(See All?) Announcements
598 Users Online
Bing, Google, Hazelnut

our ocean graves are just beyond the sand — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Spring showers have come early, resulting in heavy downpours throughout parts of Relic Lore.

He did not know why he left behind the canopy of trees in the Kingswood. As he ventured south, his long legs carrying him quickly through the forest, the rain grew heavier. Drops of water plummeted through the branches, skimming past the array of leaves to make contact with the healer’s pale fur. A frown tugged at his lips, dragging the corners of his mouth to the ground, but he continued forward. It had been quite some time since the leader managed to escape the river’s edge, for he had fallen busy with both fatherly and leadership duties. His recluse tendencies were often difficult to ignore and sometimes Lachesis needed to slip away, just for a few minutes—maybe an hour or two—to decompress.

Dumping his worries and doubts into the lake had seemed like a good idea until the rain started. But he did not stop—he was already half way there, there was no use in turning back.

Abandoning the safety of the trees Lachesis padded forward, hesitantly at first, his chartreuse eyes scanning the beach for other signs of life. He knew it was foolish to look—no smart wolf would be caught out in this downpour. His shoulders relaxed as he stepped toward the large pool of water, his features softening as he folded his hindquarters against the ground. His gaze remained transfixed on the islands floating in the middle of the lake. As much as he wanted to explore all three of the islands he dared not enter the water. Not with the rain cascading around him. Instead he remained seated, his ears perched high atop his crown as he listened for sounds in the distance; the sounds of unwanted visitors. The rain did not help, for it pummelled the ground and roared in his ears.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
I couldn't resist a thread with Lach :D <3<3<3<3!!!
i don't even know if i believe
Aurora Thane

If the woman had any luck she would have waited to travel so far out with the evidence of a storm brewing above her, but the woman was confident that her track would lead her back to the safety of one of her many dug out dens before the onslaught of cold ran. Unfortunately for her, she'd miscalculated the walk and within moments small droplets turned into large ones that drenched her coat and made her feel uncomfortable in her own skin. She cursed her luck, knowing that her detour had made her walk much longer than intended.

She walked onward, confident that eventually shelter would be seen in the form of towering trees with fully blossomed leaves for protection--she couldn't be any more wrong. Approaching the clearing of what could only be another territory, the outstretched land seemed to go on forever without a tree in sight, in its place was a expansive lake the had a lone patron. She assumed that this wolf hadn't been as lucky as well. She approached the sulking wolf with caution but noticed his bright coat and slender frame even from the distance she stood, like herself, he stood out like a sore thumb. Interaction was with him was inevitable.

"You'll catch a cold if you don't find somewhere to wait out the storm soon." she offered him with a surprisingly more friendly demeanor given the fact that rain was perhaps her least favorite of weather. She was unaware of the male's desire to be alone, and even more oblivious of the fact that this was a place he frequented to release his pent up frustrations to the universe; to Rory it was but a large and imposing lake. The place was cold, and unwelcoming to say the least.

(This post was last modified: Jul 11, 2017, 12:06 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3!!!!!! @Rory

The ghost did not mind the cascade of water falling around him. The rain was relentless and quickly engulfed him, but the pale leader remained where he was, his paws rooted to his position on the shore. Despite being exposed XIX was oddly comfortable. He watched as drops of water descended from the sky and plunged into the lake, creating a bubbling effect along the surface. Occasionally the downpour would lessen, allowing Lachesis time to blink the rain out of his eyes and enjoy the serenity of moment. The breaks never lasted long but he did not mind. He would regret this decision later, when it took days for his pale fur to dry out. Right now, however, the solitude was worth it for it was not often he was able to get time to himself. Between being a (better) father and the leader of Hearthwood his paws were typically full as he tended to his duties. It was only when bad weather consumed the Lore that he was able to escape for a few hours.

XIX was surprised to hear the voice of another cut through the rain. He had not expected to be disturbed until he returned to Hearthwood (and his children). A soft smile tugged at his lips as he turned to the pale stranger, a singe brow raised as he offered a slow shrug as an initial response. “I suppose it’s a good thing I know how to treat colds,” he countered coolly before returning his chartreuse gaze to the lake. “I could say the same to you,” he added with a cheeky grin. She was just as exposed to the storm as he was—perhaps not as long, but she had left the safety of the trees behind her.

While he was curious as to why she was not hiding from the storm XIX remained quiet, his tongue laying still between his teeth. 

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
I can't get enough of Lach! :D
Aurora Thane

Rain thundered in her ears, but she found that turning them backward helped her to focus in on the male's words, a small smile crept along the corners of her mouth when she caught word of him being a healer; interesting enough she hadn't been around one in months. "You have a very valuable skill," she mentioned, though was certain he knew his worth. She had always been interested in the the ability of the plants, after being introduced to them shortly after her first year of life, but her interest rarely went beyond the properties of pain and alleviating particular sicknesses, everything else seemed rather boring.

When he countered her remark she nodded her head at first, contemplating how to articulate her thoughts before finally blurting, "a cold is the least of my worries,"  which was true in all aspects of her life since becoming a loner. Worrying over her overall well-being fell second to her constant search of food and the fact that she was constantly keeping herself moving so that her scent never clung to just one land. She learned fairly early on how becoming too comfortable could cause ruin and harm, "it seems that maybe it isn't that big of a concern to you either, even despite your skills." she guessed, considering how little he had moved since the storms start. " Do you come here often?" she asked without missing a beat. Unlike her counterpart, who seemed to have come to this place for peace, she was mostly in search of food as she was constantly hungry and her health was borderline danger zone; but who was keeping tabs anymore?

(This post was last modified: Jul 16, 2017, 06:31 AM by Rory.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
i am glad you brought rory back! <3

Without lifting his gaze from the water before him the ghost hummed in silent agreement. Becoming a healer had never been a goal of his—at least not in the reserve. It was not until he had arrived in Relic Lore and was questioned on his abilities that Lachesis realized his knowledge of plants was useful. That he was useful.

It was when she spoke again that the ghost tore his gaze away from the lake he treasured, his head falling to the side as curiosity bubbled within his chest. Loners were always so cryptic, and rightfully so. The life of a loner was not an easy one. It was a constant search for both food and shelter.

Oddly enough the anxious ghost had enjoyed his time as a loner. Fences had confined him during his first year of life, preventing him from venturing into the lands beyond the reserve. His brother had forced him to escape with him, even despite his vocal protests. He had been nervous, as the feral world frightened XIX more than the two-legs did, but meeting Anastasia had helped. Lachesis doubted he would have survived without her. Some days he even missed the time they spent without a pack; the freedom they were given.

“I like the rain,” he commented absently in response, his ears twitching in amusement. He nodded softly at her question, a corner of his mouth lifting in a lop-sided grin. “All the time.” If it had been his choice Lachesis would have settled next to the lake; however, it had been Maksim that claimed their home in the north. The river was just as comforting as the lake but it was too close to home. Turtleback was just far enough to escape for a few hours before he had to return to his responsibilities. “Too much, actually,” he added with a small chuckle. “And you, do you come here often? Or are you seeking something other than a shower?”

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
I'm glad her and Lach finally get to meet :D @Lachesis sorry for the wait by the way!

Aurora Thane

As much as Lachesis enjoyed the rain, Rory enjoyed her freedom. She liked the lack of responsibility that came with it and despite her loneliness, she actually preferred finding her company than the other way around, that way she could turn that off too. She was a strange wolf, one day hot and then cold, but she was very much functional and many were oblivious to the conflict within her head. She was beginning to believe her own lies, and was becoming even better at convincing others as well.

"If my memory serves me right, this is my first visit here." and she was certain that she would remember this place forever, considering that she had met a nice wolf in the midst of it all, even despite the horrible weather. "I can do without the shower to be honest with you, but I have a feeling that this land has plentiful food once the weather breaks once more." she was forever eluding to her constant hunger, but it was not Lachesis' responsibility, and for a moment she kicked at the mud that surrounded her feet contemplating what to say next. He probably thought that she was the worst of scavengers.

"I was born in Whisper Caverns many years ago." she said, holding her breath after the deep inhale of shock had released itself. Why had she mentioned her birth pack, what did she have to prove to his male? Why had she even considered proving herself to this stranger, perhaps the looming guilt of remaining a free roamer was getting to her. "I'm talking too much, please forgive me." her head shook, releasing the flood of emotions that tempted to surface. This male had not come here to hear her problems when clearly he had his own...she was losing herself.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3 @Aurora

He had been sitting out in the rain for so long his limbs were beginning to grow numb and stiff as water continued to saturate his fur, dripping down his legs and between his eyes. The Stark did not mind now, but he knew the possibility of acquiring a cold was becoming more likely with every second he remained exposed to the frigid water. It would be wise for him, and the pale girl, to seek shelter soon.

Nodding at her response the ghost offered her a small smile, the corners of his eyes crinkling softly. “I’m sure it won’t be your last, either,” he countered quickly, a mischievous grin rolling onto his handsome features. “The rain is a bit of a nuisance, yes, but it is much better than the abundance of snow we received this winter.” Even though he descended from the Arctic, XIX had grown accustom to the warmer climate of Lore and was not as fond of the white substance as he used to be.

His ears twitched in amusement as he realized the direction their conversation had taken. Two strangers conversing about the weather—how stereotypical.

Whisper Caverns. The name was not familiar to him and he was curious as to whether the pack still claimed part of the Lore. It did not appear that the pale stranger was part of the pack any longer, for the only scent attached to her pelt was her own. He snorted at her next comment and dismissed her words with a sharp wave of his tail, a smile still etched across his lips. “Don’t apologize,” he retorted, his maw canted to the side as he studied her curiously. “Listening happens to be one thing I’m good at, so talk away,” he added with a small laugh, his ears pinned forward. “Forgive me for not introducing myself: my name’s Lachesis Stark. I lead the pack in the woods north of this lake,” he introduced smoothly as he motioned toward the trees that sheltered Hearthwood from the rest of the land.

“Food is always plentiful in the north,” he added with a cheeky grin, commenting on her previous statement about the land flooding with life once the rain subsided.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
@Lachesis ^-^
Aurora Thane

"I actually do not mind the snow" she admitted, turning to look at the male and half expecting him to think she was crazy. During the winter Rory felt at her prime, her youth was a benefit when she could barrel through the snow to track prey without tire, or when she could track prey for miles from sight alone. She used the snow as a weapon, and there had been plenty of times when the cold had perished many without her having to utilize her energy, and for that alone she quickly grew to appreciate the season. It was perhaps one of her most favorite of seasons, and it could be made better if she had a pack to back her up.

She wasn't surprised in the least when the male hardly flinched at the mention of her birth pack, like her memories of the land and its members, the pack had dispersed themselves quickly and Rory hardly remembered the path back. She assumed that it was best to keep it where it laid; in the past. "Aurora Thanne, but I prefer Rory. I assume my mother named me after the lights that float across the winter skies in the far North." she said, reminiscing about the beautiful lights she'd witnessed with her own eyes. They were a sight to behold, unlike herself.

"I am honored to be in the presence of a leader. You must be quite the wolf, to lead a whole pack." she continued on with a smile on her lips, happy for the wolf who seemed nothing like many of the egotistical alpha's she'd come across. It would seem that this male had many layers about him, and Rory was growing more interested by the minute. "How does a leader manage to wander away unseen? Surely the pack would go astray without you." she lacked the basic knowledge of pack politics and leadership roles, but she assumed a leader never strayed much farther than the border of their home. "Oh no, let's not talk about food, we'll be on the topic for hours" she joked, having grown hungry just from the thought and wondered if what he said was true. If so, she'd have to stay here much longer in hopes of filling her empty belly.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Aurora ! <3 <3 <3

“Neither do I,” he admitted with a small laugh, the corners of his eyes crinkling as he motioned to his alabaster fur with his nose, “I was born in the far north. But I’ll admit the climate change has made me a little soft since arriving here.” He shrugged off his confession as he squinted against the rain, his toes curling into the spongey soil beneath them. The Yukon had been drenched in snow for nearly half of his first year, for they had an unexpected snowfall at the end of the summer and as the cooler months rolled in, it never disappeared. Even when he and his brother had escaped from the Reserve snow had littered the ground, coming to the Arctics’ aid as it masked their pale figures as they skirted the fences to the south. To the Lore.

He had been bitter about being forced to leave in the beginning, for he had been fond of his cushy life. But now that he had made a life here XIX could not imagine returning. Not to where the two-legs roamed, poking and prodding, meddling.

He nodded gently in response to her greeting, his head tilting slightly to one side as a small smile tugged at his mouth. “It’s an honour to be named after the aurora. I miss the view from my birthplace—the lights were so big you couldn’t see nothing but colour for miles. That was the only thing he missed about the far north, as they had made the endless nights more bearable.

Perhaps that was the reason behind his nocturnal behaviour. His nostrils flared in amusement but he remained quiet, his chartreuse pools focused on the younger wolf as she spoke once more. This time he snorted, dismissing her words with a flick of his nose. “I wouldn’t say that,” he chuffed in response, his tail curling tightly around his hind leg. He had not chosen his position, for it had been the result of a series of unfortunate events, but now he could not picture himself anywhere but at the helm of Hearthwood. It was his forever home after all. “Very quietly,” he whispered, his smile only continuing to widen before his tone grew more serious: “We’re a family. Every wolf knows their role and what is expected of them. I trust them to take care of themselves, and each other, when I step away to stretch my legs or clear my head.” Most of the river wolves had been together for quite some time; he did not expect Hearthwood to crumble if he disappeared for a few hours. They were all capable wolves and he trusted them with his life.

Snorting at her final comment he nodded in agreement, his lips falling into a tight line as he refused to acknowledge the topic of food any longer.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
@Lachesis <3!!!
Aurora Thanne

"Are you of Arctic blood then?" she asked after mention of being from the far North, she had met plenty of wolves from the North and considered many to be of the most kind wolves she'd met. She supposed it was from the lack of resources and their ability to share given the harsh climate, or perhaps it was just in their nature but she was certain that there were had been very few awkward encounters that ensued during her travels and didn't expect anything different if she ever were to return. His mention of seeing the lights from his birth pack was nearly a dead giveaway but she couldn't be certain but the experience intrigued her, she'd seen them but a few times and it was a memory that replayed most vividly in her mind.

He mentioned his pack once more, and she nodded when he enlightened her that his pack was very self sufficient without the constant need of a leader's presence, that in itself was enough to be proud of and made her wonder if the male was aware of the gem he'd inherited. "You make your pack sound so...interesting." she said with a smile, giving praise once more to the male where it was evidently due. "What is your pack called if you don't mind me asking?" she would store the information for future reference in case she needed it while traveling further North.