(See All?) Announcements
703 Users Online
Bing, Google

deceit so natural — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vet who has 88 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Zerxes Zamora

But a wolf in sheep's clothing is more than a warning...

With Treyah on her own journey, Zerxes was left to his own devices and his mask was wearing thin. Much of the pack was immersed in the care of pups and the change in leadership from Triell to Kerberos had escaped his notice. Of course, that was likely because he slept alone and not in a communal den with the others. While his fur may have bore the scent of Charred Ash Draw, there was little else that held him to it. As his little friend was not around to keep him bound to the pack, the masked male felt the time had come to break his ties. He was far healthier now than he had been when first he joined the back and had gained all he needed from them.

The only one he'd ever fooled had been Treyah anyway. She believed he'd wanted more than just the food and protection a pack could offer. In truth, she wasn't completely wrong. He wanted her. And that in itself was dangerous. The girl had wormed her way into his heart in such a wicked and subtle way that Z felt his obligations shifting. A fucking joke was what that was. No female, no matter how naively trusting, had the right to sway his actions.

She would make a fine ruler one day. Of that, he was certain. He had set into motion the beginnings to make it so. That he had the strength to influence queens and future royals suited him just fine. It was an intoxicating sort of power and he knew if he stayed, he would make sure he led alongside her and sired her children. That was NOT the life he saw for himself. NOT the trap he would fall into. He had bigger aspirations than leading a small pack in some backwoods location. No, all of Relic Lore would know his name.

His call for Skidrow and Naira was short and clipped. Any hint of the politely submissive wolf that they had known was absent. At the pair arrived, he spoke plainly. "I'm taking my leave." His words left no room for them to convince him otherwise. "Don't look so upset, Kerby-boy." Z grinned with insubordination. Damn, did it feel good to say that. To stare at him head on. To not give any amount of submission to him. "I've gotten what I needed from you all and I wash my fur of you and your ilk."

Show me how you justify telling all your lies like second nature...