with Askan again in more than the most literal sense of the sentiment. He shifted, returning the kiss with one of his own. Because he could. And that felt good, too.

Good enough that he didn’t ruin it by saying anything stupid or biting Askan’s ear, anyways.

So Askan ruined it, instead.

(But not really. Reyes might not appreciate small talk, but he did appreciate getting to talk to his mate again.)

“I wouldn’t say it suits me,” he grumbled, not entirely sure if his mate was being serious, or simply messing with the rather unusual punishment Jessie had laid out for him. “But Sphinx and Griffin ain’t so bad. Can’t say I know the other one that well. Chimera? Kinda a stick in the mud.” He shrugged. Two out of three was pretty good odds, anyways. Couldn’t blame the Old Man for one bad apple in the bunch.

REYES | Dead man walking.

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

The pat to his tail was nice but the kiss was better, a sure sign that things were on the up and up. Askan knew his mate, he knew that he didn't suffer in silence and he damn well wouldn't be affectionate like this unless he meant it. His sense of relief was endless, like a dam had burst inside of him. As overwhelming as it almost was, he had to remind himself over and over that this was good, that it was okay to smile- or rather grin like a goof.

"I think it does. Trust me when I say I like having all of you to myself," he nosed at him to prove his point. "But it wouldn't be bad for the others to see a different side to you. Less scowls and more wisdom, you know? You're really smart, smartest man I've ever met. Kinda pisses me off people just assume you're..."He paused, looking for the right word."Bit of a dick."

Gabriel did have his faults, but that was okay. Askan didn't want a perfect mate who could do no wrong. He could only imagine what that would do to his self esteem, bury it six feet under probably. The point was, grouchy or not he was fine as he was. But if others at least gave him a chance and saw what Askan saw then surely things would be even better. Maybe then Jessie would be a little more accepting to his way of speaking, he was always so blunt after all. One of his many charms, after all Askan really didn't like talkers.

And yet there he was, chatting away without a care in the world. Reyes just made him feel so secure, like his words counted, were important.

"That said, I'm pretty sure I'd get jealous if everyone started fawning over you."

With a sly grin he pushed into Reyes' side till his chest rested upon the ground. Wiggling into position, Askan climbed on top of him, so his front half covered a portion of his torso. He had no intentions of squashing his mate, the beefy guy that he was, but he simply wanted to run home his point and get comfortable. He was basically hitting two birds with one stone.

"You'll always be mine, won't you?" He asked, peering down at his silver moon-like eyes.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Really, if Reyes had raised his eyebrows any harder, they might have shot off his face and kept going to meet those falling stars.

“…I am a dick, cabrón. Not just ‘a bit of one’, either.”

His tone might have been dead serious, but there was a twinkle in those moonlit eyes that said otherwise. Not that he thought his statement wasn’t true. He absolutely believed in that, one-hundred percent. And if his packmates believed it, fine. If strangers believed it, all the better. It was a look that worked for him, it was a lifestyle that worked for him, and now that everything had worked out with Askan again, he saw no reason to change it.

Not like Askan believed him, anyways.

“Well, lucky for you, I ain’t interested in foundin’ a fan club any time soon. So I’m yours. All yours, amado.” He hummed, peering back unblinking – just long enough to distract Kana before leaning in for a slurping kiss, long and wet and all across his parent’s face before he pulled back, offering the man a wolfish grin. Love had its drawbacks. (Or perks, depending on who you were asking.)

“‘fraid I’m off the market, and all that. Why, I’d even bring ya down the moon, if that’s what ya wanted.”

REYES | Dead man walking.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Well at least Reyes knew what he was.

Admittedly, Askan felt a little bad for agreeing with him. He wanted to deny it and assure his mate that it wasn't so, but it was and they both knew it. Thankfully Gabriel didn't seem to mind too much. At first glance he seemed deadly serious and somber, but Askan knew his mate well and could see the slight curve to his lips and the gleam in his eyes. He was such a cheeky shit sometimes. The most pesky pest he'd ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Wasn't he lucky though? Like really bloody lucky? He felt like he was, like he'd hit the jackpot and more. Sure, he'd gone through some real tough shit but he knew for certain he wouldn't have been able to manage, let alone be alive, without Reyes here to help him. So yeah, he was lucky, even if they had just come out of a tough spot.

Askan would claim he wasn't one for sappy words or displays of affection, but damn Reyes had him good. Real good, like a fly caught in a spiders web. No matter how much it struggled it just got even more tangled. That wasn't to say the Guardian was resisting, because laying there on top of him made it damn well obvious he wasn't, but shit. How did he get so good? Wasn't he supposed to have been an antisocial loner who snapped first and asked questions later?

Askan blinked, once twice and then- was met with a big slobbery kiss. Nice. Wasn't he a complete charmer? The Selwyn snorted-thoroughly amused, and smitten- and returned the gesture with a lick of his own. Minus all the slobber and complete lack of grace. Finally something Askan could do better than him, that being said he was pretty sure Gabriel had done that on purpose. Again, a not so little shit.

"Good." Askan rumbled, content with his response. No one else would be getting a piece of Reyes' fine arse anytime soon, if he had a say in it."Heh. Not sure what I'd do with the moon but..." He looked up to stare at the giant, bright lump in the sky, then decided his mate was a lot more interesting. "For now I'm just happy with you."

Fade.

(This post was last modified: Sep 03, 2017, 06:56 PM by Reyes.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]