(See All?) Announcements
490 Users Online
Bing, Google

Blood Debts — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

There were times when he felt that things had become more complicated after his return then they had been before. Especially where Lunette was concerned, something was different between them. Kajika could sense it when they were together but he wasn't sure he was ready to put a name to it, not just yet. There were times he wanted to put it all away and not have to think about it.

He was having one of those times as he searched the area he'd found Des's body searching for more clues he knew were no longer there. It was these times he let the anger that burned inside him free after keeping it in check while he was in the cove. He'd returned promising to do better than he had in the months before his departure and he intended to keep that promise. Now with the recent events that had befallen the cove he found himself needing to leave pack lands more often.

Only, it wasn't to clear his head or hunt for prey to fill the cache. It was to hunt for the man who had killed the first woman he had ever loved. He came out as often as he could looking for tuft's of fur that had already blown away. The snow was gone now and with it the traces of blood that had once covered the white landscape. Always his searches were fruitless but he refused to give up on this one last promise to her. It was as he had his nose stuck in a bush sniffing for anything that could help that the sound of footfalls reached his ears.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Becca who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Abaddon
She wanted to put as much distance between her and her brother as possible. Not to mention she had no doubt that if he really wanted or needed to find her again then he would. The large female had no doubt that he would get the same greeting again, teeth bared and words poisonous as ever. If he hadn't gotten her message the first time then he would certainly have it the second time.

She crept through the strange woodlands as she neared the edge of the mountain. It left her with uncertainty if she should cross it or perhaps avoid it. Abaddon had no idea what was on top or even on the other side. The desire to climb something just to climb back down sounded like a waste of her time. Yet if she kept walking straight on she'd eventually run into the damn thing and either have to scale it or turn away.

The large female moved with a slow walk as she managed to smell something. A frown found itself on her features as she realized the smell didn't belong to something she could eat. Of course, she didn't look malnourished with her stocky build but she would have preferred to be a bit more full. Some elk sounded glorious but she knew that was too much to ask for right now.

Bright golden eyes spotted the male as he searched for something, something she didn't know nor cared to but she'd play kind. Perhaps she'd bat her eyelashes and sway her hips to get whatever it was this male could offer. He wasn't terribly bad looking but he certainly wasn't the best man she'd ever seen. "Whatcha looking for?" She asked rather sweetly with a face of curiosity. For good measure, her head tilted to the side like a confused child. "Need some help?" Abaddon put on her best fake smile just for this lad.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It wasn't unexpected really and if he were honest he wasn't even sure he had any hope that he would ever find that one clue. It would be the one that would set him on the chase of a lifetime. At the end of it like every other chase from rabbit to deer it would end in blood shed and if he had anything to say about it death at his paws. He pulled his nose out of the bush a disappointed expression on his face. Before he turned a small part of him hoped the footfalls belonged to Des's murderer, then he could have his revenge.

He wasn't stupid, knew that killing another would change him irrevocably but for her he would let that happen. She never deserved the life she'd been handed and he knew how scarred she had been when she'd returned, inside and out. She deserved to have a good life, what she had left of it. That had been taken from her and he would take what was left of her attackers life if it wasn't last thing he did.

The voice that spoke was a female voice so automatically without turning around he knew a miracle was not about to occur. The dark beta turned to face the female, “It's something I have to find on my own,” he stated ignoring her first question since there wasn't an answer that might not prompt her to want to help. He let an easy smile cross his features, “You lost or something?” He asked as he moved away from the bush and sat back on his haunches. His search would have to be continued at another time. “Perhaps there is something I can help you with?"

Inactive No Rank
Abaddon
He rejected her offer and she simply shrugged. "Suit yourself." Was no skin off of her back if this fellow didn't want her help. She figured it must have been something good that he was hiding, though. Most wolves didn't have an issue with an extra set of paws, ears, and eyes on the look out. She wondered if there was a way to get it out of him. Was it food? Treasure? Whatever it was she had found herself slightly more interested in it now than she had been when she showed up.

"You know..." Her voice trailed off as her bright yellow eyes looked around. "I am a bit lost now that you mention it." A false frown tugged on her features as she looked back to the male. "I'm just really unsure about where I should go." The dark wolf let out a long sigh and shook her head. "I probably sound like a baby but is that mountain safe? Anything worthwhile over or on it? Or am I better off just staying here?" Her first question wasn't important. Abaddon had never given a rat's ass about the safety of situations. What she really wanted to know were the other two questions. She needed that information to plan her next move. Mother had made it clear there was no shame in using others if it meant she got what she needed.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He couldn't ask for her help nor did he need it. She was a stranger to him and had nothing to do with his mission for revenge, she couldn't understand like Namid could. This girl that stood before him did not know Des or how he'd felt about the woman so could not understand his need to seek revenge for her murder. He offered a nod to acknowledge her words, “It does suit me. I'm glad that we could come to that understanding.” He thought is best to turn the attention back to her off what he had been doing so he gave his offer.

He didn't really expect much from the girl as far as answers, after all he hadn't been very forthcoming. So he was a little surprised, though he didn't show it, that she would be so forthcoming with what she needed help with. She was questioning where to go, “Well perhaps I can help with that,” he stated confidently in his knowledge of the area. He looked to the mountain where his home lay as she asked about it. Turning back to her, “It's safe... if you're careful. As far as anything worthwhile...there is a pack or two that resides in the mountain as well as a few places that are nice to visit.” As far as if she was better off staying there in the forest he shrugged, “I suppose it depends on if you're looking for something specific or just wandering and if you want to make the journey up the mountain. I feel it's worth it to see what's up there.” He might be a little biased though since his home was on the mountain and he felt the lake and hot springs were definitely worth a visit.

Inactive No Rank
Abaddon
She did not hide the fact that her face changed for a moment due to his rather blunt and pompous answer. The once smiley, helpful, bouncing girl gave a very brief glare that would very likely be unnoticed thanks to the shadows and fog of this place. She managed to pull together her appearance again. Had he not smelt of others she would have gladly challenged the man without a doubt. For now, while she was a loner without much to her name, she would do her best to behave just as mother and father had taught.

Abaddon softly nodded her head. Possible two packs and a few good views. The packs could easily be useful but the sightseeing wasn't particularly useful to her at the moment. She needed to get her own plans in order before trying to dilly dally and 'smell the roses' as some would say. "With that knowledge, I think a trip on and over it wouldn't hurt." Her tail casually gave a few small wags. "If you know the locations of these packs would you be willing to share? The last thing I want to do is get too close to borders." Abaddon chuckled softly and smiled. She wasn't stupid. She could easily smell pack borders and she could smell others on this man's coat. If he didn't want to share information that was fine - somewhat.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The dark beta made it rather clear that in the matter of what he was looking for he did not need nor did he want her help. Finding clues to help him find the man responsible for her death was a burden he carried himself. He wasn't even sure he would accept the help of his packmates for it was his desire for revenge that kept him looking. He wanted to say he wouldn't rest until the murderer was dealt with but he knew that he couldn't. He had the pack to worry about and make sure that they were all okay now that he was back. Having been such an absent pack member before he could not afford to slack off in his duties any longer. That was why he was out in the Spectral woods during the time that he had to himself. His anger let itself seep into the interaction between the girl and himself.

He didn't not apologise but he did offer to help her in her decision of whether it was worth climbing the mountain. His opinion was always that it was for it was his home and he loved it even if it didn't feel like it used to. “No it certainly wouldn't and I do hope that if you do go you find it worth it,” he wasn't surprised that she also inquired about the locations of the packs that he had mentioned. “I am not sure about the one as I have not come across their borders but they are more toward the south. The other is near an area called Poison Path. You will know it when you come across a clearing of nightshade plants. The borders are marked well so you should have no trouble avoiding them.” He gave her what information he could on the packs, his included but he thought to add something else. “If you are looking for a pack to join the wolves of the pack near Poison Path are good wolves and if you're willing to do your part you'd be welcome.”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Abaddon
His information was vague but she still nodded her head along. Wolves near some placed called Poison Path being good? Sounded like some kind of set-up but she simply smiled and let a fake kindness dance along with her golden eyes. "You must have friends or someone there you like. Talking so sweet about them and all." Abaddon smiled softly. Perhaps he was even apart of these Poison wolves, stroking his own ego. She wouldn't be entirely surprised really. It seemed like a common thing for males to do. "But I'll keep that in mind." Her tail swayed softly behind her as she took a few steps forward, bright eyes looking around the area.

"I like the name. Poison Path. Not a huge fan of Nightshade, though." The large black and white female chuckled casually. Deadly little things, weren't they? Her morbid curiosity had to wonder how many creatures had fallen ill or even to death due to a lack of knowledge on the berries. Here on this mountain, she would guess perhaps a handful but in the whole wide world, she would assume hundreds if not thousands. The thought sent a small unnoticeable shiver down her spine. It was certainly thrilling to think about. Carelessness and lack of knowledge bringing those creatures to a fatal end.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Speaking if the packs he kept the exact location of his own vague as always. If the girl really wanted to find Fallen Tree Cove she would since their scent was all around the area. He rose a brow at her question wondering how she had not yet figured out that the pack he spoke of was his own. “Family,” he stated flatly, “The pack I speak of is my own.” Which was how he knew so much about them and he was beginning to wish he hadn't extended that friendly gesture. He gave her a nod, “I’m usually around there if you have anymore questions,” he offered despite his reservations about the girl.

Her next comment really had him wondering if he really wanted her anywhere near his Alpha’s or the rest if his pack for that matter. Leaving his concerns out of his expression he nodded, “It does give a certain connotation and the nightshade while deadly seeing it along the old paths is rather pretty,” he admitted. Of course his attachment to the place wasn't in the plants themselves but the memories that it had. That was all he had now of the woman he'd found in this very place. She was gone from it now having been taken home where she belonged and as he searched any clues to her killer gone as well. It didn't deter the beta as he planned to continue is search once the female had gone. “If you like the name perhaps you should go and see the area.” Then again maybe she shouldn't but she could find the place easily enough without his help.