(See All?) Announcements
707 Users Online
Bing, Google

Passing Of The Crown — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Finally getting to this thread where Vesper will ask @Kajika to take over as leader

"Kajika?" The agouti male called out as his head poked behind the veil of vines and leaves that covered their communal den's entrance, golden eyes blinking against the sudden shift from light to dark in order to adjust to the new levels of lighting while searching for the ebony silhouette amongst the equally dark shadows. If luck was on his side today he would be able to find the trusted second here and better yet catch the man alone in order to discuss something of great importance that would no doubt cause some uncertainty within the pack should anyone else catch the wind of what the two men needed to talk about.

Plenty of nights and days were spent thinking very carefully about this conversation, but each time Vespertio widdled everything down to the same conclusion and despite all that he had given to this pack from the first breath it took as Fallen Tree Cove back when Athena ruled at his side to the physical toll it was gradually taking on his body, he knew it was time to pass the crown to the head of another at least temporarily. Maybe even permanently, but for now temporarily sounded good. Had one of his sons remained perhaps they could have had the opportunity to take up the position their sire held for years, but alas the only child of his blood that remained along the Cove's shore now was Lunette. 

With no signs of the man inside the den a small hum of thought passed over inky lips before he took a few steps to retreat from behind the den's veil to turn about and head towards the next place he believed Kajika could be. He always was an early riser and by this point of the day there was a chance he was somewhere along the lake's pebbly shoreline catching fish to refuel before attending to whatever remaining tasks were on the man's daily to do list. 
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Life continued on in the cove for Kajika as he went through each day taking care of his duties the best he could. He was thankful that spring had arrived and brought the prey back to the land. There was less to worry about in that regard but that wasn't where his worries had been as of late. It was the borders and who was on the other side, would they come in and harm his packmates? Every day he feared for another tragedy to strike the cove. That they would lose someone else and he didn't know how many more they could lose before it broke them. His border patrols we're done in a careful fashion to ensure he was picking up any strange activity.

After patrolling however he went about hunting so that he could be sure everyone had food. That particular morning he was trying for some fish. The caches had run out and he thought to get some more in them before someone went looking for a fish and couldn't find one. The beta had done his patrol in such a way that he would finish around the lake where he could get right into fishing. It would save him the time of having to cross the territory to get to the lake which meant he would be finished sooner and could maybe get some time with Chan a little later. Kajika considered all of the options for things he and Chan could do as he made his way on to the shore of the lake. It would be plentiful with fish by this time of year so the dark man wasn't particularly worried about there not being anything to catch.

He first stopped to get himself a drink of water, a morning of patrolling could sure cause him to become very thirsty. For a long time he lapped at the water until he'd had his fill and then he set about the task he’d come to the lake for. The first thing he did wasn't jump onto one of the rocks to locate the fish in the water. Once he’d done that he carefully waded out to where they were trying not to stir the water too much and scare them away. Then the dark man waited for his opportunity to snatch one of the fish out of the water. He thought he was close enough to the shore that when he did catch one of them he might be able to fling it onto the shore and quickly go back to fishing.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Despite the heaviness of material the impending conversation held, creamy paws kept up a light and casual pace as they made their way over the bedding of pine needles and gradually shifting soil that became pebblier the closer he drew to the lapping shoreline of Lost Lake. For a moment worry gnawed at the patriarch's innards as he tried to ponder how @Kajika would take this news. He was a loyal member that had always done his best and gone above any expectations the pack had of him in order to ensure they would see another day. But even a member such as the ebony male had a chance to decline the offer that would soon be presented to him.

Ahead golden irises could see the glistening surface of the water beneath the early morning light, reflecting back the soft pastel hues that were on the verge of merging into a solid blue sky for the remainder of the daylight hours and as expected a lone dark figure was spotted wading out into the shallows not far off from the shoreline. At first glance, the worry that gnawed inside swelled immensely before dying down with each step that brought Vespertio closer to the lake's shore. Pausing once the cool water could kiss the very tips of his toes, burying them partially into the moist sand below. "Kajika? You have a minute?" Better to get this over with than wait and let his emotions fester in uncertainty. 
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He had taught many wolves to fish during his time in the lore so fishing had become like second nature to the beta. With the lake being so close to the cove he'd been able to refine his skills. He was thankful for that since the fish provided a nice change to the rabbits and squirrels they always had. He much preferred fish but that he assumed was because he had his fill of rabbits and squirrels as a loner and hadn't quite gotten over that. So as balanced on the rock to see where the schools of fish were congregating that day he tried to keep his shadow over the water as still and small as he could. Being a rather large wolf it was quite the task but not a challenge the dark man wasn't up for. Just another thing to help hone his fishing skills and maybe something he could teach Chan one day.

After pinpointing where the fish were he made it to a place to wade into the water carefully to not disturb his prey. He made it to where the fish were and was getting into position when a voice from the shore called for him asking if he had a minute. The dark man didn't need to think on who was asking, the voice was familiar. He turned his head and offered the alpha a smile, “Of course, I always have a minute for you,” he told the man as he waded back to the shore. Once he'd reached dry land he shook the water from his coat. “What is it you would like to talk about?” He asked a brow raised in curiosity. Life had been pretty quiet around the cove, he hoped that something wasn't wrong. Then he wondered if maybe Vespertio knew about he and Lunette but he pushed that thought out of his mind and waits for the patriarch to say what had brought him to the lake.

Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Time seemed to move at a snail's pace with each passing second that ticked by while Vespertio waited for the ebony second to register his presence and eventually the man's attention was robbed from the fish that swam beneath the water's surface, light amber eyes and a soft smile now facing the patriarch's direction. Always had a minute Kajika had said before wading through the shallows to reach the pebbly shoreline, giving his damped pelt a good shake before asking what it was he wanted to talk about. 

A quick clearing of his throat and the agouti man took a couple steps back to settle onto his haunches where the water wouldn't quite reach him, molten gold irises meeting the light amber pair of Kajikas. Fumbling over the words he wanted to use despite having practiced it to near perfection before seeking the man out. "I don't know how to really go about this other than to just say it." Pausing, the once friendly expression upon his facial features morphed into a more serious one, a sign pointing at how exactly that, serious, this conversation was going to be.

"I need to ask a favor of you and it's not a small one, I'm afraid. I want you to take over as lead male for me for awhile." Because it's slowly killing me and I don't know how much I have left to give...
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

When he was first aware of Vespertio's presence he'd been worried that it was something bad which he quickly dismissed. There was only one thing that the man could be upset with him and if he was he doubted the patriarch would have asked for a minute. So Kajika had relaxed, surely it was just something that needed done and if course the beta would be happy to help the man out. Anything to take some stress off his alpha, he'd made it clear to the man before he was more than willing to help out anyway he could.

Once he was in the shore with the excess water shook from his pelt he turned to the man and gave him his full attention. When Vespertio sat Kajika took that as a cue to sit as well. The dread he'd felt before returned as the man spoke, he'd never known the alpha to not know how to say something. He wondered if he should he worried that maybe he had done something that maybe he hadn't realized that was completely wrong. “Whatever it is I am sure we can get through it,” he tried to reassure the man and maybe help him to say what he needed to. The change in the other man's features was enough to cause the worry to become more real.

Then Vespertio came out with it and Kajika's eyes widened, he'd never thought this would happen. Vespertio wanting him to take over for a while the beta didn't need to hesitate or think about it. “Of course, I would be honored to step in for you as long as you need. I hope that everything is okay?” He was worried for the man, if he were honest he'd been worried about him for awhile.

Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Vespertio wasn't sure how exactly the swarthy male would take the news he blurted out, but hope helped aid the scale tip more in the good direction knowing how loyal and eager to please Kajika was. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do for the benefit of the pack and it shouldn't have been any surprise that without hesitation he took up this chance to help out his patriarch as well, but not without shooting a question for Vesper to answer first. Was everything okay? Maybe the other male was more observant than the now former patriarch gave him credit for.

Releasing a heavy sigh all he could do to answer the man was offer a shake of his head, his charcoal dusted shoulders slumping slightly. "I've been at the helm since day one and given every ounce of myself to this pack in order to ensure it doesn't crumble into dust, but I don't think I have anything left to give. My mate has suffered, my children have left even though Lunette managed to come back. The pack has suffered too much loss and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm struggling to keep everything together and I need help.." Struggling to keep myself together... It was hard to admit his vulnerability, but enough was enough.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He'd been with the pack a long time and sometimes it seemed like forever. He could never know what the agouti make had been through before he came but he knew what he'd been through since. For a long time he'd been worried about the alpha and how much he could take. Kajika had learned that everyone had their breaking point, he'd had his and Naimd had hers. Now Vespertio was asking him to take care of the pack for him for awhile but Kajika and he did not hesitate to do this. He'd been given a home and been trusted by the man before him and to take his stresses on so that he may have his chance to have lost the time yet needed was an honor for the beta. It was no different than Moonshadow taking over for Namid when it had been necessary.

He knew that the relationship he had with the agouti make had never been what Vespertio had with Anthem. Still he worried for the man who was a friend no matter their closeness. As a friend he felt he needed to check up in the alpha so he asked. The answer he was given was not a surprise given all that had happened. “You have been strong through it all Vespertio and should be proud of that. Others may not have been able to give so much and take so much bad and still stand as strong as you have. You've been a great leader and I have been proud to serve under you. I feel this is a good decision. You need time to yourself where you don't have pack stresses, I will take care of the pack for you and you know I'm always here if you just need to talk.” This was the best way he could see to repay the man who had given him so much in the time that he had known him. Kajika knew well enough that time away could be the greatest gift he could give.

Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Already the agouti man could feel the weight upon his shoulders become a little lighter, his head lift a little higher now that the solid gold crown that had been so heavy since the first day it came to rest upon his brows had found a new head to rest upon. Of course, Vespertio would never wish the swarthy man beside him to endure the same agony and soul eating situations he had faced since calling himself the king of the lake, but he knew and agreed with Kajika that this was indeed the right decision. Instead of putting the pack first, it was time to do something for himself that would better him in the end. Perhaps maybe even save his life.

The Vuesain gave a solemn nod of his head and weary, but ever grateful smile adorned the white furred lining of his lips as his second now bumped into leadership offered words of comfort and reassurance that despite not holding the reigns in his paws anymore he would do his best to ensure everything would be alright while he took this time to de-stress. What a precious soul and gift Kajika truly was. "I truly appreciate this Kajika and I can't thank you enough. The pack is in good paws with you as their leader now, but I'd like to keep this exchange quiet. With how everyone had reacted to Namid stepping down and Moonshadow taking her place I'd hate to cause any uncertainty amongst our members like that again." He had no doubt in the man's abilities, but the longer they could keep the peace the better. Eventually, they would pick up on the shift in ranks, but until then he would be content to play the part if only to keep chaos at bay. 
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity